JumpChain CYOA Thread #1378: Save Our Catgirls Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tamorapierce.wikia.com/wiki/Ambient_magic
youtu.be/eeqT3_XxZTI
youtube.com/watch?v=sPhOCXzLBKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Save a catgirl and she'll be safe for a while.
Train a catgirl to defend herself and she'll be safe for the rest of her life.

But teaching your catgirl to fight is bad ownership. They're for headpats, belly rubs, and handholding with the lights turned off .

So, after I finished reading up on the general information of the Circle of Magic, I figured that I could get away with creating a custom Ambient Magic. What do you guys think?

> Crafting: A form of Wind Magic, this strange Magic seems to follow the chaotic whims of inspiration and creation. A Craft Mage draws their power not from the final products of the various forms of creation whether it be art or something more practical, but from the process itself, the conceptualization and creation, and it is this magic that a Craft Mage could use to fake the gifts that other more specialized Ambient Mages have received, and only when they channel their magic through a tool associated with that craft that they themselves designed and built, this lasts only as long as they can keep channeling their magic. Things get strange however, when they channel more than one of these Craft Magics, for one thing, they could treat the raw materials of one craft as they were the raw materials of another (carving metal like wood) or combine the crafts to get a completely new result (cooking and painting to get an edible portrait).

Also, link for comparison's sake: tamorapierce.wikia.com/wiki/Ambient_magic

It's an SJ Chan jump of a series very few people here seem to have read. You could make up anything short of omnipotence and people would still probably not reply or know what you were on about.

Mostly seems like you couldn't decide and just wanted like 60% of the ambient magics at once.

Could someone please post the new update to the Greek mythology jump? The one on the drive is the old version.

New program, Bancho? That's most normal post you've made in forever. No weird spacing issues or weird capitalization.

I just got lucky this time.

Actually, the one on the drive includes the line about 100cp perks being free for origin that Herculanon said he had thought he'd included in the last pdf he uploaded to the thread, so I strongly suspect the one on the drive is actually the new version that he forgot to post rather than the other way around.

One could always hope though, yeah?

Sadly, yes. But more so, I needed to stick with my theme of Crafter Extraordinaire, and everything offered was just so narrow....

...fuck that was some dumbass reasoning. Excuse me while I man the fuck up and actually choose one of the Ambients available.

Okay, I just diff'd the pdf from the thread with the pdf from the drive; the latter has the note about the 100cp perks, some perk errata and a whole bunch of additional notes on stuff that Herculanon got asked about in the thread after the last posted pdf. So it really does look like he forgot to post the update he uploaded.

Did the Suits jump in Uploads get reviewed in thread? I searched the archive, but too many hits to tell if it was posted recently.

Seems like a bland jump, overall.

I can no longer open the drive on my phone. Is anyone else running into this?

It wasn't posted to the thread but it was noticed and reviewed in the thread before this one. People had pretty much the same reaction as you.

Mine take me straight to my GDrive app.

On the other hand, compared to galactic ninja pirates and eldritch mega wizards who cast fist, it's... kinda difficult to avoid a jump about mundane lawyers in a mundane world coming off bland.

I'm good over here.

It wasn't posted to thread by the actual jumpmaker who I think was some dude over on Reddit, but was looked at last thread by a few people.

You can do normal life jumps and make them interesting. Both Investigation and Ace Attorney are lots of fun.

I wonder if Redditors know they are supposed to post in Veeky Forums before posting to the drive? I don't know where this requirement is posted for non Veeky Forums jump makers to find.

i told you.

Yeah, unlike with SB I don't know if we have any people that frequent Reddit whatsoever. Nobody to really inform the shit.

Make a "Rules for Uploading" file in the uploads folder?
Speaking of Herculanon, is he still making the CD jump, or did he quit, after the stuff with Brahmasta? I was looking forward to seeing what he was going to do with it.

Oh, nearly forgot to ask. Was there anything anyone wanted to personally suggest for Digimon Tamers Jump? I can't promise all suggestions will go in, but it's usually handy knowing what kinds of things people are most looking forward too so I it's properly represented or whatever.

a Digimon background option of course.

Crossover option?

With other Digimon series, I mean.

Naaaah, sorry. I'm focusing exclusively on Tamers for this since I hate Generic Digimon's approach of trying to cover too much. A Crossover option makes sense more for a series like Xros anyways.

Please don't make the digimon companions and make them like followers or pokemon or something

Biomerging stuff, and something like Calumon's digivolution thing maybe?

