Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Veeky Forums finally acknowledges Smashfucker is shit edition

Previous donutsteel build >Dank Daily Duncan (do NOT fuck with this, you'll make Duncan cry)
youtube.com/watch?v=RYn5sCOJ3vQ

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 300% organized, apparently.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs. They're really fired up!
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book, please ask us about it anyway
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (No, they do know how magnets work)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Dark Kin!

I heard there was feedback around here.

FUCK MATT WARD AND ULTRAMARINES

FUCK AGE OF SIGMAR AND GW

Age of sigmar is fun
Fantasy was shit
Get over it buddy boyo

Did you really wait until a new thread just to post that?

I like buttsecksing Gey Knights in the butt

>houserules

automatically discarded

that being said your rubric and tzangor changes look pretty spot on

>Talking shit on WHFB

You should honestly kill yourself my man. Sincerely.

Ever since 4th edition Fantasy was some of the most imbalanced shit ever

*pulls out Elf cock from my mouth*
I agree with this fellow gentleman

I've known about this for a long, long time. Recently, I dug out the Collector's Guide I used to read in wonder when I was young and poor >tfw catalog and bit orders are dead and realized who he was.

Do we have an oldfag here who can explain what the fuck he was doing back then? I only started in 3rd, RT is before my time.

Yeah, the unit datasheet changes are pretty boring, common-sense stuff.

Reminder to not buy any more minis until the ones you have are built, painted and based.

That's never going to happen. I've even started buying ones that aren't for my army, just because they look nice.

A cool sculpt is only worth so much. If you love them, you will paint them.

GeeDubs will go bankrupt before I'm done with my minis

I do paint them. I enter into the painting competitions at the local store here. I do not win, though.

Your store must have really good painters then user xx

slannessh = squatted.

I want to use some warmachine models in my 40k army as alternates, will this bring buttpain?

>Celestine
>2 Inquisitors
>10 Sisters of Silence
>20 JD Daemonettes
>~50 metal guardsmen
>3 Mortar teams
>1 Baneblade
>1 Cerastus Knight
>1 Chimera

It doesn't seem that bad once I type it out.

do it. play them as aeldari

Thanks. They are much better than me. One of the guys had won the golden demon before.

squatted like your face?

>started the hobby as tau last year after a buying it for a friend and falling out
>go mad on buying models to make hundreds of different lists because fuck netlists
>no real motivation to paint them all because ill never use them again
>paint core tau army, just sold off the rest to pay for militarum tempsestus army
>pledge not to move to another army until everything i have for tempestus is painted, about 2000 points worth plus knight and inquisistors
>mfw im already really interested in other factions and im not even 500 points into painting this tempestus tourney list

warhammer is suffering, at least my knight is almost finished

Your knight looks awesome, man. Post more photos once you have finished it.

>because fuck netlists
This isn't an excuse. Buy what you like and build a list or two with it, that isn't netlisting, nor it is even monobuild, it's just called not being a fucking faggot and proxying everything. In fact, netlisters and those who design them are probably much more likely to proxy than that one guy who brings the same list to every other game because it's most of all he has. That's just Your Dudes in action. One TAC list is worth ten gimmicky unpainted shitlists that get played once before you put them back in the attic.

>paint core tau army, just sold off the rest to pay for militarum tempsestus army
Stop fucking selling your models. I don't know if you plan to keep doing it, but stop. Don't.

>pledge not to move to another army until everything i have for tempestus is painted, about 2000 points worth plus knight and inquisistors
Don't do this.
Don't swear not to do anything else until you've got through one army, because you will lose motivation to paint and either end up putting it off or losing quality in paintjobs while trying to get it over with as fast as possible.
Most importantly of all - and by this I mean that if you ignore the rest of my post then please, PLEASE at least listen to this - you DO NOT buy entire armies at a time. There are so many reasons I could throw out for this, but the most pressing one is exactly this. Having that much shit to paint all at once is boring, you will lose the will to do it, and you will start to cast your gaze elsewhere as you lose focus. Slow down on your fucking purchases my man.

The sad thing is that your painting skills are actually decent.

What's the best way to turn the DA side of Dark Vengeance into a proper fighting force?
They seem a pretty long way from any formation I can see, unless you add a ton.

>>>/1d4chan/

Just buy another tactical squad and run it as a CAD. That's all you need.

Buy the Armoured Assault box and bam, legal army. Add another Rhino for symmetry/playability if you like.

>This isn't an excuse

i know but i just have a hatred of doing something that other people have done in order to win, its exactly what i want to build

for my first tournament i just set my self some rules, no markerlights, no riptide wing, no stormsurge, no commander suit

>stop selling your models
i'm literally never going to use them again, they were all used for 1 or 2 matches for a list i thought of and that was it

what else do you want me to do?

