/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - The Season of the Elfbowl is over

Veeky Forums fumbbl league Season 7 signups have begun, Admission's end Saturday! PM MauledbytheTigers on fumbbl to participate.

Veeky Forums secret league season 3 playoffs are probably over, idunno I didn't make it.

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for next Australian summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
Fumbbl IRC servers may or may not be dying, but dammit, we migrated anyways.

Previous Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/3mpKZx2
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=947279
impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=elfballteams_profile&id=TC_AMZN
kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/32mm-scale-fantasy-football-amazons-elves-and-dark/description
fumbbl.com/n/1940
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=947659
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In a tabletop game recently I smacked over the opponent's ball carrier, followed up and then rolled scatter (it scattered onto my guy) and my opponent goes "no, I roll for scatter because it was my model holding the ball". Is that actually a thing or was he just being That Guy just to keep the ball out of my hands? I've only recently gotten into playing it on tabletop so a lot of the nitty gritty dice stuff that the videogames did for me are hard to adapt to (that and losing rerolls due to illegal proceedings when I forget to move my turn counter).

Hat/10

>cently gotten into playing it on tabletop so a lot of the nitty gritty dice stuff that the videogames did for me are hard to adapt to (that and losing rerolls due to illegal proceedings when I forget to move my turn counter).

He was completely being ThatGuy, whether he was correct or not, I'll check the roll book.

I don't see anything about which player rolls the dice. I'm no TT expert, but i skimmed though all the relevant sections, I think.

So, are people using the fucking Discord, finally?

Since apparently IRC is ded.

discords a hopping. Christer said he was killing IRC, so we all jumped ship/

Who the fuck is Christer?

You heathen. He is gods gift to man. The purest. The Martyr reborn. For practical purposes he owns/runs fumbbl and is the reason your big boobied player portrait got rejects. Blessed be unto him.

He said when he got his shit togeather he was pulling the plug on fumbbl IRC server.

"And thus our Lord spoke to Christer and said: I shall gift thee the wisdom of java and thou shall guide autists to a new era of unfun. However, thou shall disdain and ban all lewd, lest thou invokes my wrath and suffer server crashes."

Improbible 36:19

reminder since nobody reads the op iuntil the end and the likeable user doesn't put a reminder at the beginning

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
Fumbbl IRC servers may or may not be dying, but dammit, we migrated anyways.

>improbible

Hi! You must be new. Welcome. Make sure you sign up for the Veeky Forums league starting soon on fumbbl. You'll have so much fun seeing the same memes season after season.

That reminds me, does anyone have the pic of Carb and SLR putting down the Irish rebellion. I need it for.... research purposes.

Reposting for our tryhard friends who want to know who to dodge this season :)

Does Hebe even have a team with the TV for vets?

Holy shit, Vets is a massive bashfest, I miss last season's elfbowl already.

TFW this happens

Is it possible to edit player names after creation in BB2? I can't see the option anywhere and I generally don't bother naming my guys in tabletop until they've got a few skills or injuries under their belt to give them character.

No.

Yeah wow imagine if your parent held off with giving you a name until your personality formed and you were of age.

New list when Mäüled?

I'll post when I get home from work. I haven't opened the PM but I think CMonkey has flipped teams for about the eighth time in a fortnight.

Everything's fine! Don't worry!

Gotta change teams to get the best one. Why play a bad team when I can see what everyone else is playing?

But there aren't any bad teams in Blood Bowl.

dead

Mauled confirmed for bringing Ogres to rookies s7.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BB2 LEGENDARY EDITION?

I NEED GOBBOS IN BB2, THIS IS BULLSHIT.

bb2 is dogshit I feel bad for people who preordered or purchased it

have to wait a millenium until they give you a discount on the version actually worth a damn

I'm playing for the first time in years with a completely new player. Any resources (besides the rulebook and the quicksheet they provide you) that can give clear, concise step-by-steps for playing that I can give to my friend?

