Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Doggo Edition:

Has your party encountered any dogs lately? Have they been cute dogs? Mean dogs? Ugly dogs? Pretty dogs? Handsome men shapeshifted into dogs?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

We were on page 5, you dumb dumb.

How much of the meme characters are memed on basically 90% by the characters' own players wanting attention?

And why are there so many "meme characters" anyway?

I don't want to believe that anyanon is memeing their own character. I'd be embarrassed if my character became a meme, I'd be even more embarrassed if I was encouraging it.

Meme characters, while presumably only slightly easier to make compared to homegrown, are much easier to digest. Take it from the guy who made not!Sanji in the Ruse Cruise, figuring out how to build him was just as difficult as any other character I've made, but for those who just want to browse through and see what he's all about you just need to see the name and description and you've got a bunch of preconceived notions about his character that make you "get it" instantly.

see

You'd best start believing in samefagging, Mr. user.

Half the groundswell for any character is the player samefagging. It's the same reason the idoitic "daddy fetish-bait/slender animu fuccboi" dichotomy came to be a thing around here--anonymous posting does not prevent cliques from forming, it merely allows cliques to be invented artificially rather than growing from actual interaction.

>Amalthea, Vessel of Rebirth, The All-Mother, Womb of Heroes

>Goddess of Fertility, Reincarnation, Consensual Sex and Caring Parents.

>NG
>Domains: Charm, Community, Repose, Healing, Good,
>Subdomains: Love, Family, Ancestors, Resurrection, Fertility
>Holy Symbol: Stork with a Cloth Sack in its beak.
>Holy Animal: Phoenix
>Favored Weapon: Dagger

>Deific Obedience:
>Spend one hour caring for, singing lullabies, or nursing infants, children, or others in need of a nurturing. When complete, the All-Mother grants a +4 sacred bonus to heal, and diplomacy checks, +6 if the recipient has the Young Template/ or is a young member of their race.

Fertility Domain

1st level: Can cast charm person/monster 3+Wis Times a day. Increase the Save +2 against If the the target is a child, has the Young Template, or has the mentality of a child.

6th Level: With a touch, one can guarantee that any sexual acts within the next 24 hours will or will not produce a pregnancy, The user's choice. The act must be done in such a way where its physically possible to cause impregnation. In addition the user can set the number of children conceived, a number between 1 and 10. This can effect individuals who are normally Sterile or Barren.

Domain spells= Remove Sickness, Re-centering Drone, Remove Disease, Age Resistance, Reincarnate, Threefold Aspect, Refuge, Nine Lives, Miracle

Has anybody here played Legacy of Fire before? Got any tips to a GM planning to run it?

Probably would want to add "willing target" in the 6th level ability there somewhere, but otherwise that's pretty neat.

REMOVE DUNGEON CRAWL remove dungeon crawl

Seriously, there's way too much slogging through indoors areas when you could have the PCs going on trips to magical and wondrous places that really show off the landscape and culture.

>willing target
What's the fun in that?

Add better waifus. The only ones you get for the first three books are a dirty bird and a shitty swashbuckler.

I only meme my characters to try to get people to shit on them. It does not always work, and backfires often.

>Cleric of Amalthea who goes around making everybody she sees guaranteed to get preggers with 2 or 4 kids the next time they do the frick frack.

Our party encountered some Yeth Hounds recently. It did not go well for us.

Oh, right, the squashy swashy.

Don't run it as a lewd game.
Don't run it as a gestalt game.
Don't allow PoW.
Don't post about it here.
Invite 2hu and DHB

BEHOLD

>Has a shirt

>t. True Neutral Amalthean

Why do people get so desperate to join a game with 6 PCs running EVERY OTHER WEEK?

So once every 14 days (less if the game gets cancelled for the week), you get to share the spotlight with a huge clusterfuck group.

Yay.

Where's the appeal in this?

