Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ancient Architects Edition

Have you ever used the Veiled Masters in a campaign, the eldritch architects of both Humanity's rise and downfall? Tell us about your evil scientists, vile wizards and other power-hungry intellectuals with machinations for madness!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
youtube.com/watch?v=_bkhhOB2dn8
docs.google.com/document/d/1thpZLfUOZ-f8GQfOmzRUdxUGgOzIaQ30yvhUZ3cbkYY/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All right who decided it was a good idea to fuse a human with a Mind Flayer?

A modified Legacy of Fire is still recruiting, and will be for the next couple weeks.

Single-class with free VMC, mostly non-lewd, and set in not-quite-Al-Qadim.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

Hop a carpet and fly to another Katapeshi night.

How much does your character like murder, /pfg/?

Reposting.
THE BAD: what the fuck is with that ancient story picture. Is this all just meme references?
The character's someone wearing Ornstein's armour called the Knight Captain in a tale of slaying dragons. Hellkite dragons, apparently. The story's about getting past a prophecy of killing a monster that can be slain by no man - is that some fucking LoTR ripoffs going on there? Why in the world is the picture on a monstergirl encyclopedia template? Is it just me or did no-one care about this guy before he put on the mask?

Look at this image. Just look at it.

Apart from that, there are some actual technical problems here. The survivors of the NPCs aren't fleshed out at all, and neither is the family. There's not much other than battle talked about in the personality section - what other than justice and family does the guy like? Monsters are disliked, as is desertion - that's something at least. But if family's important, why isn't that fleshed out?

Why is the nightwalker thing just thrown in there? Wouldn't he have known about it from much younger since it's pretty easy to discover? Did you check with the GM about putting in historical stories like that?

>Appeal: 4/5 Flashy armour and an Ornstein expy. Stands out, without being instantly murderable. Could use a bit more personality.
>Backstory: 4/5 The main issue here is the other characters useable as plot hooks by the GM not getting fleshed out more. Add in some names and if those three survivors are important, along with the family.
>Compatibility: 4/5 Frontline Striker with debuffs? I haven't used avowed before but it looks fun. Fits in most places, looks like.
>Setting accuracy: 4/5 Seems to fit. Monsters seem generic, and no mention of miasma, but other than that it includes an old tale, and a tale that was debunked, too.
>Sexual potential: 3/5 Shiny sexy male, that.. transforms? It looks like while not already corrupted, the pact is going to lead to easy bad ends further down the line.

Well that looks pretty ne-oh, PoW again. Well, I can work with this. Were you the guy who posted the alternate versions of VMCs? Also, how do you feel about Legendary Rogue?

Yes, but I'm still fine-tuning them--be careful if you were planning on taking one.

As for that other thing, haven't found a good link to it, but I'm fairly sure it won't be too much trouble if I can just give it a glance over.

Thats just how intraterrestrials look.

The Nation of Islam.

Did they build pyramids by chance?

>DEAD RELATIVES: NONE!

Basically, work on the NPCs, put some more personality in other than being a hothead that needs to be got out of here, and try putting in the nightwalker thing more obviously. Ask GM if it's ok.

Actually, Vult, you should probably PM the person yourself.

And, I'm going to sleep! Hopefully will review the rest sooner rather than later!

Oooh, vult, does this help?

Will you re-post the link to your VMC stuff?

The sakura throne is kind of an interesting idea for Minkai--I always picture it as looking either dead or like pic related while the Jade Regent is in power, but once the PCs get to it and reinstate the rightful Emperor/Empress...well, cue the music as it bursts into full bloom.

youtube.com/watch?v=_bkhhOB2dn8

docs.google.com/document/d/1thpZLfUOZ-f8GQfOmzRUdxUGgOzIaQ30yvhUZ3cbkYY/edit

I keep losing sleep because I have good ideas for homebrew that keep me up. When should I stop?

I love that description and hope the DM uses it in RotJR!

Id fuck that

is shardwalkers game ded? looks like no one said anything other than a few question in a few days.

Haven't decided if I'm actually going to try applying, but my curiosity is piqued at least. I'm a little curious how the TWF with unarmed of the Monk works, but right now I'm mostly looking at that juicy Investigator. That on Rogue would just be delicious. Oh, and Legendary Rogue should be in the trove.

How do you feel abouts cats?

>tfw to intelligent to play 5e

Now, I'm no botanist, but I don't see it being very healthy for a tree to be speq

Found the Legendary Rogue, and it looks pretty okay. TWF with unarmed and monk weapons is basically a weaker, never-improving version of the Flurry of Blows.

And cats are fine too.

* too

What does free VMC mean? Just that instead of trading out a feat you simply acquire the class feature at no cost?

I think it might get more attention once people've put together their apps for PLD and Legacy. All the games are closing close to each other and Shardwalkers has biggest chargen rules and the least advertisement, if I was applying to all of them I'd make my Shardwalker character last.

yep

Yeah that's the idea.

Variant
Multi
Class

Yeah, it's basically my attempt to meet the gestalt fad halfway.

another way to do mini-gestalt might be to let people gestalt with one prestige class when they qualify, which might be just enough to make PrCs actually worth it for a change

Right.
A-anyone got the redone VMC chart the DM cooked up?

