ITT, can Veeky Forums get to Thebes without being eaten?

Halt, hero! If you want to pass, you must first answer my three riddles. Fail, and I will feast upon your man-flesh!
Are you ready?

What can be learned only when it’s guessed? What carries risk, even when assessed? What can you ask only when you know? What even now perplexes you so?

What can you give but never take, have but never make, say but never shriek, and even now do you seek?

What can you open, shake, lend, take, raise, break, give, and hold?

Red, yellow, blue. Jokes on you, I'm into vore. Now get me into you, you sexy slut.

How about u guess deez nuts LMAO GOT 'EM HAHA

lol get rekt sphinx fuckin savage dude

A riddle

Way

Hand

Dude, male sphinx. That's gay as shit.

Two of those are right, at least.

2 is "answer"

Glad to see Veeky Forums can still get through puzzle encounters.

Jokes on you, a Hydra bit me and I'm gonna die from poison anyway.

>eat your man flesh

>male sphynx

I want /pfg/ to leave.

Anyway, what begins everywhere, doesn't ever end, but some say take you to the same place anyway?

Why the fuck am I going to Thebes? Do you know all the bad shit that happens in and around Thebes? Fuck Thebes.

Because Thebans are still less insufferable than Athenians or Spartans.

Including the Sphinx.

for all those theben girls

>going to thebes
>ever
>athenian_shiggy.jpg

Are we talking about the city with seven gates, or the city with a hundred gates? Depending on the answer, I may have to embalm you without your heart.

A riddle

An answer

Loins

>riddles are puzzles
>defends using puzzles in roleplaying games

Fuck you

So, now that we've solved your riddles... you wouldn't happen to want to go on an adventure with us? We could use a moun- uh, loremaster.

Why can't you shriek an answer?

Why can't you shriek way?

Why can't you make way?

Life

Oh no no no, I know how this works.

You can't trick me, DM, I know the Sphinx is just going to eat me anyway. That's why I've rigged my explosive flasks to go off the moment she bites down. That way, the rest of the party can get through.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this sphinx?

A sizable portion of Veeky Forums might see getting eaten as the good end

>can Veeky Forums get to Thebes without being eaten?
The goal of this quest is to fuck our mom?

"The one and only Thebes. The Big Olive itself. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere."

> If you want to pass

I don't. Nice meeting you.

>you have to kill the sphinx
>you can kill the sphinx or you can outsmart it
Why would you ever take option A over opthion B?

Found the faggot who wants his autistic power fantasy where he can blow up planets instead of an actual adventure.

I actively ruin people like you by denying them every chance to use their mary-sue minmaxing until they throw a tantrum and leave.

>Pharaohs bow to the Sphinx
>In contact with the Gods
>Possess riddle of the Muses
>Controls Egypt with an iron but fair fist
>Owns temples & banks globally
>Direct Descendant of Typhon and Echidna
>Will bankroll the Library of Alexandria
>Owns 99% of Deadalus' research in Hellas
>First ornithopters will in all likelihood be Sphinx ornithopters
>The Sphinx is said to have 215+ IQ. Such intelligence on earth has only existed with Athenian mendicant-philosophers and Hyperborea
>Ancient Minoan scriptures tell of an inquisitive man-lion-god who will descend upon the earth and bring an era of annoying and deadly riddles with him.
>It owns Hephaestus' workshops around the world
>You're likely reading this on a Hephaesphinx computer right now
>The Sphinx i in regular communication with the Winds Boreas and Zephyrus, forwarding the messages to Demigod heroes. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Hercules & Hera (First meeting between the two in years) and arranged for Hercules' marriage to Hera's daughter Hebe, whose sacred necklace of immortality has stayed in the hands of the Theban royal family to this day?
>They learned fluent Demotic in under a week
>Hera entrusts her sacred Golden Apples with the Sphinx; there are no Golden Apples in the garden at the ends of the earth, only in the Sphinx's back yard
>The Sphinx is about 20 summers old, from the appearance-based measurement of age addopted by Human society
>In reality, it is an ancient and powerful being that has existed since the beginning of the Olypian age, and is a granddaughter of Gaea herself. We don't know its ultimate riddle yet. We hope its a benevolent being.

kek

>I go out of my way to ruin other peoples' fun...
>...and I brag about it

God damnit, I hate this meme and you faggots made me laugh.

