Must feed off the Materium to survive

>must feed off the Materium to survive
>constantly trying to destroy the Materium
What did the Chaos gods mean by this?

They don't require the materium to survive. They are eternal and immortal in the Warp where there is end or beginning.

Checks and balances between the Gods' actions.

>tfw in the end Slaanesh will wane and the Horned Rat will become the 5th Chaos God

Chaos is self-defeating.

Also chaos time is non-linear so even if they destroy the materium and neutralize the Warp they still exist at all times. Slaanesh existed and acted on the universe before his own creation.

Materium affects the shape Warp takes, though. There was this little thing called War in Heaven you know...

The paradoxical nature of their behaviour is proof Malal/Malice exists, at least in 40k.
Just as Khorne's energy made the gods actually act, Tzeencht make the gods battle and Slaanesh make the gods 2edgy4u, Malal makes them act insane without realising.

At least, that is how we rationalised it in my LGS

>Chaos is self-defeating.

>Archaon conquered multiple universes and realities in the name of the Chaos Gods
>The Chaos Gods continue grow strong from the banquet of souls and destruction. Their dominion over the multiverse proceeds apace with no force capable of denying them for too long
>Somehow anons think they are self defeating when they do nothing but win

And this is the reason 40K and AoS/WHFB are incompatible lorewise.

Nice old canon you got there. Here is the new canon, the Warp was already infested by Chaos daemons way before the War in Heaven started.

It has so infested that he Old Ones constructed Daemon Cages all over the galaxy to capture and contain billions of daemons and isolate them from the Warp. They even constructed the Webway because they feared the horrors lurking in the depths of the Warp.

Mister Be'lakor himself has memories of the first Necrontyr necropolis and first Eldar homeworlds.

What race is he then? I thought, at that time, no other races existed besides Old Ones, Eldar and the Necrons so where did he come from?

Nope, the Chaos Gods are one and the same. Having the same goal which is the destruction and enslavement of reality. The whole "self defeating" bullscrap is not true.

The reason why Chaos didn't consume the galaxy isn't because they are holding back or whatever. The reason is that the Necron Pylons were lifting the galaxy above the Warp. If they didn't exist, then the galaxy would have sunk into the Warp a long time ago. The pylons narrative wise act like the two portals in the poles of the WHFB world. Now many of the pylons have been destroyed and the power of Chaos has increased within real space. The Eye of Terror was unleashed and it began the process of devouring the galaxy.

Never liked the newer canon, I stick with the old one I grew up with thank you very much.

Human. He comes from the WHFB/AoS universe. He migrated to 40K after he failed in Fantasy End Times. This is his second chance.

And there were other races beside those three. Plenty. I mean come on this is basic stuff.

>Nope, the Chaos Gods are one and the same
Universes have been separated from 4e at least, they're not the same. Winds of magic is not compatible with 40k pysker stuff.

I don't think so. Liber Chaotica which is a 3th/4th ED publication confirms that Fantasy and 40K exist in the same multiverse.

Also in the twin release of daemon army book and codex the WD issue at the time said that the daemon characters in both books are the one and the same in both universes.

Also-also in the advent Draigo story, Draigo sees a world where the Sorcery blows in the wind and where a God Emperor is all that stands between it and the powers of the Chaos Gods.

Found the related text.

>I see an old world beyond the next horizon – a world that likely never was, where sorcery blew in the very winds and a self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers.

>Mayhap I would find the answer there, if I could find it at all.

-Advent-Draigo (short story)

It's totally the Warhammer world.

Magic the wind.

A god king (Sigmar).

An old world!

>a world that likely never was
>since 4e

If you insist on them bring the same, then you have to accept that Stormcastartes are gonna show up eventually and team up with the imperium to slap chaos fag shit.

Draigo is 5th ED and this story is 6th ED.

>a world that likely never was

That's because Draigo understands how time woks. Things exist and don't exist at the same time in the Warp.

