Savage Rifts - Regular Rifts - And other Palladium Shit

There are too many worlds to name them all, but somehow every one of them had an apocalypse.

>Rifts

>Dead Reign

>Nightbane

>Systems Failure

>Splicers

>After the Bomb

>Wormwood

What way do you like YOUR mega-damage?

My theory is that living in Michigan makes you want to see the end of the world.

Speeding of Palladium, does anyone play Robotech RPG Tactics?

I've go tthe box from the kickstarter. It's a cool game but I shoulda known that Palladium would drop the ball on it, delays and their rules delays are all gonna mean it's stillborn twice.

I am just getting into Rifts and Kevin's random rants just crack me up. It makes me glad he doesn't have an editor to stop silly shit like this rant on the movie The Program.

SPLICERS PDF WHERE?

Please I need this....

Yeah man it's pretty awesome. Have had a lot of fun with it but then I'm a big Robotech fan. The Palladium Robotech RPG was the first RPG I played that made me fall in love with vehicle combat in RPGs.

Too bad nobody has really done it right since then besides Palladium.

And now that The Fresh Prince of Belaire has tried to an hero, our only hope for getting things done has been extinguished.

>maybe if I reply to myself people will think that more than one person shares my opinion

so if we were to get another Palladium setting with a Savage Worlds version, which one would you want to see?

personally I think Splicers would be the best choice

>replying to his own post in his own thread to support his own opinion
Wow, that's pretty cool man.

Splicers or After the Bomb. The latter is one of my favorite games ever.

>he just keeps replying to his own posts

you do realize there's 9 different people who have posted in this thread so far, it's not just one guy

>stop samefagging bro
>I'm NOT look at the post counter! see?!

every fucking thread with this guy in it

Ignore the idiot troll. He's shitting up several threads by constantly pretending that there's only one person in a thread. It's either Virt or Jeff playing stupid.

>samefag starts projecting

Splicer Dicers.

Try the Archive thread here:

I've wanted to get into Rifts but something about the world sets me off of it. Things like OP's art is incredibly evocative, but much of the lore about the cataclysm and such just seems like the worst kind of kitchen sink setting.

Is this a common feeling or am I alone in this?

Oh no you're totally right, RIFTS is terrible we should all switch to Savage Rifts because it's way better. I've just been waiting for an intelligent and cool guy to come along and say what we're all thinking to be honest with you. I'm glad you're here.

Well no, I mean what's the difference between Rifts and Savage Rifts? Isn't it just one of mechanics? The fluff is the same, and that's what I largely have a problem with.

Savage rifts only ports the mechanics to savage worlds. Rifts is designed that way. Basically rifts arenconnecting earth to otber realoties.

It *is* a kitchen sink setting written by someone who loved all those Saturday morning cartoons back in the 80s. Yes, it's a clumsy mish-mash but it works for some people. If you don't like the setting premise, it's really not for you 'cause it only gets weirder and the rules are no panacea.

Someone explain to me how Savage Rift differs from standard Savage Worlds.

That's the thing. I am that guy. I love 80's Saturday Morning cartoon and I love weird shit. By all accounts I should love this, but I don't. It doesn't grab me. It's just a mess of concepts.

>REMEMBER KIDS: RIFTS(tm) IS JUST A GAME!
>DO NOT TRY TO SUMMON A ROBO-DINOSAUR USING TECHNO-WIZARDRY IN YOUR OWN HOME!
>At least not without an Atlantean supervising parent.
>PS: (c) on all of the above.

*shrugs*

Then move on to another game.

I know next to nothing of the original Rifts system/setting, or other Palladium products. How well does Savage Rifts introduce completely green players/GMs to the setting?

Just crested 60 XP this week in the Savage Rifts game I've been running since the pdfs dropped. It's been a hell of a lot of fun. The PCs are currently in the Yucatan, heading toward Chichen Itza to try and stop the apocalypse. Mostly out of spite more than heroism, but the world will take what it can get.

Nightbane. My favorite game setting after Rifts.

kek you fuckin' retard, give it a rest

What heresy is this??? You dare to imply that I have only ONE hater in the massive interwebs? My haters are LEGION.

