Modern General

Fair and balanced edition

Playing?

Hating?

Are eldrazi balanced? Do you think they get an unfair advantage for no reason?

Should other tribes be as pushed as eldrazi?

Is T2 TKS busted?

Expecting any changes to the banned list? Hope for any unbans?

Opinions on the attempted price spikes on cards that aren't getting reprinted?

RESOURCES:
Current Modern Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

DATABASES:
magiccards.info
gatherer.wizards.com

Played Breach last night and got wrecked by Affinity (fucker had Opal in both opening hands). Played Death's Shadow the couple events before that.

Not sure what I played a month ago.

>Hating?
Nothing, really.

>Opinions on the attempted price spikes on cards that aren't getting reprinted?
Don't care. Have everything already.

Wow, I wouldn't have shitposted the fake bans if I knew this autism would sprout from it

Buy your splinter twins now, my uncle who works at WotC said to me Splinter Twin will be unbanned
pls someone, buy my splinter twins

OP is just following the discussion that happened on the tail end of the last thread, I don't blame him, I blame modern general

the eldrazi shell is really strong though despite what the eldrazi apologists in the last thread were saying

it basically has its interaction stapled to dudes so it doesn't have to run many interactive cards, and the fast mana gives it just shy of the speed of an aggro deck.

it isn't game breaking, but is it exceptionally strong? yes. hence why the creatures are good enough combined with the land to warrant such a large meta share.

>Mishras bauble is the MM2017 draft promo

check MaRos twitter holy shit

>Played Storm last night
>4-0
Feels pretty good shitting on faggot nerds turn 3, god the tears are so tasty after they discard turn 1, kill your baral turn 2, and then you storm out turn 3, truly nothing is better than the salty jund faggot across the table with his tears welling in his eyes as I prolong my turn, not slow play, just making that storm count as high as I fucking can. I cum every time.

What's you point though? I only see justification for a twin unban.
Why are we allowed a hundred flavours of death shadow, tron and eldrazi but not twin. Because it's blue, that is why.

>Inb4 hur dur twin is red

Keep telling yourself that

>What's your point though

The point is exactly what I said, I don't have an agenda by saying eldrazi are strong.

I've won through discard and a kill spell on turn 3 many times, thankfully burn will always keep the deck in check and none of these cards see prominence in any other deck so it'll never take a ban again

>a hundred flavors of deaths shadow
Name one death's shadow deck besides jund that has put up results.

>so it'll never take a ban again
So naive

2 days to drink storm tears again.

Dude one of the eternal top decks runs main board straight up can't win through it hate. Burn will keep Storm in check forever thank god, and because of this, us storm players will be free to prey on you cucks for years to come, only growing stronger.

>this G/W VALUE TOWN CoCo deck

Lol what are they gonna ban from storm? It's legitimately everything wizards wants from a combo deck, turn 4 most of the time and ca be stopped usually with a kill spell.

the storm cards so the rest of the format can have cantrips.

Just like twin :^)

can't have ponder because of stormcucks.
Get out faggots

I'll buy them all for 50 cents each, beggars can't be choosers.

Funny stuff guy. You sound very new

>He thinks Maro won't move all his influences to ban storm
Delusional stormfags on denial

>Le autist following bad Bautista op
Kys faggot

It's called 'the storm scale' for a reason

Can't have ponder because MaRo thinks it makes all combo decks too consistent you cuck.

Ban all storm spells.

Unban ponder and brainstorm.

MAKE MODERN GREAT AGAIN

>unban brainstorm

Has storm copped it at every single banning?

Rite of flame
Seething Song
Treasure Cruise
Gitaxian Probe

Nah, just 4 times

I wish brainstorm was banned

Just the times when it became playable again

Cruise wasn't for storm desu, it took cruise away from everyone, I know the same can be said about probe but cruise was in literally every deck

DESU serum visions is just a better brainstorm

Cruise delver. What a time to be alive

That shit was fucking obscene, literally madness

Its turn 3 most of the times I go off with it, and occasionally on turn 2, idk what wizards would ban from it, but I'm not ruling it out completely.

is mono red burn the cheapest entry into the format?

Yeah you're pretty full of shit, even gold fishing it only goes off on turn 3 roughly 28.5% of the time, that's after 400 tests, and that's without any permission discard or kill spell without backup, you're a cuck and reasonably it's a turn 4 deck when it comes down to it. Infects turn 3 gold fishing is like 80%, and that didn't get banned since shoal

i would say manamorphose. no need for a free cantrip that actually produces mana with baral/goblin out

Probably the best value to competitive ratio by far

8whack or green stompy are betrer for a similar cost

>tfw just realised Boros Charms artist is dude named Zoltan Boros

I'll make some fake card to play with and decide which one to go with.
Thank you for the advice!

Fuck you, user

Does a Thought-Knot Seer have four legs or two penises?
I need to know this for a school project.

They're meat flaps

>yfw twin unban

Tentacles

>Playing?
Ravagerless Affinity. I find it funny how many people hold their removal waiting for something that will never come, meanwhile Steel Overseer and Signal Pest keep pounding them hard.

>Hating?
Butthurt players who keep spouting WAHH BAN MOX OPAL. Grow a pair, fags.

>Are eldrazi balanced? Do you think they get an unfair advantage for no reason?
I can splice for them quite easily. So, no. Fuck the haters.

>Should other tribes be as pushed as eldrazi?
Only if they finally print Thrull tribal support.

>Is T2 TKS busted?
I use it. So, no.

>Expecting any changes to the banned list? Hope for any unbans?
We are way past Delver vs Pod vs Twin madness. To me, nothing really strikes as degenerate enough as deserving a ban. DSJ is just a cute deck.