>Don't swear not to do anything else until you've got through one army

my 1850 painted tau army is finished, does that count? pic related, and these were painted far quicker than what im doing on the tempestus

>because you will lose motivation to paint and either end up putting it off or losing quality in paintjobs while trying to get it over with as fast as possible.

motivation isnt an issue for me as i have time limits which stem from tournament dates

>DO NOT buy entire armies at a time

I agree, however tempestus are the perfect army to batch paint, 1 vehicle and only 1 infantry model with 5 different weapon types, plus the tempestor prime

ill post pics of my current batch painted scions and the breachers from the tau list, which were all painted on the sprue to save time

Does GW make a dedicated ravenwing attack bike? Or do I just buy attackbikes + a special sprue?

Thanks in advance!

fantasy was not shit.

kaldor --> steampunk admech
those faggy elves that hate wizards --> eldar
other than that, I 'unno

They do not. I was going to post a sarcastic comment about just checking the webstore (which you still should have done) but then I remembered GW are retarded and list faction-specific models or specific builds of a kit multiple times for the same kit on that site.

If you want to build that model you'll want a regular attack bike and the Ravenwing upgrade sprue.

Thank you!

And I already checked GW's store and eBay and not any luck other than a few really poorly painted models.

This is a 40K thread. Take your shit elsewhere.

haaa
well played

Any news on the Fallen Angel list yet?

hey guys im new to 40k
got a sydonian dragoon but i dont understand the rules

in the codex it says i can equip it with the taser lance or the jezzail. it also states it "may take a phosphor serpenta". so i can give it a lance AND a serpenta?

+1

what, exactly, is the point of this? They don't cost more, the bits aren't any different, and it's not like they come pre-painted.

yes, same shit as before, but each chosen is now 2 points more expensive.

for some reason most my pictures get rejected

heres the scion batch paint

and the breachers

same box actually. just shows how you could build them.

So is it just Fallen Marines & Cypher or anything else?

Where are the rules for ig quad mortars?

You have to choose between the lance or the jezzail, but you've read it correctly, you can have a serpenta in addition

If a model "takes" a weapon or piece of wargear, it just adds that wargear to its list of shit. It doesn't swap anything out, so yes, your Dragoon gets a gun and the lance or two guns.

It's an important distinction to make, most notably with Assault Marines. Loyalists exchange their CCW for the special, but traitor Raptors just TAKE the special weapon, meaning they keep their pistol and sword and thus get bonus attacks in combat.

See GW are stupid and nobody knows why. They do the same thing for the Skyray and Hammerhead, all the flavors of PAGK and GK termies, Black Guardians, the Talos and Cronos and most infamously Sisters.

I mean shit, the Rengade Knights faction only has one listed unit, and said unit is literally just a Warden plus the transfer sheet from IK:Renegade.

>tfw hundreds of unpainted models
>still buying more and more

help

Huh.
For some reason I thought it was much further than that.
Perhaps I was looking at the Lion's Blade and thinking that was my only option or something. Cheers.

>tfw 10 boxes of models that still haven't even been touched yet

I just don't want to put together the same kits I've already done. It's boring. I've had a raider and venom sitting around for years. I don't even fucking remember when I bought the raider, but I have one still unopened.

Or the Knights in general why the fuck do they have multiple boxes if all of them have the same parts

not to forget, they also the store thing with mek gunz

currently trying to finish the top carapace off, but because im doing baron darius he has 2 ivory stripes between the blues, which is annoying as fuck if you overlap at all

Because back in 6th when Knights came out, the Paladin/Errant was the only kit available. The Warden is actually a different box, albeit just the same thing with a bonus upgrade sprue.

GK's retarded webstore choices have lead to them having multiple different store entries for literally the exact same box of miniatures.

AI1:2nd ed page 198

Is there a way to play tau and not immediately be the local cheesemonger? I dig the whole mecha with big guns thing but it seems a bit of a dick move to play them

Just wait for the nerf codex

What about rapiers? I want some sunder.

>inb4 anti-taufags tell you to just not play the codex
Wait, shit, too late Don't use
>More than one Riptide, including variants
>A Riptide under 1500, you can bring one at 1250 but that's pushing it
>The Stormsurge, ever
>A million billion Broadsides with missiles (note: using the railgun Broadsides goes a long way towards making your army bro-tier, also they look sick)
>Optimized Stealth Cadre (note that its constituent units are actually fine)
>Too many Crisis suits if your meta is pretty casual
>Buffmander, for that matter
>The Ta'unar, obviously
And you'll be fine. I don't think I'm forgetting much but it's been a long time since I actually read the Tau codex so this is just e remembering what I hate to play against the most.

