Where were you when GW jumped the sh--- OH SHIT I CANT DO IT! IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING AWESOME! I CANT EVEN FUCKING...

Where were you when GW jumped the sh--- OH SHIT I CANT DO IT! IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING AWESOME! I CANT EVEN FUCKING SHITPOST THIS PROPERLY!

I mean, how can I hate this? How can anyone hate this? I am supposed to despise this company, and yet time and time again they pull shit out that's like it was meant for me. I've barely been able to hold out being charmed for so long with those treemen and megaorks, then they give us this: metal bearded steampunk dwarven sky pirates on gunships. It pushes all the right buttons as though when I sleep my body sleepwalks and travels across the ocean and works with the GW design team.

I almost pains me to say this, but I think I'm going to have to make the jump into AoS. Maybe it really isn't that bad, I mean I see it growing exponentially as evidenced allover the internet, maybe there's something about it. I usually didn't give it a thought due to lack of interest, but I don't even have that excuse anymore.

Fuck, wtf, I like aos now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KZ6u7nlgWps
youtube.com/watch?v=g7PlhCxJaDI
youtube.com/watch?v=AT82JBxIVLM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Squats are back

Well damn.

Kek get a load of this cu-.. god fucking dammit, he's right

Well, GW is still a shit game company, but they are finally delivering on their "we are a model company" line with mostly positive releases

Wtf I love GW now

>WEAPONISED

>MUSTACHES

WARNING: WE HAVE REACHED PEAK STEAMPUNK

They abandoned that mantra when Kirby was ousted. They obviously know they are at least equally a game company now.

Then they are still Satan

>playing AoS
It's a pretty cool mini I'll use in KoW.

>literal tophat and monocle
This setting has surpassed satire.

My thoughts exactly.

>game company
>aos
>current 40k
I don't think so Timmy. According to this release they are a model company, and a good one at that.

Well you never know, their rules could be interesting, fun and good.

This model sucks.

My question would be, is this for Age of Sigmar, or for warhammer 40k. Cos it's sciency but I don't think they would introduce the squats back like that.

Meh, age of sigmar is such a boring and sluggish ruleset I doubt it.

said no-one ever

>I mean, how can I hate this? How can anyone hate this?
By having a good taste?

AoS

Don't you have facebook? Or look up their community website? It's all here for a reason, you can see all the pictures and info on there.

>Implying your taste is good taste
>Implying that his taste is bad just because it's not yours

OK, thanks

didn't see those, just saw the youtube video on my feed.

>>Implying your taste is good taste
Well better than OP

If I ever buy this thing the first thing I do is removing this brass shit on top and put it a proper zeppelin baloon. Also put a human crew, this doesn't look dwarf.

Is that Mimiron's head on the top?

Follow thei fb pages and put them on favorite so that their news pop up at the top of your feed.

WarhammerTV is the must imo, then you add 40k, AoS and FW depending on which you like.

1. No
2. No one fucking likes Gnomes and neither does Blizzard

Thread theme:
youtu.be/KZ6u7nlgWps

Eh, an awful lot of their new stuff is horribly overdetailed and just visually messy. This one though is surprisingly... not a mess? Like, there's enough areas of no detail that important bits pop out.

Shame some of the infantry models fall to the messy side.

I'm honestly tempted to get these.
They look so fucking silly I love em.

For those who haven't seen the pictures:
www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/a-new-race-descends-on-the-mortal-realms/

>2. No one fucking likes Gnomes and neither does Blizzard
Then why GW just released bunch of guys from Ulduar and Gnomergan?

Fucking Squats are back baby.

Because you associate everything you dislike with Warcraft?

Squats marines?
I don't really know if it's for AoS or Wh40k desu, they are good tough.

>you associate everything you dislike with Warcraft?
Wut?

So they are golems?

>thread theme
>not this
youtube.com/watch?v=g7PlhCxJaDI

I gotta agree, it's a pretty based model.

It'd make a good 9th Age Grudge Buster!

I guess we are being compensating for 40k not having Squats anymore
I have no complaints

Yep imperialis militia abhuman helots with survivors of the dark age provenances. These models will make converting grenadiers and auxiliary engineseers a breeze.

