JumpChain CYOA Thread #1388: Love Blooms on the Battlefield Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/V7X6cFXN
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40923697/#40927788
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Aaand we're back!

Jump #271: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
>The Chariot, reversed: Lack of discipline and poor direction fan the flames of a situation already out of control.
Mistakes were made, but c'mon, who's surprised by this by now?
>Age: Old
>Location: The Moon
Listening to Rita whining about everything for centuries is DEFINITELY the way to go. Yeeeah.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: 10,000 Years In Prison (+300)
REGRETS. ENDLESS REGRETS. Argh.
>Color Change (1250, Drop-In)
Well, it's more permanent than a coloring charm.
>Sixth Ranger (1050, Drop-In)
Technically wouldn't this be seventh? I mean, I'm not planning on actually stealing the green ranger's spot, no matter how much of an insufferable Mary Sue the canon sixth ranger is.
>It's Morphin' Time (850)
Sometimes it doesn't hurt to be able to change forms instantaneously. With what I've got for alt forms, it's pretty quick, but it's been limited. And the larger the size change, the longer it takes.
>Teamwork (450)
Frankly the most interesting part of this perk is that a few hours of practice is sufficient to pass it on to others. You can bet I'll be using THAT aspect in the future.
>Sparks (350)
Sometimes you have to make a point. Whether a hit is effective or not, it's nice to know you're having an impact.
>Dragon Shield (300, Drop-In)
Gold is tacky, but it fits, I suppose.
>Power Morpher (200)
As terrible as spandex is, I'll be using it anyway. No mecha though; just means the canon rangers have to save the day.
>Sword of Darkness (0)
You know what's funny? I don't think I have any swords that are actually magic, yet. I mean, the Sword of Polaris thing means that I AM a sword, so to speak, but it does not so much GIVE me a sword. And this one has some nice qualities; I think I'll keep it.

MOTHERFUCKER CRUX YOU GOT ME GOOD.

FUCKING WELL PLAYED SIR.

So riddle me this. When is a power ranger not a power ranger? When they end up in the universe from the 1995 movie rather than the sentai show. The white(!) ranger was part of the lineup from the start, apparently, and that skews a great many things. For instance, when Goldar attacked Angel Grove, it merited a full blown military response. It wasn't overly effective, but HEAT shells proved to not be totally ineffective against giant monsters.

So! This basically means the stakes are a little higher. No, the monsters aren't just going out and murdering people en masse (not dumb enough to take THAT drawback here), but it does mean that I can't follow the plot with meta-knowledge, and it also means that the monsters fight a little smarter and actually use some degree of tactics. And that everything does not automatically happen in quarries and open fields, but in the city itself. It also means that the plot doesn't get retarded and end up in space later, but... yeah. Tech on Earth is slightly ahead of the curve, moon missions in the 90's were unexpected but apparently the case. On the plus side, the armor looks somewhat better. yeah?

Once free, I go to Earth and try to blend in, and get a job as a substitute teacher at a certain high school which permits me to disappear as needed and keep a variable schedule. Then pop into the command center after the rangers get recruited and have a quick heart-to-heart with Zordon. Explain I was dropped in from another dimension, ended up here and am definitely not a villain - quite the opposite, in fact - and want to help out. End up on the team, not fighting on the front lines 80% of the time, but actively training the other rangers. Because I have training perks up the wazoo, and due to the amped up opposition, they're going to need it.

Fun fact: gold armor goes surprisingly well with black spandex. Being the gold ranger and only making occasional appearances when things merit it seems the way to go.

So. Two years in. Ivan Ooze attacks. Which is patently ridiculous, incidentally. But once I realized I was in the movieverse... well, I'm not going to deny I had been waiting for this opportunity for quite a while. Even though he wreaks havoc on the command center and basically half-kills Zordon.

>"Oh the things that I have missed! The black plague! The Spanish Inquisition!"
"Your mother slobbering all over my sword."
>"Who the hell- OH. OH GOD WHY."

Did you know that Ivan Ooze remains weak versus nut shots? I ended up regretting that precisely twelve seconds later as I was blasted through the doors, but MAN was that satisfying. Also I didn't get the ninja upgrade that everyone else did, but that's okay, because my powers run on fiat and not the local power source.

Things... started to calm down after that, for the most part, monster-of-the-week became monster-of-the-month, but they got bulked up. Zedd's also a scary motherfucker when he wants to be.

So years of steady escalation... I basically retired after a while and just stayed on to train people and make appearances once or twice a season in fights, Rita and Zedd were the villains for significantly longer than in the show, and when they were finally replaced by the Machine Empire, it was a full blown invasion rather than the formulaic bullshit you would normally see. The rangers did an admirable job, but they could only be in so many places at once. And so force was met with force - because Earth hadn't been sitting on its laurels. (I may have been subtly helping them.)

Funny how after Earth nuked their base of operations on the moon, the remaining two years got REAL quiet.

oh my god how did i just write up this much shit for power rangers. damn you jumpchain.

Ok lets try this again!