I roll for initiative

>I don't know what fun is, but I know it doesn't require using my brain sometimes.

That syntax is wack; and not a good kind of wack....

Even if I did find the idea of getting nommed by a hot gynosphinx arousing, it's probably not worth dying over.

Shh, your character doesn't know that yet

You're welcome, I think.

Contingent res

Actually, no. It's something manmade.

Roads?

I think this is right

Oh, it's this bit again!

Let's see...what do you think of this...

It is born in the cold, light and soft, carefree at the mercy of the wind.
For a quarter, it closes the land in it's pale, glittering embrace,
until the day it dies, hard and heavy as a stone, in one last act of defiance.
For the quarter, adults move it out of their way, lest it imprison them in their homes, and children take it in their hands and play gods, if only for a day.

Romantic, isn't it? But what is it?

And here's another one...

In one hand, a hollow spear, a drop of toxin in it's tip.
In the other, tools of torture, more than he can hold.
He wishes nothing more than to poison the ill and carve open the ailing.
He's far from unkind, though, quite the opposite. Should he ask you to poison yourself, you'd be wise to obey.
After all, it could save your life.

You didn't answer the question.

Snow, or ice, and an oncologist/ doctor.

Number 1 would be snow,
Number 2 is a doctor.

Thing is, if you assume the artist can't into perspective, it actually makes much more sense.

Yup.

Here's one that wasn't answered right in the previous one...

Born of war cries, it shares it's make with swords and plowshares.
Yet it strikes no fear, lets no blood and tills no soil.
It screams, like a raging fury, gibbers like maddened lunatics, growls like a tortured beast and insults like a scorned lover.
Yet, it still sings like a noble siren, roars like a vigilant wolf, boasts like a stalwart hero, and raises the spirits like no mortal king could.

What is it?

Fuck you, vore is my thing. Open up bitch.

Courage is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Nope. I might as well drop a hint, though...

The first part is not only a pun, but could be used to solve the riddle on it's own.

So it's an object that is forged or made? or is it a concept that has to with how war makes a man feel?

A song.

It's both, more or less. Something that is made, but untouchable, and can carry the same sort of effect a good hearty war cry carries for anyone on the side of the guy shouting it.

Eh, it was close enough. The answer is metal. As in, the music genre.

I'll walk you through the logic if you'd like.

For now, though...

It's grandfather only told people what to do, and had others watch the first do what they were told.
It's father finally showed us all a glimpse into the world beyond itself, even if we still couldn't have a say in their actions.
It finally let us tell the people on the other side what to do and where to go. We found it fun.
And it's son will probably bring us there in person.

What is it?

No I see the logic now, and I kind of thought only metal can be forged in the traditional sense but didn't see how metal could be the answer, totally didn't think of a music genre, nice one.

got any hints for this one it;s got me stumped.

It's a form of entertainment. OR rather, a tool to access it.

Radio to Film to Television to hopefully Augmented Reality, sounds like Television to me.

Not what i was looking for but it got pretty close.

Here's another hint: Grandfather isn't electronic.

I'm thinking of like the evolution of music, or some form of communication, I know its something that developed over time, but I can't quite get that twist of reasoning necessary to solve it just yet.

What sucks on four cocks in the morning, two at midday and three in the evening?

OP always, thats a horrible riddle

Well the numbers are too low for OP, so I'm stumped

Mmh, i'll say that i may have buggered the first line a bit...

It would work better if the first line was: It's Grandfather only told people what was done in the world beyond itself, and we watched as the people tried to recreate the events.

Isn't the word for poison and medicine the same in Classical Greek?

A horn

See that makes it seem like Religion, specifically the Abrahamic ones, but that it has to do with music makes me think it's an instrument of some kind, or it could be like Shadows on a wall or painting, or singing, too many answer and too many things that could fit and thats thats just with the Grandfather, what is the answer? I give up, you win Gollum.
Haha no the answer was Metal Music, lol. although that might fit.

