CYOA General

Last Thread Useful info on creation and collections of cyoas.
Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
paletton.com/#uid=24U0u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF
wikihow.com/Use-Color-Replacement-in-MS-Paint
imageresize.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=b3tJ1MfwaFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welp, posted the WIP.

>From each category
Don't you mean from each row?

Here's one I made a little while ago.

It's a quick concept, but I like the execution of it.

>Angel -10pts
>Grace (Free)
>Magic Affinityx4 -6pts (1 Free and discounts cuz Angel)
>Flight (Free once I get wings)
>Lifespanx2 -2pts (1 Free and discount cuz Angel)
>Exceptional Appearance -2pts
>Vitality -2pts
>Regeneration -2pts
>Low Magic Fantasy Setting

My plan is to explore and learn about the world while growing my magic powers. I can eventually get wings and heal and protect people and smite too. I think since low magic setting I can become most powerful sorceress around and get followers and try to ascend to Goddesshood of beauty and light.

Yeah, each row is separated.

One Piece CYOA when?

That appears to be a lower-quality version of my CYOA.
Have the PDF i made apparently 3 years ago.

nice & simple; i like the font, spacing, and graphic
though i question the idea of sociability being under agility
maybe switch it around with perception (reaction time) and/or something in wisdom?
anyway, i'll go for maximum lazy with incoming luck, outgoing luck, and i guess stamina endurance

>tfw made a new build for the fantasy cyoa but angel wasn't around
Feels bad man

Social agility is what i was thinking of, e.g. the sorts of people who can just go anywhere and fit in.

Hey guys, I'm working on a fantasy country cyoa (Original I know) and for this section I was going to have you choose your neighbors. What do you think of my description of the countries thus far? Is it too much text? Too little? Am I focusing on unimportant details? Are the details uninteresting?

My screen might be a bit dark, but it seems hard to read. Maybe try a slightly lighter blue?

What was that cyoa that was posted yesterday where you had to pick Ascended Beings to serve you? It made no sense but the lore was pretty cool.

I think it is your screen. It seems fine on mine.

Why not post it now?

Dark on dark is not good design. While I can read it, it isn't as easily read as a lighter colour.
Contrast assists in legibility, so perhaps change that.

You may also feel free to go up to 1200-14000px wide, it does seem cramped.
Let the design breathe.

The amount of text seems fine.

Damn. Wish it was easier to edit text in paint. I'll take your criticism to heart on other pages, then.

I want to enslave, torture and rape the cat people!

Endurance, Intelligence, Wisdom.
Gotta know things and be right.
Gotta cope with the knowledge.

What about Kirito's Harem?

maybe consider a different image? the aspect ratio is killing it

It looks absolutely atrocious, fix your aspect ratios.

On all of them or just the right most? (The right most is particularly atrocious, I know.)

I want to enslave, torture, rape and marry Kirito!

(all the sandniggers should die though)

Don't use paint, get the free Photoshop CS2 and a lot of your problems will go away.
helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

And use something like this to find complementary colours for text/background.
paletton.com/#uid=24U0u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF

Thanks

Nice dubs.

Because I already posted it

why do i keep coming to this place?

>Orr
>Eiden
>Jai
>Tesla

Easy choice.

If you just want to change the text color, use the eraser:
wikihow.com/Use-Color-Replacement-in-MS-Paint

Well at least it is readable. I'll make the other pages a lighter color, but paint won't reasonably let me edit what I already typed.

For now, what do you think of what I have so far. I particularly want to hear what you have to say about the context of the text. Is the writing good enough?

>Well at least it is readable. I'll make the other pages a lighter color, but paint won't reasonably let me edit what I already typed.
See and try again.

...nevermind, looked at the picture properly and saw that the text was all sorts of anti-aliased (so of course he above trick wouldn't work). You'd need to disable anti-aliasing for text for the color-replacement to be doable, but it'd probably be much easier to just use some other program with better tools.

>Squishing the images
Please, just stop.

>Well at least it is readable
It is not.

If I remember correctly this "Lunar" person showed up a week ago doing the same thing and there was a small shitstorm over it.

Has it ever occurred to you that they may have no idea what you actually mean by that?

I didn't, when I first got here.

Yes please don't do that. Use an image editing program or go to an online website that will crop images for you to the dimensions you want. Don't keep smooshing images, it looks like crap when you do.

imageresize.org/ or something

You people might think that it's funny to ignore everyone's advice and have your CYOA look awful, but the joke will be on you when nobody reads it and your time is wasted.