Not too familiar with Tamers specifically.

It's not even ambiguous though. Digimon as a whole can talk and are their own people and stuff. It's a really important plot point that Rika recognizes Renamon as an actual living thing instead of some artificial battle slave. Why wouldn't they be companions?

Noted and noted. Thanks for the response even if you're not too familiar on source material.

Digimon partners for my companions?

Sure thing, Digimon Partners are free for everyone with the Tamer origin.

youtu.be/eeqT3_XxZTI

so Jumper's what are your long-term plans ?

I know that user, I watched tamers and most of the other digimon shows it's just that they I thought would operate like followers until you imported them granting them full companion status similar to pokemon and necessary for tamers sorry if my reasoning sounds retarded and if I need to explain better

Don't listen to cracked bancho

Speaking of magic systems - anyone have any interesting options for the Hero BBS jump?

I was thinking ritualistic hermetic magic, with a boost in raw power, to let you have flying castles and such. A bit like an amped-up Dresden or RPM style.

Why would you think that? Pokemon are basically sapient animals, while Digimon are weird-looking people. Like, they have cities and stuff.

I must admit I'm confused. Pokemon are companions by default unless something changed when I wasn't looking. Why would it be necessary for Tamers that Digimon behave as followers?

Crypt Of The NecroDancer. How come it doesn't have anything to do with NecroDancer? Like no NecroBard.

Well, game cards to modify/enhance your digimon seems obvious.

A blue card and notepad to draw a custom digimon like Guilmon was by Takato?

Not him, but because companion slots are limited, so having them take up a slot makes it pretty hard to take them along.

Considering a Tamer can't do much without a Digimon partnered with them...

Oh, can we import a companion into the role?

>sapient animals

.... pic related

Tom Clancy's rainbow siege
realistic difficulty +300 no other jump comes with the presumption that the point you face are as smart as the opponents in the media They are represented in except for meta stuff like generic Sugar bowl, discworld and Princess bride, you know this right ?
for location Roll(1d8)+0:6,+0 Total:6 Russia just go watch captain pronin superstar and you'll get the broad strokes now reverse law to chaos for the protagonist.
drop-in free
the gimmick free for drop-in no more annoying questions about my equipment
200 ping -200 discount for drop-in this is a nice trick
patch notes -400 discount for drop in . Everyone who takes this jump is going to take this
Press Space to Rappel -100 handy. I know no
You may die (but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make) -400CP. This is an awesome charisma perk
medical pistol -100 these things are always fun
recon drone, free
advanced recon drone -50
deployable shield -50
the plan: vacation jump! Smash some bad guys and chill.

Perhaps something like in MtG, but where you actually summon the "land" you bond with.

Someone from a fishing village could conjure up sprays of seawater, dock pilings, and nets. A Hero who travelled the land could throw lava from the Volcano, snow from the high mountains, and shield themselves with the invincible gates of the Hidden Fortress.

Demons bring with them the abyssal landscape - sulphur, strange plants that feed on stone and produce wine, bizarre geometries.

Pokemon are companions in the Pokemon jump, but aren't in Pokemon Conquest.

Can we please get perks for biomerge between 2 beings,

a perk to stay at mega (or your highest transformation you have unlocked),

card swipe is a must

a way for digimon human hybrid children,

a perk to program your own digimon like the tamers parents did,

a way to make programs you have evolve based on set parameters again like the parents did

The ability to give others the power to digivolve like the deavas did maybe? Or was that the sovereigns who did that?

Custom Digimon partner, this is the big thing. Takato made his partner from some sketches so maybe we could get something similar? Please? Pretty please? Maybe with the option to import a companion into the new digiform? Or ourselves?

A note pad, some colored pencils, a bluecard, and a digivice so we can make a custom digimon companion.

Wait, what?

They're also not sapient in Pokemon Conquest.

A way to give toy weapons power and make them into real weapons like what beelzemon did with his toy lazer mako gave him.

>a perk to stay at mega (or your highest transformation you have unlocked),
From my knowledge of Digimon, Digimon naturally grow into their greater forms until they become their 'default', and digievolution is basically a young Digimon skipping growth to assume their older forms through a bond with a digidestined. This is why they're treated as impermanent with most of the protagonists but not NPCs and villains.

Of course even a mature digimon can assume or be forced into a de-digivolved form temporarily or as a new default.

An item, that's in the perks section. Also its a scythe, but there's no raising the dead, or controlling them.

