JumpChain CYOA Thread #1386: Drive Back the Saracens edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y6Hlqu-neG1hFH0WQmA3EXPtTGSHR96OfCtKRNptBE0/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, jumpers!

Sometimes, using charisma perks goes terribly, wonderfully right. What's your story?

>Drive Back the Saracens
Is this /pol/ stuff or a reference I'm missing?

Reposting by HeavensAnon's request, the Highschool DxD WIP.

Never been a problem, I try to keep my charms turned down till I need them.

No its a crusades referrence, also the year lithiania became christian.

*lithuania

>that face when your jumper is one third Jesus.

>one third Jesus
Wait what? How?

>banchô-user is only 1/3 Jesus
>Not having become 2/1's Jesus.
Wow I know it's hard but try to keep up Banchô

Jumpchain is bad, we should just nuke the drive and go do something constructive with our lives.

So I've been playing the heck out of pic related and wanted to know if anyone had already made the a Jump for it? I can't get at the Drive right now to check, Google Docs is being a dick to me.

For anyone who wants a summary of the setting: "It's like a Bug's Life but with 100% Dark Souls"

Street sharks has that option.

Sounds neat, what's your double Jesus formula?

Doubt it. Hollow Knight is relatively new isn't it?

>Sounds neat, what's your double Jesus formula?
All the Saint Parts from both CoCo and JoJo.

>Street Sharks allows 1/3rd Jesus

Explain.

it allows you to be genetically merged with Two historical figures, I chose Jesus and Tesla.

CoCo Is Superman though, and my understanding is JoJo Jesus basically Resurrects when you put Him back together.

No, no one's made a jump. I would welcome it, though, the game is fun.

I woke up and saw people in the last thread want text-selectable versions, so here's one on drive (couldn't upload word)

docs.google.com/document/d/1y6Hlqu-neG1hFH0WQmA3EXPtTGSHR96OfCtKRNptBE0/edit?usp=sharing

Bleach? Um. If this is gonna be another Viscera Cleanup Detail...

>all of these lost souls...

Nevermind, it's just another setting where the afterlife is badly designed. What is it with mangas and badly designed afterlives?

>exponentially increasing power levels

Oh. It's one of /those/.

Consolation prize, any age and gender for free. Although the "Doesn't matter, choose whatever" is kinda... ominous.

I wonder who Drop Ins are based on, can't be the protag because the blurb says he gets involved by becoming a Shinigami.

Anyway, now I have a chain coming out of my chest and... going into my chest over there? WTF?!

>"You can either sever this chain of fate, and become a true spiritual being (aka a ghost), or crawl back into your body and continue life. Either way, this will open your eyes to the realm of the spirits, and now you can see the truth to this world."

Let's review those intro and origin blurbs again... NOPE! I'll just crawl back into my body thankyouverymuch.

>mysterious clatter of cosmic dice, 1d8=3.

And I'm laid out on an operating table all by my lonesome. Well that's not creepy AT ALL. Time to exit stage-anywhichway.

This spot looks safe. Let's see, I have 1100cp and 200pp:

-100 Completely Normal. Nothing to see here, move along citizen.
-400 My Soul, My Badge. I do indeed like my powers being mine.
-200 Mental Censor. Fiat protection against mind _reading_ is rare in jumpchain!
-200 Gate. Helps to be able to visit the afterlives you can create...

Freebies: A Way Out, Portal, Tite Clothing, Hell Butterfly.

-400 Section Of The Soul Society. Ooh, DIY afterlives?!
-600 Training Room. I feel like I live in a world of cardboard...

+100 Ten More Years! Sure, why not.
+100 No Souvenirs. Thanks at least for the memories.
+200 Normal Friends. My companions don't have powers anyway, they're AI.
+400 Plot-Bound. Although since I'm here ten years early, the rails may soon be gone.

Any suggestions on what to spend the 200pp on?

You're doing the gods' work, and your ability to receive and act on constructive criticism is a credit to jump-makers.

Thank you so much!

Jumpers, have you reclaimed the holy land yet?

Deus Vult.

>Hey mardukth Do the Hellclaw Boots count as armor For the purposes of exalted martial arts?
Nope, they don't count as armor. They're basically a fusion of God-Kicking Boots and Perfected Boots, except Hell-ified.