But anyways, Draigo implies that he might go to that world in the story. Years later, a giant silver knight who wears strange armor and speaks in a strange manner appears in the fantasy End Times helping the heroes before disappearing out of the story.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

You're overreacting cheeky references by the authors.

They aren't connected

Nope, there hasn't been an official source that says they are not connected while we have plenty of official sources saying they are. Deal with it.

A little story about Draigo is not an official source saying they're connected. Once upon a time fantasy battles was literally a universe inside a bottle in 40k

GW backed away and made them separate.

There's no proof that those stories are referencing the Warhammer Fantasy universe or that the silver knight is Draigo. It's just assumptions on your part.

Nope, like I said the Liber Chaotica (again which is a 4th ED book) confirms that they are connected. It's more than the Draigo story.

You on the other hand have literally no proof at all.

Old World
God King
Magic in the Wind

Can it get more obvious?

And a giant strange silvered knight appearing in the Warp to aid the fantasy heroes before popping off the story is just some random guy? I don't think so.

All circumstantial. There's literally no proof.

Also the Warhammer comics (at the time 4th ED towards 5th ED) had a little skit panel about a Warrior of Chaos and Ultramarine who got lost in the Warp and found themselves looked in a dimension with each other where they see their universes stories okay out. They narrate and comment about the stories of the comics.

More like intentional and heavy handed poking at something we already knew.

What books did he apperar in?

End Times Glotkin. When Araloth and his partner visit Nurgle's Garden to save a poxfulcrum.

So tl;dr chaos is overpowered and can't be beten and there is absolutely no hope at all under any circumstances?

Welcome to 40k.

It can be delayed but it cannot be truly defeated

Yes, if all that has been described was real, you would have an argument, but it isn't. It's all written and comes from the minds of people trying to tell a story. When circumstantial evidence is all over the place in a story it usually indicated the writer(s) are pushing a point of view with a bit of subtlety and adhering to the "show, don't tell" rule of storytelling.

You may think that but we can't possibly know for certain. It's very vague.

In fact we do.

>chaos entities are born from reflection of psychic activity in realspace
>neutralizing realspace would neutralize chaos entities
>chaos entities want to neutralize real-space
>chaos entities want to neutralize themselves.

Thinking isn't hard, user, it's okay to try.

Also it doesn't matter because of the second part
>chaos time is non-linear so even if the gods get together and deliberately kill themselves they can act on real-time after that event.

Even if the chaos gods only existed for a tenth of a second in 1981 and then disappeared forever, they would still effectively exist forever because they can do an infinite number of actions upon any point in any timeline during that tenth of a second.

Reading fluff is too hard is it? Ignoring all your bullshit lets see what the main codexes say about Chaos winning?

It says that the Chaos Gods will destroy all life, time, and space in the galaxy. There will be nothing but Chaos. They won't disappear. They can't disappear.

I don't think there is a single piece of fluff that even supports the fact that they would disappear if life vanished suddenly.

>I don't think there is a single piece of fluff that even supports the fact that they would disappear if life vanished suddenly.
Wasn't that more or less what happen with AoS?
All of space and life just went poof and the gods were still there but weak as all fuck. I'm not to femmilar with the AoS lore but it would seam that they can still exists but without a lot of their powers.

No, man. Just read the final paragraph of the End Times.

The Chaos Gods got bored after they won and set the world destruction on auto before leaving to invade other worlds and realities.

Skavens accidentaly contact Eldars with an experimental model of the Farsqueak

Actually, it was a Slaan device and they just heard voices that were familiar to the Elves.

Emperor is a Chaos God too now. Even if Warp merges with the Materium the war will continue.

Yea, sorry, skaven were using it after razing the temple city but still

>point it to the star
>hear elves

Can it get even more obivious?

>Migrated from fantasy

Speaking of talking about old canon that no longer applies.

What do you mean? Be'lakor was in Fall of Cadia.

>it's very vague
I'm not even that guy but... no. No its not. It's not vague in the fucking slightest.

