JumpChain CYOA Thread #1384: Sudden But Inevitable Betrayal Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quote from Rowling I found on her website:
>Accio only works on inanimate objects. While people or creatures may be indirectly moved by ‘Accio-ing’ objects that they are wearing or holding, this carries all kinds of risks because of the likelihood of injury to the person or beast attached to an object travelling at close to the speed of light.

Is this her usual bullshit of making things up after writing the books or did accio'd things really fly that fast in the books?

Well, the Accio'd Firebolt did move pretty fast under the power of the spell during the First Trial.

Sounds like bullshit. Otherwise everything around It would be destroyed. In a huge radius.
Accio-in something behind someone would fucking evaporate them.

>Is this her usual bullshit of making things up after writing the books or did accio'd things really fly that fast in the books?
Complete and utter bullshit.

Otherwise Harry wouldn't have needed to wait for his firebolt to be summoned during the First Task in the Triwizard Tournament.

Also, one does not casually invoke Relativistic Speeds without some kind of protection against the Physics that it comes with.

>close to the speed of light
She can't understand anything pertaining to real life physics so I assume she meant super duper fast.

Harry used it to call a broom to himself in the 4th book. He was in the castle grounds at the time. The broom was in his room.

It most certainly did not move that fast.

I think Fred and George's brooms do bust through a door somehow so they do go pretty fast.

"Close to the speed of light" makes the whole thing sound like something she wrote after a few glasses of wine though.

Considering that there was not even a simple sonic boom involved means that they were most definitely going subsonic when they were summoned.

Not saying she's right, but the angle that she can't be because of physics means jackshit when we're talking magic.

IIRC the twin's brooms actually made holes in Umbridge's locked door rather than knocking it down so it's clear summoning is supposed to make things go pretty fast but given Rowling herself seems to have no idea how fast that's supposed to be trying to puzzle it out is probably not worth it.

Also the brooms weren't damaged which is odd because otherwise brooms don't seem exceptionally durable (as Harry's got smashed by the whomping willow).

Magic seems to make it so things no longer need to make sense.

>magic
For me it's less the lack of collateral that makes no sense, It's magic I get that. But what's killing me because it's explicitly noted to not be fucking instant. If it was even close to the speed of light the damage an object can do when it comes into contact with stuff and how fast it is summoned isn't consistent.

Objects colliding at such extreme speeds wouldn't be so pleasant even with magic involved. And on top of that there wouldn't be any wait time between summoning an object and obtaining it.

what did you do in histories strongest disciple /jc/?

Well, they both wanted to end the flower to save the world and were willing to kill themselves to fulfill that goal.

And they are arguably both the most 'sane' (if anyone in Drakengard can be called so) people within the Intoners.

Yes, but how did you resolve the plot without them killing each other?

I trained under Shigure since she's the one teacher Kenichi doesn't reeeeally learn from in canon (he does, but it's absolutely limited due to his insane fear of using weapons), and became a weapon master under her tutelage. Jumper still remembers her teachings and continues to be a heavy proponent of weapons and not killing where applicable.

Yeah, based on some quick back of the napkin calculations – which, assuming the place where the Triwizard Tournament was being held was rough a km from his broom, which seems reasonable – it would take approximately 0.00003 seconds to arrive – or about 10,000 times faster than the blink of an eye.

Best master.

Also spend a lot of time study the loads of martial arts there, even if the core of my training was learning to master weapons to a point similar to her. I just had to be able to fight people with a spoon.

(History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi) #270
-Background: Prodigy (900CP) -Nothing but the best for me. Yes.
-Katsujinken (Free) -It is unwise to kill when it is not needed, for who knows what the future holds?
-Ki: Sei (Free) -It is this Ki that will be best. A body can only go so far without a proper mind.
-Specialty: Unarmed (Free) -But without a proper body, we cannot grow and train. Curious.
-Style: Kalarippayattu (Free) -Restoring the body is also good.
-Style: Go No Sen (850CP) -Being flexible is pretty awesome, won't lie.
-Style: Ninjitsu (800CP) -And with the accuracy needed, we can begin.
-Civilian Skills (Free) -Strength is akin to our body; a tool that can be applied to many things.
-Ki Kneading (500CP) -Life Energy manipulation and it enhances my Sei techniques? YISS.
-Master's Body (Free at the end) -Ooooh... overall physical buff and the ability to always improve. Yiss.
-Stunning (350CP) (General Discount) -GORGEOUS AS FUCK. ALWAYS GRAB APPEARANCE PERKS.
-Martial Arts Medicine (200CP) (General Discount) -I like this! I like healing people.
-Enhanced Ki (-100CP) -LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MASTERY OF THE BODY CONNECTS ONE TO CREATION.
-"Sword" (Free) -Oh this is is fucking awesome, I love wearing metal stuff.
-Dojo (Free) -Huh. curious, very curious.
-Secret of Steel (-300CP) (Discount) -Always be made aware of the potential in all things.
-Loveless (-200CP)
-The Shadow War (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Yamigadani, 17 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

