Anyone set a campaign in the modern day, making it as real as possible...

Anyone set a campaign in the modern day, making it as real as possible? Just to see how things would turn out if they tried something that they'd never be able to try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw
youtube.com/watch?v=vko6UMajjyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. That's dumb. Why would you do that?

Sounds like a game of Everyone Is John

>dat 1996 lens flare is awesome

You could make it like real life, but everything is true. Aliens, bloody Mary, Government conspiracies, myths, superstitions are all real.

>Roll intelligence to see whether your keywords turned up that half-remembered, buttsex video you are hoping to find.
>Roll constitution to see whether you managed to stay awake long enough to finish the bottle.
>You have a 5% chance she will message you back. Roll save versus ego. Oh, you failed--that's four points of damage.
>Roll 3d4 to see how many hours you remain unconscious before waking up and needing to pee.
>You answer your phone and *1d20* oh too bad: looks like the random encounter is a bill collector. At least it wasn't your mother calling.

> You suddenly remember that the last woman you talked to was your mother.
> And it was two weeks ago.
> Roll will save to resist crippling depression.

Nah

Unless you count those Vampire games, I don't

There's a game called Hikkikomori which is exactly this.

You play it alone.

My will score must be through the roof, I never failed this roll.

It sounds like you have depression user

>Not being a dutiful son who calls his mother every day

Does your mom has big boobs?

What the fuck does that even have to do with whether a son calls his fucking mother?

>the employer reviews your resume. Roll perception.
>k.
>Hmm. Your very soul is telling you to get out now.
>I... I stay
>Employer looks up and says, "These references you put down, what's the number for the first one?" He picks up the phone reciever to his ear, hand hovering over the buttons.
>I... ugh... You see. They're out of business.
>Roll for deception.
>k.
>He doesn't even hear you. He knew from the beginning they were fake. He puts down the receiver. "You're middle aged, according to this never had a job, and are a liar. What made you think I, or anyone, would hire you?" Now begins combat. Roll initiative.
>I think we should just call it a night.

Did this actually happen m8?

>Entry level positions in my field require 2-5 years of work experience
>Even internships won't take me
>I'm even rejected for jobs I'm overqualified for like kitchen aid or hotel staff
>Spent two months stocking shelves in a supermarket, a fucking job highschool kids usually do to earn some extra dosh on the side
>Was sent away because I'm slow and weak
>Two masters degrees, wasted

At least I don't have to feel guilty about being a fucking leech. I didn't choose the NEET lyfe, the NEET lyfe chose me.

>tfw working part-time internship for minimum wage

I consider myself lucky.

It was a woman my age. She didn't call me out on it. She went through each reference, each sentence, asking for an explanation. I was a deer in the headlights, too dazed to just get up and leave.

youtube.com/watch?v=GtkST5-ZFHw

Did something like this involve oWoD rules, sans the supernatural world.

Starting plot entailed drawing up various tragic backgrounds that all wound up with "average joes/janes" getting sucked into a cult. (One without any actual supernatural powers or connections.)

First few sessions were just interesting teary drama, coupled with some drug and crime drama - but it eventually devolved into Waco after the PCs toppled the cult leadership and turned out to be even more batshit insane than they were.

It all ended in fire.

It kind of is his fault though. You don't lie on your resumé.
youtube.com/watch?v=vko6UMajjyE

>middle aged
>"overqualified" with degrees unrelated to the job position
>passive and slow learner
Relax user, even people like you get their chance. Company just recently hired someone that's fitting the description, he's in my department now.
I will have him fired on first opportunity. The place only got budget for limited amount of people, can't afford to be pulling dead weight.

You do if you want a job.

>She didn't call me out on it.
Interviewer will never outright say that you're liar or obviously not qualified, no matter how blatant these things might seem. And should not cut the interview short either even when they're already decided. There's procedures for this. Mostly related to the fact that some people might flip when confronted with uncomfortable facts and react unpredictably or even violently. You don't want that to happen on the company grounds.

I remember this doujin, this picture and the thread you posted this in before so I'm going to reply with the same picture as last time that's vaguely on topic to the thread!

Sauce is Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai before someone asks.

Who the fuck calls their mother every day? I never talk to mine unless I plan on visiting or one of us needs a favor.

Dammit, I've been had. But not all reposts of my tasteful crops are just me repeating myself.

As for the employment struggle - when everything else fails there's always nepotism.

Oh, I dont know, a decent person who appreciates the effort the woman put into giving birth to and raising him?

But every single day? It's time you were weaned.

>Be me
>Basic High school education
>Join army
>Am now Sergeant
>81K/yr
>Full medical/dental coverage for me and my family
>Ridiculous amount of paid time off. 7 wks/yr

Say want you want about fighting for oil or killing babies or whatever. It's better than being poor, and I never had to take on student loan debt.

So a five minute, "How're you doing mom? How's the family?" "That's good to hear, I love you, goodbye." to let her know you care is excessive? user, I see where you're coming from, but you should really talk to your parents more, they won't always be there.

>a decent person who appreciates the effort the woman put into giving birth to and raising him?
Appreciate it? I still haven't forgiven her for it.

>I put the gun in my mouth and try to pull the trigger.
>roll willpower
>hm... nope, better luck tomorrow night
>o-ok

>Entry level positions in my field require 2-5 years of work experience
Then they're not entry level. I mean, seriously there's one label that ought to do what it says on the fucking tin. It's the Texas Chainsaw Massacre of job labels. But then, these fucking cocksuckers slap a goddamn experience requirement. It's intentional misrepresentation, borderline lying.
And I won't accuse the employers of anymore lying than the employees, I wasn't able to land a job UNTIL I just started omitting unpleasant facts about my first job.

It feels like all of society, all of humanity is merely held together by our ability to spew and accept overt bullshit.

>It feels like all of society, all of humanity is merely held together by our ability to spew and accept overt bullshit.
You are catching on.

Honestly lying make it even worse. It's even better to say "this internship/job there wasn't a success, because reasons" so he isn't disappointed when the interviewer calls them and you've had the time to defend yourself.

Why would a community of escapists want to play such a thing?