I don't think the IG version has sunder unless it's been faq'd or there's a later edition
R36 S9 AP2 Ordnance 1 twinlinked

nothing new, only name changes and minor shit (being able to be taken by loyalists)
also GW shows a fallen with a plascannon and they can't even take one, no transports, nothing

missiles are boring desu. If I wanted to have all the fun of warfare sucked away I'd just go to syria.

cont.
AI1:2nd ed page 206

I last played in 5th ed, but the railgun has been nerfed since then, yes? what do the tau do against av14?

So only las one? Didn't renegates got rapier quad mortars?

Oh snap, it's actually working!

How you do dis?

>20 points per model

So what do you think they will have ? They used to be Chaos Chosen but those are 18 points. They won't get access to the traitor legions special rules but the art shows them with plasma cannons.

It's just not as good. Single-shot weapons fall behind in today's meta unless they're S:D or a massive fucking blast weapon, or cheap.

Besides the fact that the railgun you know is now exclusive to the Hammerhead, which modern Tau players never use because it isn't a giant retard suit. Broadsides' guns are now S8, not that you ever see them because they take missiles for 4 S7 AP4 shots instead.

Tau's answers to AV14 generally come in the form of D missiles from the Stormsurge, the Riptide (in a pinch) and melta suits. At least, it did, before the Y'vahra came out. Now they get a Haywire gun, too.

>Chosen, except Stubborn and MAYBE BS2 Overwatch
>can take lascannon, plasma cannon but also autocannon
>no grav
Cap this

looks tasty

they're 18 a model

you forgot the sergeant

- Fallen Champion: can get Lightning claw, power fist or melee weapon, melta bombs, plasma pistol or combi-flame/melta/plasma
- Fallen with bolter: up to 4 Fallen can get plasma pistols, Lighting claws or power fists or power weapons, flamer, plasma gun, meltagun, combi-flamer/melta/plasma. Every 5 models or more: 1 model can swap bolter for flamer, heavy bolt, melta gun, plasma gun, lascannon, missile launcher or autocannon.

get infiltrate, hit & run wihen cypher join him to a unit

um dunno probably, you could have a look at the resources in the OP to see if there's a more up to date version. I guess Siege of Vracks and war machines of the lost and damned are where you'd want to start

no plasma cannon

Chaos Chosen are 90 points, 18 per model including the Champion. They're pretty much based on them.

I'd rather use BoP mk3's with DA bits for fallen

>get infiltrate, hit & run wihen cypher join him to a unit

and Stubborn and They Shall Know No Fear.

All this marine talk in the international women day.

This is a Sister thread now

>which modern Tau players never use because it isn't a giant retard suit
kek

yes soz

- Fallen Champion: can get Lightning claw, power fist or melee weapon, melta bombs, plasma pistol or combi-flame/melta/plasma
- Fallen with bolter: up to 4 Fallen can get plasma pistols, Lighting claws or power fists or power weapons, flamer, plasma gun, meltagun, combi-flamer/melta/plasma. Every 5 models or more: 1 model can swap bolter for flamer, heavy bolt, melta gun, plasma gun, lascannon, missile launcher or autocannon.

get infiltrate, hit & run wihen cypher join him to a unit and Stubborn and They Shall Know No Fear when cypher join him to a unit

Why are 40k players so booty blasted by AOS?

I recently played an Ork guy in a tournament and killed his Gorkanaut turn 1 containing his Warboss.

When I shot that unit and he did Look Out, Sir!s, he didn't know that Independent Characters make those saves on a 2+ rather than a 4+, which I reminded him of. His guys nearly tabled me because they now managed to get into melee with me and not lose their boss by turn 3.

Did I get some good karma points back?

>implying anyone gives a shit about a UN holiday

Thought for the day: All days belong to the Emperor, to claim them for anyone else is to turn from His light

hmm that actually doesn't sound so bad, it's just like the vanilla DA company vets squad with access to auto canon an a couple of special rules

Fantasy was great.

But it was selling less in LGS / GW stores than paint and hobby tools.

sorry :(

oops scratch that no it isn't I just cannot into reading

>being proud of beating up a low tier army

Well GW went out of their way to piss off 40k players by removing the marine statue and replacing it with the sigmarine

Why not ?

Unless they get special ammunition for bolters or gain those bonuses without Cypher needed to join the unit (say, they get the rules as long as he's alive) then they're overcosted as shit.

>the statue isn't trashed yet and the marine is stored behind a staircase

You mean he actually put Nobz in a Naut?
I hope you flipped the table and stomped over his stupid shit models. This kind of WAACfaggotry should be banned by law.

>stored behind a staircase

You mean it's in the entrance hall next to display cases to people can have their photo taken with it?

You stupid fucking retards there are two Marine statues and one of them sits right outside the investor relations building, not to mention the life-size Rhino that is literally right next to the customer entrance. Stop talking shit about a place you've only read about on 1d4chan.

t. angry Brit who goes there twice yearly

yes i saw the 1d4 picture, too lol