>Opinions on the attempted price spikes on cards that aren't getting reprinted?
God is in heaven. All is right with the world.

On an unrelated note, currently waiting for pic related sleeves on the mail.

I give it another year desu, but I fully believe it will be back some day

Nigga leave

>want to play slivers
>got almost all cards
>got rid of my vials long time ago

fuck

>when your buddy leaves his "$200" trade blinder over at your place, so you total everything up and it's only worth $186.40

>when someone's entire binder is worth less than a single land in your deck

Just donate a play set of bolts to that poor fuck

fucking madman

>playing burn vs DSJ
>they get themselves to 10 life
>I just play my creatures and keep passing
>they crack a fetch, go to 9
>I bolt bolt bolt
>he throws the rest of his hand on the table and huffs as he scoops
Truly the best feeling

literally fucking nothing

Do people actually get visibly butt hurt like this and throw tantrums? At my LGS we have middle-school kids come regularly and even they don't get all huffy and piss and moan.

I have a stinky middle aged man child who screams a bunch when he loses. I hate him

>ban manamophose
"strict filtering is not beneficial to the format"

>ban Pyretic ritual
"listen, storm fags are cucks"

>unban ponder/jace
"but we'd like to still have fun"

they're foreceps

I play niche decks but I win a lot so the visible salt from man children is really the only joy left in playing.

Every now and then you get people who you play and you wonder if they even enjoy the game. There's a guy at my LGS who gets tilted very easily. But when he's not playing he's a jovial dude and is easy to get along with. But you play him in MTG and he's just like "Oh my god, really? Did you just draw that? Man UNBELIEVABLE! etc."

Case in point we're playing Modern and it's my Elves (Junk/Abzan colours)vs his Jund. It's game 3 and I sided in an Athreos, God of Passage. I slammed it down turn 2 and he was just not fucking happy for the entire game.

>tfw giving in to the eldrazi
Feels so fucking good. Damn these cards are great. Eldrazi really is a hell of a drug

Turn 2 skyspawner off a Hierarch, start swinging for 3 in the air with the exalted trigger on turn 3 is the weirdest really good feeling in the deck.

Like you think it's all Thought-Knots and Reality Smashers but that thing is the little three drop that could

the crazy part is that curves into t3 stirrings thought knot seer

I can't tell you how many games I've won either directly or indirectly as a result of Skyspawner. It ramps, it provides flying pressure, and gives us two bodies. Skyspawner is an excellent creature.

Yeah because it blocks Inkmoth Nexus so can't not block due to Protection from Blue against Infect because your dude has Devoid.

Is 20 lands too much for naya burn?

are you going to fling them at your opponent?

I wasn't planning to, no. Shave them down to 18 then?

20 lands is fine, a large chunk of those lands will be fetches anyway.

That's nice and all but I'm more into displacer/Flickerwisp

I dont know why MTG is taken so seriously, Deaths Shadow is a gamble but players think because its a top meta deck they should expect to win. I enjoy huge plays regardless of whos making them, getting new ideas for decks and having a laugh at the most ridiculous shit you can do is the whole point of the game for me. I play a Goblin Burn and a U/B mill, somehow people can even get upset at those (particularly tron), I sometimes even run instigators and siege gang commanders now that walking ballista has replaced warping wail.

Only decks I find largely unfun to play against is Infect and sometimes affinity when I see people playing with 20+ proxies just so they can run the most expensive meta deck

alternatively
>they iok you
>know youre playing burn
>untapped shocks and slam 4/5 goyf
>hold shadow until you run out of gas
>still an 8/8 and you have no cards in hand

>tapped shocks

my b

Unless they have no creatures it doesn't matter much anyway. Whatever you'll be blocking with goyf will do 2 or more.

So I wanted to build my brother a deck since he seems interested in modern. Are mono green stompy or 8whack somewhat viable? Or am I better off having us save money for a tier1 deck?

get him affinity minus inkmoths ravagers and opals. replace with some budget pieces and upgrade over time. it'll still be lightning fast, fun, competitive, and pretty cheap.

this guy skipped leg day

They're the 2 best budget decks by a long way. Next best decks probably go;

Wx Hate bears
Dredge
Skred
Living End
UR storm
Ad Nauseam
Merfolk
Burn

That's what I was thinking of doing. What can replace ravager? There's atog and syndicate trafficker that work as two drops but what else?

Frogmite

>tfw you go to a party in a college town and you see this girl you used to be friends with completely fucked up passed out on some bed with dudes around
Shit man, I feel so bad, like she used to be so happy and fuckin nice, now she's just a fucking coke addict party girl. Shit man, this sucks, like this killed my night, I'm just sitting here, watching her, she's throwing up, she doesn't recognize me, and fuck man, I don't recognize her. I have a girlfriend, I don't need a nut or anything, but shit this is hard to watch, I want so much more for her, fuck drugs man, fuck college, god damn I'm gonna bring her to breakfast tomorrow and talk to her. God, I hope she gets this shit straightened out, she had so much potential, fuck, to see the decline of a bright future like this is fucking with my mind.

Wrong board pal

Clearly user is talking about Magic, Modern specifically in a metaphoric sense

I think the girl, represents modern, a bright future, but raped with bans and shitty aggro metas and now cannot recognize what we once loved

Hope you didn't make any bets.

It won't get banned, deck is waaay too inconsistent. There's a reason you don't see it winning tournies all the time.

Is there a blue deck that's not full meme at the moment?

Great troll or a retarded who can type.

Yeah the reason is because deaths shadow hubs is a terrible matchup

for BW processors, should I run an Urborg or the BW filter land

Pure U/w control is better than people realize

Play eldrazi and taxes instead

how do u beat dsj?

I don't want to buy vial

I don't play shitty control decks but I would imagine with Path, Counterspells, and prayers.