Have you (or any of your players) ever gotten into a romance with one of your enemies? How did it go...

Have you (or any of your players) ever gotten into a romance with one of your enemies? How did it go? Were you able to redeem your waifu/husbando with the power of love?

I had a player (not a bard but a swashbuckler, so same thing, really) try to seduce a salamander. In D&D, salamanders are a genderless species that reproduces with only one parent laying eggs, so I ruled there really was no reason for them to have a notion of romance or lust.

I must add that the players were imprisoned for some time as gladiator-slaves an efreet city, and that the salamander was the efreet's underling-in-chief.

But then the (already very charismatic) swashbuckler critted on her roll, so heck. She managed to confuse the salamander a lot. Since they saw a lot of "her" (I had given "her" a female-ish name and my language has no neutral pronoun), the swashbuckler continued flirting, and... well, nothing really happened because the salamander wouldn't have a notion of anything happening. But the confusion sure was ingrained in "her" for good.
This campaign ended, but since they spared her and they parted on terms as good as can be between technical foes, I suppose the salamander guard might have gone plane-hopping in the end, searching for her seducer, trying to understand whatever "she" was feeling.

Do salamanders have a notion of friendship? certain other salamanders they can rely on and consult during tough times?

They're evil but have regular to high intelligence and can be organized, so I suppose, yes, they can have social links and affinities. Even villains can't be asses to everybody all the time.

Could totes be a mutant. With the only mutation being no longer genderless and needing a mate.

Let the man act his dream, user.

What is particularly evil about salamanders? I'm not hugely informed on the lore of elementals and what motivates them.

The campaign's over now. But I admit I'd follow up on that plot point if we ever pick it back. It was pretty funny.

Even if "she" was a mutant, consumation would be, well, too consuming anyway. "She"'d be litterally too hot to handle.

I don't really know. The manual says they are, I suppose. I don't think there's a huge lot of lore behind that race. Probably some generic ruthlessness.

I redeemed a succubus in a Pathfinder campaign and waifu'd her. But she was already halfway there and a party ally, so I'm not sure that counts.

how do i romance a creepy emotionless girl devoted to a charismancer Veeky Forums

In an evil campaign my infernal cleric converted herself a whole lesbian harem, including a lillend, young adult imperial sky dragon, two angels, and several elves. But then we had some funky conversion/corruption rules to play with and her build heavily took advantage of them.

Next up is likely to be an attempt to waifu Laori Vaus, but she's technically an ally so not sure if that counts.

Happens a lot in my games. GM routinely takes villain NPCs and makes them into love interests interwoven with our characters. We never know ahead of time until he drops it on us to make the games more interesting.

>My fighter had apparently been in a relationship with a half Black Dragon and she turned to evil because I broke up with her but turned back when we 'made up'
>Shaman attempting to bring a thousand years of darkness had a secret crush on paladin and after a brief fight was ready to renounce her ways
>Thief who stole from us was actually doing it so he'd have an excuse to see more of our half-orc cleric because he had a thing for 'strong women'.

Chip away at the relationship between her and the charismancer and she will naturally have a void when you eventually break her connection she'll have a void in need of filling, try your best to be what takes it up.

Best advice I can give with as little detail I know.

Unless if by girl you mean actual girl and not just slang for young women, in which case, the best advice is D.O.N.T.

young woman, yes. with resistances to charisma-based powers, ironically, so i'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

I wish. I had a cool subplot planned for my game that could lead to such a romance, but my wife started fucking one of my friends and then left me, so the campaign is on hiatus.

Through shenanigans, my Factotum had a one night stand with the main villain.

Then some time travel nonsense happened, my PC had to face his kid, the party ended up killing the BBEGal in front of him and thus my PC gained the emnity of his son, who had been told all these amazing things about his father.

I'd like to fill her void

Wow, that's awful. Hope things go better for you.

My character romanced the BBEG dragon and also Tiamat into joining his harem

I successfully seduced a Skrull Queen in a Mutants and Masterminds campaign where I was playing as a Knight from the dimension of bad romance novels.

In my defense I didn't know she was a Skrull at the time and was just trying to convince her not to betray us.

My necromancer ended up banging the shapshifting dragon of an encroaching army. went well enough, convinced her he's totally not an agent of the king.

He then turned said dragon into an undead thrall. which he banged. Often. and used to destroy a few towns.

(i was the Final Boss in the end)

good times.

Thanks, user. It's just tough trying to be me again, ya know?

>fucking an undead creature
Guess it's true what they say about nec-romancers
Ba dum tss

I honestly wish i was armed with puns about it. in his defense he did start sleeping with her before she was a corpse. He was actually quite in love with her when the paladin decided he'd had enough (the player himself was disgusted at the thought of any character getting any and a No Fun Guy ®) and murdered her. After she turned to our sideish.

And that's when i became the villain.

and that's when there was a TPK.

The necromancer did preserve her pretty well, and eventually returned her soul to the corpse through 'sacrificing' the paladin to a dark god.

I miss that game...

That sounds really cute. What was she like?

