/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

The moon is a mysterious mistress edition

Previous: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/something-new-approacheth-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
What kind of places would make for an ideal resting place for each of the different Clans and bloodlines in VtM and VtR?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Robin_Cruddace
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Thrysus Supremacy

The best resting place for a vampire player would most likely be the AIDS unit of a hospital in southern california. That whole HIV situation in LA accurately portrays the vibe that vampire players put out.

Third for Mastigos Supremacy

Sorry worst path. You're stepping on the toes of your Thyrsus betters. Spirits do everything a zombie shark can do and are invisible and undetectable by mortals. Better luck next time, sweety.

Entropy > Life

Did your company begin to fail when you joined it?

And that's why Paths are shit.

Gangrel have the best resting places- Protean means you literally never have to worry about being found when resting- just sneak out, make sure you aren't followed, and then take a nap under the earth somewhere away from others. It's basically impossible to find you, and unless you're retarded nobody is going to somehow "accidentally" dig you up.

Failing that, if I was a Tzimisce and I wanted to travel, I'd used flesh and bonecrafting to build myself a horrendously obese ghoul that I could nap inside. Would want to test it with someone else first though- just in case.

>He still loves his cancelled game

>Protean

So Gangrel are like gophers?

Nah, they're mobsters- masters of the dirtnap

Nah, the sphere's had such shit suggestions that the book isn't worth it unless you had a hard on for correspondence and entropy Everything else was lucky to have 4 suggestions for their powers.

Good thing your gameline is over and done with from the lack of interest that garnered.

Why did DaveB make Promethean bad intentionally?

Is he the Robin Cruddace of WoD?

>But entropy no longer exists. That game is dead.

Since when do vampires give up traveling around with a pack of druggie sluts? Tell them to keep their eyes peeled for anything unusual

As soon as that dorsal fin pierces the sidewalk bam, lots of paradox. While that weak, WEAK moros begins dry heaving blood, get him.

Yeah if you're a nosferatu or edgy gangrel loner kid you're dust.

>As soon as that dorsal fin pierces the sidewalk bam, lots of paradox

That really depends on whether you're playing Ascension or Awakening. If it's the former, the Paradox still wouldn't be an issue.

>ascension
>implying anyone plays a dead game
>3 dots in the kek sphere

>kek sphere
Which one is the kek sphere? Surely not Entropy.

I'm leaning towards Life.

New to WoD, what is the most metaphysical "the world is this fucked up?" type supplement there is? Mage? Demon?

Mage

Mage the Awakening, most specifically when you play as an Archmage.

You escape the prison of the world and its lie, only to find that the path to salvation is longer and more winding than anything you had ever considered, your works you thought so important will be washed away by one of your peer's accidents.

Your old life is now a memory, probably long gone and even if it remains so divorced from your current state of existence the most humane thing is to let it fade from memory. You are now defined by your work, and to cast one of the spells you will doubtless need in your inexorable path towards Ascension you risk murder by your peers, and must hunt down increasingly esoteric secrets just to feed your power.

Yours is a lonely path, the only people who could understand your current state are your foes, haphazard allies at best in the long Cold-War of Ascension, and sharing your secrets with ANYONE is grounds for horrific punishment or death.

What's more, the myth you were told of defeating the exarchs is revealed as the tawdry lie it is. A kind but ultimately cruel taught to children as they first wander from safety so that they don't run screaming back and begging to pull the wool back over their eyes.

All the while, there watches the Abyss. You are now the most succulent of meats, and in your travels despite your grand power, you are far from invincible. Your spells now invite the most crushing Paradox as its anti-reality draws to your Soul like moths to a flame.

>Oblivious idiot doesn't even know that Paths is and in which game they are

>the myth you were told of defeating the exarchs is revealed as the tawdry lie it is
Not really. It's just that defeating the Exarchs is most likely going to end the universe as it is. But there is still hope.

You can't exactly punch oppression in the face like it's a physical thing. It's an absolute concept, and the Exarchs are those concepts.

They won, that's the point. You fight the system, not the living symbols of tyranny. One must first cross the Threshold (Archmastery) in order to confront the Archigenitors and the Iron Seals themselves.

Wait. So you can literally create a universe and become god within it... but you can't fight the Exarchs? Why the fuck not? I mean, if you hit 10 in a sphere, can't you just remake the universe so you won?

Its the MAD principle but on an immeasurable scale. If an Archmage makes a move the Exarchs countermove and then it all goes tits up.

We're discussing Awakening, user, not Ascension.
Get that "sphere" shit outta here.

