In owod mages have godlike magic powers because they have fragments of god in them

In owod mages have godlike magic powers because they have fragments of god in them.
In nwod mages have godlike magic powers because humans are just awesome i guess.
In owod vampires exist because they were cursed by god.
In nwod vampires exist because i dunno.
In owod demons were angels who rebelled against god and imprisoned in the abyss.
In nwod demons are robots who rebelled against some machine that some person or organization built at some point for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Man1oy4Xh_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

okay

Really makes you think

Fired up my neurons

What thread died for this font of shitposting to exist?

Takes your noggin' joggin', doesn't it?

What the fuck is this. Where is this from.

>MASTER TROLL
Almond status: Activated.

youtube.com/watch?v=Man1oy4Xh_0

It's from World of Darkness - preludes, a new and incredibly shitty licensed WoD game. It's on steam right now.

I knew world of darkness was gay, but I didn't know it was gender fluid too.

>World of Darkness - preludes
It's a brand new world, it seems.

If it was on page 10 it probably wasn't very good.

>In owod mages have godlike magic powers because they have fragments of god in them.
> In nwod mages have godlike magic powers because humans are just awesome i guess.

Objective user here.

Owod Mage had an awesome premise and really cool backstory hampered by a setting that didn't really work. The effect of paradox, consensual reality, what happens to your magic when you are in a backyard African village where everyone believe magic is real, how far can technology be pushed before paradoxing, how the Technocracy really works... were questions that made it really difficult to play correctly, or indeed at all.

Nwod Mage has a really shitty premise and absolutely retarded backstory... that actually makes it simpler and more focused to play. Humans could freely tap into the source of magic in the past, but then a bunch of wannabe mages shattered the connection with the source of magic, and now you need to build a pathway to the source of magic to ascend. It's easy. It's simple. The presentation is retarded with words like the Supernal Realms and Cintimati and Golden Road and Imperial Mysteries and whatnot, but the basic setting is indeed incredibly simple.

Owod Mage can be a blast to play if you have players who can swallow the setting and try to iron out the little bits. Nwod Mage can be played by guys who just want to cast fireballs to vampires.

Neither are really perfect, but they each do their thing decently.

>guys who just want to cast fireballs to vampires

But you can already do that in almost every fantasy game that already exist. Why do we need another one to do it again?

Two reasons.

1) It's NWoD compatible, so you can really cast fireball to NWoD vampires in a perfectly valid way.

2) The retarded presentation has its charm for some people. Sure, you're fighting against demons from hell, but it's better when your Concilium's Orderite Cabal fights Abyssal Goetic Arcana from the Lower Depths. Give it some measure of mysticism.

For many people, it's enough.

Also, it is simply not a bad game.

It is focused. It is simple in setting, but with an esoteric presentation. It really makes people feel like they're playing mages. There is a lot of rules for many, many things, from spells to other planes of existence, and they are mostly internally coherent. It is a tight experience centered around the idea that you do magic, end of the line.

Owod Mage simply isn't as tight. More awesome, sure, but try GMing a game where a magical Ether Zeppelin goes into space to fights multiplanar aliens with the help of Space Marines in a contest of hermetic dance.

>be from North Carolina
>voted Trump
>don't give a fuck about bathrooms

reee why does everyone keep making fun of my home. It's so beautiful here and it's a great place to live the south will rise again super power by 2020.

>owod bastet were cool
>nwod bastet are nerfed to all fuck and stupidly rare and relegated to "just another changing breed"

Changing Breeds was a mistake

Just like most things Brucatto does.

Wtf i hate DRUMPF and north carolinians now!!

We need a wall so we have somewhere to send these people.

>In nwod vampires exist because i dunno.
It's heavily implied that that there's only so many ways for a corpse to come back, and a blood drinking abomination is one of them. Over time as these different types of Vampires shared blood they began to resemble each other until you get your standard Kindred.

Some people may say all Vampires come from the Strix, but the Mekhet Clanbook heavily implies this is wrong.

I feel like Ascension botched its execution. Also in CofD not everyone was a Mage before the breaking of the Silver Ladder, everyone was a Sleepwalker with a larger percent of stronger than modern Mages.

>In nwod demons are robots who rebelled against some machine that some person or organization built at some point for some reason.
For all we know, the GM has always existed or somehow built itself.

I'm wondering, in oWoD, what happen if a Demon successfully possess a Mage? Does the possessed Mage have access to his Spheres like before? Also, does a Demon possessed body, age? Or are they stuck like in vampire? Or maybe they can choose to age or not because "muh demonic powers"? Also I always wondered, can a Demon leave, under normal circumstances, a possessed body anytime he wants? (Facing the conseguences of such action anytime they decide to do that) Or they just have to destroy the old host in some way before trying to find a new host?

Thank you in advance if someone will decide to answer my doubts.

How does obfuscate work in oWoD? Can I make 5 dots of appearance disguise?

The demon one kind of makes sense though.

The mage himself would have access. But the Demon is not the Mage, and cannot use them.

But by possession the demon basically becomes the mage.

But does the demon become the avatar?

Both have issues of tool fixation, admittedly.
Better Mage is obsessed with making sure that you have every sphere that could conceivably be involved in a situation. (Need to read a dead thing's mind? You need both Mind AND Entropy!)
Whereas in Newer Mage, there's a fixation on freaking Rotes. (Want to read a dead thing's mind? Well, if you have enough Mind, or enough Death, that's all you need! But you BETTER have specifically learned a 'Read Dead Guy's Mind' spell, or you're gonna fuck up the roll!)
(Note that, while I clearly show my preference in my pet names for the games, I basically agree with the opinion given in recent posts - Older better setting, Newer better system, both can be fun.)

jesus

>Older better setting, Newer better system.

