How do we turn Touhou a Bullet Hell Series into a Tabletop Series? Would it be Feasible?

How do we turn Touhou a Bullet Hell Series into a Tabletop Series? Would it be Feasible?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?z4ygpyb9ankb4bx
youtube.com/watch?v=u9GJ70fyaW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First by removing the girls. People who play touhou play it for the story not the girls.
Second is to get a more in-depth of look in gensokyo.
Third talk about the politics of the human village.

This would be its own thing mechanics-wise. That is, no time-based spell limits should extend beyond the length of time between battles. Dexterity (or Agility, if we're going to specify) would have to be handicapped for the relatively rapid pace of battle.

Would it sell

It would be something similar to bloodborne

kys anime fag

Touhou characters are constructed in a way that makes them very non-intuitive to use in a conventional tabletop game. You have characters like Reimu who canonically have less experience (and by extension, level) than some random outside world lieutenant but is capable of fighting off gods and world-ending threats fighting alongside fairies that have commoner-level HP by resurrective immortality fighting alongside reality warpers whose upper limit of strength might include rewriting the laws of the universe and high-school girls with psychic abilities.

Sure, this all works when they're limited to spellcard duels, but once you need to move onto a plot where following spellcard rules ISN'T feasible (like Forbidden Scrollery) the whole campaign falls apart because either you steamroll the encounter because they're hopelessly outmatched against you or the encounter goes "heh, nothin' personal kid" and turns you into paste.

Maybe, a sub mechanic would be whether or not spellcard rules are in effect as something that is reflected by your actions: yes, you /could/ just murder the three fairies of light in cold blood in order to retrieve the yin-yang orb because you can't seem to beat them in a spellcard duel, but that might come back to haunt you later when the oni you're dueling decides that since you don't follow the rules he doesn't need to either and he'll try to clobber you, or you might cause an incident later down the line forcing the big Rei to intervene. One of the major mechanics would not only be having special abilities, but finding opportunities where you can use said special abilities without upsetting the balance of the setting, or without anyone being able to point it back at you.

Either way, it wouldn't be friendly to martials.

Terrible picture.

You'd pretty much have to focus on spellcard duels in order to balance things. It wouldn't work without it and would let you have things with varying power levels work in the same party.

Wht do people potray Kaguya as some serious threat

Will their abilities come into play?

No. Too O.P

Fairies are immortal user.

And they are bakas

Are they the final boss?

That would actually be a nice risk management mechanic.
Breaking the rules of a spell card duel ruins your reputation, and increases the chance that others are willing to break it against you.

It also gives a good reason to incorporate the "goofy friendships and tea parties" side of Touhou, as you want to make sure that you're always on the best possible relations with everyone else.
You want everyone to be your friend, respect you, or at the very least value you as a rival, just to make sure the situation doesn't get out of hand.

Dumping social stats or being a murderhobo is going to make the universe fight back, so to speak.

Unless you're using a Diceless system, where levels don't matter, it won't work

Explain

Amber RPG and Lords of Gossamer and Shadow use a diceless system. It isn't free-form entirely, because the stats are absolute; you have Strength (which includes martial arts, boxing, physical toughness and durability, and sheer might), Psyche (everything about the mind and psychic abilities to boot, though only minor ones), Endurance (not just the batter for all the other powers but also physical resilience, healing speed, and sheer stubborn willpower), and Warfare (any conflict, be it business meetings, lockpicking, still at weapons, and anything else that isn't covered by bare handed fighting).

The stats are absolute, and once you get a number in a stat no one else can have it. they can get close, or go over, but if you rank top #1, that's it, you are the ultimate expression of that stat. Someone could reach 1.5 and give you a run for your money, but you will win....until they add a stat they may be better in to the mix.

Luck is taken care of by good and bad Stuff. You have bad stuff, the world is a dark, dismal place, and if anything bad happens, it happens to YOU. That's your bad luck. Good stuff is a happy, kind, generous universe, with little or no conflict. Which also means it's fucking boring as all hell.

So....you have powers that run off your stats. The more power you have, the better your stats are, the greater the threat you are....but just because you have a lot of power and a high stat doesn't mean you're going to win. Somewhere along the way, you will deal with someone who has some better stats than you. And if you don't play your cards right, even with two or even three top notch scores....that fourth score can be your downfall. Especially if you have bad stuff. So Reimu who might have a 6 in strength, 5 endurance, 3 psyche, and 5 warfare can still have a chance against Yuugi's 1 in strength, 2 endurance, 6 psyche, and 3 warfare. She just has to be smart about how she deals with Yuugi.

Autists hate this system.

Nice trips. So intellegence factors in this so-called system?

>>People who play touhou play it for the story not the girls.
what? literally WHAT? I played a lot of touhou game and I don't even know their stories to teh detail just maybe the premise like stealing spring. All I remember is just about smug animu girls in funny hats and toothpaste legs taunting each other before they shoot each other with glowy shit. I mean I know there are stories behind that but I never bothered to actually look them up.

He's memeing user. Everyone knows touhou is about the girls and their smug Banter

Define intelligence. Psyche is a measure of intellectual power, but not necessarily actual intellect. Cleverly using your abilities gets you much further than just powerlevels themselves can.

Cleverly using your powers.

There actually is a touhou tabletop game running around (multiple, including a moon language one, Danmaku Yuugi Flowers, but this is the one I have), lemme upload since it's >8mb.