I am looking over the german hollow quest now and I am thinking of going in as a dinosaur hollow. The only problem is I am not sure what the difference is between them and a normal hollow, what is the difference here?

Since it seems to be in vogue- What Jump makers would you pair up and why?

Tell us your OTPs so we can tell you how you're wrong plebs.

Let the shit begin

What. No, wait, seriously, what. Shipping actual people? I don't think it works that way.

Were you paying attention last thread?

You underestimate my powah.

Are you kidding? I'm not even paying attention THIS thread.

>Shipping makers
You are a strange person. You shall be purged in the coming crusade.

You can't stop the power of lurve.

Heavens and Digger obviously OTP

Well, we have at least 3 canon ships. Spider and DungeonAnon are the first. Val and Bee the second and Val and Alipheese the third.

After that, it's guessing time. I'd put Dog and Cats together, they seem very similar in style and it'd be a cute twist to get the opposing animal theme.

Dirge and ASA obviously have dat star crossed lovers thing, with one or the other sneaking off from this forum or the other to meet.

Digger and Heavens would obviously do the senpai-kouhai thing but Bodacious user would be there to mix things up in the second act and turn it into a love triangle.

Worm's the thread bike of course, at least until his shining knight in armour comes to rescue him and become his one true love. Who'd fit the role? We certainly have a bunch of do gooders in the thread.

What is a good jump to deus vult in?

Also we really need a dantes inferno jump, that game had the best imagery.

But ASA isn't a jumpmaker and Dirge is dead.

>Val in a threesome with a guy and a girl
why is life this unfair

40k is the designated DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DESU

Because you touch yourself at night.

Commorragh you could burn that Hodgepodge they call the world to ash and it would at Worst be a mercy killing.

OneArmedAnon and SixStrings are starcrossed lovers. I know it in my heart.

Anyone have a copy of the new bleach jump?

Here you go.

Speaking of the new Bleach jump, REBORNanon, is the Vanish power toggleable and can it be used to be undetectable without having to also invoke the amnesia effect?

My build for Greek Myth jump
pastebin.com/V7X6cFXN

I wrote out the challenges and how I solved them

What's it like knowing no one will ever love you while the people you despise most are in happy relationships?

i've had love so I Wouldn't know

Isn't bancho married IRL? Even if he's an idiot he's just an idiot in this small circle.

It's alright Bancho. You don't need to lie. We don't expect you to have been loved. It'll be easier if you just admit the truth.

For once I agree with Tera.
Burn Commorragh to ASH.

I'm not married IRL but until around Five or so months ago I was in a serious relationship for like three years.

If it helps any, I think I once heard that Worm knew Alera_user IRL. Off the top of my head, Marvel_user was a cool guy, but he doesn't show up too often.

I'm actually much better at socializing when I have facial cues and stuff. I'm seriously not this awkward in person and I'm sociopathic, which many women mistake as confidence. plus I am an excellent Chef, no one has eaten my Hex topple chocolate ice cream sandwiches and not wound up in my bed.

And you somehow managed to lower my opinion of you below what it was before. I honestly did not think that was possible.

Are you actively trying to come of as skeevy here Bancho? Because it's working.

newsflash I am honestly mentally ill! this doesn't mean people will not have feelings for me or that I will not have feelings for people

This is bancho, I'm not surprised at all. His concepts of what's acceptable and what should be kept hidden aren't the same as others.

Konata/ASA would be best ship if either made jumps. Notice how whenever one shows up, the other appears soon after?

do you People not like chocolate? I don't get what I did wrong here

Try to convince people who perceive you as Chris-chan you have sex appeal.

That's it, really.

>Not shipping Konata/Red

You see, most people exhibit sociopathic tendencies, but generally you hide that so that people don't have any reasons to put up their guard. Similarly, you don't boast about things, even if they're technically true based on anecdotal evidence, because underselling yourself is similarly useful for getting past people's external defenses. It's a matter of how you act, and knowing when to put up which facade. Sociopaths tend to learn this relatively early for the most part.

Bancho. Generally, boasting about being a sociopath, along with how women never figure it out, and immediately proceeding to boast about how you lure women into bed with you, generally DOES NOT COME OFF WELL.

I'm 6 foot even and eloquent for a Chunk of girls that's enough
Yeah, but I honestly didn't think I could get you folks to think any less or more of me than you already do.

>Not shipping Quicksilver and Red

It's not like they never Figure it out,It takes a couple of years and it's not like I put anything in the ice cream sandwiches Or something creepy,I make dinner for my dates and they seem to like it. What's creepy about that?

Not everyone has seen you around for the whole period that you've been around, and you've admittedly managed to hide things a little better than back in the old days. That's part of what all sociopaths need to do anyways, regardless of whether they think of themselves as sociopaths or not. If you can't blend in with society, you're giving them reason to shit on you.

Stop. Please stop talking. Good god just stop talking about this.

>not shipping Konata/Red/ASA

Konata truly has patrician taste

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40923697/#40927788

Warcraft dude: battle pets?