See here It's not re-done except for Gunslinger and Monk, the others are all homebrewed VMCs for the hybrid and alternate classes (and Vigilante).

Nice. Dunno when I'll get around to anything, but I might try to make a real App out of that C@, though that requires bloodforge silliness.

Session 2 of my game just finished and it went well. I was afraid it would cancel due to scheduling, but I got a core group of 3 that showed up on time. 4th guy vanished. No big deal.

I would greentext, but my two parties have already diverged and I don't want them gleaning information off of each other.

Bon Bon user here. Should I change my character portrait to pic related? It's the only other good piece of jester girl art I could find.

Were you the guy with DHB in your party?

She looks...less jubilant. Less creepy, I personally find this one less interesting than the other.

I'd say use Harle from Chrono Cross, but people would think you're an expy...

Yep. Still having a good time with him.

That's what I was thinking.

I have since redone the backstory for my submission (Ricard). Maybe some time in the future you can have another look?

Ask the DM privately on Roll20 and go with what his dick tells him.

My opinion don't matter, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the first one. Nothing wrong with this one either, really, but I do like the first better.

Does anyone have a copy of the Legendary Kineticists II playtest?

Nice, what happened? Also, was the 4th a raw game drop or a "couldn't make it today".

Any news on Starfinder?

You need some memes, bro.
It might actually do you some good to make your game lewd. Just lie about it, you don't actually have to.

Dragon Game 2 done, Greentext Inbound

Please don't. Less applicants, better for me.

Neato.

have this one on the house

Original 4th player had some personal things get in the way and dropped just after session 1. I grabbed another applicant and he seemed to want to play, but then at some point he just left the discord and the roll20game without a word. I don't think he even entered the virtual tabletop.

He's already got Amalthea as one of the apps. Really, if that can't start memes, nothing will.

Except if someone made Shantae.

just give up user, I already have

Apparently lizardmen are a core race, and their default culture is stoicism/Klingon.

What were you going to apply with?

As for what happened, what I can talk about is that they found a prostitute brutally murdered with some kind of bleeding magic as well as light slashing wounds.

They later got somewhat involved in a petty conflict and that lead to the city guard ganging up on them and bullying them. Apparently the gunslinger drew attention with his gun, but that was more of an excuse. Party got beaten up badly, especially with the guard captain with his expensive armor showed up. They woke up with some gold missing and some ability damage from their joints getting mangled up.

I already have applied, I'm the archerdin. I don't have high hopes though.

So the Species so far are:

'Umies
Rocket Rodents
Robots
Psychic Not Eldar (did they have 4 arms?)
And Lizardfolk?

How long till it becomes a full blown Pokemon setting with so many species?

>average HP
>7 for a class with d6 hit die
that isn't average at all!

it's what you get after two levels, though!

So lewd game or no, what's the kind of waifu you'd be looking for in an arabian nights kind of setting?
And does Legacy of Fire have any decent waifu/husbando characters?

>d6 average = 3.5
>3.5 x 2 = 7
Max hp for first level plus average for the next two is 6 + 7, or 13 before you add Constitution, Toughness, or FCB.

Odds are, every Pathfinder race will either be featured (if not necessarily core), or at least convertible.

Maybe it's my age speaking, but my ultimate waifu is simply friendly and stable. She's the sort that will see I'm having a problem, and make me a warm drink, snuggle, and ask me about my problems. She's reliable and I can trust her completely. And when the situation is reversed, I help her, hold her, and she can trust me just as much to be strong for her.

And apart from that, it's pretty open-ended?

I dunno, there seem to be a few decent waifus in the GM's setting document, but it kinda depends on taste.

Man that's weird, I'm so used to average round up.

Evens and odds ain't that strange, really.

Eh, I see both. Generally it's just half rounded down on odds, half rounded up on even levels.

Dragon Game Duo, Session one. SHOWTIME!

>We start off our adventure like most do. In a tavern. For breakfast.
>Aurora, Liozis, Rorymei decide to have lunch together, occationally giving scraps of food to Aurora's very large dog Fluffnir.
>Calsi (aka Jessica rabbit) Is brooding on how to recover her repuation after getting in a cat fight with her singing rival. Rinka is also brooding in a corner... but this is just to look cool.
>Rorymei, Aurora and Liozis Spends some time catching up, when a very large lady comes in, nearly nine feet tall and Zaftig to a fault sits down with them.
>The lady attempts to say that she's a traveler of some kind before saying to hell with it and revealing she's The Queen. She's been Talent hunting for Champions, And it just so happens the people she's been keeping an eye on were all in this particular Tavern.
>She invites the others, Who are particularly excited to be dealing with the queen. Both acting very smug in their own fashion. (Calsi is extactic that The Queen has been watching her perform. And Rinka is glad to have her VAST MAGICAL POWER recognized.)
>The queen subtly reveals that she's also considering Fluffnir as a champion too, which confuses the heck out of Aurora.
>BEEAM OF MAGIC! Fluffnir is revealed to be RORY ALL ALLONG!!
>Aurora has a freakout, as the dog she had been caring for the last three months is a large adult man, that she cuddled with, shared secrets with, and slept in the bed with.
>The Queen defuses the situation, barely. Discussing the job, explaining that much like a band, they'd be going on Tour.
>Calsi is over the moon and asks when they're going.
>Queen says that they have to deal with some domestic issues first.
>Rinka inquires about what their duties would be like. Demons? Undead? UNDEAD DEMONS!?!
>No it turns out its just Rebellion.