This. The decision to make the technodwarfs into sky pirates was a good one. This stuff is much more fun than the rumoured/wishlisted rune-golem based army.

It'll take a lot more work to fix the rules and setting (and I think the latter is probably irretrievable), but a decent number of the models in the tree elf release and the new sky dwarves look pretty decent. As an user said earlier, they're finally delivering on the promise of being a high profile 'model company', albeit an ever-increasingly overpriced one.

I dont see the problem with the setting, it's ultrahigh fantasy yes but I like the reversing of Dynamics - evil and chaos is entrenched, good and order are the invaders

These are probably the only good models in the AoS range.

That said, with this, GW has abandoned all pretense of having a fantasy setting distinct from 40K. These niggas even have assault cannons. They've answered the question of "how do we make fantasy as popular as 40K?" by making it anther 40K.

If I were to play this, I'd probably use my Dark Eldar instead of Dark Elves. They seem like they'd fit the setting better.

You know, you don't have to love everything steampunk just because you're a nerd.

I would have liked it if it were a Skaven thing, but this just looks like business as usual for a dwarf Age of Sigmarification.

>GW releases original Dwarves back
>newfags don't give a shit about warcraft dwarves rip-offs
>fantasy grognards dont give a shit about original dwarves coming back to AoS

I am glad they release something new.

Hey op, there are rules for a dwarven thunderbarge in the 8th ed

have a picture. Keep up the good fight.

At this point there is no more reaosn to not have these be both AoS and 40k compatible like chaos demons.

The setting is too vague and massive for anything to feel like it matters. Nothing feels like a real place where people could live, it's all lakes of fire and forests of crystal and stuff.

Also, the tone of things is all over the place, partially because GW wanted to keep selling WHFB models and decided to work them into the setting, despite them not fitting in with the super ultra high cosmic fantasy theme and looking totally out of place beside AoS models. When you see an entry about how yeah, Azyr totes has evil pleasure cults of not!Witch Elves, the cringe is real, because you're feeling the lines of artifice in the setting - you're seeing something that you know only exists because GW wanted to keep selling those models, that goes entirely against the tone and established logic of the setting, and it makes the setting seem less real.

The Mortal Reals would require a massive overhaul to get me interested. For one, they'd have to drop the whole "the Realms are infinite and ever-changing and nothing is ever in one place forever and etc etc etc" thing.

>>GW releases original Dwarves back
Where?

>That picture look cooler than what they're releasing for AoS.

8th edition was just paving the way for ET/AoS

It is not the same setting. Kindly shill or troll elsewhere.

I didn't say I wasn't glad they're releasing this stuff, it shows that at least one person working on AoS can design good models, and there may still be a glimmer of hope for the game.

But the fact remains, they essentially now just make two versions of 40K.

Also,
>newfags don't give a shit about warcraft dwarves rip-offs

Lel, GW dwarves are significantly older.

Warcraft dwarves are literally based on Warhammer dwarves. Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.

>Warcraft dwarves are literally based on Warhammer dwarves. Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.
Yeah sure whatever.
But after all what does it matter since Warcraft outlived

Sylvaneth are pretty good though, and the new Tzeentch stuff ain't half bad either.

>but Warhammer is older!
Why should the newfag care? He will still see them as Warcraft rip-offs.

I miss when Fantasy was about bleeding out in a muddy ditch from arrow wounds.

New models look interesting, but when the entire game is tin men piling in and rolling 3+ then rolling 3+ what's the point.

>steampunk dorfs

>Sylvaneth are pretty good though

Eugh, please, don't.

Those are awful models. No idea why everyone pretends Alarielle is good either.

I desperately hope whoever designed those doesn't end up working on the high and dark elf equivalents.

That's just factually wrong though.