I pretty much created my own subplot and went around as a martial artist that heals. I am literally healing people by punching them the proper way and infusing them with Ki to accelerate their healing. It is weird and it is funny as hell to me because why not. I also made some sick armor accessories for any martial artist who was a total nerd because if you're going to be strong, I think you're allowed to geek out about things.

Not that user, but I'd imagine that a Jumper with enough MAGIC! and SCIENCE! skills would be able to separate the Intoners from the Flower and then kill "it". Which leaves the girls.

Of course I am just talking out of my ass here.

For anyone who hadn't done so yet, read the Drakengard let's plays by TheDarkId at lparchive.
It's worth it.

No, I'm pretty sure she meant "close to the speed of light" just protected by a magic shell that prevents the object from heating up or creating a sonic boom.

Eeeeeey, my man. Fellow student of ninja troll sensei.

takes too long to get from point a to point b to be anywhere near light speed. Unless you mean the speed of the pretty lights of various spells.

It's alright to ignore arbitrary restrictions on alignment for D&D jumps, right? Stuff like "Ur-Priests have to be evil" and the like?

I haven't actually read the books, I'm just speculating on what she might have meant.

You know what? That actually makes sense. Measuring light based off of something like the speed of an Avada Kedavra totally seems like something wizards would do.

There's a perk in Dragonlance that should take care of that for you if you are uncomfortable with fanwank.

Its your jump, dude.

So I just realized that Heisei Part 7 is going to have the first explicitly forward-and-backward continuity drawback, because of the odd release order and the existence of the Den-Liner.

I don't know how to feel about this.

Work on perks for Final Fantasy and DxD has started up again. I'm totally not taking a page from Val setting up perks for the latter in a 1/1/2/2/4/4/6/6 format for backgrounds, then 1/2/4/6 for their various factions.

I'm working on Ordinary Student next, which is meant to reflect protagonists or characters who don't have Magical Light Novel Protag Powers and getting by without it. I am taking suggestions for perks on that one.

Final Fantasy I can do without much help, it'll just take a little while, is all.

Ok, but it's magic. I am pretty sure physics aren't going to be a thing

>So I just realized that Heisei Part 7 is going to have the first explicitly forward-and-backward continuity drawback, because of the odd release order and the existence of the Den-Liner.
>I don't know how to feel about this.

Sounds amazing bro and you should feel great by pioneering a new way in jumpchain history

So I read the Let's Play. Goddamn this is Edgelordy as fuck, and the Intoner girls are pushing all my "Mary Sue" buttons.

Pass.

What are the more important(read: useful) things to grab in the Warehouse Section? All I'm seeing are things that I can get through various housing perks later on in my Chain.

How about perks that reflect:
1) Casually admitting that you always knew someone's secret...maybe even finding out about it in a random way. (Kiryuu knowing Issei was a Devil thanks to summoning another member of Rias' peerage)
2) Being best of friends with incredibly powerful beings. (Issei's friends (I forget their names), Church trio being friends with Kiryuu)
3) Scanning Eyes. Able to look at someone and figure out all their sizes. ALL of them.
4) Able to talk shit to a friendly powerful being without getting destroyed.

>What are the more important(read: useful) things to grab in the Warehouse Section? All I'm seeing are things that I can get through various housing perks later on in my Chain.
Pods and Forcefield. Basically everything else can be gotten elsewhere/by yourself.

It IS magic. And very few series that aren't hard sci fi acknowledge or understand the energy produced by near light speed objects unless its expressed by punching someone. Also, why is this a big deal?

