Chaos Space Marine warband creation thread

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Let's make our very own chaos space marine warband! For chaos!

First roll:
>Legion Warband or Renegade Chapter? (d10)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Lets go Legion Successor!

Renegade Chapter

Sorry buddy

>Why did they fall? (d100)

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Aw.

The Chapter was friends with the wrong people and ended up being punished because of this.

>Who was the Warband's Progenitor? (d100)

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Hm. Lets see who these guys were friends with that fucked them over after we determine Faith and all that.

Ultramarines

Fuck of Rowboat!!

>Devotion to the Ruinous Powers (d10)

Rolled 57 (1d100)

My vote is for Greaco-Roman chaos marines. There aren't enough of those.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Well, I was hoping for something a little different than being a child of Rumproast Gorkamorka, but I guess being Ultramarine-descendent gives us a lot of flexibility and doesn't pidgeonhole us one way or the other.

Fanatic. The marines of the warband are highly devoted to their God(s), willingly submitting themselves to the Ruinous Powers and viewing possession as favourable.

>Chaos Worship (d12)

Rolled 8 (1d12)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Let's see how this goes.

I personally hope for anything but Minor God or Nurgle.

Khorne!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! *autistic rage*

>What form do the Chapters' beliefs take? (d100)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Rolled 95 (1d100)

Rolled 80 (1d100)

Fuck, re-rolling correctly this time

Do what you want, for an Astartes is Free - These Marines are no longer bound by any laws or codes, and will do as they please when they please.

>Warband Demeanor (d10)

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Exploit and Conquer. The Warband views all others as mere pawns, assisting them when it helps their own goals and tossing them aside once they are no longer needed. These Marines are selfish and untrustworthy.

Strangely fitting

>Common Mutations/Deficiencies (d10)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

No Rest for the Wicked

Also very fitting

>Common Mental Flaws (d10)

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Just hoping it's not the one where we're supposed to get close - that's boring given our current traits.

Horus, is that you? - Marines have trouble remembering certain things and occasionally hallucinate.

>Figure of Legend (d100)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Damn, I was hoping for Loud and Proud so we could be proper Chaos Spartans.

Champion of your choice.

>Deeds of Legend (d100)

Rolled 95 (1d100)

The hero led a campaign of extermination against a loyalist Astartes chapter, butchering them to the last man and stealing their gene-seed.

Also very fitting

>Warband Homeworld (d100)

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Fortress World

>Terrain (d100)

Rolled 28 (1d100)

Fortress World can be interesting. Gives us a reason for why we still exist.

Rolled 46 (1d100)

maybe we got the fortress from the wiped-out chapter?

Desert

>Combat doctrine (d10)

Rolled 9 (1d10)

That could be neat. Let's see what our fighting style is first tho

Bloody Rain - The marines take the saying "Death from Above", to the utmost extreme. The marines enter the fray through a massive rain of drop pods, warp portals, and dropships, while supported by legions of gunships, aircraft, and jump-infantry. This allows them to quickly strike at the enemy with precision and brutality, often before they even have a time to react.

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

dope

Stolen Technology.

IT ALL FITS TOGETHER!!

>Warband Status (d10)

>stolen wargear

But who did we steal it from? The former Chapter? Or perhaps the original inhabitants of the world?

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Slightly Overstrength

>Cause of increased strength (d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

KILL! MAIM! LOOT!

Rolled 2 (1d10)

The Warband joined forces with another Warband that shared the same goals or a common enemy.

Maybe we wasn't the only ones our "friends" pissed off?

>Warband allies. Who has our back? (d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Cmon good things.

Specific group of Chaos/renegade mortals (renegade/corrupted Lost and the Damned regiments, anti-Imperium rebels, clan of tribals, corrupted mutants, mercenary bands, pirate gangs....etc)

Who's up for rolling up a lost and the damned regiment after we are done here?

>Who are the Warband's enemies?(d100)

Rolled 20 (1d100)

That, or maybe the "loyalist" Space Marines we conquered bowed before our might rather than face destruction, and the Imperium thinks we just killed them rather than absorbed them?

Rolled 4 (1d100)

I hope it's pirates.

what kind of poor, savage bastards would sign up with this band of psychos?

Rolled 28 (1d100)

Specific Eldar Craftworld/leader

Ok, that's the entire table.

The poor, savage and desperate bastards

>4
>28
Oh god, a chaos lord?

So, that's quite a group. Any ideas for what they're like? Who they might have been friendly with that got them in so much trouble?

