/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------
Tenshi Muyo, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-02-13 - Still getting worked on & now has 11079 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-03-07!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for BLAKE ELEISON

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE'VE HAD A PURPLE BIRD THREAD

Start using /btg/RO art, with the progress they've been making we need to do our part

all out of PURPLE waifus, just have to post other stuff from the TRUE SUCCESSOR STATE TO THE TITLE OF FIRST LORD!

>Ravens

Pls no

I see no ravens. I see only PURPLE BIRDS!

the Grand Titan may be a very silly mech, but it is a Marik mech, so we gotta represent.

Of course, we can't have a PURPLE BIRD thread without the best trolling in history. Because fuck the Capellans.

It's not silly, it's really good if you know how to use it. I've killed Devastators and Hauptmanns (Hauptmenn?) with it before.

And I've killed a Dire Wolf with a Vulcan before, so what?

Did the Dire Wolf pilot fail a PSR and never regain consciousness?

It is a 100 tonner with an XL engine, a weapons loadout I can only describe as eclectic, and not enough heatsinks for its guns. I can see what they're trying to do with it, but I don't like it, and it doesn't really work. Oh, and it has ammo stored in all three torsos without any CASE, you know, just to ensure maximum chance of ammo cookoff.

>Grand Titan discussion

Post how you would fix the original GT.

By giving it Command Mech or Improved Targeting, rather than Multi-Trac. The latter is a bad quirk, and the person who gave it that should feel bad.

Funny thing, I was fiddling with it in SSW because of this discussion. If we want to keep the role of the GT the same, (poke holes with pulse lasers, crit seek with SRMs, keep the LRMs to keep em honest at long range), this is how i'd do it.

Cockpit TAC

As a Cappie I found this hysterical.

Pretty good, user. I'd have kept the 4/6 profile, torn off the AMS and ammo, and given it six SSRM2 racks, ammo, and some more DHS. I feel like part of the GT's "thing" is that it goes 4/6.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

I realize PPCs aren't *actually* man-made lightning, but years of Stackpole just gave me the idea of some sort of sophisticated sort of external latticework of wires to represent a Blue Shield.

I feel like having a 4/6 profile on a 100 tonner is just asking to die from side torso loss, especially as this is an ammo based mech, so even CASE won't save your mech from engine death, just make it so that the wreckage is salvageable.

I don't disagree with you, but it's like working with a Mauler. Easy route is to make it not suck by not making poor choices like quad AC/2s with weight-saving tech it doesn't need otherwise that eats crits. The challenge mode is to keep that fact and make something that works. I just came at it a different way than you, that's all. I'm a faggot for "design integrity" regarding the original concept, whatever good that does me.

I can forgive the Mauler for putting an XL on an assault mech because it is designed to sit way the hell back and throw lots of long range firepower. It is less forgivable on what is objectively a brawler mech like the Grant Titan.

NEA, I need you to please tell me about DropShips

Fair enough.

Talked to him today, he's still pretty blitzed out from running and teaching at the stage combat workshop. I also know he's avoiding the internet in general because he's getting caught up in a SJW fuckstravaganza.

Evidently his stage combat company got contracted by a larp weapon and costuming manufacturer to choreograph some fights for some advertisements, and when the actors bailed out on them at the last minute, he and his wife ended up playing the lead fighting roles since they knew the fights already. Which puts him in the position of being white people who are advertising Asian inspired larp gear. So naturally when the ads went live a few days ago, the SJWs immediately started pitching a shitfit over whitewashed casting and cultural appropriation. The company Facebook page has mostly gotten cleaned up, but NEA's company has had some death threats posted to their Facebook, including somebody who took a picture of their kid's school and the time they let out classes.

So he's likely going to be out for a while. I'd just ask your question and hope somebody else answers it.

#
The way I read and understand it, the Blue Shield constantly sucks in air to do something with it - my guess would be to ionize or otherwise treat it and then expell it around the 'Mech to dissipate PPC bolts.

Hence, I would portray it either as a constant heat flicker or a fine spray of mist from the ports, ejecting anywhere but up - that's the intake direction.

Neither has to be form-fitting, they can extend quite a bit from the 'Mech.

>In the years immediately prior to the so-called Age of War, Promised Land became known for the quality of its champagne as far as Arcturus, capital of the newly-formed Lyran Commonwealth. When Archon Robert Marsden offhandedly remarked he would not mind drinking a glass of Promised Land's champagne in 2395, the rabidly loyal and supremely overconfident Social Generals selected by Marsden to command the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces wilfully misinterpreted the Archon's comment to mean he wanted to capture the world.[34]

>By the time Marsden learned of the Promised Land Assault, it was too late, with ten LCAF regiments, including two elite ranked Jump Infantry and Armored Vehicle regiments, wiped out. Instead of blaming their own impetuosity, the LCAF high command directed blame towards Marsden for "ordering" the disaster. Three weeks after news of the massacre on Promised Land broke, Archon Robert Marsden was found dead in his bedchambers.[34]

Why are Lyrans so shit at everything?