>Hey, if you have more than one Exaltation Do the essence pools stack?
That's basically fanwank. Personally I'd say no.

>I think the current consensus from Mardukth is that Peripheral essence pools stack but not internal.
I ruled absolutely nothing on that.

...But for the record, that's not how I do it for my own chain.

I'm running with a setup that folds all the pools into one, taking the best of each. Since Essence is Essence.

Currently (with Lunars already added in advance) it'll be:
>Personal:
Essence x3 (Infernal) +Willpower x2 (Lunar) +Breeding (Dragon-Blooded)
>Peripheral:
Essence x7 (Infernal) +Willpower x2 (Lunar) +Highest Virtue x4 (Lunar) +Sum of other Virtues (Sidereal/Infernal) +Breeding (Dragon-Blooded) +Motepool expander Charms (Infernals/Lunars/Spirits)

...Not entirely sure where in this calculation you'd fit Secret Power Slumbering from Mortals Gaunlet though.

>problem is the charmset that revolves around their battle form kind of shapeshifting they have is apparently inferior to Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai, a single Infernal charm belonging to a Yozi who isn't even famous for being a shapeshifter.
...Nah, that's blatantly false. Sure, you can get more mutations for less mores with Devil-Tyrant Avatar, but that's literally all it does it does better. Lunars get more freedom to shapeshift into whatever, and can get those mutations anyway if they like (which unlike Devil-Tyrant Avatars, they can keep active all the time for no cost).

Speaking of Lunars, going to try and post another WIP somewhere today.

Something odd just occurred to me in the Duel Monsters Heroes jump. Polymerization is a perk, but the other "fusion" abilities are all listed as powers.

I don't care enough to ask for it to be changed, but it's bugging me enough that I want to hear the rationale for it if someone who knows happens to be on.

>thinks back to his various internal realm perks

bitch I am the holy land!

That's #7. #9 was the final one. Read Bleach, or at least browse the wiki. Jumping it without knowing the plot or anything in it is just plain stupid.

Champion.

Further question - with MK ULTRA, can you choose what powers will awaken, or is it luck of the draw depending on the natural talents of the person you're enhancing?

So I could be both Jesus and Muhammad and fuck with both religions?

That is a wonderful idea,but technically it would be a three-way split between the two of them and your origin.

So, Jumpers, what are the essential tenets of your religion?

Give me pizza

Dont be a dick.

Help where you can.

Have hope.

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes.

1. Try not to be an asshole.
2. If your god is being an asshole, maybe find a new god.
3. Seriously, just don't be an asshole.

What would be an interesting Stand for a guildmaster? Of a crafting guild, not an adventuring guild.

Sure there are a ton of generic 'makes it easier to craft' pragmatic concepts, but nothing I can think of is interesting which is too boring for JJBA.

>what are the essential tenets of your religion?

Be an asshole
God hates you
Everything is pointless

Chop Shop

Can judo-chop things into multiple smaller versions of things. The effect is temporary on living things, but on inanimate objects it is permanent. The user controls how many objects are created, and the relative size of each of those replicates.

It's hard to fight when you have four extra tiny arms instead of a regular arm, and hard to chase a person if one of your legs is in fact two half-sized legs.

Also, all the tiny gears! "we can't make this small enough" my ass!

Love is a force stronger than hate... always.

Pick up a weapon only when necessary, but don't put it down before the job is done.

Remember the lessons of the past.

Season your food properly.

Steak continues to cook once removed from the heat.

Sometimes the world doesn't need a hero, it needs a friend.

.reclaimed

....Yes, yes, I've...reclaimed quite a few Holy Lands. I keep them on a shelf in the warehouse.

>Love is a force stronger than hate... always.
Mind-rape isn't love, m8.

>Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle, Jumper?"
>"Why, Luthor, that's a terrific idea!"

That is ridiculous and I love it.
Thank you, dude.

But what if you really love to hate?

Have a Chrono Trigger Triple Tech instead of a response.

People keep telling me the range of mutations covers pretty much every shape you'd need to shift into? At this point it's hard to tell when Lunars losing has become a meme.

The bad news: While faffing around in the outer expanse of existence in Justice League Dark, my main self accidentally bumped into Prayala, goddess of the void.