Color scheme?

Okay, so now let's name/color these guys out.

>Fell because they knew the wrong people
Who did they know/were friends with? I vote a member of the Ecclessiarchy who went became corrupt by Khorne, then corrupted the Chapter once they became exiled by the Imperium for being friends with him.

>Stolen Wargear
What if we did some sort of weaponized terraforming tech, mounted on their vessels to cause massive climatic changes before they assault the world? Using terraforming tech to cause gigantic, planet-wide storms that cause confusion and panic as they shit out drop pods and drop/gunships through the storm to butcher their foes in the ultimate expression of Blood Rain?

>Joined up with another Warband
I like what said - what if the Chapter we invaded surrendered and joined us for any number of reasons? Perhaps the Chapter was already in a crisis of faith and our Warband just happened to say all the right things at the right time, or maybe they were on the brink of annihilation and felt they had no alternative but surrender. I think it would be near poetic for the Imperium to hate us for wiping out a whole chapter of Space Marines when in reality a significant majority of those Marines are not only alive, but fighting beside us.

The Gazers.
Black with grey, or eletric purple with neon blue.

Or let's just make a bunch of names and colors and roll dice to do the final decision.

How about bloody sabbath for a name? Cause Khorne and all.

Well, if we go the "weather-tech" route, we what about the Storm Angels? Color them slate-gray/thunderhead gray, brass details, and coat them in blood splatters and give them chain-weapons out the ass.

Storm Angels sounds cool and might rub Blood and Dark Angels the wrong way.

Pic related scheme.

Will there battle cry be
>"Here I am! Rock you like a hurricane!"
?

True. It also is very fitting with theme of the warband to begin with, due to their religiousness, descent from the heavens, and fury in close combat, along with their extreme emphasis on personal glory and desire - they can easily represent the perfect "corruption" of the concept of Angels.

Truly a good turn out of the dice gods today.

Can we churn out some possible lore too?

I can roll up a name for our champion via the Path to Glory name generator if you'd like?

I'll give it a shot, seeing as how I was here from the beginning and think this is kind of cool.

Storm Angels:
>The Storm Angels are a renegade chapter of the Adeptus Astartes that operate primarily within the Segmentum Obscurus Pulling it out, because why not. An Ultramarines Successor Chapter, the Storm Angels were declared to be tainted by the Holy Inquisition during the investigation of the Apostate Cardinal Golg Sarru and the subsequent Chaos incursions that occurred within his domains. After being declared Excommunitcate Traitoris by the Imperium, the Storm Angels embraced the words of the Golg Sarru with overwhelming zeal in the face of destruction, and have since fallen almost completely within the embrace of the Blood God.

>Even as a Loyalist chatper, the Storm Angels showed a natural preference to both aerial assault and drop-pod assault, deploying the Chapter en masse against their foes and plunging head-first into the weak points of the enemy to create charnel houses out of enemy strongpoints and butcher-shops of civilian centers. In addition, it is widely believed that the chapter has access to ancient terraforming technology and weather-control devices that they will make extremely frequent use of when conducting offensive operations, with heavy storms and torrential rainfalls restricting the enemies abilities to communicate, gather intelligence, and put up a defense against their forces. Since their fall, however, there have also been indications of Warp-phenomenon in these artificial storms, with storms producing rains of blood or molten brass, with hails of bone and even complete skeletons raining down from the sky before an assault.

The current believed base of operations for the warband is the conquered Fortress World of Theodoras Fall, former fiefdom of the Iron Cataphracts Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes. While records gathered from Inquisitorial savants and refugees fleeing the worlds conquest suggest the cost of taking the world was extremely high, it is suggested that the number of Storm Angels increased by more than 35% after the total subjugation of the world and the believed annihilation of the Iron Cataphracts. It is entirely possible that previous data on the Storm Angels numbers was inaccurate, but some within the Inquisition believe that a least a small number of the Cataphracts surrendered to the Warband and assisted in its destruction.

>The Warband is an extremely individualistic and lawless chapter, with power and authority carried purely by consent of the rest of the chapter and belief in the superior skill of the leader. Combat operations are not so much combined arms operations as they are a mass deployment of individual "warrior tribes" led by a personal Champion in coordination with a great scheme.

Good stuff user!

Yes.

That is the most metal thing I have ever read.
I don't think we'll ever top this.

"Dark clouds are their heralds.

Thunder accompanies their arrival.

These marines are a natural disaster made manifest."

I've got nothing good to come up with.