/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Angry Anarchs edition.

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/something-new-approacheth-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
How much blood could a bloodchuck chuck if a bloodchuck could chuck blood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
youtube.com/watch?v=v-R4y8nWcdI
youtube.com/watch?v=m7YSNbq2KcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

Plebs still think they are safe from True Fae.

Hedge nigger alert.

>True Fae

kek Rank 7 entities

Can you use death to discover the cessation of abstract things? Example break ups, when a nation lost its Sovereignty, when status quo of someone's life ended/changed, when a car ran out of gas or when its journey ended?

That's a commonly asked question.
There is still no answer.

I like to say no, on the grounds that otherwise you open up the door to stupid bullshit like stoppping someone's speech by compelling its ending, fraying the ending of your drink so there's more of it, Unmaking the ending of your relationship with someone and so forth.

Death can already be used to kill sounds and light

Not really. That kills the subject's presence in the world...
Though really that is halfway decent precedent.

That is a fucking retarded spell though.

So does anyone in their games have a PC who gives a singular fuck about the Law in anything more than a pragmatic sense?

I guess it kinda comes with the territory of the game.

Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals

Darkness is the absence of light. Silence is the abscence of sound

Yeah, let's take that to the logical extreme shall we and let Death Mages destroy any aspect of reality we like?

No, fuck that.

Yes its called an Unmaking spell. The face is this is open to interpretation as it is a subtle Arcana.

Yes you are supposed to take it to logical extreme. Whats the point of putting abstract concepts absences and endings under its purview if we arent supposed to play with them

Death has cold under its purview because cold is a form of absence.

>Plebs still think they are safe from True Fae.
Realty Deviants still think they're safe from our HIT Marks.

it's amazing to think that VtM: Bloodlines, a game that's over a decade old, is going to have better facial animation than the new Mass Effect

The story of Awakening: the Source of magic was once attainable. People went inside to become gods. They were kind of dicks, and broke the way to enter into the Source of magic, and also broke reality. Now you are a mage and you need to enter the Source of magic.

Ok.

The story of Ascension: the rules of reality are based on shared beliefs. A huge conspiracy is making technology acceptable to the mass and hiding magic. They succeeded a little too well, hampering themselves. Now you have ascended and understood the true nature of the universe, but reality is still a dick, and you don't want to flaunt your magical powers, because reality will kick you back. You are a member of a group with huge historical significance to the world, from washed Ethernaut that were kicked out of the consensus, to old Hermetics. You fight for the very nature of reality.

Bruh. Bruh, listen to yourself, please. If the first seems more interesting than the second to you, the problem is with you.

You can make anything sound more interesting when you go more into detail with one than the other.

>mage supremacy

So, considering the fact that mages are amazing and beat up everyone ten-times-over, would a Kindred Prince be willing to hire one as acting 'court sorcerer' over a specific Domain?

I was thinking Moros, but ironically an Obrimos could work as well.

Why would even the newest Mage take orders from a Vampire?

Man Miranda and that reporter chick in ME3 were downright creepy. Bloodlines any day over that

Mysteries? Curiosity? Obsessions?

I don't think that would work since both groups are unlikely to want outsiders among them. I would believe that prince would have phone line to local mage/fae authorities thou.

No mage is going to dedicate their time and resources to serving a vampire, no less a Moros or Obrimos.

At best, if the vampire possesses something of value, a mage might barter a spell or two.

Also I would say role of court "wizard" would be occupied by member of ordo dracul(ironic considering they are the ones without blood magic) .

Thou one of recurring elders in my games has magical sword a mage made for him back in 1432 or something. Mage had actual tower and shit but to everyones disappointment no hat

How does a vampire sorcerer even compare to true wizards, though?

Hiring a reasonably sensible mage would be tempting, especially for a Prince. Fate alone can determine and override countless obstacles within Kindred society.

Hmm I considered this role more as a consigliere and not someone who is there to brew magic potions and fling spells.