1. roll 6s
2. don't roll 1s

Learning how to structure your turn around taking low risk actions before higher risk ones is probably the most useful thing for a new player to grasp. So you could probably do a general step by step along the lines of:

1. Stand up players (and move them if they're unmarked)
2. Move unmarked players and prepare your block assists
3. Make blocks, starting with the advantaged ones with skills (eg 2 die with a Block player before 2 die without Block).
4. Make dodges in order of difficulty (2+ before 3+, etc.)
5. Make any attempts to handle the ball, like pickups, handoffs, pass attempts

This is super generalized but overall a decent structure to follow. Knowing when to break it is someone that simply comes with the experience of playing games and weighing the situations you find from turn to turn. And overall, that order is superseded by one golden rule: Secure the Ball. If you are carrying it, then you do what you need to do to first make sure that if your very first die roll fails, that the ball is safe. If you are defending, then you do what you need to do to make sure that if your very first die roll fails, that the ball can't completely escape you.

Blood Bowl is dog shit. British faggots have been inbreeding on the same little island for like 2000 years, and this is the kind of game they tend to come up with. The rules are imbalanced and broken, and the only reason Games Workshop exists is to sell overpriced miniatures to old fat ugly nerds who gave up going outside and shut themselves in Mom's basement. Fuck off home.

>be American
>get shot

Hebefeelya is at the bottom because he applied with a 1320TW team to the Rookies and hasn't got back to me yet.

Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

Here's the armor roll after that Troll failed the pickup on a spiked ball.

>he doesnt own a gun

And your odds of getting shot if you arent black are so small

Rolled 1 (1d6)

gfi into the endzone!

Do you guys hear something? It sounds like something old. Something forgotten.

Something Ancient.

It's coming.

Why is it dogshit, user?

If you have played it you would know

Thanks for the informative input, I've learned a lot through this discussion

Its got one advantage, graphic. It falls behind in literally every other category

Asinine rule change
Slow walk cycles
Terrible tournament management

They are fixing some stuff.but its a year too late for most of us.

That was just 3 off the top of my head, there is so much more. The shit they did with spectator options. Ugh.

I just want to restate the slow walk cycles. It didn't seem that terrible at first, still meh. But after playing fumbbl it drives me crazy having to watch a slow player stumble across the pitch for like 10 seconds.

No problem if you need any more on that subject try playing any other version of blood bowl sans memerules and you might see how graphics are the only thing worth noting in bb2.

Ded

Puppet's War made this. Unfortunately you don't get components for all 4 at once and they're €14+ each.

That -really- does not look that good imho

Why don't you play Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition?

Just paint it normally, fuck's sake.

Naked Mole Rat Ogre, is that you?

What're some good skills for slann catchers and linemen? I understand the end goal is to have wrestle and fend on most linemen, and I have one with wrestle and strip ball to get the ball loose for the catchers, as well as one with just kick.

But which is more important as the starting skill? Wrestle or fend?

Additionally, is pass block good on a catcher? I have 4: 1 rookie, 1 with guard, 1 with sure hands, and 1 that needs a general or agility skill to upgrade.

Also, this is a constructed game so i could put 2 skills on a catcher if I wanted to, or 2 skills on 2 players. I chose 2 players and put kick on a lineman, but I could totally load up a catcher with pass block and catch and just ruin the enemy's backfield.

Pass block on a Slann catcher is probably one of the only combos I would go after if it wasn't the end of the player's development because intercepting on a 4+ RR is really, really gross. Even then, probably better to get a couple other skills on them first or else your opponent will just make sure they knock your pass block catcher down before attempting a pass.

Also do you even know if you expect to see any pass heavy teams like High Elves or Elf Union? If not, no need to plan so specifically against passes.

just having one piece with pass block can massively mess up or prevent a play from an opponent. it's like having a frenzy piece, to your opponent the two edge squares basically don't exist anymore, they can't go there.if you have pass block on a very long leg piece they just can't pass anymore

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=947279
Howlers versus minimum mundane man

I expect to see some high elves at the very least. And there is a modified kickoff table that includes a +1 to pass option. With pass block and catch I can force my opponent to either spend resources pinning him down, or not pass at all. Either option is good for me and my frogs. And even if they don't pass, having a catcher with diving catch and catch is still a key player.

Its not like pass block will be entirely useless if I bring it. Its an effective ability (scary with slann catchers), an amazing passing deterrent, and still on a capable platform so I don't feel like its being wasted.

The only problem I'm having is deciding between the pass block catch catcher, or a kick lineman and a single skill on the catcher.