The problem is that you focused on the Intoners and not on the glory that is Octa and Decadus. Those 2 and Michael were the best characters in the game.

What is the most evil thing youve done jumper?

I stole candy from babies

i invented a strain of infectious space Alzheimer's disease to teacher Vulcans how to live.

Here:
> what-if.xkcd.com/1/

>this is Edgelordy
It's Cavia, what did you expect?

I'm not sure how you think the Intoners are Mary Sues when the entire point is that they're all shitty, disgusting human beings, even Zero, despite any noble intentions or positive traits they might have.

I stole babies from candies.

...Do you know what Alzheimer's /is/?

I randomly started sending down kaiju to wreak havoc in Code Geass, just for fun. Giant insect monster attacking Pendragon, Sharktopus hunting the Chinese Fleet, and of course, a Godzilla clone sent to rampage across Area 11/Japan, as well as numerous other such events. I just grabbed some popcorn and watched.

Sadly enough it was using exalted ebon dragon perks and charms to get women into bed by destroying their self esteem and making them hate themselves, basically they hate it but hate themselved more. This made it easy to run my business in johnny test since you cant hurt the tests.

I plan to completely decimate Germany when someone makes the Uber jump

Enchanted legos with enhanced piercing. Shoes won't save you now.

Dude, what the fuck. You always say you want to do away with all rules and let people decide for themselves what they want to do, and then you infest people with Alzheimers (which is a pretty fucking terrible disease, if you didn't know that already), just to teach them some sort of moral lesson?

>Edgy
>Mary Sues
That's kinda the point. These games are more a parody of the genere than anything.

yes I do My great-grandmother had it before she died,. I am referring to a milder version of Bendii Syndrome that is spread through a prion disease that is spread through hacking every replicator database in Federation space only my immersion focused on the loss of emotion control, rather than wasting.
If you don't have emotions. You're not really a person,they needed discipline. It is the most evil thing I ever did. It was actually kind of before the whole freedom thing

I put whales in tanks.

I once re-wrote someone's taste buds so that everything they ate for the rest of their lives would taste like undercooked and soggy eggs.

As for why? They cut in front of me in line. WIZARD!

My Life Is Alive [100 - Free Ordinary Student] - Whether you’re aware of the supernatural cold war between Heaven and Hell, the machinations of Khaos, or just that Issei kid constantly peeping around, none of that is any excuse to stop enjoying life! You will find that ‘slice of life’ activities, or even just any kind of training, is a lot more fun and relaxing for you. In addition, you will be given boundless enthusiasm you can tap into, which can function as hot-blooded determination or just a way to banish the terrible demon called Boredom. This isn’t particularly special as a power, and your willpower doesn’t increase that much - but there’s something to be said about quality of life, right?

Responsible Club Member [100 - Free Ordinary Student] - Whether it’s a sport or a simple skill like cooking, you’re really good at what would be considered a ‘club’ activity in a school. Like the one you’re going to be attending, for instance. This makes you a prodigy at that particular skill, and gives you a knack for further improving this. While something like kendo can help you train for combat, this doesn’t give you any supernatural skills, and you’re only a prodigy by human standards. Still, maybe if you knew something like ‘math’ very well...oh, and if you don’t want just one skill, you can buy additional skills for 100 points each. Ordinary Students get three purchases of this free.

I guess ripping people's souls out for purposes of putting them in a virtual reality program where they cooperate with other people who's souls I've ripped out in a virtual reality village to cooperate with each other for purposes of redemption with a virtual AI person making sure they don't break out or murder each other can count

They certainly are much more of a person than you will ever be.

Wait no, one time I used my Hope powers in Captain Planet to sadistically torture someone with a brief flash of hope that they would live before I killed them.

That was the most evil thing I did. Captain Planet me was a giant edgelord and I'm better now (hopefully).

You win. You are most evil.

Virus that manufactures humanoid organic weapons out of everyone it's dispersed against, including children, etc.

Other than that? I dunno, I hijacked the empty Traveler's body in Destiny, which prolly fucks everyone.

Oh, I also funded Shyamalan for the entire duration of my stay in Hollywood.