Who saw me in all my glory, got an unclean urge to absorb multiverses for the first time in aeons and promptly attempted to wake up early.

The good news: I was able to talk her down, but not before letting her into a pod to see how the rest of the multiverse gets along without cycles of creation and destruction.

The unpredictable news: After meeting the Clouds of Darkness she too started to enjoy fashion design. And they were talking about expanding their chain to all voids in all multiverses. Apparently word spreads quickly, because Umor's started wearing god-leather handbags and the last time I summoned Great Ones they were wearing Louis Vuitton's trendiest dresses.

I...may have created a dark future where fabulous eldritch abominations have catwalk pose-offs with each other.

1. All things must strive
2. Your god helps those who help themselves
3. Check your damn iShrines. No seriously people, I have a very clearly labeled selection of miracles available for specific tasks carried out in my name, and your worshipper benefits program already includes a guaranteed afterlife.
4. Also, dental.

My Jumper follows a bastardize version of Buddhism.

1.) Kill only for survival & protection of others.
2.) No unwanted sexual activity
3.) No lying, no vulgar/rude speech, no insigating.

Other than meditation, and looking for enlightenment it doesn't have much to do with Buddhism I admit. However my Jumper likes the Buddhist tapestry. Like the saffron robes, prayer beads, shaved head, martial arts.

Actually this gives me an idea. Are there any ways to take a large chunk of land and transplant it? I think this could help my inner world.

Or maybe I should plop a few supcom robo matter builders in there to add onto it and put them under the command of my 3rd circle demon I have in there.

Maybe find a way to put my mtg lands in there when one of the new jumps come out. I mean I have a white mana land from innistrad and a lot of stuff that plops stuff down from jumps, I figure I could put some stuff in there maybe...

Any other ideas for adding property to an inner world?

>4. Also, dental.
Holy shit, sign me up. Would you like an arm too? Maybe a leg?

What if you love to destroy the things that you love and there is nothing that you don't love?

>Both questions
Maybe consider some professional help? A hobby? Or perhaps just a slice of cake.

>People keep telling me the range of mutations covers pretty much every shape you'd need to shift into? At this point it's hard to tell when Lunars losing has become a meme.
Eh. Sort of, not really. Like, you can get really big or small with them, and get wings or other appendages, or whatever else?

So you can get a /lot/ of utility out of mutations, and get all of those you want with Devil-Tyrant. But honestly, if you just want utility mutations for something (like, say, you want to fly with a Wings mutation), Lunars do that easier without going into a monstrous super mode.

Mutations will give you tentacles, but won't let you be an octopi. They won't let you turn into a fly a on the wall (best they can do is make you a foot tall or something), nor will they let you turn into a fox or whatever. And this is before getting into supernatural shapes, or other shifting upgrades.

Besides, for all the absurd amounts of mutation points Devil-Tyrant Avatar get, they're still locked into those. On the other hand, a Lunar can just decide to get whatever mutations they want whenever they want.

(Not like mutations are generally very useful in combat either, apart from wings and the size-shifting ones.)

So yeah, Lunars losing is pretty much a meme. I mean, sure, I'm not saying they're /good/. They're terrible as a rule. Bad at a lot of things, and often Silver Solars but worse.

But they do have their good points.

Why give people false hope? Why feed them lies about the world instead of helping them deal with it as best they can?

Preserving the Land, from Legend of Mana. Though it brings the area's history with it where it goes. Nothing major, but people will act as if that city or mountain or whatever was always there.

Legend of Mana has the Preserve the Land perk.Be sure to read the notes.

I always wondered about dental. Would Evercleanse bodymod stop bad breath & needing to brush your teeth? Everyone talks about getting rid of having to go poop/pee. However what about plaque on the teeth (assuming you have teeth) and bad breath?

Nah, I haven't accepted those since the great Bicep Heresy of '89 AD when two different cults declared jihad on each other over someone drawing a rune on the crystal prosthetic limbs I handed out. These days THOSE get replaced following a strict template, and membership's based on futures trading. As in, prospective worshippers sell me parts of their destiny to control.

But loaning use of your soul does grant full cult coverage of travel expenses and up to 3% in the local branch's stock options!

Hmm. Fair enough.