But anyway if you are hiring outside help you can disgruntle a lot of other vampires because you just got yourself a huge trump card and there is also issue of trust. If you would hire yourself a cadre of werewolf bodyguards how do you think members of your covenant would feel? A lot of people would feel threatened

On the other hand I would so play something like players trying to assassinate court mage who is obvious about whole thing while their traps backfire on them. Slapstick ensues

>So, considering the fact that mages are amazing and beat up everyone ten-times-over, would a Kindred Prince be willing to hire one as acting 'court sorcerer' over a specific Domain?

Possibly, though it'd be boring.

Mages make everything boring.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a good idea to do it RAW.

But it's an interesting concept, and if you made some changes (like nerfing mages a bit) it could make for a cool antagonist for a Vampire game.

Tremere and other left hand legacies would make solid antagonists with for example vamps and mages bumping into each other while investigating string of weird deaths

Tzimisce had the human centipede 10 years before the movie, only with less ass-to-mouth and with more children. Hunter Survival Guide showed a Vampire who fused multiple children to itself into a long daisy chain. A fat luggage man is downright reasonable in comparison.

So when did /wodg/ grow up and stop believing in the masquerade?

Purview Endings Yes. The Existences yes, the when, Not so much. That's really the purview of time, but I would let yah have it for an extra reach

-The ending of a relationship
-The ending of a country
-The lost of Self ? Existential crisis? I would say anything that caused a lost of moral stat would count, because death also looks at the souls
-The emptiness of a gas tank
Yes because it is the destruction arcane. It can destroy or protect against destruction. Of course destruction of reality is probably more at the high end of shit. as the middle level are more about twisting purviews to natural limits and minor effects

Indeed
Cold Snap (Death •••)

Are you that user from the last thread who was the living reason why RPGs had to have a "THIS IS NOT REAL" disclaimer through the 90s and 2000s?

>Slapstick ensues

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

>cat burglar bastet game
>fast and furious forsaken game
>wolves in da hood / gta forsaken Detroit game
>everybody is Arnold Schwarzenegger as a werewolf Apocalypse game

there have been some tip top tier fun setting ideas lately, keep them coming

>cue sped up scene of a group of vampires chasing a mage around a big table

This.

Also let's not ignore the fact that the Technocracy, while being the designated villain, was the most sympathetic of all the antagonist factions in all the game (being a large organization, it was rife with internal politicing and factions who disagreed on a lot).

It wants to make the world a better place for the Sleepers, the average folks who don't drink blood, shapeshift into monsters, or hurl fireballs. The folks who were at the mercy of dragons, trolls, and demons when the majority of the world believed not in science and technology, but magic and mysticism.

Compare that to the Sabbat sadists, and the nuts in the Nephandi, Raveners, and Black Spiral Dancers that want to destroy all of existence.

The Technocracy were always the true heroes of the classic World of Darkness.

WW's inability to convey their alleged villainy is one of the reasons why the Seers in CofD are so undeniably evil, and at best, dangerously selfish worshipers of the symbols of human oppression.

This post is biased, and therefore unreliable.

Well, there was the rampant Nephandi infiltration and the ever present danger of what a Static-dominant Paradigm would truly mean in the long run, but hey they get laser guns I guess so let's keep hyping them up.

Stat him (Either WoD or CoD is fine)

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Any what exactly are the Traditions doing for the mass of humanity?

It's easy to point to the various successes of the Technocracy, unless you have something against indoor plumbing and vaccines, or would like dragons and troll infesting our neighborhoods.

Heck, were were the Traditions when the Technocracy was fighting the Ravnos antediluvian?

Attacking your opposite isn't a defense.

It's like when Marvel fans try to deflect criticisms by shitting on DC.

I have him written up as an Incarnate Beast for the CoD.