BEHOLD THE SUPREME ULTRA MEGA GOD MEME BEING

BOW BEFORE THEM

ONRORYOU'S TIME HAS COME

Actually having a game to play.

playing games

ITT: Fox and Grapes to the max

>people sour about not getting into games deciding that they weren't worth playing in anyway

I have regular 5 mans but they're all normal voiced based games. I don't even want lewd, I just want to be able to play more flamboyant concepts beside roleplayers who don't think Overwatch references count as good character.

This is actually a really good setup for a goddess... I want Amalthea in my games now!

>implying I'm not already in 3 games a week
>none /pfg/ games

>Population booms, and the number of loving caring families increase... Also more than a few noble houses collapse due to infighting and getting the mistress preggers.

Glorious

When was daddy fetish ever a thing here?
Hot blooded alpha males and androgynous boys are a thing but I dont think father figures have been a thing.

I just really want to play in games.

You been under a rock? People were blowing the fuck up over Casimir during RotJR's application period.

Even when /pfg/ talks about otherwise normal dudes, they call them "daddy"--Ulfric in Dragons2 was somehow designated the "team daddy" despite being barely into his 20s just because he liked to cook.

/pfg/ is full of people desperate for a strong father figure, and they want that strong father figure's cock down their throats.

>People were drooling over Ulfric
user...

Don't make it gestalt. Just add a free VMC or something, and maybe ban full casters if you think people are going to get salty about it.

I didn't say that, but that was being said. Pretty sure it was that game's ReviewAnon who started it, but I'm not gonna fucking check a week-old thread.

I don't think it's actually a daddy fetish. I think it's just that some dumbass motherfucker keeps coming on here not understanding the full implications of the term.

Ive just started getting into 3pp namely pow and spheres, now that I've gotten the hang of things a little bit, I would like to check out 3pp items.

Are there any 3pp published items that receive the same approval as pow and sop?

Psionics.

Anyone got any Amalthean Conversion testimonials they want to share?

I'm surprised that Akashic haven't received the same acclaim as the other DSP stuff.

I can understand Bloodforge or vampires, but I'd think people would be all over an Incarnum book.

Daddy doesn't necessarily mean daddy fetish these days

Because Akashic is trash.

Akashic received a whole lot of bad rep and still suffers from it.

Something about trap options and complexity for the sake of complexity.

I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disturbed.

I was for several years, As they say in Alkenstar, Shooting blanks.

Now that started worshiping Amalthea, i know have 20 children with three different wives.

Thanks Amalthea!

Case in point right here

disturbed would be my reaction

its sadly true tho

So basically a "daddy" character is any male character that does not behave like a complete faggot and doesnt look like something out of final fantasy?

>giving people extra abilities
>give generic talents out to martials as their BaB goes up
>one is "Aimed Spit"
>ranged touch attack to blind by spitting in their eye
>players use it for long range spitting into things
>gave it a 5ft range increment because that seems appropriate
>player asked if it was possible to enchant one's mouth with distance
>gets distance denchers
>asks if he can enchant the denchers for other stuff
>gets flaming burst distance +3 denchers
>little dubious, but might be funny
>spit does 1+3+1d6 damage at 50ft range
>players begins using it to spit at commoners

I should have just made it impossible to do damage with it. Letting weapons enhance it was a bad idea.

What could possibly be the reason behind the Path of War 1 errata taking so long to arrive?

My husband the king was threatening to overthrow the national religion and impose his own so he could divorce me because i couldn't bear him a son.

But now, after paying homage to Amalthea, i have four sons and the country isn't in a civil war!

No because there are plenty of characters who fit into that and aren't "daddies". In Hell's Vengeance Falafel and Dr. Nefarious didn't act like faggots, weren't out of FF, and certainly weren't daddies.

And even then, you can apparently still earn the title if you cook or sew.

These "people" want a combination dildo and maid.

>Dr. Nefarious
Was a shitpost.

If Akashic got a rerelease with complaints addressed I could see it becoming good. Though it is a complex subsystem to get the hang of.

We have a wolfhound puppy. He rides in the NE necromancer cleric's backpack.

