Make a promise with a friend to get fit from playing D&D

>Make a promise with a friend to get fit from playing D&D
>Weekly sessions
>For every single EXP point i have to do a push up, a sit up, or equivalent exercise between sessions. So 500 exp means 500 total push-ups or 250 push-ups plus 250 curls.
>Starting at level 3 in pathfinder.
What did i get myself into?

Other urls found in this thread:

kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not sure if its the same scale but
kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder
5e a CR 3 creature is 700 xp.

Thats split amongst all party members. But seriously, that's going to be at least 600-1,000 EXP per session at this level and later game it'll be around 2,000-3,000.

That's pretty easy. 1000 EXP paid off over 5 days (assuming break day) that's 200 a day. So 4 sets of 20 push-ups, curls, and etc should be easy enough. Takes less than half an hour.

You are going on a journey to get swole, godspeed.

>pathfinder.
You're in for a shitty game.

Relax, user.

It sounds a lot but it's really not.

I used to do 200 sit ups and 100 pushups per night. Actually managed to get a sort of six pack.

Then my uninsured fucking house flooded and I had to rip out the sodden rotting carpets and doing situps on the cold asphalt flooring is unpleasant.

Point is this is a good opportunity and incentive to get fit. Or at least get a sixpack which people assume is the same thing.

>or at least get a six pack which people assume is the same thing

A laugh for you, good sir. I understand the issue well and you have explained it in a manner most wit.

6 packs are about 80% made in the kitchen, but yeah, it's really not that much.

Is this a GM rule? Or something you're doing to motivate yourself?

Either way I'm stoked for you bro. Don't forget cardio, and to change up the lifts. I'd probably do something like each point of xp, is 5lbs you gotta move. 250lb bench for 3 reps is 150 xp, sort of thing.

Truth.

Cardio kills gains.

>6 packs are about 80% made in the kitchen
Explain this please

>high level encounters push 100,000xp

Diet. How you eat determines a six pack.

Ah. What do you ahve to eat to get a six pack?

-beer
+steak?

I cut all flour/sugar/simple carbs in general, aside from the occasional cheat.

I'm not a Veeky Forumsizen though, I just hate myself.

Gotta do a least a little cardio bro, especially if you're bulking hard.
Your body isn't' used to moving that much mass around, and you have to adjust.
I was retarded and skipped cardio.
A cardiovascular system that worked great at 130lbs, was woefully inadequate at 210. I got winded like a fat kid.

Just lean for the most part.
Even if you do a lot of ab exercises, you wont see anything unless you're around 10% body fat or less.

Cut calories.
Six packs are due to low body fat + visible muscle.

>not going bearmode like your adventurer would probably be if he had good access to food

If I cut calories I end up looking like a starving Ethiopian.

>What did i get myself into?
Wrong edition for that kind of challenge. Should ask the GM to use 3.5 rules for XP and levelling.

Not necessarily true, 10% body fat would show abs but they wouldn't look good.

Still gotta work that core if you want that bodybuilder or beach bod.

>Ah. What do you ahve to eat to get a six pack?

At a deficit, visable abs will show up at around 14% bodyfat, for defined abs you'll want to be around 12% bodyfat. Eat at around a 500kcal (no more unless you're willing to lose muscle mass) deficit while eating 1-1.5grams of protein per pound per day to avoid losing gains.

HUGE

This. HUGE.

Ask if it works the other way around as well. If you do and document for proof situps and pushups will you get in-game XP.

Because this could be an incredible incentive to get HUGE.

Dude you are going to fucking die unless you're allowed to space those out.

You'll get around 1000 XP per session, a bit more if your DM wants to get to the fun levels faster. At around 1200 XP and 5 days of investment per week, you're looking at a daily workout of:
100 push-ups, as 4 sets of 25
100 sit-ups, as 3 sets of 30-35
40 curls, as 4 sets of 10
All those can be done in about 20 minutes at home, but unless you have weights, I suggest trading the curls for more sit-ups, as it's the easier of the two.

You won't get HUGE at early levels, but if you're starting from a mostly sedentary regime, you'll get muscle mass and resistance pretty decently. Note that with time, as you gain levels and resistance, your workout will naturally get longer and harder. If you notice excess muscle fatigue, use some of your weekly XP in different exercises. Add squats, and then planks(in a 3-second-per-XP ratio, so start with reps of 30 secs, then 60). Remember that only pussies skip legday.

Ingest more protein. = 1gram per pound of weight per day.

>100 pushups per night.

I don't get how people do so many push ups. Are you doing slow and controlled with full range of motion, squeezing your hands together to engage the chest? Or are we talking half range of motion, really fast?

You need to have 10% bodyfat. I see so many skinny kids checking out their abs in the gym, when their core is actually super weak. I can't be bothered to change my diet, so i'm still at 14%

Probably taking longer rests between sets of 20. If my shoulder wasn't kinda busted, I think I could do an arbitrary amount of that.