Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Crippled Edition
Do you think various disabilities can be interesting addition to a character? Everyone wants to play a blind swordsman once in a while! What about addictions, phobias and other weaknesses? Are they only for cheesing out builds with free stuff you get for taking them?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70727/romance-of-the-righteous-kingdoms
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67969/the-celestial-tournament
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant
youtube.com/watch?v=e9891vPGisw
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo-gunslinger-archetypes/gun-tank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do you think various disabilities can be interesting addition to a character?

I once played a character who was basically bacon.

Unfortunately no, Pathfinder is not conducive to people with disabilities also being cool, which is hilarious given how social-justicey the writers are.

Yeah that's cool and all, but the first real fight she gets involved in is gonna end with her either dead or a breeding sow, depending on how lewd the game/story wants to get.

mmmmmmm, bacon

Pathfinder games currently recruiting:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

I want to play a mute Magus, but it would probably just get me killed.

Oh man, do I have a relevant video for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=e9891vPGisw

Yeah, I've made a few. Both kineticist iconics for LG, actually.

I was actually considering this very picture as an alternative for what ultimately landed in the OP. Good taste.

She is able to swing that humongous slab of iron around, give her some credit. Not everyone wants to indulge you in your rape fantasies.

What happens when a bacon man and a bacon woman have babby?

Man, this is the shit we have left after Dragons and ROTJR...

I want to play a one-armed einhander character at some point! Too bad the system basically tells me to go fuck myself because after a few levels I can straight up grow the arm back to perfect condition no matter how long it'd been!

>the stretcher for the crutch
fucking kek

>both kineticist iconics for LG are cripples

fitting, really

Currently playing an opium addict Arcanist with a bum leg. They were originally going to have only one leg but I didn't want to drag the party down too much.

>I want to play a one-armed einhander character at some point!

Magic is unreliable and very scary for matters of re-growing your arm!

Grab Scarlet Throne Style and focus in Scarlet Einhander!

The child is normal, but at one point she'll ask when she'll get her cool markings like mommy and daddy have!

Hanako is CUTE.

Doesn't work that way. A blind guy with a katana, especially if he's also cueball, is going to be a thousand times better as a swordsman than someone who can see.

how do i go about playing a space marine terminator type character, but with just the pathfinder firearms and weaponry?

Barbarian (Savage Technologist.)

Be as obnoxious as possible and a murderhobo to anything that isn't human, including other party members because you have to purge xenos.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
Red pill me on this one, guys.

Isn't this the setting where all the female PCs are destined to get raped by hot monster dick?

sorry i meant like a slow moving colossus that shoots at things before they can get too close and if they do, i've got a nice melee weapon to make em regret it

And all the male PCs are destined to get raped by tight monster-girl pussy.

Yes, but then I have to deal with
>A, finding a group willing to let me play a character with one arm
>B, finding a group that actually uses PoW
>C, finding actual rules for that, since the only one I know of is "pick one major drawback, get a feat in return", which I'm pretty sure will just get me called a "powergaming fuck".

But what if you play a monstergirl

Alternatively, go Paladin and go full Lawful Stupid, preferably with Oath of Vengeance for as many Smites as physically possible.

Juggernaut Barbarian, I think it's called, from Horror Adventures; you're an emotionless, unstoppable monster that can fly into overdrive at the drop of a hat with almost no penalties.

IMPORTANT BACKSTORY RULES
1) You MUST have encountered a tome manifesting for some reason
2) You MUST be a Nightwalker
3) You MUST be from somewhere OTHER than the Wester Fief of King Luthor. Where ever that is, you get to fluff it to an extent. If you can't match the tone of the setting, that's a big strike against you.
4) I need to be able to figure out whether you're leaning towards monster action, monster girl action, or dick ass nobility action, because I'm going to try to create a variety, cover all bases/genders/desires/etc.

Barbarian (Savage Technologist.)

Or maybe GUN TANK.