Man, affirmation bias is a POWERFUL source of spiritual energy. Why do you think little girls and also Black Mage use it to fuel their ultimate energy attacks? D'you have any idea how much power you can get out of a human soul thinking happy thoughts about the future? It's like comparing a supply of boron-11 to the coal of despair; ridiculous short term energy output versus sustainability. In an increasingly interdimensionalised multiverse, false hope really is the high-risk high-reward soul cultivation scheme for the up-and-coming metaphysical investor!

>Not designing a bacteria that can out-compete the mouth bacteria in the human mouth, one which doesn't produce acidic wastes or smell terrible.

But can I love-hate the cake?

Why wouldn't it? I mean, I can't imagine it makes your breath smell minty fresh, but it should stop bad breath and tooth decay. That's a pretty basic part of personal hygiene and it seems silly that the perk would overlook it.

ASA/Garlock, you're a hoot, you know that?

Wouldn't that lead to your fresh breath being contagious? Everyone you kiss suddenly doesn't ever need to brush their teeth again.

... That sounds like a Harem anime set in a Dentist's office.

No. You can only eat it.

Why does that woman have a glowing smiley face on her forehead?

>Wouldn't that lead to your fresh breath being contagious? Everyone you kiss suddenly doesn't ever need to brush their teeth again.
That's the best part!

>That sounds like a Harem anime set in a Dentist's office.
Wouldn't that lead to the dentist going out of business, though?

How much does the POWER OF THE SPIRAL cost?

She's a Twilight-caste Solar Exalted. They have the worst caste mark out of all the Solars. It's meant to look sort of like a setting sun. It does not. You'd think you could have applied your transcendent perfection in all things to some graphic design skills, Sol Invictus!

That's the Mark of the Twilight Caste. It's supposed to resemble the sunset, but comes closer to a smiley face, yes.

>best part!
That's honestly really inventive. I may have to steal that idea.

>going out of business, though?
And that's where the anime bit kicks in. The Main Character is a trained dentist and just wants to do his job, make a living, but is constantly broke because all his patients end up kissing him and having their teeth eternally cleansed.

"Because I have studied the art of cleaning teeth, I have attained Enlightenment! The bacteria of my mouth have been TRAINED through my studies to seek out and destroy plaque and bad breath!"

>Harem anime in dental school

Fund it!

It's too late.

That's hilarious.
>Invincible god-kings wielding primordial power
>Can never look menacing or intimidating because there's a goddamn happy-face emoticon on their forehead

Is Val still awake, I wanted to know about my question from last night

Psssssh.

If you have to ask about the Spiral Exaltation, you can't afford it

I have been an owl, yes.

Well, if this series operates under harem logic the dentist is probably a super genius who cultivates different kinds of bacteria for different kinds of fresh mouth smell. Because all harem animes cannot have meaningful conflicts that have nothing to do with harems, so technology always hovers somwhere between post-scarcity and "at least not in an actual recession".

Also the dentist is probably a titty monster.

...yep.

You really have to wonder just how many devas/Primordials asked the very same question during the Primordial War.

I want to believe part of the Ebon Dragon's surrender terms was being allowed to draw the googly eyes right above each Twilight's caste mark, completing the look until they got annoyed and shaping defence'd it away.

so, warframes. The way the jump reads they are like remotely piloted mini evas rather than say remotely piloted minigundams. Would this be an accurate analogy? If so, could a warframe be cybernetically augmented?

Weird idea, but if you went to Alola during your PMT jump and learned the movements for Z-Powers, then in a later jump went to Avatar or The Legend of Korra, would it make sense for the Z-Moves of applicable types (Water and Ice for water bending, etc) be valid bending techniques?

I'm just imagining how hilarious some of them would be to bust out. Imagine Zuko or Mako having to do the Catastropika dance for a lightning bending technique.

>And that's where the anime bit kicks in. The Main Character is a trained dentist and just wants to do his job, make a living, but is constantly broke because all his patients end up kissing him and having their teeth eternally cleansed. "Because I have studied the art of cleaning teeth, I have attained Enlightenment! The bacteria of my mouth have been TRAINED through my studies to seek out and destroy plaque and bad breath!"
Shit, I'd watch that. It's a much better hook for why the MC doesn't just lay back and enjoy the harem.

Warframes themselves are completely robotic. They are remotely piloted robots that are in no way biological.