Family: Ugallu
Hunger: Prey
Myth: The Mysterious, Ever-Watching Boogeyman

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 7, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Mental Skills: Academics 3, Computer 0, Crafts 1, Investigation (Searching) 4, Medicine 1, Occult 4, Politics 0, Science 0
Physical Skills: Athletics (Chasing) 4, Brawl (Claws And Tentacles) 5, Drive 0, Firearms 0, Larceny 0, Stealth (Stalking) 7, Survival (Forests And Woodlands) 4, Weaponry 0
Social Skills: Animal Ken 0, Empathy (Fear) 3, Expression (Voice Mimicry) 3, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 5, Socialize 0, Streetwise 0, Subterfuge (Evasive) 5

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Taking People Away), Common Sense, Direction Sense (Epic), Eidetic Memory (Advanced), Indomitable (Epic), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Taking People Away), Patient (Advanced 3), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 3, Demolisher 3, Double-Jointed (Advanced), Greyhound, Closed Book 5, Pusher, Iron Will, Retainer (Proxies), Striking Looks 2 (Uncanny), Untouchable, Hunger Management 3, Spoor 5

Willpower: 10
Defense: 10
Initiative: 14
Speed: 64
Health: 13
Lair: 8

Atavisms: From The Shadows, Limb From Limb, In My Image, Inescapable, Mimir's Wisdom, Needs Must, Relentless Hunter, Shadowed Soul, Siren’s Treacherous Song, Unbreakable

Nightmares: Fear Is Contagious, Run Away, You Are Not Alone, You Can’t Wake Up, You Will Never Rest, Tabula Rasa, You Are Lost

Horror Traits: Power 12, Finesse 12, Resistance 13, Size 13, Health 21, Defense 10, Initiative 15, Speed 125

Lair Traits: Fog, Maze, Poor Light, Undergrowth, Disruption, Mirages

Beast-Shapes: Legendary Size, Multiple Appendages x 3 (Arms), One With The Shadows, Terrible Mien, Superior Atavism (Needs Must), Unnatural Healing

>Heck, were were the Traditions when the Technocracy was fighting the Ravnos antediluvian?

Who the fuck do you think made it possible for the Technocracy to actually succeed? The Technocracy couldn't have coped with reality deviants without actually being able to look past their technocratic unions.

>If you think the Technocracy is shit, you must sympathize with the Traditions!

Nice try.

The Technocracy is still a highly corrupt, easily compromisable organization whose noble ideal will ultimately be their greatest undoing. People fall for the "True Heroes" meme because they hype up the one section where it talks about all the good they do while loudly ignoring the fact that the Technocrat is also the little-t technocrat, whose got charts and numbers to predict the world, shuffling around people like digits without realizing the nuance. Trying to change the Technocracy for the better, like some Technocrats do, is the right thing to do but also is a severe risk to their Paradigm. Reform might actually kill them.

That the Traditions are a group a breath away from a cosmic knife fight and battling for Paradigms that might be objectively worse in the long run doesn't absolve the Technocracy.

>Ok anvil and piano didn't work
>Huge wooden mallet didn't work
>we hire seer of the throne to help us out
>Ok vamps you are lucky to have me. I just sabotaged this items to amplify the paradox so he will be destroyed when he tries to cast near spells near them
>How exactly does that work?
>seer casts spell and is immidetly devoured by some abyssal entity
>Whelp back to wooden mallet I guess

If Gaunter O'Dimm were to be somehow transposed into one of the WoD splats, which one would he fit in and what particular portion of it?

Mage? Nephandi?

Demon? True Fae?

No shit?

Beast.

Obviously not a perfect fit but probably the closest one.

He grants powers, has weird powers, looks human for the most part, and his monkeys paw shit could be his hunger.

The final confrontation with him takes place in his Lair, which is the only place where he looks less than human.

Beast doesn't really seem to fit with the kind of power that O'Dimm wields.

>So does anyone in their games have a PC who gives a singular fuck about the Law in anything more than a pragmatic sense?

Yes, though it's a "Hunters Hunted" game... which means that:

>Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals

Still applies.

>Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals

Did your apprentice really say we should obey mortal laws? Hah, that's so naive and adorable. What's next, sleepers are real people? Vampires are just misunderstood? Werewolves are cuddly?

I'm sure she'll grow out of it soon enough. She obviously hasn't had to deal much with the human government or much of anything else outside the Consilium since her Awakening. Let's hear her opinion after the next time she spends an afternoon at the DMV on line with the filthy monkeys and realizes a simple spell could have saved her the time and efforts, and allowed her to more quickly return to the Mysteries.

I haven't met anybody in real life who cares about the law in anything more than a pragmatic sense.

>implying werewolves AREN'T cuddly

youtube.com/watch?v=v-R4y8nWcdI

Official thread track? or is Anna's stuff too 90's and early 2000's?

Demon, and if you want to go with the triad True Fae i presume. He was kind of spin on 'Boruta'.

Orginal 'Diabeł Boruta z Łęczycy' was a kind of trickster form of the christian 'devil' mixed with Leshy or Bor from slavic mythology. He drank like a fucking champ tho and was in the end usually a good spirit but hell if he didn't find a way to manipulate and troll people all around before just to fuck with their minds.

All this parallels with him, tricks, manipulation and madness.

Also afaik his name was a reference to 'Dima from SK Dark Tower.

also is it bad if I can't feel my lips?

You mean Walter O'Dim?

yeah obviously

they both manipulators and tricksters, both could shapeshift

>>Question:
>How much blood could a bloodchuck chuck if a bloodchuck could chuck blood?

Well shucks, chuck, if you chuck up your blood you ain't that cool of a poppa.

Shitposting aside, is WoD fun yet? Is there a WoD version/splatbook that doesn't read and play like the Buffyverse but angstier and unfun?

>implying werewolves AREN'T cuddly

Gay does not equal "cuddly."

Mages should just domesticate werewolves.

>Mages should just domesticate werewolves.

Why bother? Who has time for pets when exploring the Mysteries?

>domesticate
that removes the best thing about a werewolf: rage
if they don't rage how else will they beat up your boi/pucci

So I wanna run a game of nWod. Can I change the morality/derangement system or would the system break apart without it being exactly as is?

I think the "mental illness is caused by doing bad things" being put in as a rule is maybe the single worst thing I've seen in an RPG since rolling for anal circumference. That's not how that works.

GOOD NEWS!

nWoD 2e (called Chronicles of Darkness) replaced the morality system with Integrity. As you see and do fucked up shit, your mind slowly fractures until your soul is consumed by the inhumanity of it all

Also available as a free errata to nWoD 1e called "The God-Machine Chronicle" if you want

I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks, user.

Is it easy to still use old 1e material. Two players seem to want the campaign to be Silent Hill and there's a fan supplement.

/v/irgin here
don't use any silent hill related fan material
the errors and misconceptions will make any kind of fan generated material full of the worst ideas and aspects of the games and their lore.

Please tell me we have a few horror/WoD variants of the infamous Questionable Content strip. I need those keks.

>don't use any silent hill related fan material
Long time SH fan here, can agree.
Remember, every SH game was wildly different in theme; they were each tailored to the protagonist and their specific situation, there is no one size fits all approach.
If you want a SH game, you need to master setting tone, absolutely master pacing, and know exactly what makes your players/pcs tick to ramp up feelings of dread. From experience, that shit is hard to do, but it can be done.

No, the best thing about werewolves is that they're 8' tall dogs that you don't have to house train and live for more than 15 years. Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.

That's a pretty big assumption. A Mage did something that pissed off his fellow Mages, and is pretty much an outcast if not quite on the run. He is relatively new, so doesn't have any great mastery yet, but enough that he would make an excellent court wizard for a Prince. Said Prince is willing to pay with accommodation, a high wage, and as many days with any blood doll he wishes, to be on retainer and spend all his free time studying.