That's basically owod vs nwod in a nutshell-- except for Changeling, which is better on both fronts in nwod.

Is it bad if I prefer the Old Mage version of it? It's dead. If you want to access his mind you need to know how Death works by having Entropy in the first place.

I wouldn't necessarily say that oWoD is the better setting, more so interesting and full of variety.

I value and appreciate both, in all honesty.

>supporting sjw authors

WE EAT BUTT

More importantly.

Is this the new /wodg/ thread?

This still doesn't make sense, Chris Allen was on Changing Breeds where the fuck was he when big Baby B was fucking everything up

This thread is a gravestone, a bitter reminder of what once was, but now isn't.

Hey, I knew a batshit trans girl like that. Realistic/10

>Giovanni Ghoul
>Literally sucking your cousin's dick for blood
Are all vamp ghoul relationships this incestuous?

No. The example isn't even the norm among the Giovanni.

>how the Technocracy really works.

It just does.

As if it is alone

To everyone freaking out in this thread - it's from the new Vampire: Prelude game and the vampire is SUPPOSED to be batshit insane. Everyone in that game are absolutely batshit, to be pretty fucking honest.
There is a girl whose husband dies because of your awakening as a vampire, and then she turns into a yandere Nosferatu.
There is a Camarilla Tremere bitch that basically dissects you in a lot of the numerous bad endings for making one misstep or another.
Your mother is a bitch-slave to some sort of high-powered low-generation elder vampire rock star that bathes in bitches and cocaine.
There are anarchists and tinfoil hatters and crazy people all around.
If you really want a comparison, imagine Hotline Miami storytelling that makes you feel like you are high and missing something.
This is what this game is. And, personally, I loved it.

t. a guy whose only real contact with WoD is VtM:Bloodlines and this game

>There is a girl whose husband dies because of your awakening as a vampire, and then she turns into a yandere Nosferatu.

What?

Elaborate further.

>and the vampire is SUPPOSED to be batshit insane
Obviously, I meant the one that is a transsexual sucking random Uber taxists off. She literally bites off people's cocks before sucking them, for crying out loud.

Can't remember her name, but, basically, she was your clingy ex-girlfriend and your character told her to fuck off. She went on with her life, hitched with another dude and got a kid.
Cue your awakening and a primal need to flee to another city.
Your friend decides it's a good idea for you to have some friends in you new un-life and gives her your number.
Some time later, she invites you to dinner, you accept, you go crazy from blood hunger, try to attack her husband, they manage to lock you in the basement.
Meanwhile, Camarilla hunters follow you to this home, you are nowhere to be found, so they attack the family - kill the husband, bite the girl, and steal their kid.

As her transformation into Nosferatu progresses throughout the story, she stops caring about her own kid and starts caring about primal needs and thrill of the hunt. And she is being yandere as fuck about you.
I don't want to spoil the best parts, but the actual story is real good, so I advise you to read it.

Is this available for pirating yet? Because there's no way in hell I'm paying for it.

>Is this available for pirating yet?
How do you think I've read it, dingus?
Just look for the Android version on 4pda or something.

>4pda

Can't read Russian, but thanks.

>Owod Mage had an awesome premise and really cool backstory
No, it hadn't. Take off your nostalgia googles.

New General over Here:

>In owod mages have godlike magic powers because they have fragments of god in them.
>In nwod mages have godlike magic powers because humans are just awesome i guess.
Pretty sure both OWoD and NWoD take "all humans passively shape reality around them" as an axiomatic truth. Mages are just people who learned to actively shape it. Consensus isn't built by God. The One is incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't ascended and he sure as shit isn't spending his time in people's heads.

In owod an ancient psychic super vampire does a fight with a samurai vampire while the wizard illuminati tries to stop them with solar beams from space and then spirit nukes

As I see it, NWOD setting was designed to be more freeform than OWOD with it's "end is nigh" metaplot. Also, Technocracy which made some magic work for everyone, not only chosen, is somehow bad guys in OWOD.

Also, not having all setting's secrets handed out in detail is a plus IMO.

NWOD 1e != CofD

>not using snowflake pronouns now makes you worse than murderous demons

Technology is just another magical tradition. If the hermetic tradition dominated, for example, everyday people could cast rote spells and shit as easily as we operate our smartphones and only special weirdos would be able to talk to someone on the other side of the world using a bundle of wires and a chemically volatile hunk of metal.

Too bad when the Hermetics did have more power what they did was fuck things up, not try to help the masses.

Anyone? :)

>Show on the non-Euclidean doll where the post-punk gritty reinterpretation of the Three Little Pigs touched you.
Maybe I'm just prejudiced against it because of bad writing. Not that it makes the 'when you grow up, your heart dies' wankery of Dreaming any better, but I could never really get into Lost.
Also, it really took until they made the 2nd Edition (ten frickin years later) for NWoD's system to actually be better.

We're sorry your taste a shit, user.
I'm sure you can pirate Harry Potter or Harry Dresden if you can't into modern wizards.

You know the one thing about metaplot that everyone forgets?
It's ridiculously easy to ignore.
Just don't run the fucking adventures.
Done.
Oh, but they say that the world is going to end any day now? And how do you live in a world like that?
Well, user, you may not be aware of this, but the most popular religion in the US (and a few other countries, I'm told) explicitly states in its holy book that the world is going to end any day now. That's been going on for 2000 years, and I don't think we've had any issues with that.

I actually like the mystery/conflicting origins for Vampires.

personally I loved CtL. Couldn't really get into CtD, but a return to the old form of fairy tales, which then got twisted darker, was cool for me as someone interested in folklore.

I'm just going to assume that you haven't even touched both Mage gamelines, because you're more than incorrect about a few things.