Helmets

A basic helmet that covers the top of your head, maybe with some chearguards or a bit in the back to protect your neck says "I'm here for a fight".

A full head helmet which has a few holes for seeing out of, breathing and hearing says "I'm here for a fight and i'm well protected".

A full head helmet that is styled to look like a skull says "I'm trying too hard to scare you, also I have a small penis".

But a helmet that has a mask which covers the face which looks like an actual face says "Don't fuck with me or i'm gonna fuck you up."

Other urls found in this thread:

sott.net/article/242244-5000-Year-Old-Golden-Eye-Found-on-Iran-Afghan-Border
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But a helmet with a mask which covers the face and looks like an actual face, but has a suspiciously big and round mouth hole, says "I'm not actually a soldier, this is just my kink."

What about the mask that looks like an actual face and comes with a metal beard?

Still counts.

I'm thinking more like a viking beard not a spooky mustache with a big nose

That one says "I'm the motherfucking king".

But what if a maiden most fair doth top thy crest?

Got you covered senpai

Sadly I don't have any helmets styled to look like a skull, but I do have the next best thing.

Doesn't matter what I think. Mine argument is refuted.

any helmets with female faces?

>Masks women will never understand

Stormcast eternals!

THIS MAN UNDERSTANDS THAT EXISTENCE AND ADVERSITY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

That's a very neat mustache. He looks like a Battle-Accountant.

Wealth beyond measure, outlander

Holy shit, they really had those disturbing fucking teeth painted on?

[Insert Jojo reference here]

But a helmet that has a mask which covers the face which looks like an actual face says "I have no peripheral vision, please stand still directly in front of me."

>"I have no peripheral vision, please stand still directly in front of me."
You are aware that most closed helmets already severely limit your field of view, right? It's really not that much of a downgrade.

If are intending to do well in a melee, you should at least go for something like these:

A mask is a ceremonial thing. Sacrificing your side vision for something thin with so many flex points is asking for trouble.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!!!

>UGH mom, groan zone

Why weren't polka-dot visors like pic related more popular than slit visors?

I'd imagine it would weaken the overall integrity of that part of the helmet with all the places that have less area on which they attach to the surrounding metal but that's just a guess. I don't personally have any qualifications on this subject

Hmm

Because only having a tiny eye slit in the big sheet of metal protecting your face is good protection from arrows and lances. Covering it in hundreds of holes may give you good vision and allow better breathing, but will act as a point trap for every arrow. lance, sword and polearm thrust. Also, a perforated metal sheet is a lot weaker than a solid one.

The coolest helmet.

Siegmeyer?

Holes can be a bit worse than just removing material.

Stress doesn't like taking detours, so the stress that should have "flowed" through where the hole is will just go slightly around it, adding up to the stress that was already going that way. So we get an uneven stress distribution, and with failure happening when any one point is stressed too much rather than when the sum total throughout the piece gets too high, that's bad.

Exactly how the stress is distributed is one of those "depends on everything" cases that's best solved by computer simulation. But for a hint at how things can go, if we take a large metal plate and try stretching it evenly in all directions in its plane and put a hole in the middle, then the stress at the edge of the hole will be exactly twice what it'd have been had the hole no been there.

IIRC that's a tournament special, for unmounted combat specifically, probably with "swords" of wood or whalebone. A somewhat more extreme take on the good old cage visor.

This is a much better way of saying what I was thinking by someone who actually knows what they're talking about. I appreciate the explanation user

That must be why helmets and full helmets were extremly popular over hundreds of years with warriors all over the world. Because they didn't know shit.

there's a false eye with a gold thread for an ancient monstrously tall woman

sott.net/article/242244-5000-Year-Old-Golden-Eye-Found-on-Iran-Afghan-Border

O hail ye King, Reg the Accountant! His bookkeeping skills are second to none and treasury grander than the vaults of Rome.

The Accountant, Reg
Bets he will hedge
Lives are what he takes
As he measures the stakes
One thousand tallies
Skulls fill the valleys
Reg, the accountant
Death, his pronouncement

10/10

fuckers had it in for that guy lol

>r u havin a jiggle there m8?

Why didn't anyone ever wear helmets like pic related?

Because the drag makes underwater combat needlessly difficult.

Wouldn't that be a tanker? Goggles for lead splatter and minor spalling, but probably mostly a nuisance for a stormtrooper?

I get that but in land combat it seems like that would give decent protection

It would not stop rifle bullets, only pistol.

It can hardly count if it doesn't penetrate now can it?

How much does it weight?

>nothin' personnel, kid: the helmet

I wish Thrakian masks were actually more common.

Anyone else getting a resemblance to HP Lovecraft from this guy.

The mask is fine, but the little ears are just silly.

Is there a practical purpose for the dildo on top or is it purely ornamental? Seems like a waste of metal for what could just as well be a plume or something.

They're not an uncommon feature in these kinds of helmets.

I've been trying to figure that out for years. It kind makes sense when it's a wool hat, but when they make a helmet it's the same design.

Probably for style/intimidation.