A side of me likes high fantasy and its many races

>A side of me likes high fantasy and its many races.
>Another side hates it and prefers humans (only).

Does anyone know a solution to the problem?

Play one, and then play the other. Experience both when you are in the mood and never get burned out.

It becomes problematic when you create a setting.

Genocide

Accept that you're a person of varied tastes and that you can't cater to all of them at once?

You create a setting for one. And you create a setting for the other. Play one, then play the other. It isn't rocket science.

Have all the many races be aberrations of humans?

Dunno how to compromise between High Fantasy and lack of High Fantasy

Rogue trader, has a bunch of races but you can only play humans.

Create two settings.

Is one side your brain and the other one your penis?

>a part of me is sick of generic fantasy races
>another part is always excited to see unique takes on them

wtf

I'm surprised no one posted this yet.

>a side of me likes pancakes with jam
>another side of me likes pancakes with spinach and cheese
Does anyone know a solution to the problem?

Eat them always with jam and be happy that you like it, because having veggies with pancakes is sinful and you're going to hell for it.

>thiccs
>niggers
>twinks & dykes
>giganiggers

You're not going to tell me how I should live my life.
If vegetable pancakes will condemn me to hell, then I don't want to be saved.

Humans vs Fantasy

I feel the same. I get around it by having the natural/mundane world be humans-only low-magic but eventually the PCs will cross over into a supernatural/mythic world with folkloric races.

Do what I do.

All the fantasy shit like elves, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, etc. are all humans. They can all interbreed. They all have a common human ancestor. They just don't know it/realise it.

The weirder shit like minotaurs etc. can be explained through magically mutated humans.

One fun thing I like to do is to limit each and everyone to realistic skin tones. Everyone up north is white, everyone down south is black. Orcs, elves, dwarves, etc. you get the idea.

>A side of me likes meat and its many meats.
>Another side hates it and prefers vegetables (only).

Easy

The cosmology of your setting is an inhabitable planet orbited by an inhabitable moon. One is particularly mundane and humans-only, the other is especially fantastical filled with all of the primary fantasy races. These two places are aware of each other but otherwise have no way of traveling between the vast emptiness of space until some lost form of magic is discovered that allows one to travel in between the two, this is where the campaign begins.

CAPTCHA: 136th cock

Two planets sharing the same orbit on opposite sides of a sun. One is where the humans come from, the other has a bunch of races. Get some Spelljammer in it and travel between them.

So shadowrun?

>am I the only one who likes more than one specific style of game and setting?

I don't know, OP. You know how people only play games in, read books of, and watch movies of only one setting. You must be a freak of nature.

Where da white women at?

Or, alternatively, Make it so the Moon people know about the Earthlings but the Earthlings don't know about the Moon People (potentially because the Moon People are essentially on another Plane in which Earth is their moon). Add in Mechs that the Moon People have and you basically have the setting of Escaflowne.

CAPTCHA: To Let ROMA

Make humans into geniekin.

No, seriously, hear me out. Assuming a cosmology similar to the D&D set-up where there's distinct elemental planes, humans are a very 'lesser' version of their genie forebearers. The ones native to the 'central' plane are just mutts bred from five or six of the parent species. If you ever feel the need for their to be an elf, just bring in a sylph from the plane of air and give it pointy ears. Still 'human', but can fill the role of whatever you need. Same goes for oreads (dwarves), ifrit (orcs), or whatever you so please.

Humanoid races as magic-powered Transhuman in the distant past is a great concept, but I think OPs issue is that he wants mutually exclusive options for the present of his setting.

Everyone is descendant from humans.

Play low fantasy with mostly humans.

Kill half of yourself t b h

Race-as-class kinda fixes this. Keeps humans special, because people will play mostly humans for the variety, but you have the extra options for those that really want them.

Create a human-only setting that features a not!human-only dreamplane, you know, like in the vidya Bloodborne.

Play Conan. Races of humans. Also ape-men.

The white people are cut from this image, they are above the "human" label.

High fantasy world setting with many races, but all the sessions of the campaign take place in a geographically isolated and entirely human nation.

Depends on how strange and diverse you want your different cultures and societies. Humans in the real world are already a varied bunch, but if you want some really strange and alien societies, then different species work better than forcing humans into unnatural roles.

My personal favourite are worlds with humans and sufficiently non-human sentient species ('Core' races for the most part are too similar to humans to warrant their existence in my eyes, particularly elves)

>Especially elves.
Elves are the only non-human core dnd race I have any use for.

I generally agree that some more alien races make for better selection than core D&D races though.

Consider that humans have shared the world with related hominids for most of the time we've been around. We've only been alone for about the past 25,000 years.

It's called Wuxia and Xianxia OP.

Psychiatry

The different races are all mutations or engineered subspecies of humans

Elves are evolved/engineered/created to survive in arboreal environments. Dwarves in subterranean and mountainous. Halflings are plainsdwellers. Gnomes in hilly terrain.

Since Tolkien, Elves are suppose to be the whites of any setting they're in.

Make a homebrew setting where the non-humans are just humans who have been changed over time by magic or their environment.

Flip a coin.

They weren't diverse enough.

Miscegenation.