So it turns out Nasa are taking ideas for new planet names over on Twitter

So it turns out Nasa are taking ideas for new planet names over on Twitter..

Go Tweet: Cadia, Prospero, Deliverance, Maccrage, Krieg, Fenris, and Baal. Under the #7namesfor7newplanets

With our power we can begin to forge the imperium!

Fuck off.

no u

heh, muh crack

>Belgians discovered three of of the planets beforehand.
C'mon Nasa, that's bad etiquette.

>presidential candidates have political debates with each other over twitter
>NASA names new planets based on twitter posts

I'm really not liking this new generation to be honest, I expected the future to be different. Take me back to the analog.

Planety McPlanetface

Baal and Prospero seem like they might get through, unless NASA is doing it on pure popularity (something HitlerDidNothingWrong and boatymcboatyface should tell them is a poor idea)

Fuck co. Trappist is a Belgian beer. The planets should be named after trappist beers. Imagine being a kid living on Achel, and finding out your planet was named after an alcoholic beverage.

>boaty mcboatface
To be fair, they did name that one of the AUVs carried on the ship.

>Only the elite should have access to major events, discoveries, and breakthroughs not the unwashed masses.

I'll take the unwashed masses getting a little more unwashed and ignorant if it means they (we) actually have a voice in this sort of stupid shit.

Dune,
Tattoine,
Klendathu,
Gallifrey,
Vulcan,
Magrathea,
LV-426

lets just hope # 3 and #7 are uninhabited.

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus

I hope we got a Vegeta and a Krypton

>no one suggesting Pluto
fucking newfags

if Sol's bodies are all named from greek mythologies, its tempting to suggest that this one should be norse mythology, the next system mapped should be something like sioux mythologies, the next one after that aztec, the one after that babylonian gods/myths, etc

Not too sure it's a good thing if #1 and #4 are inhabited either. Spice may end up far more trouble than it's worth, and barring the Doctor (who's a certifiable Doom Magnet) most Time Lords are dickbags.

Can't be true. I haven't see any Hitler planet yet.

I would colonise the shit out of a planet called Nergal, Marduk or Gilgamesh.

We should let people who'll live there decide, desu.

But now only a minority of individuals who spam proxies and/or have botnets at their disposal get a voice

Well, can't we spam good names for once?

I think it was Adam Nimoy who suggested they be called:

Kirk
Spock
Bones/McCoy
Sulu
Uhura
Scotty
Chekov

Ordering variable of course

>I'll take the unwashed masses getting a little more unwashed and ignorant
I'm with you on the more people having a voice is better bit, that is the promise of tech, freeing the conversation from being controlled by a self-chosen few.
But you lost me with the more ignorant part. It does no good if we can hear more opinions if there is an inverse relationship between the quality and quantity of those voices.

>Dune

>unless NASA is doing it on pure popularity
I think these agencies learned their lesson after the Boaty McBoatface incident. They should have a curator pick from the popular suggestions and throw out the trash suggestions. Then let people vote on the curated list.

I hope New Caliban fares better than the old one.

>52181017
>not liking Dune
I don't have a reaction for such

the planet's name was Arrakis you dweeb

>doesnt know the planet isnt called Dune
>cant even reply to other posts properly
First day on the internet son?

Lv 426 it is.

Id be ok with Cadia too

Have to call at least one of them Acheron.

we dont have enough mythologies, we would need a new naming system after a few systens