>which is the better option for those upgrades?
>is fend or wrestle more important for starting Linefrog skills? (3 will be upgraded to be on the LoS)
>What skills are good for a rookie catcher that can't upgrade further?

Heres what I have to work with:
4RR
1FF
2x Catcher rookie
Catcher guard
Catcher sure hands
Linefrog wrestle strip ball
3x Linefrog fend/wrestle
3x Linefrog rookie
2x non-double skills to stack on either 1 player, or split between 2 players

No blitzers? I'd say they need skills more than all the catchers do.

I'm not a fan of blitzers. Their price tag just doesn't justify their mediocre skills and access to strength. I have a guard catcher who can leap into cages on a 2+ with a wrestle strip ball linefrog to do real blitzing. I don't really need the overpriced linefrog bloating my TV.

Maybe kickoff return? Having a 4 square catching radius with diving catch is great, and getting a free catch roll before you would get a turnover is nice too.

Anyone know where to get good female player models? My girlfriend's extremely interested in Blood Bowl, her eyes lit up when I showed her how to play, and I thought it'd be cool to give her at least a few female players on the human team.

The best I can find are either overly-sexualized or look retarded. I might just greenstuff tits and a ponytail on some of the base players, to be honest.

My g/f had the same reservation. She was very happy when I found Black Scorpion's Amazon/Norse team, though I think they'd work fine as H.Elves as well.

How can I use older teams not supported by Season One or 5th edition? My friend says they'd be unbalanced and thus won't let me.

What team?

And let's not get confused about editions. The new set released by GW is fifth edition, fourth edition is everything from the blue box set to LRB6/CRP, third had a similar box set, second and first are completely alien.

GET BETTER FRIENDS

Can someone direct me to the best miniatures for Amazon team? I saw this but I'm not feeling em.

Here ya go
impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=elfballteams_profile&id=TC_AMZN

>giving him the old link

Here you go new fag

kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/32mm-scale-fantasy-football-amazons-elves-and-dark/description

Im gay

T. Wood Elf player.

Teams of legend pdf from www.bloodbowl.com
Also, your friend is an idiot.

>kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/32mm-scale-fantasy-football-amazons-elves-and-dark/description

Old link? fuck off this is.....
Mother of God, it's a kickstarter

good variety in rookies, only double is chaos

And lizards.

Oops, did I let that slip . ?

Nice reading comprehension, retard.

Best way for newbie to learn basics and how to play? I don't want to start with spending cash on miniatures but this is how I want to end up. What is the best digital version of the game to learn?

Fumbbl, its free and good.

Join us in the discord, there may be people willing to play introductory games on fumbbl to help you out.

Bears mentioning there seem to be some server issues on the site right now, so it might have to wait for a bit.

fumbbl.com/n/1940
IRC is officially dead.

F

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

>pretending

>good variety in rookies, only double is chaos
>good variety in rookies
>rookies

Sekrit Finals: fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=947659

It's official, a bunch of av7 frenzy players are OP, ban them now.

King_Mad wins. I don't have anything fancy to say for such a likable guy.

Any one looking for a quick pickup game on Fumbbl? I'm very new to the game (just picked up the ttg last week), but I'm looking to learn fast.

Don't really know how to setup a game proper, but my coach name is bigguyforyou.

Join the discord link in the OP and you can probably find someone.

>sign ups close 11/3

Fucker is having signups go to fucking november?

It's 11th of March, you dirty americunt

No that would be 3/11

>not knowing how other counties do dates
Get out retard

That's what stupid americunts think.

For the rest of civilized world it's 11th of March.

Do we need to colonize you niggers again?

Let me explain the joke for you. Sit down kids.

user says only double chaos only. This is factual.

I say and Lizards. Oops, did I let that slip.

Letting something slip means accidentally telling a secret. Now what could be secret about a post about what teams are in the league?Maybe a team that hasn't signed up yet. Perhaps that team is a lizard team. Perhaps the picture was even a reference to what that team is. There, I spoon fed you the entire post, enjoy!

Perhaps you suck and perhaps nobody gives a shit about your shit team

Does make me wrong or you less retarded.
=^)

dead

Just like your players after your first game this season