Half of the games recruiting for /pfg/ would allow all of those things. Hell, I'd say half of them would even give you the free feat for that major drawback.

PCs can only be Not!Humans because otherwise it fucks up the GM's plan for them to get raped

you're not allowed to play a character who doesn't get raped

yup, here, lemme run down the whole list for ya:

>Shit
>Hipster Shit
>What the fuck even is this shit
>Playtesting Shit
>Rape
>GM is a shit
>Best campaign bar none
>Popularity Contest Shit
>literally haremshit
>shit

>pick one major drawback, get a feat in return

I'd allow it, but regen would be out the window.

Players are destined to get creampied and turned into monstergirls

But still have to fight against it for the good of humanity!

Players are not!humans because of transformation shenanigans

>apply to lewd game
>with no intention of lewding
>expect to get in

MAKE HER FOR CELESTIAL TOURNAMENT!

BECOME LEGEND!

Guntank?

fuck, first quote meant for

Alrighty almighty, brightly and knightly, how are y'all doing on this fine day? I hope you're doing well, because I'm feeling pretty well myself.

For those interested in it- what do you think about the Blood Mountain game info moving over to a Google Site? I'm not keen on creating a massive directory of stuff on Google Docs when it would be easier to just make a big ole' google site for it. It would take a while to set up, but I'd be happy to share it with y'all and make it much easier to navigate.

Any thoughts?

Yeah but what if one of the PCs is alpha and captured a slavegirl?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/archetypes/paizo-gunslinger-archetypes/gun-tank/

GUN TANK

Of course, I'm also considering Iron Gods so cybernetic limb would probly be on the table eventually.

Broke?

So, in regards to the church, what exactly would an engineer PC be? I'd actually read up on a bunch of the shinto stuff (I won't pretend I also didn't spend 2 hours looking through the efficiency reports on lead vs sodium reactors) but would that be rare knowledge they want, or something they dread being spread, or just an out-of-context problem (as many PCs often are in one way or another)?

You could use Spheres

>Martial Training I
>Your martial initiator level maneuvers granted by this feat (and subsequent Martial Training feats) is equal to half your character level + your attribute modifier that modifies your chosen discipline for use with this discipline (example, Dexterity for a discipline that uses Acrobatics), not to exceed your character level.
What does "martial initiator level maneuvers" mean in this regard?

One of the players in my group plays a middle-aged Crusader Cleric with only one hand. He can still strap a shield to the arm, but he can't use two-handed weapons, and he takes a penalty to skill checks that require both hands.

I actually quite like the character, and the disability lends to some amusing roleplay moments.

... I'm pretty sure the federation guntank wasn't quite THAT shitty.

Wow that's bad.

Well now I just feel silly, because the last time I asked anybody about it they told me to fuck off.

>cybernetics would be on the table eventually
It'd probably be better than just "lolregenerate", especially if I can just BS out a reason why the arm can't be recovered "normally".

>make her for celestial tournament
>"her"
>playing a PvP game

That doesn't sound fun at all. I prefer playing dudes.

xth for autistic manhunts based off of unverifiable comments

Extremely cancerous radiation damage?

Okay, fine! FINE! I'll make it.

nah he can keep it simple: magic curse laid upon him by X rival after he lost the arm, nothing can regrow it until X is kill

If you're an engineer, you probably:

Have a bit of tech that you know the ins and outs of
Have the knowledge to replicate that tech, or at least get it to working order, as if you were an artisan/craftsman.

Like, if you're doing Youkai Engineer, you're a DaVinci of the times - you know your shit - save that you have access to old relics of super advanced tech. You wouldn't be a modern engineer type.

It's a typo.

It means to say "Your martial-initiator level for maneuvers granted by this feat..." they left out the word 'for'.

Does that make things more clear?

So, basically, shit most people can't wrap their heads around and the general scientific and technological level has fallen too low to be able to reproduce even when they follow your plans?

Yes, thank you.