You can rewrite Supernal symbols. It's just that those concrete symbols are self-aware and spend eternity or so preventing such possibility.

>Spheres
This is a matter of Awakening, not Ascension.

The Exarchs are still Archmages, albeit ascended ones.

>You can rewrite Supernal symbols
This would require Imperial magic, which is the purview of Archmastery.

Casting down living symbols requires a respective Seeker to seal a 5 dot Omen, such as the Celestial Ladder the ancient Atlanteans constructed to usurp the gods.

>Casting down living symbols requires a respective Seeker to seal a 5 dot Omen
So difficult. But not impossible.

Remember that there are no more than a hundred Seekers at a single time. How many of those fellows are going to seal 5 dot Omens? Not many.

I think quite a bit of them. You need at least 6 dots of Omens to Ascend, but you don't choose them that freely, that depends on your views on "how the world should be".

I'm casually interested by what you're telling me. Ascension fag here, where can I read about Archmages in Awakening?

Imperial Mysteries is THE book on them.

>my game is obsolete
>bloo bloo user you don't understand how I harbor my shit sphere from the likes of you like a disgusting diaper fetish

We know.

Posting smug anime girls doesn't make you any less of an idiot.

Shitposting on the internet doesn't make your game any less dead and irrelevant

>Entropy aka vampbabby's first introduction to mage

>Projecting what others called him in highschool

What makes you think Ascension is my game?

>Gaslighting

Keep going, retard.

A few weeks ago after consuming about three white russians i somehow obtained a Vampire: The Eternal Struggle card from a man on the street, titled "Praxis Seizure: Cleveland."

What do i do with it? I don't play the game itself.

>I'm going to make a morose

>what sort of wacky shit can I do with death/matter?

With that reddit spacing and babby's first interest in worst path you can make a noose and end the shame.

You still haven't explained why you think he made Promethean bad, since I don't think he wrote all that much of it.

>Giving up on his dead game.

You asked this once already and got an answer for it.

Oh shit, i'm sorry, i completely forgot i asked this already.

Carry on.

Hi. I have many of those cards. The game is good and I would seek out the JYHAD version of the cards 1) cheaper 2) game design by Richard Garfield before White Wolf fucked it all up by not playtesting. I was a huge fan of the game back in 1994-95 but then Shadowfist eclipsed it in every way.

Exalted Fair Folk for 2nd Edition.

Oh and the people that played the game in tournaments and stuff were TOTAL shitheels, like take the worst possible W40k rules lawyer/player and dress them up goth and put them at a table and that's the V:TES tournament scene.

>Being this salty over your dead game.

>Robin Cruddace

Who?

So this failure of a company tried to infringe on MTG? What were the games like? How long did a match last. Was every deck vampire themed?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Robin_Cruddace

Ok, so what I've gathered from NMage is that the Fallen World isn't the root of evil, simply "incomplete". If the universe is broken, how does ascending to the Supernal Realms actually address this?

>herp derp I make my own paths

You're a special kind of cancer.

Cruxshadows
Depeche Mode
Sisters of Mercy
Joy Division
Siouxie and the Banshees
Nosferatu
The Cure
Nine Inch Nails

It's mages escaping from what they view as a broken, false world into a world of purity. It's abandonment, not fixing shit.

>Assuming an entropyfag can make zombie sharks that swim through concrete.
We aren't playing a dead game, sweety.

DaveB wrote a grand total of four pages for the whole line, it's McFarland that ruined Promethean 2e despite making 1e, iirc.

so you aren't playing new mage?

Which 4 pages were they? Why did DaveB need to be paid for writing 4 pages?

No it was actually designed by the MTG designer as a partnership with WW. I think Garfield wanted to make a MULTIPLAYER focused CCG after Magic and he did so fairly well, though it is a brutal game (elimination). Every deck is a Vampire clan or mix of clans. The goal is to 'bleed out' your prey while not getting bled out by your predator. You can only normally attack the person on your left and can only normally be attacked by the person on your right. Eventually as players are eliminated, the final two people are both predator and prey of each other. The last Methusela standing is the winner (or if you are under time constraints, there are points you get for certain things). The deck types are sneak-bleed, heavy combat (which is actually one of the best), and what I call the "speed bump" decks that allow neither bleeding nor combat to occur and lock down the table. Once White Wolf took over design and expansions happened, the degeneracy of the cards became nearly comical since they simply did not playtest with any rigor at all. Granted, this was early early days in the CCG era.

You can't do zombie sharks from one sphere in that old dead game.

