I don't think I was able to find a thread for the new OotS, not in the Catalog, nor the Archive, so here we go

I don't think I was able to find a thread for the new OotS, not in the Catalog, nor the Archive, so here we go.
Apologies if there was already a thread about it.

Roy's getting fucked up more. Oh, and Belkar's been reunited with SOME of the party.

So plot moving forward here, Balkar has been recovered. Haley, V and Belkar have been left behind.
Is there anything else actually useful in this strip?

But hey, that's in a month. Not gonna complain too hard.

Anyone else think that one of them is going to find Roy's sword on the way to the ship?

I really hope Rich is japing here, and Roy takes some time to meditate on his new found magic sword powers and is able to materialize the weapon into his hands.
Dude already spent over a hundred strips without his primary weapon. Why again?

I can't tell if he was panderings to SJWs or being sarcastic with that frost giant's lines.

Pandering.

Pandering, Rich has made a lot of money from the Tumblr crowd

He already had a strong, competent female party member and a gender-ambiguous elf. He really doesn't have to pander that hard.

Sadly, he does. I remember the forum complaining about misogyny when Haley and her rival (whose name eludes me) started namecalling each other.

>BY THE WAY I AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT FEMALE FROST GIANT WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN
wew

>Two women who hate each other insult one another while trying to kill one another.
>OMG SEXIST PIG HOW DARE YOU DEPICT WOMEN BEING INSULTED REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I hate people sometimes.

Pretty much. You get a big enough group everywhere and some cunt is going to find something inane to bitch about. I'm honestly just following this comic now out of sheer inertia because I want to know how it eventually ends.

How come we never talk about Erfworld on here, anyway? I like that setting.

There's never enough pandering if your ideology only values constant, progressing improvement. There must always be more pandering.

That spoiler.
My brother of African descent

Where's Erfworld these days? I only followed it as far as it was hosted on GitP.

erfworld.com m8. I stopped reading on GITP when they started the whole "half the comic's going to be words" but a thread a while back convinced me to go back. It's half words, half comic pages now, and honestly, the word pages aren't terrible. It's easy to tell at a glance if it's going to be interesting to read, and it's usually relevant to the plot at hand.

Hamster does some clever shit, and there's more mechanics introduced. It's worth a read.

The party is split again. Is this arc gonna be called "Vampires, BTW, Don't split the party twice!"?

>That painfully shoehorned in grrrrrrrrrrrl power shit
>The fact that either finding Roy's sword, or getting the party back together is going to take at least 50+ strips

As soon as I read that comic, I know that someone would come here berserking about girl power and trying to twist it into something that personally offends them.

Well, that didn't take long.

If Rich were hit by car RIGHT NOW, and died of his wounds, which would make you sadder:

The nonsensical loss of life?

Or the fact that there would be no more OoTS?

You're free to interpret it in whichever way makes you feel like more of a victim.

Ah, I see you've already got that covered. Congratulations on being a beseiged fortress of rationality surrounded by mindless evil subhumans.

I did the best with what I could

Gold as usual.

>just caught up
Roy, you have like two jobs, Roy.
Roy one of your jobs is to swing the sword roy
TO SWING THE SWORD ROY!
NOT THE SAME AS TO DROP IT ROY!
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE COMPETENT ROY!

This is why weapon cords are considered OP.

It could be argued that the need for pandering is because the ideology *doesn't* value constant, progressing improvement, but rather prefers public signaling behaviors over actual improvement to begin with.

Probably the dented bumper on the car.

At this point appealing to female vanity is socially regressive.
Nothing like further infantalizing women & locking them in a full time job & debt when they're healthiest for breeding.

>tfw car frames are made so shit these days, that hitting a person will actually damage the car.

Cars use to be able to take hits from trucks and deer man....

Your echo chamber began with a female character in a webcomic being portrayed as competent.

I can see how you got from there to the tired and overused cliché of pretending that treating people with any sort of respect or considerations is "infantilizing" and that REAL respect means being an edgy antagonistic asshole, but it's still quite a leap of logic.

Oh right, sorry Women.

I forgot you needed Rich Burlew to come out and tell you that you are a much better worker than all the men in your workplace and that you just need to stop 'holding back'.

Thanks Rich Burlew, you made me see the light

Are you really that stupid? Cars took hits from trucks, yes, and broke every bone of the occupants as the whole energy was passed right along onto their bodies. Modern cars have something called crumple zones you moron PRECISELY to take the hit instead of passengers, car's hood can be replaced, broken neck cannot.

>Modern cars have something called crumple zones you moron PRECISELY to take the hit instead of passengers, car's hood can be replaced, broken neck cannot.

Yeah but it now means any fat idiot or elk walking in front of my car can do thousands of dollars worth of damage , while an old school trans am would mostly take the damage on its suspension and be good with a few sturdy hammer blows.

the modern emphasis on passenger safety in cars is another reason why this society of ours is degenerate and falling apart.

Are you not getting the fact that you're trading off damaging your car more for not actually fucking dying from the impact?

natural selection is a thing you stupid twat

That's what airbags are for, idiot! The driver is fine, and passengers like wives or kids can get time in hospital, or if that's too expensive, can be replaced. Cars are important!

Shoot yourself in the head so the world has a better chance of having humans who can survive being shot in the head.

Yet in the process, you're making a car more like a baby's cradle. One might say that you're infantilizing drivers and pedestrians if you build safer cars.

Since this thread is clogged with trolling:

What would a good opening image to an Erfworld thread be? One of Parson's klogs describing the world? The next/most recent update?

sexy tiny women

>"Nah, I'm actually a Little Human"

That's not how that works you moron. He's got to SURVIVE getting shot in the head in order to become immune to it.
It's like you fucking didn't even watch Dragonball Z or something.

God.

Hamstard, of course.

>"It's good you're finally ready to admit he's essentially your pet."

So Belkar's still faking it?

Damn, I want to fuck that frost giant.

Me neither.

>Defending that dialogue.

It's a joke don't be so triggered that you have to go hide in your safe space buddy