I think they're just kind of assholes, a lot of Outsiders are like that.

>tfw this picture gets posted three times in a row in two weeks

Ive been looking for this picture for fucking years before someone pointed me towards elder evils.

Its a Yuan Ti, and i dont think they do. Tho, elder evil mentions lower level yuan ti carrying around idols of her and wanting to be her consort.
Shes the snek waifu of sneks.

A 'teenage' black dragon who wrecked shit and didn't afraid of anything.

In 'human' form, she often took the guise of a fighter in heavy black Armour, armed with a spear tipped with a dragons claw. She let her long smooth black hair flow past the small of her back when she wasn't wearing her dragon themed helm Her eyes a piercing silver with yellow flecks alert and intelligent. Skin a soft pale, the moon made flesh, as cold as ice. Her voice sang like a chorus of suffering angels, quick with wit and poison.

She was a right bitch though, known for causing destruction on a grand scale for shits and giggles. When my necromancer infiltrated the enemy ranks (they needed necromancers and weren't picky apparently) he became a member of the same group as her. Her cruelty and violence impressed the necromancer (his name was fucking retarded, is why i never mention it).

It actually was the DM's idea to have an encounter where the dragon was going to seduce the necromancer for giggles (and for fucking with the No Fun Guy ®), and he just sorta went along with it. A few months later (i had to bail on the game for awhile due to work, so a lot was done through text, and when i came back i re-joined the party with my dragon, about a month after that she was unfairly killed) he convinced her to betray the big bad, we stole the McGuffin and fled into the night.

It was seriously a good game.

I once seduced a villain to get information on his organization and their plans. After chatting for a bit he decided to take my character back to their base. After giving her the best sex of her life (nat 20) she decided to join up with them.

After covertly assisting the enemy under the nose of the party for a few sessions, she openly switched sides during the final battle. The bad guys were winning, until the DM decided to have some high level NPC intervene to appease other players who were complaining (I think one of them actually started crying).

My character and her boyfriend ended up in hell, and later came back as devils to get revenge on the party.

I just remembered another player had a one night stand with an antagonist-y, chaos-reveling minotaur. He'd been trying to flirt with him every time we butted heads, and finally succeeded when he caused enough chaos to make him interested.
Technically, he was not an enemy, more of an occasional antagonist.
I really do not want to imagine what happened after. My character swore he'd be on his own if he needed healing after that.

Oh gosh, she sounds pretty spectacular. I'm quite jealous of your game.

My half-orc druid managed to successfully woo a snake lady that was trying to kill us. It was the happiest moment of his life, having finally found love in a world where he only expected to eat things with his pet raptor

The DM had her die less than ten minutes later.
It thereupon became my private goal to flirt and attempt to seduce any female monster I came across just for the sake of it, but the campaign died before I could really enact my petty vengeance

In all honesty, I'd didn't figure it out till later, she was based on a person I was crushing on hard and the GM wanted to troll me into killing her. Because he's a glorious ass.

But, instead we had what boiled down to a pretty decent troll to the No Fun Guy® and an excellent campaign.

Me and the dragon won btw, because being liches is broken as fuck.

That sounds pretty dumb and wish fulfillment, desu.

Oh hey, I remember you!

According to serpent kingdoms, Yuan-ti at least can have others they feel "close" to. The need not love or even like their mates, but can still form strong (though not quite trusting) relationships. They even have terms of endearment in their generally emotionless society.

Don't really know about salamanders though. I just like Yuan-ti.

5e monster manual says they're a slave race to evil genies, and they take their frustration out on anyone they can.

the daughter of a gang boss was given a quick stockholm syndrome though a cleric's use of dread and the bard's use of diplomacy and lies afterwards

What's the point of tabletop if not wish fulfillment?

Played a priestess who fell in love with someone who was secretly an assassin sent to kill her.

He ended up falling in love with her and confessed the whole plot. The conspirators got pissed and attacked both of them. They were able to barely fend them off, with the priestess pulling off some big dick ass-saving healing spell at the last minute to save her nearly dying lover, along with some hella good saving throw rolls and critical hits at the right moment.

GM admitted he didn't actually plan for the encounter to be winnable, and that the assassin was planned to die there.

That's pretty awesome

I developed a personal crush on a BBEG once. The DM made him such a woobie, I felt sorry for him, and crushed hard. So I spent the campaign trying to at least protect him from the party's shenanigans.

He lived and we eventually picked up another plot hook. As a player I was satisfied with that. My character though never did anything overtly romantic with the BBEG.

I feel as if I read this story before.

Have you reposted this by chance?

>fucking a dragon is wish fulfillment, but me wishing my reading genre fiction and playing pretend gave me the power to shoot lightning bolts isn't

feebleminded an enemy sorceress and brought her with us (I claimed it was just to to pacify her, but i am p sure the dm saw into my magical realm)

I don't think I did.

That's funny stuff. Did you ever approach your crush romantically?

Rape is not true love, user

I mean, there's doing cool shit, and then there's "Ah yeah, I seduced the lady of pain, shit was so cash"