Hideo Kojima decides to release his own roleplaying game system. What's it about and how does it run?

Hideo Kojima decides to release his own roleplaying game system. What's it about and how does it run?

How about you ask him user?

It's about the only thing he can write about - Gaseous Lizard and Pig Schmoss.

Geopolitics and conspiracies, with 3d mecha fighting.

it would be really fucking complicated, but at the end once you read through the entire player's handbook you would feel a satisfying mixture of confusion and respect

Don't get my hopes up, user

4th edition is extremely narative and just has the GM talk the players through the game.

>3d
>in a roleplaying game
I know he's a wizard but this might be pushing it

Endless talking and a fuck ton of padding all wrapped in a poorly written story.

>Implying he wouldn't straight up invent holoprojectors or holodecks specifically to run his custom TTRPG.
He's crazy, in a good way, user. We'd probably have flying cars in less than five years from now if he decided he really wanted one.

rip chapter 3

To be fair, a lot ornithology is caused by Konami cutting his shit short because they wanna convert everything to pachinko

Well, for one thing, the grappling system would be extremely in depth.

>What's it about
boring garbage that faggots on the internet will viciously ram down their throats and tirelessly defend. ultimately just meme-fuel.

>how does it run
Does one thing reasonably well in a way most people hadn't considered prior, but beyond that one thing you'd rather tug your own nails off with needle-nose pliers.

It's about the adventure of coming up with a Japanese knockoff version of Oreos that taste like fish.

>Chapter 4: The Basics of CQC, pp. 357-480.

The system would be 3.5 D&D. Full of game breaking flaws but still beloved by people because they are severely autistic.

Tbh I would kill for a setting during the cold war in the MGS universe.

Hell I would kill for a setting during the cold war. Would be pretty sweet playing as free lance mercenaries trying to make some bread in a world wide conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact.

I would gladly make a whole campagin set during the Soviet-Afghan war as a team of mercs taking contracts for the CIA and the KGB. If only I could get a group that would play it.

Gameplay itself would be absurdly detailed with a focus on accuracy to real life. Which gets immediately thrown out whenever some cool shit is happening. Despite all that, the gameplay is actually pretty fun.

Setting would be a clusterfuck of whatever he thought was cool at the time, held together more by themes and story than autistic worldbuilding or real world coherency. Then the expansions come out that keep adding new shit while retconning everything from the books before it.

That sounds amazing

Nice tastes bro

Let's be honest with ourselves.

It'd be the greatest thing ever, a breath of fresh air in a stagnating industry. Hobbyists all across the RPG community would be chomping at the bit for the full release after getting a small taste of an alpha test document. Never before has a game ever been so anticipated!

Then the publisher pulls out and a clusterfuck ensues, and the game vanishes forever, never to be realized.

For the next decade afterward small wannabe publishers pump out shitty ripoff after shitty ripoff of the alpha document, all of them completely missing the point of what made the original so greatly anticipated in the first place. And we all die a little inside.

I'd play it, user.

>What's it about and how does it run?
Hollywood actors, nobody knows, can't afford it. Though must agree it looks far better than it actually is.

It would be a system consisting of 12 books, each a thousand pages in length, each dedicated to a single class. It would include a VHS (or several Beta) tape with a rambling 6 hour monologue on Japanese cold war conspiracy bullshit.

It would be fun to play at first, but the longer the campaign goes, the more bogged down it becomes in pointless rules and directionless plot hooks.

The character creation would be insane.

Why?

Characters would be created not by the players but by the whims of the society they live in. The truth they know would be the one given to them; manufactured ideals meant to cow behavior in a manner that their owning government finds acceptable.

I'd imagine it would play like paranoia but with a ruleset like shadowrun. There would be a metagame encouraged for the GM; basically, he would encourage the person running the game to make up rules as they go to solve plot issues, but in turn would have to surrender tokens the players could cash in to break the regular rules when necessary. Kind of like a reversed way to hand out free rerolls and let the players occasionally go crazy and over the top in their actions.