Again, I don't even think Lunar knows what you /mean/, or what any of those terms mean.

Let authors make cyoas in whatever way they want. Only the flow of (You)s will determine their worth.

I've pretty much finished the v3 of the Necromancer CYOA

One or two more days for final revisions, proofreading, and last-minute fixes from said revisions and proofreading and it should be ready to post.

I can tentatively say it's now 2 PDFs rather than the 4 that v2 was, and it has 3x the pages.

Which is what's so dumb about this. Instead of ignoring the terrible looking CYOAs, they instead give them negative attention, and create a perfect breeding ground for trolls. Well, that was years ago really, it led us here today.

Senpai, when is Necromancer coming out?

>all these years
>still going on about a concept as terrible as necromancy

>1-2 days
>Necromancer v3
>mfw

me on the right

See .

It's an unavoidable part of the system, especially when it's not like there's an agreed upon guideline for making CYOAs. If the CYOA isn't appealing enough, people won't respond. If the CYOA strikes a nerve, people will respond. I haven't seen a single CYOA general where that hasn't been true.

Anything that people have control over is not unavoidable. All they'd need is some self-awareness and self-control. But they don't.

Preaching to the choir buddy. If everyone had more self-awareness and self-control a lot of shit wouldn't happen period.

It's horrible in a variety of ways.

Don't mind those elitist bastards. I for one don't feel entitled to aesthetically perfect cyoas. As long as I can read it and it's fun, it's fine.

This is the updated beer money cyoa.

v1.1

-Changed cost for buying new gift from 1 to 2.
-Added suggestion in beginning recommending rolling 10 1d20 to play.

This is part of the choice. Do you want to become much stronger, but alone, or have a loyal mate but remain weaker. The shit companions like Prinny or Iggy are partially there as second rate companions for if you turn into the girl.

>if you don't want a hotel room where the toilet is overflowing that means you're an elitist that only sleeps in 5 star hotels xD

>get a free weekend at a bed and breakfast
>throw a tantrum because you don't like the pattern on the drapes

I recommend white text. It's readable in its current form, but it would be easier with white text. It also gives you room for color-coding certain options in the CYOA if you want to. If the normal text is white, color-coded options will stand out more.

Can I become the girl yet stay a boy yet?

>this requires rolling

>Can I become the girl yet stay a boy

Unfortunately no. Best you can do to become a male monster is to get the parasyte arm and maybe eat the dragon egg, and dump as much buffs on yourself as possible.

Ain't no one's gonna stop me from making rolling cancers, no one!

>Forbidden Meat
Damn, you included best waifu 2017?

I've always liked this one.

Every single time I see this, this is what comes to mind:
> youtube.com/watch?v=b3tJ1MfwaFM

We ride Clansmen!

>get a free weekend at a bed and breakfast
>yay!
>the toilet is overflowing, the sheets weren't washed, and the food gives you indigestion
>should have just stayed at home

/r/ing the magocracy CYOA.

Hey look! A fundamental misunderstanding as to what constitutes popularity, quality, and creativity! Love you author!

Daremo

>Race 24
Beastman (Fox) 20

>Lifestyle 20
Survivalist 16
Hedge Mage 14

>Physical 14
Grace 14
Vitality 14

>Magical 14
Magic Affinity II 10
Lifespan II 2

>Miscellaneous 2
Expanded Equipment 0

>Setting
Low Magic

I'm going to hide in the woods, and use illusion charms to keep nosy neighbors from bothering me.

If the marauding armies decide they want my home, they can have fun walking in circles while slowly being picked off one by one until they leave. If they escalate things, I will hunt them all like animals. Forever.

Other than that, I'll just hang out with whatever woodland creature I take a liking to for the durance of it's lifespan.

Rolled 20, 19, 2, 20, 16, 11, 9, 12, 16, 16 = 141 (10d20)

Alright, let's fucking do this. I'm probably going to spend three coins on taking Dantalion and Disaster, unless I just get lucky.

Shame on you. SHAME!
Also, if you made Beer Money, thank you for Dantalion. It appeals to me...

Praise be to based Scientist!

Needless to say, my body is ready for this momentous occasion.