Presenting Touhou: Magnificent Yokai Of Necrofantasia.

mediafire.com/?z4ygpyb9ankb4bx

Its shit.

Wouldn't work. Besides Touhou is reclining

It's just losing the casuals.

Isbit? Damn

Why. I thought it was a niche series

So good pr then

This really triggers my autism. Holy shit. What about other variables

>casuals

Is that what we're calling boatfags and Granblue fags nowadays?

GrandBlue and Kantai Collection are better than Touhou. At least their creators make an anime when the fans ask him to.

Thr animed wete god awful. Hope zun doesn't make the same mistake

You shake up and throw down a load of plastic bits down on the floor each round - this is your enemy's bullet pattern. You then have to roll a marble through the obstacle course you've created. How many rolls it takes is compared against the enemy's strength on a table and results in either damage dealt to him or yourself. Spellcards are declared at the start of the round before you start rolling your marble. Each one is discarded after one use and has rules like 'double damage if you get to the other side of the pattern in four or less rolls', etc.

Disgusting. Making an anime adaptation for no reason other than "demand" is confessing to your work being profit driven in today's industry. They're both treadmills with no gameplay or ost to speak off, and they don't have the banter.

Its called capitalism. Its one of thw reason Touhou is on the decline

>it's capitalistic so it's better

You cannot deny that is the reasonbest touhou is falling behind

That's not the point. The point is that being capitalistic and making an anime because the "fans" ask does not make them better than touhou.

The gameplay is better and so is the ost

Sure. Tell me again about that gameplay. And post a single track you like.

Not him but the Sink ost is decent.
youtube.com/watch?v=u9GJ70fyaW4

>Grinding gacha shit
>Good gameplay

Jeez, constanze hit the gym.

Zun your series is dying a Slow death. Its time you think of releasing a anime about it. Or Start releasing on console and handhelds. Don't let your pride be your downdall

>Yuugi
>1 in strength
>ONI

Now I truly am triggered.

Sounds like a fun system though.

I think he means she is the top rank in strenght

Not going to lie this actually triggers me more than it should

What's she eating

Human oysters.

But humans don't have any oysters

>I'm communist: The post

It's spacejin, so, human testicles.

Ah that's understandable. Human testicles are very nutritious

Is it intentional that she has a bottle of a non-alcoholic beverage which just look like a beer one?

Well she is ten years old in appearance

Probably. One of her charms is that despite her personality she also has childish things associated with her, such as sitting in a high chair in Silent Sinner in Blue.

That does not stop actual ten year old slavs.

Sad but true

That's only because they have a racial resistance to alcohol, it's not really a fair comparison.

That's a accurate stereotypes

Whats with him and ballbusting

A man and his fetish, nothing more.

But ball crushing got to be the most weirdest fetish out there

sweet, summer child

I mean she did turn to a vampire at age ten. So She would act childish.

If touhou needs to be on tabletop. Then its got to be worked from the aground up. Any suggestion on how

You're sure? I think scat/fart is worse as a fetish because it goes against one of your five senses.

Ball-busting is merely a variation of snuff/guro, but since he doesn't expand on the guy it's merely a fixation.

But the weirdest has to be slow torture/cannibalism, because instead of hiding the victim, they're kidnapped, fed, tied up, and taken apart piece by piece while watching their reaction. That seems weirder to me. Makes for great anatomy shots, though.

Why is she a slav? She's british

How about alchemy induced accelerated pregnancy followed magical abortion during sex, multiple times over the span of several weeks?

Stage 6 bosses

I tried to make a card game based on Touhou once...

Each player would control one of the three main heroines from the game (Reimu, Marisa, or Sakuya) with the possibility to add new characters in the future. The game was heavily inspired by MtG but it tried to add some differences. Instead of having a rarity, each card had a "swarm" value that forced the player to add fairy cards to the deck as a handicap to compensate for its power. Players would use cards from their hand to pay costs instead of depending on resources such as lands. Finally, almost every card had the chance to work as a counter in a rock-paper-scissors system, each card had one of three types that opposed to another type.

I still have the rules, if anyone is interested

I imagine that to summon the feeling of the bullet hell, you'd throw shittons of 1d6 dice, with only a natural 6 would have a chance to hit: each one of those, would have to test against the dodging skill of the opponent.

bump

For total immersion, throw the d6 at each other.

Then what

What the fuck do you see?

Have a tea party wearing poorly drawn uguu faces I presume

Sounds comfy

Pixels on a screen, mostly. Was that answer satisfactory?

Suspicious answer

I haven't kidnapped, butchered and eaten any hobos if that's what you're implying.

Some spinoffs are getting console releases.

That's not what I implied user. Is there something you want to admit?

Whatever, I still love his art style.

Go on. What you did sounds rather interesting. So this card game would it be for what age group?

Care to give an example. Because I have no clue on what you are saying

I suppose that the intended age group is 10 or older, but the game has some mechanics that regular players will understand more easily

Here, let me post the rules if anyone cares to read them

Nice read if a bit confusing

Its clear you love something more than his art style

>spacejin posting
Are you sure you want to do that?

How did you come up with this?

Imagination

Does Veeky Forums hate space jin

probably a joke about her being romanian, as she claim to descend from Vlad ''king of slavs'' tepes

Ah alright. That makes sense