Partly to compensate for being the faction who's thing is "having the most assault 'mechs". It would otherwise be pretty OP.

>some death threats posted to their Facebook, including somebody who took a picture of their kid's school and the time they let out classes.
For. Fuck's. Sake.

I was planning on trolling and blaming him for being a Canopian and therefore getting what he deserves, mostly because he'd probably bite on it, but honestly that's pretty much some bullshit right there. Threatening your kids is absolutely out of line no matter what the argument.

Aside from the fact that whitewashing in casting is a completely made-up thing and from what I could tell, if they'd actually cast asians in the first place and those people bailed on the production at the last second, then the filming company is legally covered and has done everything in regards to ethnic casting requirements it's required to do. This is SJWs being pissy useless bitches because they're a bunch of pissy useless bitches.

>I'm against basically everything the right wing and /pol/ stand for, but goddamn are SJWs like these a waste of perfectly good human life.

>Why are Lyrans so shit at everything?

Mostly what said. If they didn't suck at everything they'd overwhelm the Dracs no question. Zeus lances versus Panther lances don't turn out well for the Panthers. Also because Lyrans aren't the designated Mary Sue state. Their failure, while having so many good Mechs, makes the FedSuns look even better by comparison. After all, the FedSuns are accomplishing more than the Lyrans while having a much worse (in 3025-39) and much lighter Mech selection.

DEATH TO THE SJWS

[AROUSED PURPLE BIRD NOISES]

Wait, what, for real?

Holy shit SJWs are even WORSE than communists and nazis combined.

They'll be the death of a lot of people.

RO art? I don't know the abbreviation. What's that? I'm willing to try if I knew.

He's talking about the BattleTech General Read-Out that Muninn and others here are putting together. Some of the drawings have already come up in recent threads.

Ah hell, I must have missed those. Where do I get them?

>Holy shit SJWs are even WORSE than communists and nazis combined.

It's the same shit, really, so at worst they're about as bad as either of those, after you've deduced the mass murder, the bombs and the arson of churches from the Nazis, that is.

ahahahaha

In all seriousness, though, the reason you don't have a woman in your life isn't a deterioration in the quality of women. It's that you're an unlikeable piece of shit.

Look around man, all the likeable men manage to find likeable women. THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH *YOU*.

Honestly I think SJWs are an American only thing, haven't encountered any myself.
Just normal likeable women.

I think the artist's DeviantArt was linked late in the last thread. His name is Glop or something like that.

Expanding on my earlier idea... a PPC bolt hitting and being partially dissipated by the ion/gas cloud around the 'Mech with Blue Shield would illuminate the whole thing, well, blue.

Makes an awful amount of sense in my head (and pleases Rambo in Afghanistan)

They're an initially american thing, but that cancer has started to spread to most western nations. Canada was the first to get infected after the initial outbreak in the US, but now it's been detected in the UK, France, Germany, Austria, even all the way in Sweden and Finland.

These infections usually happen in universities and places of "higher learning."

they exist, but the examples that spring to mind when we talk about strong independent womyns are the extremely vocal, fucked-in-the-head minority
they're the ones who get recorded and put up on youtube and shared among circles, not because they represent the vast majority of rational left-wing thinkers, but because we as a people take a perverse pleasure in watching crazy people rant and rave over whatever is triggering them at any given moment
i live not too far away from where Big Red herself is stationed, and i know a fair few girls who do the whole dyed-hair women-first deal im actually kind of dating one right now but they don't take to the streets in throngs screaming obscenities and demanding attention
this is, of course, all anecdotal evidence, but take it how you will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>dating one

Bad news, the cancer has spread.

I have a gf. Nice try. SJWs still suck.
>pic related.

Matt's stuff? This is what I get for going on assignment for a few days. Thanks man. I'll do what I can when I make threads.

In celebration of that thing that just got announced for MWO, I am making a Civil War Capellan T-Bolt refit/upgrade/descendant based on a custom mini I was fortunate enough to purchase from an acquaintance.

Please help.

The only caveats I have are that the RAC and MML have to stay, if only to satiate my autism.

Eh guess australia's safe enough.

Ha, no. Australia is farther gone than the US.

>Australia
>safe

Pick one and only one.

Dumb fucking hypocrite

And communists, who killed ten times more people than the nazis.

I kinda want to see the advert, if only to see the larp kit.

>NEA babbles moronic and uninformed leftist things whenever he responds to political posts
>leftists turn on him and his family despite the fact he's brainwashed too

Always happens, but still it's a shame. I'm a Canopian player too but silly beliefs like what the Magistracy holds are best kept to fictional games.