They expected a stand and bang but I pulled guard to make em submit

also prevents deaths since that kid didn't need to get shot, guy did' need to be swallowed by avalanche and that masked guy didn't beed to get impaled

they got good kicks but I dominate in clinches

also made some nice coffee there

The guy who got swallowed by an avalanche survived in canon too though. I only know of one dude who wears a mask and got impaled, and that dude deserved it. No idea who you're talking about that got shot.

I got yelled at for saying rape last time, but the most evil was probably Hatred Gauntlet. I killed everyone in the most brutal ways possible

Avada Kedavra is a flash of light in the books.

That one in the tournament who took one for the team, also nearly cucked kenichi by proposing to miu

its also a quality jump to learn martial arts by bulk

Oh fuck, how could I forget that guy. Yeah, saving that guy is a good idea. Agreed on bulk master martial arts training. With that being an actual plot point, it's wonderful for learning how to master yourself in a way others would actually appreciate.

He and Miu fit better together desu, but he never had a chance since Miu and Kenichi are weirdly obsessed with each other.

>spoiler
YOU MONSTER!

eh, by d&d standards stealing is evil but not necessarily Evil. Stealing magic from the gods however is Evil. However, even the good gods of most d&d worlds are total asshats so I would say that while it might mess with how you appear to alignment sensing and viewing abilities and spells that it doesn't much matter. Especially if you are an outside context problem like a jumper.

Tetradecuple genocide.
Most of them were definitively evil. Others were just mutually exclusive so we could never work together.

It was a turning point.

Special thanks to for some of the perk ideas!

Nothing To See Here! [200 - Discount Ordinary Student] - It can be dangerous to be a notable figure in this world, especially if you’re not part of a Peerage or any sort of faction. So you just...don’t. You’re good at appearing by all rights as a completely ordinary person, blending in like a ‘side character’. Any deeds you are personally responsible for are glossed over or attributed to someone else, and this diverts all attention from greater powers away from you. Unfortunately, this doesn’t apply to big things like ‘personally slaying a major figure’, though just defeating them in a fight would probably be covered up out of embarrassment. This also makes you good at getting away with misdemeanors like sneaking into private rooms or shoplifting. This can be toggled on and off.

I Won’t Miss A Thing! [200 - Discount Ordinary Student] - Whether you’re aware of it or not, a lot of your peers and friends in this school can quickly get swept up into the supernatural world, and many dangerous things can come to light without much warning. At least, if someone isn’t you. You’ve picked up a knack for spotting ‘little clues’ - hints that a friend of yours might be a Devil or Angel, hints of a Sacred Gear hunt happening right under your nose, or traces of a battle and who’s fighting in it. These ‘little clues’ will let you quickly draw conclusions on who’s-who in a particular location and what everyone is after, even if this was a hidden war that most humans couldn’t hope to find on their own. This also makes you a much better detective, as far as intuition goes. Just be warned that this doesn’t protect you from retribution from your snooping around...

If I recall correctly, Endbringers are simply made of normal matter that's dimensionally folded to have increasingly higher density as you get near their core, right? So how would they fare against a Corrosive Torpedo or Vibration Warhead from AoBS?

Was gonna wait until you where completely done, but I wanted to tell ya that I'm loving these so far.

Still pretty sure spells aren't going at actual light speed. Iirc people dodged some of them.

Excluding the perk from Harry Potter, is there any perk that would make magical creatures like me?

Take a "Magical Creatures" summoning focus from Fire Emblem Heroes as it helps creatures who you specify as the summoning focus like you even if you don't summon them.

So if I read that perk correctly, choosing "Animals & Beasts, magical or not" as my not very narrow specialty would given them basically no boost at all, but would still help me make bonds with them faster. Is that right?

They should be recommended reading, really.

Also a fun place to explore, since baddies have evil bases and shit

powerbombing tanks is also fun there

NO REGRETS.

Can I ask the thread a question? What did you guys do in the Game of Thrones Jump?

Is the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia jump still being made?

No, you can't.

Don't they fuck pigeons in Drakengard?

In Drakengard, pigeons fuck horses.

Killed everyone. Ruled over the ashes. Drank SunnyD. Had fun.

But the jumper can become the pigeon in the update.

Most of the Intoners do. No real reason for it other than shock/weirdness.