I don't know, look into the archive.
Why shouldn't he? Writers are paid per words, so it's not like he would have made mad dosh.
Are you a little bit retarded? Also, fuck off with your 40k bullshit, we don't have a Ward and a Cruddace, we had Hill and still have MacFarland and Crazy Uncle Phil, who are totally different beasts.

Were all the cards this sexy? How would they market to kids?

>She looks like Samantha Mack

I used to play it with friends, the game was very fun, as it was mutiplayer-focused from the start, and there was quite a variety in what deck you could build.

new mage isnt that old. they did a 2nd ed just a few years ago. too bad it sucked and the game died.

He clearly wasn't proud of his work if he won't own up to it. Also Promethean is a nongame, no one plays it and the overarching themes are boring and Jewy.

>bloo bloo people make comparisons between two terrible men in nerd industry

And this was before Magic was big?

How old were you.

Okay, you're actually retarded.

Yep m20 did come out a few years ago, it didn't revive that dead game. RIP Entropy fag

It doesn't.

Fallen World is fucked forever.

Oh no, I'm another user, Magic was already big, but VTES was more flavorful to us, more fun, and cheaper (quite an important point for students).
Some extensions of the game only focused on a few clans, so if you didn't play them you could skip them, which was a financial relief after the never-ending cycle of releases of MTG and L5R.

Go enjoy another Promethean free discussion. If he was good at his work they gameline wouldn't have tanked.

pretty sure wod 4th is crushing cod 2.

It was not for kids. Many of the cards are like that one. A lot were ultra violent as well. I was there at ground zero (Gencon) when it was released and they printed a ton of the game, it was very complex (which does not mean bad) and for the adult, multiplayer CCG market. We tried at first to play a 9(!!!) player game the first day it came out. This went terribly. Again the gap that Garfield was trying to fill was that MTG was not and is not a good multiplayer game. Jyhad was his answer to that. It was a good answer, but not the best answer, which was Shadowfist. We had a lot of fun with Jyhad though and fun with the later (totally broken) expansions that WW put out and we had a great group of about 8-10 regular players for awhile here (and I had a group when I was in college in '94 down in Florida if you can imagine that)

It was NOT cheaper. Jyhad and VTES were very expensive at the time to get the cards and build a viable deck. When it switched to VTES from Jyahd, that's when the Jyhad cards became much cheaper. If you are looking at this game I would highly suggest Jyhad-only card pool. There are some wonky cards in there, but nothing like what happened later... which was a shit in the mouth.

You need to be 18 to post here.
Let the faggot pretend he made a witty he has very little to look forward to.

Ive never seen promethean discussed. Its a failure because it has no buzz.

David B was on here a few days ago and said otherwise.

I only remember seeing him say that VtR 1e sold incredibly well, nothing about the current state of affairs.

Could have sworn he said Chronicles. Fuck it I dont have any dog in this fight.

read
You're actually retarded.

Tomboy Obrimos

I'm impressed. It's actually good.

Really impressed. Do we have an explanation as for why this book is good when the others are, in my experience, complete garbage? Did they change the writing team or something like that?

>must worship DaveB's cock
yeah, fuck off. faggot.

Stop making up stuff. Dave only said that VtR 1e sold pretty well.

>I know WoD sales better than their team
>You must love Dave B

Actually you're retarded.

meant for

The fags who wrote Ascension finally died of their AIDS

how many new wod video games are we getting?

Werewolf's the only thing announced, though nuWW wants a AAA vidya for Vampire. I don't expect us to get anything worth playing, just more crazy shit ala We Eat Blood.

Marry her

What is Ain Soph?

No.

Ein Sof, or Ayn Sof (/eJn sɒf/, Hebrew: אין סוף), in Kabbalah, is understood as God prior to his self-manifestation in the production of any spiritual realm, probably derived from Ibn Gabirol's term, "the Endless One" (she-en lo tiklah).

>though nuWW wants a AAA vidya for Vampire

I think they overestimate World of Darkness. Vampire: The Masquerade (the game) was a big flop.

Nah. It'll be picked up by the normies because MUH BLOODLINES, which still sells well on GoG and Steam today. Masquerade, for good or ill, has a recognition in the public eye. If I were to walk down the street and ask someone if they knew what VtR or CofD was ,I'd get blank stares from most people. Some people randomly would know VtM through various methods and levels of exposure. Plus it allows them to create a game that their TT can tie into/interact with, since they want a coherent setting they can ALSO spin a Netflix TV show off into.