Live by the SJW, die by the SJW

Somebody's getting redpilled (I guess this is what they call it on /pol/) the hard way.
How long before he joins the FedSuns, pilots a gausswall and sports a Freddie Mercury mustache?

Jesus, is the last one of these fuckshows even over by now?
Theatre, what a lousy way to make a living

Blue Shield is basically another call-back to the Traveller roots of Battletech.

So, question for the battletech tech afficionados.

Did the clans get anything actually useful in the Civil War era? I'm asking because MWO is in for the civil war tech update and shit is going to get fucking nasty for inner sphere.

You do know that he does a ton of stuff with guns, right? And is vocal about firearm training and safety classes, including making them a mandatory part of public school training? You can't be a liberal in the US and support gun ownership in any way, shape, or form. see pic related, where actual leftists tried to get him arrested for teaching a 'how not to shoot yourself on a set' class which they'd initially agreed to so he'd show up on the campus.

Not agreeing with /pol/ in every facet of life doesn't make you a leftist, user. If anything, NEA seems more of a moderate, in the 'show me evidence from an unbiased source and I'll change my mind if I think it's good enough' sort of way.

Here's a couple a kind user made for me by request a while back.

They're pretty solid.

>all leftists agree on everything
You certainly seem to have /pol/ down.

All the cognitive dissonance in your post reminds me of when /pol/acks proclaim the Nazis weren't racist because they had some Jews, blacks and muslims in their armies.

>all leftists agree on everything

They do, actually. Otherwise the other liberals turn on you and do the "no true Scotsman" think when the find out you disagree with them on something.

>source: mostly my ass, which was driven out of a job under this exact procedure when my co-workers found out I agreed with Trump on immigration

Oh right, I already fixed the Grand Titan.

Can we stop with the politics, guys?

That was you, wasn't it? Thanks again!

well, at least it's not clan ER PPCs

Here's a slightly lower tech -G.

>Can we stop with the politics, guys?

No. Everyone and everything is political now, and will remain so until the burgeoning second civil war, were we can make a definite decision on the next 80-100 years of this country's future.

Because that's where we're headed and there's no way to stop it. It's too polarized and I'd rather we get the war over with sooner rather than later so we can pick up the pieces and get on with what remains of our lives.

Heavy lasers and ATMs are interesting but not better than what Clanners already have. Mwo folk will have to wait and see how Pgi will implement these weapons

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!

You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, HAHA BUTTE HOLD, HERE'S A PIC OF PURPLE BIRD WAIFU, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the board game section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

>be conservative
>loses job for being wrong
Serves you right. But please stop using your free time to shitpost on btg

I'm sorry for sharing in the first place.

I just wanted to let know why NEA wasn't likely to be back around for a while, since he'd asked for NEA several times in the last thread and was asking now in this one.

In retrospect, I should have guessed that assholes would have used "someone getting a job and getting shit on through no fault of his own" as an excuse to start political shitflinging and actual, honest to god victim blaming (). I don't know why I expected /btg/ to be better then that, but I won't make that mistake again.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

No. We need Battletech politics instead. How about how the Republic of the Sphere isn't a Republic at all? The senate is entirely advisory and has no actual power unlike the true republic of the Free Worlds League. Was Count Conner Monroe right in trying to make it a real Republic as promised? Did the state fall apart because all the bureaucrats and knights shit on the old planetary nobility?

Whatever happened to him anyway? Most of his buddies were on the other side of the republic from him and Markab got conquered by Dykelord Dieron in the 3140's.

Lmao, typical SJWs.

>any era after the civil war

Yeah who even cares

What's funny is that I can't tell if you're talking about NEA (who IRL is very clearly neither an extreme liberal nor a feminist) having to work in a field populated by insane libs, or if you're talking about posting here and expecting people here NOT to be complete ambulatory fuckstains about literally everything.

Thinking anywhere in Veeky Forums is safe from that. Like trolls didn't smell the D&C potential through their ethernet and come runn like grinch with his christmas swag.

You made a lapse in judgement. It happens.

Are Davions white?

What does it matter when you're The Fox?

Of course they are. They're the good guys.

>caring about the civil war era

Literally second worse era, right behind the early Dark Age.

Obviously. There aren't any playable non-human factions in Battletech, after all.

>Like trolls didn't smell the D&C potential

Dilation and Curettage? Are we calling this thread a miscarriage?

Actually, I'm OK with that.

If you wanna keep the language the same.. Hauptmanner.

They got more worlds full of indians than dracs have full of arabs and space amish.

Out of all the primitive mechs, which holds up best in later eras?

Do we have any idea yet what's gonna be in the Alpha Strike box?

I'd say the Banshee.

It's slow and has half the ranged throw of an Awesome. But it has good armor and manages to actually be better at close range than the 3E.

I wanna stress the primitive Banshee's armor, by the way. Nothing else in the era even comes close to the protection it gets.