Fortunately my faithful fan friends number in the half dozen or so. Even now they flock to the store to support us in this latest Crisis of Douchery!

The power level is significantly higher than default Savage Worlds. A starting character in Savage Rifts is about the equivalent of a Seasoned character with a bunch of extra gear. There's also a new tier of powers that the top-ranked magic-users and psychics can access, called Mega Powers. They basically build on the existing powers and tend to be more expensive but more powerful. If you have access to Mega Powers, then you automatically know the mega version of any normal power you know. So if you're a ley line walker who knows bolt, you also know mega bolt. And so on.

Armor values tend to be a bit higher, and lots of armor has built-in Toughness bonuses, representing hypertech materials that can't get penetrated by AP weapons.

Characters come as somewhat pre-built packages called Iconic Frameworks, which represent the classic archetypes of Rifts, like ley line walkers, juicers, crazies, and so on. You can build your own with GM approval, and there's a specific framework set called MARS (Mercenaries, Adventurers, Rogues, and Scholars) that represents highly-skilled people rather than super-powered weirdos.

I can answer any more specific questions you have.

Did they ever release the unification wars rules? They did released repackaged miniatures from GHQ as con exclusives.

Once again this thread dies a slow and painful death. Just like Palladium....

>Longest running RPG company in human history
>Still going strong no matter how mad you get about it
>No matter how much you shitpost about it
>There's literally nothing you can do about it
It's a hilarious kinda feel

Chaosium and Steve Jackson are both older. Know your facts minion.

>chaosium has changed hands twice in the last few years
>SJG hasn't made anything but munchkin in more than a decade
Wowwwwwwwww, must be rough to have gotten UTTERLY DESTROYED by Kevin Siembieda!

Who never made much of his shitty company until he ripped off 5000 people for 1.4 mil. Still, Uncle Kev's trip to Thailand is legendary on the trap boards. Then again, they don't know he's a Veeky Forumser. They may be perverted degenerates but they gotta have some standards...

Didn't SJG do a kickstarter for one of there older games as a new addition. Ogre?

Plus Car Wars, Gurps Disc world, Gurps Mars Attacks, Gurps Dungeon Fantasy....

Ogre and Car Wars both have had Kickscammers.

That, unlike Robotech, were actually fulfilled.

>he's still shit-down-both-legs furious that nothing he can do will ever even remotely come close to getting Palladium to acknowledge his retarded rage crusade, let alone have any effect on their thriving business

Ahhhh. That nice and cuddly feeling when NMI gets BTFO.

Just curious, did Uncle Kev give you a "defender of the megaverse" pin to put on your Aquaman Underoos?

Be careful, the Robotech backers already have one attempted suicide on them. You piss them off they might use their may-may magic to make you neck yourself.

>mfw I will never know what it's like to be the angriest and yet least effective person on the internet for ten years running
>but I did meet him online and it was hilarious

No but really, I'd try to off myself too if I realized I sunk my life savings into a shit IP that fewer than ten people care about....

>he's so fucking mad that he's got his phone out and he's desperately replying to himself as fast as he can, weak heart aflutter, face all red

Stop, stop, you might croak and save your parents some basement money!

Soooo.... Yes? Do you pin it to the top or bottom? My guess is you're a bottom, but I don't like to speculate.

Dude.... You gotta come up with new arguments or this just won't be fun for anybody!

TFW the only people keeping this thread alive are the people who hate this company.

>people

That is pretty much all it does is introduce people to the setting. It gives a very basic layout of the land and whats happened and what is going on but its essentially 3 small books compared to a massive library of Rifts setting books, its only the tip of the iceberg.

Dont think of rifts as one unified setting. There are at least a half dozen very different styled settings in North America alone.

In coalition cities you can run games fighting totalitarian oppression. There are war settings along the Tolkeen front. There's a wild West theme area. Vampire horror in Mexico.

That's not even touching things like phase world or wormwood. Just pick a theme and build a game around it, and be judicious about allowing or denying overpowered shot.

Yeah, you'd really be best off picking up the three Savage Rifts books for the mechanics and a setting primer, and a couple of Classic Rifts books for the fluff. Personally, I think the Classic Rifts corebook, Sourcebook 1, Vampire Kingdoms, and Atlantis are the must-haves.