>The Fanged Tower
>Gamour Mastery, Telepathy Mastery, Heal 2, Dispel 2
>Circlet
>Meditation Chamber, Alchemy Lab, Apprentice, Scholar-at-arms, Spymaster, Lounge, Senschal
>Brick, Helen, Alex, Heather
>Allison Keynes, Abraham Crowley
>The Scion

I mostly stay in my chambers either furthering my research on class dynamics or supporting my staff in the field. I try to keep entirely in the shadows (the circlet allows me to project a constant astral invisibility illusion) and communicate with ideas that the recipients perceive as their own. Knowing that they are sample might skew the data.

>make shitty paint CYOAs
>get a decent amount of (You)s

I mean, following this logic that everything needs great formatting, I shouldn't get many.

>isn't appealing enough

meanwhile

sydonay
expression dislike
gifts iggy with upgrade and prinny
base level perks fairy in a bottle and yurlunger's tail with upgrade

drawbacks wonderland syndrome
scenario postcat

The point isn't to get yous, you can just spam bullshit and get just as many.

I rolled 14 15 8 7 1 17 10 8 12 7 off site.

Got Gremory
Dislike -> change to like, 3 silvers left
Excalibolg
Dream eating star -> upgrade, 2 silvers left
Dragon egg -> change to hellspawn, also upgrading the hellspawn, 0 silver left
Forbidden meat ->I'm eating this to become the monster loli
No drawbacks
Empire of Vals

I'm going to send my familiar to fight in the arena and collect any money he makes. Other than that just gonna chill with Gremory in a big assed city, and use her powers to live comfy lives while keeping a low profile. Gonna use the star to be a dick to people, steal their happy memories and boost myself in emergencies.

Helena.

Put Dantalion with the white magic perk together. You can buff the entire group.

>Myr
>Rjun
>Nyala
>Tesla

Feels the most useful for day to day life.

>endurance, Intelligence, luck

>Sloop
>Private Quarters x4
>Bomb, chain shot
>Breechloading Gun x4
>Mestari Sails
>Small row boat x3
>Guns deck, cells
>Good Galley
>Masthead nest, forward, round
>Edward, David, Charles, Kalevi, Navy Crew
>Albion Navy (obviously)

Due to the limited crew size, I ultimately opted out of navigator and cook, the idea is that we work primarily as coastal defense vanguard of the Albion Navy. We come in fast, hit faster to cripple pirates and mastari ships with chainshot and bombs in a quick strafe, then let bigger navy ships sweep up.

As for why a navy ship has Mastari sails, well, my girl's a bit of an experiment after the Navy took out the masts of Mastari ship before it could drop canvas, allowing the navy to salvage it intact and work on reverse engineering it.

It's a tight and strong crew, and our tactic is honestly suicidal, but it's working.

I rolled J the first time I did this one, loving girlfriend. No regrets, and never changing that outcome.

Option to spend coins for an additional girl when?

are you sure you rolled that

Gina

We'll see, if there's truly high demands for this.

Yes, I am. The technology to doll d12s has existed for a really long time, senpai.

Bethany

Looks like ten was more than necessary, but that's fine. At least I saved a coin.

>Girl
Dantalion (Purchase)

>Impression
Disaster (Apparently, Dants found out that this legally makes us new people, thereby voiding all prior contracts in her home dimension.)

>Gifts
Dream Eating Star (Memories are now currency. Who says I need to steal?)
Puppy Fur Purse (Who's a good dog? You are!)

>Perks
Flying Frigate (Upgraded)
Time Stop (Upgraded)

>World
Postcat

And so with my trusty crew of me, I will sail the skies of Postcat! I will deal in transport and trade, visiting settlements and making money while I try to learn how to leave this place.
The Puppurse will help me get started on materials investments, and the Dream Star will let me take collateral on more serious loans. I can offer transport for a few people that want to go to other settlements, and hopefully my cheerful personality and trade stimulus will encourage these sad sacks to remember what ambition is.

While it's not relevant in Postcat, being a time-stopping hivemind with a telepathically controlled flying artillery platform makes me a terror on field of battle. Were I in a more violent setting, I'd do well as a memory stealing pirate. As is, I'll probably try talking my way out of tense situations when I gain access to the greater multiverse, but I will be purchasing arms and armor for myselves.

For now, I need to explain to my family why I am a group of girls that look nothing like me, and that I must go to another dimension within a month. Regardless of how that goes, Puppurse is buying me some beer, and I'm going to cuddle myself on a boat and pet my bag. Good bag.

I had considered it, but getting the buff would have taken all my coins, and I like iron too much to take the drawback on that number.
I /really/ wanted an upgraded flying frigate, and the time stop synergizes too well with being Dantalion to give up.