Way ahead of you, Tamers are gonna get their choice of a variety of Starter Decks in their item tree. Blue Cards are something I didn't think about as something purchasable, but I should take a second look at that. No promises on the notepad, but I am working on something similar.

Mmmm, that's an understandable concern. I'll try to figure something out to help with that.

Yeah, Digimon Partner is one of the planned origins.

Ah, I was unaware.

Already working on stuff for Biomerge

Way ahead of you.

Already in

>a way for digimon human hybrid children
Uh, you're gonna have to refresh my memory on where that appears, since I'm blanking.

>a perk to program your own digimon like the tamers parents did / a way to make programs you have evolve based on set parameters again like the parents did
No promises, but the Monster Makers are partial inspiration for Drop In.

It was Zhuqiaomon who did that, yeah. Bit powerful, but since I'm already considering stuff with Calumon I can't say it won't show up.

>Custom Digimon partner, this is the big thing. Takato made his partner from some sketches so maybe we could get something similar? Please? Pretty please? Maybe with the option to import a companion into the new digiform? Or ourselves?
I really can't promise anything since it'd be difficult with how varied Digimon are in powers and forms, but I wanted to do just that for those exact reasons.

Maybe some way to copy the materialization aspect of tamers where the digimon formed real bodies?

A way to make a custom partner, preferrably one who isn't brain damaged like guilmon.

A calumon pet/friend, hes basically useless but cute.

A copy of the D Reaper program.

All the day old bread you can eat.

A crate of every digimon card ever made.

A house near the city.

>you're gonna have to refresh my memory on where that appears, since I'm blanking.

Yeah it wasn't in the main show but there were a lot of fanfictions with it because of biomerge implications. Dont worry about it I never expected to get that one anyway.

Thanks nubee you're awesome!

Haven't you spent over three days autisming over this jump in IRC?

Hm. Not any less so than those in the normal Pokemon jump, considering that's primarily based on the games?

Mystery Dungeon jump's really the only one that should actually count them as companions. But Pokemon's the first jump, so yeah...

You know it is funny that the show actually has a canon drop in person. The guy with a cybermon came out of nowhere and is iirc from another universe entirely.

See I was actually planning on making that into a one-off item, but that would be an interesting perk. I'll definitely think on this one.

That was one of the first things I thought up actually!

Guilmon wasn't brain damaged, he was literally a toddler in the body of a fire breathing raptor.

Done, that's an awesome idea.

Eeeeeh, maybe. Not so sure given how dangerous it is, but it could be interesting in its original form.

Fuck yeah, already in my man.

I was planning on something more in line with Starter Decks and letting people go about getting more on their own. Depends on how people feel about that I suppose.

Already in my man.

How powerful is the aura of a Lucario? Could you tank bullets with it?

Yeah but in tamers it was a big problem with guilmon because he had a hard time turning back into his rookie form. He got stuck in champion for a while there.

There are Items in the Perks section because it was my first Jump and Crypt of the Necrodancer has mostly items, so at the time I thought it worked. I decided not to fix it because it wouldn't really change anything. I would just leave the perk trees as having three perks each.

If you're asking about the Scythrophone specifically, I didn't include raising the dead or controlling them because it could become instantly more powerful than anything else on offer. I wanted to keep the overall power level pretty low for the Jump to maintain the feeling of the game.

C-Cats? If you're out there-

youtube.com/watch?v=sPhOCXzLBKA

-what's going on here?

Failing to teach your catgirls to fight will result in a rodent infestation and a hike in living costs from all the lasagne they eat.

Does anyone care? No. The answer is no.
Please don't waste your breath like this in future.

I'd have thought it looked obvious. It's more of a guy's self-insert going up vs Sauron.

Okay, I didn't think that was a thing but Tamers had a lot of weird stuff going on and wasn't sure. It probably won't be a thing, sorry.

No problem dude, thanks for the ideas.

I believe his character is basically from a Japan only game and they brought his design to Tamers to bank on that popularity. I think in Digimon Tamers he's actually a canon part of their universe though? I'm like 50/50 on this only because I remember it being outright stated he disappeared from the human world after beating Rika at a Digimon Cards Tournament. I've looked this up before but Ryo's backstory and what exactly does and doesn't happen is confusing and my memory is shit.

Nobody knows. Guns exist in pokemon but they're never fired at a pokemon.

No? I brought it up earlier this morning. Other than that, I haven't brought it up in IRC.

I see.

No, no. No lying about this shit, own up to it.

Just asking because I've always assumed that it does, and relied quite a bit on it in my first few jump. It would be pretty funny if it turned out that I simply died because I overestimated aura.