>It's a tank
>A what?
>A tank. A flying armored vehicle with siege weapons that can be controlled by two or maybe three people
>That doesn't make any sense. How can siege weapons even be controlled. This is just some bullshit sketch.

>....Wait what?

More or less, that's a good way of seeing it, with an added caveat that the character doesn't fully grasp what's going on/how it works as much as they understand the principles of making the machinery work.

Or rather:

They know HOW it functions
They don't know WHY it functions.

>One-handed Bandit

Does sci-fan remotely interest thee?

Kkkkinda? Why?

>The tome must either be burned, the monster killed, or the tome recovered by a merchant
>or the tome recovered by a merchant
>merchant

So what he's saying is that Merchants are our greatest ally?

So... in other words, no formal schooling exists on these subjects anymore, so it's all been hands-on since childhood.

Cuz I'm that fag trying to do IG and I like the concept.

Precisely.

Of course. Merchants get money, and you know what they say about money.

It makes you poor or makes you rich.

And being 3.5>>PF, required ranks whenever they're listed are at -3 (so 8 becomes 5, and so on) correct?

I think the concept's coming together nicely now.

This is trufacts, yes.

Glad to be of help, user.

One last question then before I get some serious work done; Vigilante Talents in the fake-gestalt points, those are without a specialization, correct?

Alright.

What would make the perfect rape-bait character for Puella Librum Daemonium?

My latin is rusty. Is that Demon Pussy Book?

anything with a hole

Review user, I call upon your power! Review the Hell's Rebels applications please!

That is correct.

Don't rape a donut user.

>What would make the perfect rape-bait character for Puella Librum Daemonium?

Busty, blonde lady-knight saving her virginity for the fiance back home. She's got wide, baby-making hips and has powerful (yet dormant) mothering instincts.

A blonde foreign-exchange schoolgirl that's somehow despite that from a family of sex ninjas and is deeply in love with a slightly older guy she's always also called her big brother.

Cheerio? Pin-prick cucks.

that isn't going to stop me

why didn't you tell me

"Little Girl Demon Book"

>Interested in the theme but not in the rape
Hrm.

>That pic
What the shit is up with that wind? if it was strong enough to do that to her hair and cloak, there's no way she'd be able to read that paper.

This upsets me greatly for some unfathomable reason.

He means the ones that spread them around, the pallid creepers that you're hunting.

Think Happy Mask Salesman

Clearly the wind is coming FROM the paper.

It's Ghibli wind, she's reading a letter from her beloved talking about the dozen children they're going to have together in that lovely cottage by the babbling brook where they fell in love.

>tfw would play for the rape but not the theme

I don't know much about the bloodborne aspects but as far as the berserk side of the setting related ramblings tomes are essentially !behelits that some fucking wizards are handing out to see how well they work.

>Puella GM tells players to make up setting information to prove they're not shitters
>People are asking him to hold their hands on making setting information
More DMs should do this, or at least something similar. Really points out the idiots.

/pfg/ how would you stat a thylacoleo? I want to make a primal drop-bear riding cavalier.

So, have a lv6, soon to be 7 Vanguard Slayer.

Have been leaning toward dipping 2 levels of Eldritch Archer Magus, to pick up an extra attack per round, and some minor magic damage.

Lv7 is firmly committed to Slayer, to get study at swift. Potentially up through Lv12-13 to finish up my Archery feats/Tricks and pick up Evasion.

But, after 12-13, I have no idea how to progress the character.

We're supposed to make our own setting info?

So, pfg, with all the new games that have started running, how many active games are you currently in?

In in 6, or 5 per week. One of those campaigns may end soon.

None. All the /pfg/ campaigns are full of memes and lewd. Don't try to get in if you're not a degenerate.

I don't know what's going on here but I don't think I can resist my world-building boner.

Pitch a character with a story that has the right tone, the setting outside this fief is yours to play with to build your story, within the lines of the fluff from the DM

That's how it basically works.