Arrived early enough to supplant the mad king myself, preventing the rebellion.
Prepared for white walkers, and re-invigorated the Nights' Watch.
Made a fuckton of sewers and roads.
Populated the North after introducing agricultural techniques and easy glass manufacturing allowed wide-spread implementation of greenhouses.
Since this nearly doubled the kingdom's population I split the seven kingdoms into Northern and Southern Kingdoms and turned over most responsibilities to the Starks and the Tyrells.
Marginalized the Seven and other religions, and planted thousands of weirwood trees wherever I went.
Used perks to reign basically unopposed for 200 years.

Glad you like it, user!

My Eyes See All! [400 - Discount Ordinary Student] - Watching people for a long time can teach you things about them. It can be anything from how they feel about a situation, what they plan on doing, how they fight, or their...ahem, ‘sizes’. You’ve managed to turn this social peeping knack into an actual skill - a quick glance at someone can tell you their current mood and if their thoughts are elsewhere, how they feel about the people they’re currently talking to, details about their appearance, and any sort of skills they have that are relevant to the situation, as well as how good they are at it. Not only does this let you mentally pick apart a social scenario, but it works just as well in combat - you can read your opponent’s movements and quickly gauge their fighting style in seconds, knowing them even better than they know themselves. That said, this isn’t as good as actual mind-reading - you can still be caught off-guard or blindsided by something you didn’t expect, and well-hidden details about the individual won’t come to light by staring at them all day. Still, you’ll make a fantastic therapist - or tactician.

(1/2)

The Reliable One [400 - Discount Ordinary Student] - Let’s face it, you’re probably barely a blip on the radar of this world, even if you’re a recently Reincarnated Devil or got your hands on a powerful item of note. But your real strength isn’t from having a unique trait or item, it’s from being you. All that learning about other people and how they act has turned you into a steadfast friend and teammate. You are able to coordinate and bring together even the most volatile of personalities, turning a band of misfits into a force to be feared, and your charisma is strong enough to end a fight without violence. This does little for sworn enemies of any kind, or irreconcilable foes, but you’ll find that the power of words can do anything from lifting the weight of past sins off of someone’s back...or even end a long and bloody war. Even better, you will be recognized in these teams and groups as the glue holding it together, and those within it will respect you accordingly. Life is a tough thing to experience alone, and that’s why you’re there for them.

Still not light speed since it's dodged, and blocked, repeatedly.

What?

Paid to be Robert and Cersei's Trueborn son, Joff's older brother by a year. Spent 10 years trying to clean up Littlefinger's mess before it even began. Had to take on something similar to my 'trueform' to intimidate the bastard.

The Intoners can make birds look and speak like men, and most of them used this skill to create a harem of stupid bird fucktoys for themselves.

>Used perks to reign basically unopposed for 200 years.
How the fuck did you stay there for 200 years? Last I checked it doesn't have a drawback that extends your stay.

Don't be a dumb dumb. Rowling has already established that magic can move at lightspeed. Clearly this means wizards are ftl.

Or they could have just aim-dodged it. You don't need to move as faster than a bullet to dodge a person.

Arrived several years before Ned Stark's execution as a child in the free cities and became the Merchant King. Nothing went in or out of the free cities without my say so. And few knew about it. I donned a mask of black steel early on and eventually made my way to Westeros as part of the kings entourage when he went north to make Ned his hand, and I became Ned's adviser and saved his life, although I let the king die. During the war I smuggled Ned north with his daughters and trained Robb and Jon myself, using that perk from SDS and a few others to make them as strong as holy knights. Then when I took the throne they joined the seven kingdoms again and we repelled Daenerys's invasion, and I ruled for 200 years

I hate you, I know you're kidding, but I hate you because there are people who would legitimately argue that.

I need brain slugs. Something I can throw at a person to brainwash them into being loyal to me. Hive mind optional. Do we have anything like that?

So the Intoners each have a Disciple to basically be there sexual relief and help them summon. Each of these disciples are created by the intoners by giving a pigeon a human form, I don't know WHY they would do this because they have more loyal followers willing to die for them then Zero can slaughter, but hey pigeons. When the Intoners sustaining them die or when they use too much energy they revert back into pigeon form.

Thus Drakenguard 3 is also a game where the main character and the rest of the intoners have sex with pigeons.