Also, stupid question: how does one make a mute wizard/magus who isn't horribly gimped? The character I've got planned would either be unable to cast 95% of spells, or be forced to use spells as if they were one level higher.

Yes, Shitpost != Daddy

I'd say the characters people "daddy" over do tend to have elements traditionally associated with fatherhood.

Nobody was daddyposting about shitty meme dog but the other recently closed games got some daddyposts and the men were respectively a widower in a party of girls with father issues and a summoner butler whose eidolon is his young child.

Yeah, that's basically a daddy fetish in a nutshell, but you're missing the element of the "daddy" being a financial and emotional enabler as well.

Like slave and pet play fetishes, the idea is that you sexualize and formalize a desire to have no responsibility in your life. If anybody calls you on it, you retreat to the defense of "no kinkshame plz".

Lets talk mechanics for a sec.
>Paizo rebalances summoner via unchained and encourages players to use it instead of the vanilla summoner
>It never gets any new spells from any of the splats while vanilla summoner gets all sorts of goodies.

Does using Elemental Spell change the damage type of the spell?

>tfw your gf has a daddy fetish
>feelsbadman.jpg

I'm pretty sure Paizo doesn't offer *any* unchained classes support in their splats. UC monk getting Scaled Fist is the only one I've ever seen.

I'm bothered by how the Vigilante is already better supported than any of the hybrid classes. I'm not sure Paizo has given Slayer a single talent since their release as an immediate example, but none of them feel like they've gotten much at all.

That's an easy fix user, just become a daddy. No excuse not too, even girls are doing it these days.

I wanna see Amalthea and Lamastu confront each other and Have a massive cat fight that devolves into them making love and somehow getting each other pregnant.

They weren't daddyposting about memedog because they were too busy gushing over his soft fur and how dogged he was. Fucking memedog

>expecting me actually have and raise children
I'd rather not have to put up with screaming flesh goblins for the next 18 years

Vigilante is probably some Paizo dev's pet project, an embryonic attempt to break off from Pathfinder and start their own superhero game. And since this dev is probably [JJ/friends with JJ strike whichever is in appropriate], it gets put into every single book.

As opposed to nonflesh goblins? Because that sounds terrifying.

Who the fuck can afford that shit?

Hey, don't talk about my robot lolis like that! They're still in the process of becoming self aware!

The best thing about Amalthea, and all of SEagle's Waifu girls, is their exposed tummies.

Just some hounds of tindalos

What were the apps in Rapegame like?

What apps?

lewd! LEWD!

How does unarmed Vigilante hold up?

dear god i am sorry you must suffer such a fate

Should I post an app for a game I don't actually want to play but built a character for just because I wanted to see what I could do?

>when none of your characters have exposed bellies

Whatever happened to Iron Gods GM?

I only ever saw two:
Widow Knight
Bag-on-head Rogue

>shows up says they'er considering running something
>a few hours later someones wondering what happened to them

If I had to bet, they went to sleep

Or maybe they got murderraped by cyborg dog ninjas.

the shitpost was better than most of the other characters that applied

EXPOSE YOUR MIDRIFF! ITS AN EMERGENCY!

Well if its an emergency, BUT I DON'T WANT ANY LAUGHING!

You have to show your belly when saying sorry.

CAN'T
BE
DONE

I don't even like chubbier girls.
But I would DEMOLISH that or die trying.

Ma'am i'm going to have to ask you to cover the jelly belly.

Why does she have Egoraptor with a saiyan scouter on her leg?

huh

>doesnt look like something out of final fantasy?
Galuf, Cyan, Strago, Barret, Cid, Steiner, Amarant, Auron, Basch, Sahz, maybe Snow, and Gladiolus all would like to have a word with you. And that's just to name a few
Heck, the only game where too many fuccbois was a problem was VIII, and that one is easily one of the weakest mainline Final Fantasies

Those characters are all pretty gay tho.

Rolled 2, 2 + 2 = 6 (2d4 + 2)

Don't mind me, I'm totally not rolling the chest of an application.

Oh god I can't unsee it now.