I'm a fan of "half HD, add 1" personally, it's a lot easier to keep track of than all of these .5s

Yes. It's cliche, but love is blind. We all have flaws, but love allows us to accept them. Having confidence that your partner is invested and will support you, no matter how bad things get, is a priceless gift. But you can't just.. claim that. It has to be proven. It's very difficult to sell in a backstory or the like. That's also why I gave the age quip there. It's hard to really appreciate until you're a bit older and see other couples and marriages fall apart.

That's criminal stalking at the least. Like, what the fuck even.

This is like that wizard who turned himself into an armoire just so he could be full of panties and watch the whores all day and night.

Does it bother you that people can't even read your OP application post and apply in the format you specified?

A bit, yes. I expect--actually I'm going to make it mandatory in a few days or so--that anybody who wants to apply should clean up their app and get it streamlined.

Well, that's nice.

What time zone / times are you aiming at? I see 6-8 but that might be in bongland for all I know.

>Rorymei and Rory aren't the same character

Oh.

The time given is at Pacific Time (GMT-8), but it's pretty flexible. It's not going to be that hard for me to carve out a bit of my evening or afternoon to accommodate most time zones.

Is there any way I can get a Sorcerer arcana from VMC? Because the Sorc VMC isn't great. Everything seems worse than Magus

That's pretty weird.

We call the cozy-tail trap Mei.

Rory is memedog, Rorymei is memetrap.

Cool.

So they have no particular relationship with each other, and the similar names are just a coincidence?

Roar.

That means "correct" in draconic.

>Old non-brown version of Aurora

REEEEEEEEEE

I'll consider a variant use of Eldritch Heritage to gain access to bloodline arcana, but the VMC is going to stay the same.

Pretty much. Rory is the opportunistic dog that, despite living in a society that doesn't pay for anything, will still beg in the form of a dog because it's more okay for a dog to pick up food scraps than it is for a man to do that.

Yeah, but it's all kayfabe, so at least this smacks more of something their players thought would be funny than actual creeping.

Besides, Rory always was kind of a scumbag even before the events of the last few days. Is anybody surprised at this?

>Okay when she said Rebellion, She actually meant Manhunt. As it turns out, for all her VAST MAGICAL POWER, The queen cant seem to find the Elected official that was supposed to be her liaison between her, and the Democratic government of The Demesne.
>The man himself wouldn't try anything too serious, according to The Queen, as the man is one of her previous lovers, and has fathered some of her most recent children. So it simply MUST be kidnapping.
>The Last place she knew he was staying was at the "Steaming Bodice Spa" which was a bathhouse and hotspring that the bath attendees would often solicit "favors" out of.
>The party's task was to find him! Or at least find the people who spirited him away.
>And with the Queen's own breakfast order arrived, which can be summed up as "everything", the party starts to make their way off.
>Buuut there are some issues to work out first.
>namely the fact That Rory spent the last 3 months taking advantage of Aurora's hospitality, and was in general being rather rude.
>The final straw is broke when Rory lets slip of a secret passtime of Aurora, when she demands her pound of flesh, right then right there.
>It took some MASSIVE amounts of calming down from the rest of the party, and some prostration from Rory himself to talk her down to a single punch.
>A punch that took him down to half health and broke his jaw. But one punch. And no more table scraps!
>With things de-escalated to "okay-ish levels" they head towards this spa.
>When they get there, things are amiss. For one, no one is there, the spa was 24 hour with at least a few attendants, But no one.
>Further exploration finds the place in disarray with signs of conflict, including split body oils and scorch marks from lightning bolts.
> further exploration find that a MAGIC CIRCLE was carved into the main hot spring. Which when touched creates a portal to the mountains south of The Demense in Thuvia.
>the session ends with the discovery of a stone path down.

New race is klingon expies. The description they gave looks like it was written with the wiki entry for klingons open on another monitor, and they have virtually nothing interesting to distinguish them from your bog standard "rar space war" race.

Probably for the best. They need to include a race for all those people who like the bog-standard space warriors and leave them vague and uninteresting enough to for players to play around with. No irony, it's like making sure you include standard dwarves in every setting.

Oh neat, it looks like the real world drama got sort of incorporated into the session itself and was resolved there too. That's actually pretty clever in my opinion.

BUT WHAT WAS THE PASSTIME?

dogfucking, obviously

One would hope so.
But I foresee future problems. That shit wasn't the kind of thing that you can just brush under the rug without lingering resentment, and RoryAnon doesn't really seem the kind of personality who can leave well enough alone.
I hope I'm wrong.

>I can't believe it's not butterdog

Peeping into Calsi's dressing room through a hole in the wall (that she made)