See And shut up.

user. Give it up.

There are times to give Manyfist shit after his dumb bullshit. This isn't one of them.

No, no. No shitposting, own up to it.

Hey, why is there no clone of a canon character companion option in Street Fighter Jump?
Feels like it should be a thing but it isn't.

I'm neither NuBee nor Valeria.

I know, just kinda sleepy and forgot to remove link to your post.

Fair enough.

I feel like a perk to cause genre shifts would be appropriate, given the rollercoaster rider that Tamers was. Something to make people feel really guilty for their actions, too.

Can you buy Templates in the Forgotten Realms jump? Can you be a Chosen?

Yes, they just add on to your CR/EL for determining point costs.

Possibly? I'm not familiar with that template.

Can we just ban Manyfist already? He's almost as bad as the bitch.

As someone who's read the series, that last bit is straight up something only the MC's can do because they mixed their magics. Example, Daja's(?) metal tree.

If you want crafting, just pick metal or something. Also learn blacksmithing.

don't you have school Timmy?

Huh. Actually missed that. I'm already figuring something else out, it's between Painting and Scribing at this point.

Don't quote me on this but I think one of the dudes who worked on Evangelion also worked on Tamers. so that may explain some things. (Not adding Genre Shift perk though). Some sort of specialty in guilt tripping people however is a lovely thought.

>Don't quote me on this but I think one of the dudes who worked on Evangelion also worked on Tamers. so that may explain some things.
I haven't heard that, but considering how the final arc of Tamers is just End of Evangelion with a more positive finale, I would not be surprised.

>The tone of this season has many elements from head writer Chiaki J. Konaka's other works, especially Serial Experiments Lain, including a few aspects from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Thus, the series had a very dark tone in nature, much more so than its predecessors.
(Wiki quote)

Oh? How are those related to crafting?

Drafting and Conceptualization. The first step of any creating.

More than that, they both give me an option to introduce specific designs on to the finished product. And they open up new avenues in crafting, the arts and calligraphy.

When I said crafting, I meant all crafting, even the Arts and Crafts.

Basically I was wrong due to confusing what I'd read.

He dropped out. They wanted him there as much as we want him here.

Being a retarded little fuck, probably didn't help.

Wait how did it end?

Hahaha, that would be hilarious if it was true. Someone, tell me is it true?

I'm real bad about summarizing this stuff, especially since I don't know Evangelion very well and will probably flounder with comparisons. Basically though, a secret government program made in the 1970s was corrupted over time, hibernating deep within the digital world, and at the end of the series it wakes up and starts raging across both Digital World and Real World trying to erase everything. It makes things resembling Eva Angels to some extent and kinda resembles tang. They beat it in the end, but at the cost of some shit I can't fully remember that involves all their Digimon friends being forced to go home.

What are some good perks and/or martial arts techniques for my ORAORAORA needs?

Well that's what happens when you make a program in the 70s and you forget about it. It was working on severely outdated guidelines and limitations, and the Digital World was way beyond the acceptable parameters. Without anyone bothering to keep an eye on it, it was like a bomb waiting to go off.

That one perk from 7 Deadly Sins that adds 200 tons to each consecutive hit in a combo.

Lilith broke free from Central Dogma and started Third Impact. Okay, not really, but something close. The D-Reaper, a digital lifeform that evolved from the Reaper program (the first anti-virus software, it's a real thing) emerged into the real world, covered everything in goo that dissolved people, spawned a bunch of giant monsters connected to it by umbilical cables that actually looked a fair bit like Evangelions, and tortured everyone psychologically.

I'm pretty sure it was made with the expressed purpose of activating if the Digital World became a threat to internet security or something and there were unintended consequences.

>unintended consequences
That's putting it lightly. Seriously, look at the wiki:

>It was designed so that whenever the number of digital lifeforms surpassed a set amount, it would delete them to return the Digital World back to a state of nothingness, in order to prevent the Digital World from being overloaded. However, when it was written, the Digital World had a very small RAM size, and while the network has grown exponentially, the D-Reaper's threshold is still based on that early, tiny figure. With nothing to do at the time, the D-Reaper program went dormant and remained deep within the recesses of the Net.

So when it wakes up later and sees this massive fuckhuge world, it did the only thing it could do: Completely lost its shit and went on a rampage.

Good morning /JC! How are you all doing today?

Devil May Cry has God Hand, which is neat, and I believe a good 'mundane' one is in Kung Fu Hustle. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Hi Garlock.