It might be sweet deal, at least for a while. I mean, shit, if I was a Mage I'd be willing to chill with Damsel. Remember, the none-monstrous Vampires can be pretty bro-tier. Are you telling me you wouldn't love to hang at the Last Round? Or maybe flirt with Jeanette?

>Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.
how could one man even be THIS wrong?

Werefags don't deserve good magepussy. They can take entropy mage scraps if they want.

You can have the Ascensionfags.

Nobody cares about them and their dead game.

why everything about werewolfes must spin around furry fag shit, i miss those old days before internet where i was that contrarian kid obsessed with 'Apocalypse' instead of 'Masquarade' and before i discovered god damn Furries.

wolf was never the same...

how much of a hard on do you have for saying their game is dead as if you saying it over and over again will make it real? find something better to do with your time, maybe play some mage the ascension. i hear its a good game.

>Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.

Meh, proximi and human sleepwalkers are acceptable as sexual partners, and sometimes mages are even willing to slum it with sleepers, or for the more adventurous and less discerning, changelings.

The latter is just not something that's discussed in polite mage company.

>more adventurous and less discerning, changelings.
The Lord Sages of Unknown Reaches all look fucking weird too.

werewolf would be better if the gm's weren't uncreative fucks and this guy wasn't the only one talking about setting and story ideas

when's the last time any werewofl game, forsaken or apocalypse, was talked about in thread that wasn't also a crossover that ended up with splat players that weren't mages nuking everybody because the mages were being insufferable cunts

>werewolves is that they're 8' tall dogs
>8' tall dogs
>dogs

A Get of Fenris could make for an okay hookup. And maybe husbando

Well I only rolled one campaign of WtF and it ended on one of my players remarking "if your land lord wants to turn into eldrith abomination you should probably just leave town" with I do not think is good advice.

But on a serious note I do not feel I have enough experience with the game to discuss it

Yes. Dogs. After mages domesticate them they'll make the perfect pet.

>mages were being insufferable cunts

Being an insufferable cunt is inherent to the splat.

Why would I play a dead game? Especially a shitty dead game like Ascension.

I haven't participated in any werewolf campaign yet, but after reading through forsaken 2e I think I know enough to at least discuss the game

>ended on one of my players remarking "if your land lord wants to turn into eldritch abomination you should probably just leave town"

that sounds a lot like a certain story teller didn't drive home the importance of territory to their players in f2e. that's something you really have to hit new players over the head with, doubly so to people new to ttrpg's. werewolves don't subscribe to their weirdo alien culture for no reason, not even if they were literally raised by werewolves.

I think it is a little undersold in the book to discourage st's from murdering newly changed, but it's literally "if you don't do these things then you will either murder your character's family, get killed or worse by other supernatural entities, and if your character rejects their territory they could end up responsible for the deaths of a lot of innocent people including but not limited to their character's family and friends"

you take anything to deal with all that butthurt?

To be honest that campaign did go pretty well.

Said land lord started out as a complete joke character(dude was a vampire that actually was architect responsible for creation of the quarter of the town that game took part in) and evolved into sort of bigger bad/sometimes ally of the pack as the game progressed.

I was surprised that when they figured out that a lot of creepy stuff that happened in game was his doing they didn't go in guns blazing

truth, people don't really talk about wolf that much to be honest, don't know why
nothing really wrong with the game but it was always least favourite of the three main's

>wolves in da hood / gta forsaken Detroit game

remember that one, got a warn for saying i would want to run one because of all the n... youths there. but actually i borrowed the idea and ran with it, not in detroit and as antagonists of course. Pitbull, mastiff like weredogs cult with black spiral connections and 'fighting' rings all around.

lots of blood, sneakers and boots, gang banging, lean, bass music and bling

was surprisingly decent session

"remember who put you on, remember who made you, you walkin' in this footsteps BOY!"

youtube.com/watch?v=m7YSNbq2KcQ

What butthurt? My game isn't dead.

Necromancy isn't a Sphere
tough shit