I dont even want to battle with them, I just think some would be cool to have as regular pets.

You sound just like Chris-chan.

Isn't the warcraft dude OAA in disguise again?

>milady
>no boyfriend free girls exist

No, and for gods' sake if you're trying to fuck up another jump being made at least gather fresher bait.

Hey Bancho. No one wants to hear about your love life. That's kind of stuff you keep to yourself. Not spreading it over the Internet.

DBAnon and Spider are confirmed but spider doesn't make jumps.
Worm x Everyone. the sexy waifu
Dog x Cats

Man this is 10/10 because it comes from you. You of all people

Jumpers!

Tell me which mundane musical instruments you have learned to play? Or if you have learned many, which instrument do you prefer?

The flute.

Bagpipes.

I don't have anything going this run, but I always end up going with the piano in the end.

Learnt many over time but Drums are still the ever fave.

Shipping real people, even as a joke, seems really creepy and I don't want to do it.

I spent quite a while learning lots of different instruments but I always come back to the classical guitar and the harp. They're perfect for calming down, or expressing myself while watching the first sunrise and last sunset of a jump.

>Not SDA
This seems slightly suspicious. . .

Enhanced Mastery + Corona Stimulants get me 1080 hours of practice for every hour I spend practicing.

As I mostly use Enhanced Mastery as an excuse to be lazy I rarely play for more than a couple of hours at a time despite this.

Favored instrument is the guitar but I initially tested EM on the banjo as I could already play guitar so it wouldn't have been quite as noticeable. My first act in Worm was to send one companion to destroy Slaughterhouse 9 while the other went out to go get me a banjo.

I meant to say that I could play most instruments due to EM but I didn't actually mentioned that so it sounds like I was just boasting about a great roll in Worm. Also I was boasting about a great roll in Worm.

I have no idea what you're talking about user.

SDA you should join us and make a Jump. It doesn't have to be fancy, but considering your handiwork with your Star Dust CYOA is godly, you'd do well.

We promise not to tell CYOAG.

All of them. Learning enhancement perks are the shit.

My preferred one? None really, but I remember while I was a simple cafe owner in Aqua, I would sometimes, just for giggles, play a bandolim I bought in one festival on a dare from Io.

Next thing you know, my cafe became the concert hall for the Marco Polo Piaza and I had to rename it "The Bandolim" because we had musicians, both pros and amateurs, coming in to join my weekly playing. This one time, Athena, Alicia, and Akira all showed up with their students, and then as I was playing, they sang along.

A guy could just lose himself in the result song, ya know? The best part? Every so often, one of them would come by after that one performance.

Go away SDA we have enough shitposters here. We don't need smug anime memers here as well.

I refuse

Telling Sandra to go just encourages them to stay and smug at you.

Well played.

Good. Make a jump please?

Unfortunately it is.

That asshole doesn't know when to give up and leave as he should.

[citation needed]

Maybe.
I will smug at you vehemently anyways, user.

He's referenced working on jumps Bloody Roar, Terra Formars, Killing Bites, and Van Helsing.

Looking at the general sub-par quality across that board, WoW's not going to be any better than Manyfist's version. In fact it's arguably going to be worse.

>implying implicit implications

Guys, do you not know how to read? That's clearly Not SDA, not SDA.

Double negative. That means its a positive therefore, it is SDA!

What is a good jump to start as a crusader knight so I can do a short chain starting as a crusader then going drop in and deus vulting a few settings. Probably keep it at less than 10 jumps or right at it so I can go through 100 years of crusading.

Well the obvious one is 40k, though that might be hard for a first jump

Overlord wouldn't be a bad choice. Lots of shitty kingdoms, and an entire Tomb of Nazarick that you can purge with holy flame.

in overlord the series you can become a one man army, and pull off an entire crusade by yourself

Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, and Victoria II jumps in the Paradox Grand Strategy folder.

Total War, Mount and Blade, ASoIaF and ActRaiser came to mind.

You could get the Armour of the Crusader in Morroblivion as well.

So
Overlord first could work
Crusader kings
Europa universalis
Victoria 2
Total War
Mount and Blade
ASoIaF
ActRaiser

Dinosaur Hollows seem stronger at base, but can only power up by eating souls, while human Hollows can meditate on their death aspect (and train?) to power up.

>Overlord first could work
Except you die horribly if you try to crusade against Nazarick as your first jump.

I guess you could join them and be the evil crusader?

No, Many, work with me. Not SDA, not SDA, not not SDA, not SDA.

Bleach question, if I am a shikigami but I buy the hollow capstone do I get 500 points to use in the hollow builder at the end?

Does anyone know if the drawback in Dragon Age: Inquisition that makes you the PC gives you the power to close the breaches?

I like drawbacks that make me the protagonist but I don't want to be left pissing in the wind if I need to close the breaches and can't due to not being blessed with a green particle effect.

Shikigami? What's that?
And yes, your SHINIgami can use the hollow builder points. You'd basically be a visored.

So, wait, Not SDA and not not SDA?