Plays to silent film to talkies to VR, this ones easy

I wouldn't know. I just took it at face value, seeing as medicine is technically taken poison that only hits the disease.

Play, Film, Videogames and VR simulation. Grandfather's a recreation of a story, Father is footage of the story, Answer lets us write and edit the story and Son might let us live it out.

Here's another one, probably a bit easier.

Undying love, no eyes for any other.
Unyielding loyalty, no mercy for enemies.
And all of it for you.
Sounds like a dream come true, right?
It might last, it might not.
And when it finally snaps, it'll all come crashing down on you.
Every knife tasted robber blood drinks of yours,
every pitch-black letter whispers more threats to you.
And even then, nothing but undying love and unyielding loyalty. As is expected fo you, too.
No wonder so many want to be rid of this nightmare.
Maybe even death don't you part.

What is it?

No now that I think about it, and with your help Plays to Televison to Videogames to VR!

Hoo, got it just after i revealed it!

Noice.

Shit, yeah I was 2 seconds too late, but, let me think on this one, I gotta do something.

>What can you open, shake, lend, take, raise, break, give, and hold?
A baby.

Dolan, pls

Yep.

I'm thinking along the lines of maybe patriotism or nationalism, but it also sounds like relationships, in general.

Are you making these up or are you getting them from somewhere?

You're close. It is a relatonships.

Make them up as i go. Just grab a concept or thing and think up a flowery, obfuscating description.

Then it's got to be Marriage. The greatest thing and the most terrible thing about love all in one, if you make it work, it's great but when it breaks, your entire world breaks with it, usually.

Not what i was looking for, but it works too.

Let's see if you can glean the intended answer.

Then a hint, if you please.

Let's see...The answer is a japanese loanword. I'd say more but it might get a bit too easy...

Also, i'm heading off to my grandparent's pad soon, and for some reason my phone doesn't agree with Veeky Forums. So if nothing else, i'll be back ~3 hours from now.

Ech, I know very little about the japanese language, or what we have stolen from them, but I'll get it, see you in a little while user.

A metal instrument like a horn

Got three for ya, in order of increasing difficulty:

I am found in the water, if first in the sky,
I live in deep frosts, great sorrow, and lapis lazuli.
By exhaustion you can find me, and with iron around
I sleep within the earth’s embrace deep beneath the ground

I fall a yellow fork from tables in the sky,
By Nature’s forceful whimsy drops the lethal cutlery.
Accumulating hidden strength but never quite concealed
I strike at those within the dark; their ignorance revealed.

Parents often pray for me when children don’t relent.
But never do I ever mean to give consent.
I am sometimes found pregnant, other moments I conspire,
You can speak my name to break me, if that is your desire.

Three's silence, two's lighting, and one's something like magnets

It's a yandere, dudes.

Oh shit, that makes sense. It might be Yandere or possibly Tsundere as well, they're similar concepts. I wasn't aware it was a loanword, though, and I don't really watch a lot of anime that centers around that stuff.

correct on all but the first.

As in my first thing or your first thing

Sapphires, Lightning, Silence?

>I fall a yellow fork from tables in the sky,
>By Nature’s forceful whimsy drops the lethal cutlery.
You realise this doesn't rhyme, right?

The first one, is it blue?
Fist for the first two lines, not sure about the others

It a thread for riddles faggot, not a quest thread, perhaps the most traditional game there is.

The answer is teeth.
If you ignore every word in the question, it's a (((metaphor))) for teeth.

yes

incorrect, correct, correct

I'm invoking Blake a bit here, sue me. You are right though, the answer for the first one is the color blue.

So whats the answer to your first riddle?

>I sleep within the earth’s embrace deep beneath the ground
>the color blue
Wait, what?

it's a hint that almost completely got.

sapphires only turn blue when they are formed near iron deposits under ground.

1. Teeth.
2. Teeth.
3. Teeth.
If teeth can be horses, they can be all those things. It's not a lie, it's a metaphor!

Ah, line break threw me off.

It makes sense but it should be more geared towards the Sapphires rather than the color blue if you made that up, I knew there was some reason I was thinking Sapphires, god damn it, god damn it all to hell!