>two intelijent too understand basic "show don't tell" story telling
Im guessing any literature above a third grade level is absolutely baffling to you if you need to be spoonfed facts and can only take things at face value. it is much to your benefit that GW is switching all of their games to 8+, maybe then you'll actually be able to understand the fluff

They aren't trying to destroy the Materium. Their minions think that's the plan. But the real plan is to keep the emotion farm running forever.

Chaos' real enemies are the Necrons and the Tyranids because neither of which the Immaterium can feed upon.

Or at least that's my personal theory on things.

Chaos getting condensed into monolithical, coherent entities and absolute truths was a mistake.
Everything worked out better when the Chaos Gods were just amalgamations of a huge spectrum of the warp. Enforcing the idea that they are singular entities made it way too dumb and killed the incomprehensibility of the entire concept of Chaos and choked off the both-ways influence relationship that the Warp and Sentients have.

They're basically drug addicts. Emotion powers them, so they want to set things up so they feel more, no matter how destructive it is in the long term. They would probably get more emotion if they dialed it back, but they don't care, they just want a bigger high.

Other than that, Chaos barely cares about the Materium since the Emperor was put on the Golden Throne so long as the spice...I mean blood...I mean emotions flow. Their attacks are more like reminders that "we're here, better keep being grimdark and generating all those sweet sweet emotions for us to feed on".

Yes they do you you casual steaming pile of shit. If humanity dies they will depower massively. They want to enslave humanity.

>itt geedubs quality writing

I can get behind this, necrons want to shut the warp down. In shadowbrink it even says chaos views the tyranids as wolves, hunting down their livestock

Not the guy you're talking to but if all life was gone, hell if all psychic life was gone, they would have not way to further influence the materium at all. That was what the Necrons tried to do when they fought the old ones, but failed once the old ones made the eldar which where a huge psychic influence on the galaxy. It is because the Eldar came into being that there was a strong enough psychic force to even begin affecting the warp.

The Emperor is an Order God, if any such term exist.

There's some implications/potential retcons that the silver guy was one of the Sigmarines.
There's more implications that the AoS "Aelfs" were the ones they spoke to. Blame GW.

That is the idea of Chaos Undivided. If the Empyrean gains unlimited entrance to the Materium it will become an allpowerful God.

Because Chaos and the Chaos Gods are jokes. Parodies of the people that are unironically into them/agree with them or are otherwise Chaos apologists ("We -need- them because Khorne represents honor, Slaanesh is love, etc. etc. i'm talking out of my ass to justify my adoration for Warhammer's BBEGs"). Chaos is inherently incompetent, directionless (despite pretending to have direction (Tzeentch)), pretentious and composed of mewling pseudo-philosophical fuckwits that only make it more of a hassle for everyone else.

The gods are just amalgamations of negative emotion in a very literal magical realm that is influenced by the thoughts of most sentient life. They're only as strong as we make them; the Eldar have the right idea in that by restraining yourself, taking care of yourself and maintaining a sense of hygiene, you're denying the gods.

They're not trying to destroy reality in the strictest sense; they want to drag everything into the Warp and fuck with it for eternity. Nobody who suffers such a fate truly dies, because a final death would be far too merciful. They experience an existence of torment as the playthings of Chaos forever, endlessly renewed and recycled in new shapes and forms as the Dark Gods desire.

If every living thing just up and died in realspace for some unrelated reason, like some Necron cockslapping the entire Celestial Orrery at once, Chaos would be fucked. They Gods have enough mojo going to be self-sufficient if they're careful, but by definition it's against their nature to be temperate and restrained.
Slaanesh would burn out first for certain. You can look at the Fall for a comprehensive study on how it deals with the "finite power supply" issue. Khorne and Tzeentch could last for a while on the output of the Lake of Blood and internal politicking respectively, but in each case it's a closed system. They can only shrink from there. Nurgle would almost certainly survive to the end, since all he really needs to do to exist is to do nothing. He's the unchanging stasis after the end of all things.