>Warcraft was originally slated to be a Warhammer RTS.
That's a myth. It's just a standard, everyday ripoff.

they look pretty cool but I gotta say user I don't hate how the other airship looks.

the op said he was wanting to use the model but not play age of sigmar, so I gave a suggestion that rules exist for a similiar vessel. Which coincidentally is in 8th ed.

why are you such a bitter shithead user? I don't see you contributing anything but stale memes in this thread. Kindly do the world and yourself a favour and rethink your life choices that have brought you to this point.
anyway also I was able to find some neat scratch built thunderbarge under there, skip to 8 mins.
youtube.com/watch?v=AT82JBxIVLM

We should ask them to make this the second cross game army since Daemons of Chaos / Chaos Daemons.

I'd welcome whatever original brand name these guys are into 40k.

I'm not a big fan of the weird round shape of the balloons, and I'm bothered that the dwarfs don't have real beards. Otherwise they're not bad.

>factually

Whether you like those models or not is a matter of opinion.

And I can see where the complaints would come from. A lot of AoS models get really messy and overwrought, many Sylvaneth models included.

Why have a real beard when you can have a metal one and weaponised mustaches to boot?

>weaponised mustaches
My monocle is a laser, my moustache is a derringer and my top-hat has a mortar installed. Your move, elfs

I just like painting beards.

this is fucking retarded

not the guy but while some of the sylvaneth stuff looks alright. gotta say drycha's reboot just looks way to 40k for me. why is she a tree in a battlesuit/pentinent engine.

And have a flamethrower cigar to top it off

Tell me user, why do you hate fun?

You have finally become the grog, user. Come play 30k, which is about bleeding out in a muddy ditch from a bolter round or being eaten alive by Phospex.

As a rabid GW-hater, these mecha-dorfs are surprisingly non-shit.

I don't hate any of these models by themselves, but when everything is a crazy centerpiece model, nothing is interesting anymore. It's the same problem they have with some of the miniatures drowning in details. Age of Sigmar lacks any moderation.

>not the guy but while some of the sylvaneth stuff looks alright
The problem is that they are now separate army, not just part of WE army.
>way to Hellbrute
fix

Damn that's some impressive facial hair.

>GW releases original Dwarves back
What when ?

I hope someone comes up with Codex:Squats once this line is out.

>Alarielle
Did I say she looked good? Ugliest model in the range if you ask be, a shame since I rather like the beetle she's standing on, the rest are great though.

>The problem is that they are now separate army, not just part of WE army.
And that makes the models ugly how?

>bringing squats back
Noice

>And that makes the models ugly how?
Borring.

Removing the generic elves makes the tree men boring? Now I've heard everything.

I get what you are saying user, I thought the new branchwych was not too over the top. at least.

it is not a good look, thats for sure.
Hey anons, I've an important question on age of sigmar. Why didn't we get the new treekin design that total warhammer introduced(considering that we ended up getting the big bird from it). Pic related. best treekin I've seen in my life

why aren't these models yet?

>Removing the generic elves makes the tree men boring?
Yep, because it's the whole army of green people, nothing more.

This is another thing I dislike, yeah.

There's a reason for having relatively 'normal' dudes. They make the special stuff stand out.

>Did I say she looked good?

Nope.

Lots of people fellate the shit out of her, though, which is what I said.

I personally find all the Sylvaneth poorly designed. Stuff like is particularly bad.

I like the branchwych, it's a cool model. Same with the models that you posted there. Their a little crazy, but not over the top or covered in weird details. But models like Drycha Hamadreth just don't work for me. GW seems to only want to pump out expensive "centerpiece models" because they sell the best. The new CEO only seems to have doubled down on this strategy.

I rather like that model actually, the hate it gets doesn't seem wholly justified.

>It's the same problem they have with some of the miniatures drowning in details. Age of Sigmar lacks any moderation.

To be fair, this is not a problem limited only to GW. It is a problem that is common among designers that use 3D modelling software. The temptation to add in more details is always present especially when looking at a zoomed in model.

Honestly, i dont mind steam punk dwarfs with fire arms and what not, but these guys look way over designed, and gaudy. Probably just going to do conversions of the old stuff.

Exactly. GW is flooding the models with details and flooding the armies with every weird thing they can think up. It's not a design aesthetic that I care for at all.

like orks?

I'm not so sure, user. I think FW uses the same software, and their designs don't suffer from the same problems.