Tenno, the people controlling the Warframes, biologicals hidden away on the moon. Which is invisible or something. I haven't caught up on the latest lore completely yet.

So, short version, they're robots. Install whatever you want into them.

How would I go about cleansing Middle-Earth of both Eru and Morgoth's influence, as well as that of their minions?

How does one break through dimensional barriers?

Sting and Spin

I'm thinking making them remotely piloted alpha lantern robots would be fun(then I don't have to go completely without my own nifty abilities, just most of them).

I like it.

Aren't those related to attack through all dimensions rather than breaking barriers? And I don't think that the spin actually did break dimensional barriers. It broke a 'causality manipulation' barrier and chased the victim through dimensions.

I'd say they're probably closer to Diebuster than Evangelion. They're mechanical, but biomimetic machines based in advanced nanotechnology. Living metal would be a good way to describe them. So yeah, you could give them cybernetics, it's just adding a new part to a machine. Maybe you'd have some issues integrating such comparatively crude structures into them, but it wouldn't be impossible.

Just make sure to take the tech perks in Warframe. The Tenno are pretty unique creations and all but impossible to reproduce without a lot of trial and error with a large body count, unless you know what you're doing. The Warframes themselves are pretty advanced technology too.

not familiar with diebuster
I've got those plus a ton of other such perks from elsewhere, companions that can give me temporary tinker abilities, tinker companions with mad skills, perks and local perks of this nature and my cybernetics are pretty much all nanite based these days anyway(after a lot of upgrading and mixing of tech, really more picobot than nanite but nanite is more recognizable).

Stand up for yourself and others.
Always be honest and good to others.
Seek knowledge.
Find your own path in life.

>not familiar with diebuster
Oh, it's great. Sequel to Gunbuster, one of Anno's earlier works. That also had biomimetic mecha, though less advanced ones. But the Buster Machines in Diebuster all have a pretty organic appearance under their armor, despite not being biological in nature. It's just that when you're going for an integrated nanomachine super-colony, basing it off of cellular structures works pretty well.

sounds neat.

Thou shall Always try harder when Thou Fails.
Thou shall maximize freedom at all times
Thou shall strive to be better than Thy was yesterday.
Thou shalt be a bastion for Thy loved ones.
Thou shall strive to Help thy fellows Be better than they were yesterday.
Love, friendship, And effort Shall always lead to victory.
Thou shall defend those who cannot defend themselves.
Thou shall not allow power to be abused.
Thou shall Pay evil onto Evil,Using the methods of evil if necessary.
Thou shalt show kindness and respect to all thy meet until thou is disrespected.

I both have a perk for that and I've copied a superpower that a companion has that does that, of course, that's only for certain definitions of dimensional barrier.

>perk for that
Care to elaborate?

... You shoved Spiral Power in an Exaltation?

There is a Nazi Knife in the World of Darkness that would be happy to help with that.

Wow, I did Nazi that coming, what a knife guy.

dimensional slash/Pierce/smash from overlord the series,it's not an Perk perk, but if you take realm of heroes and level 100 as a damage focused warrior You gain a super move that can bypass all forms and Defense except not being where it hits.

Resolving questions from the last thread

Gate and portal is 2 way, but the mod soul has the powers (for portal) not you.

You need to consume them in resurreccion, but can access powers outside of it

Overkiller lasts for a short time after you deactivate it, but you can probably improve it with training

The afterlife can be whatever you wish for

there's no advantage to sever your chain really, that's just fluff.

sorry was meant for you .

>1. Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n Roll.
>2. Booze, too.
>3. Do what you will.
>4. Don't be a pussy.
>5. Never surrender, you little bitch.
>6. Praise the sun, faggot.
>7. The Colt Single Action Army is the greatest handgun ever made.
>8. The 1911 is the second greatest.
>9. Don't worship me.
>10. I fucking mean it, you little shit.

First, I was asking for a form to bypass dimensional barriers like the ones that Scion has to shield the world where he hides his main body, not attacking through all dimensions.

Also, you don't need the Realm of Heroes to get Dimensional Slash. Just the Damage Focused class as a lvl100 warrior origin.

>You need to consume them in resurreccion, but can access powers outside of it
Thanks. Is it only spiritual powers or what? Are there any limitations on it?