>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to AREANet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer

Take chances.
Get messy.
Make mistakes.
And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

>Pastebin: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: get.chummer.net
>Issue tracker: issues.chummer.net
>Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.itemcards.com/runners
u.nya.is/ptxqgn.zip
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/1napj6/everyone_is_dead_san_francisco_is_a_radioactive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has your runner team ever come face to face with a famous actor, musician, or otherwise celebrity?

How did it go? There was most likely a job involved, so was it anything more than protection?

Well, in our setting we had a runner that ended up retiring and becoming a huge success over in the CAS. She came back at one point five years later to help out on one more job as a personal favor to my character, since he was the one that helped give her money to jump-start her career back in the day.

It went terrible. She got shot to dying, our mage got geeked and we had to flee the country to avoid the wrath of Shiawase after we accidentally broke the merchandise we were supposed to deliver to them. But she at least lived.

We're not good at this at all.

Alright, why is there nothing like a fucking tactical vest/bandolier? How the hell do runners carry their spare fucking clips?

Probably by adding Gear Access to their armor of choice. Maybe adding it to a cloak instead.

Just fluff it on to your armor jacket faggot.

Globetrotter Clothing, cunt. Enjoy.

My players rescued a Yankees utility player in after a go-gang from Yonkers kidnapped him.

They got season tickets on the house, plus a decent payday.

Yeah, multiple times.

Once it was another runner team led by an up-and-coming rapper if I recall correctly. We killed his whole team. He wasn't very happy with that.

Another time... I'm blanking on what the job was entirely, but we had to sabotage this one musician for some of it, so we knocked him out, and our face disguised himself as the musician, and took his place in the show. Our face then composed an incredibly offensive rap (IRL composed it even) against orks and trolls, and I as the decker replaced whatever was supposed to be on the display screen with footage of police on troll/ork brutality.
That was a... fun time. Really riled up the elves at the show, since the guy we replace was an elf and it was a mainly elf venue. Also horrifically offended his ork friend, another musician, in the crowd coming to make up with him for some sort of falling out. And then we set the ork friend on fire with the on-stage pyrotechnics. All in all it was a bad day for him.

How much is 4th edition's "Sixth World Almanac" viable for 5e? If not then what else should I get to learn about the setting?

up to 2072. but shadowrun 5e is at 2077 thanks to rigger 5.0.

>who the fuck knows?

To be honest, it's still mildly up to date. I don't believe there was anything massive other than something with CFD in Manhattan.

The book is still, 100% definitely good for giving you some background information.

How do you name runners?

I either get nicknamed during the campaign, or find a synonym for the thing my character does well.

For example, I played an extremely tactical operator who used copious amounts of chemical weapons (so much so he stockpiled over 200 canisters of Seven-7,) that I was nicknamed Dust. No I don't know how that makes sense, but it was still cool, I guess.

If you're really blanking for a runner handle, this can kickstart some ideas. shadowrun.itemcards.com/runners Not always super original, but if you find something that fits...

Also, unrelated, but the cyberware fiberoptic hair, how do you all picture that? Like those little wiggly light up toy things with hairs (pictured), or do you think the tech would get cooler?

Also also, is there something you can use that's less conspicuous for changing hair color/style/type or are we still sticking with good old fashion wigs for that?

>No I don't know how that makes sense
Seriously Chummer? That's pretty obvious
Chemicals often come in form of powder, so Dust
You are a tactical operator, so they only find Dust
And with all that Seven-7 some day that city block is gonna bite the Dust

Think of what makes your runner. His looks, his personality, his gear, his mannerisms
Got it in your head? Good

Now try to insult them based on that

what they're good at, or what they're shit at to be ironic. Name a Ork or Troll twinkletoes, for example.

frankly the only way I'd ever want to do alternative hair is to install cyberware to make all your hairs into monofilament wires. Now that would be a fucking sweet as hell battle plan.

Wired Reflexes?

or

Move by wire?

or

Synaptic Boosters?

or

Something completely different

Used wired reflexes 3

Drugs. Loads and loads of Drugs

Or good old sticker alchemy buffing.

The only true answer.

Something in their past that refering to a success, a fuck-up or a big moment.
A description to personality or appearance.

For instance, a monowhipping self-centered cat shaman I had was named razor cat.
My current one is a shadowrunner who badly want to be a cop and is called Maverick.

It depends on the runner. They could be named after something specific that happened, a specific thing they were associated with, or it could be ironic. It could also just be something "fitting" that sticks well enough.

My most recent character was a sewer dwelling SURGE mutant with traits of both alligators and catfish. He was just called Scum by most people.

Synaptic Boosters if you can afford it, drugs if you can't.
Wired Reflexes/Move by wire are way too fucking essence expensive to be worth.

The only good use i've seen for cyber-based initiative boosting was an adrenaline junkie of a getaway driver that combined move-by-wire 3 with one of those double-bandolier autoinjectors loaded full of Accelerator. Unless you absolutely must have maximum initiative at any cost, cyber just isn't worth the ess cost in comparison to bioware options.

If you name your runner yourself then you deserve to be assraped by Harlequin.

Your street name should come naturally, given to you in game.

What name do you get for arseraping Harlequin?

u.nya.is/ptxqgn.zip

I need some weirdy-beardy adept types to try and break this. It's a new version of Chummer that's got *hopefully* better implemented adept powers and such. Main change is alterations to the power control to look a bit better, displaying activation costs and better implementation of bonuses from sources like qi foci and mentor spirits. I think I've fixed the major issues already, but there's quite likely something I've missed.

How do I play a competent AR-based decker at chargen? Don't want to be in the van all day.

Any tips regarding gunslingers or shooty people in general?

What's actually been changed, aside from the layout? Things like Attribute Boost don't currently appear to be showing activation costs, unless I'm missing something.

Get augments to boost agility, intuition, logic and initiative, and boost initiative and mental stats with drugs. You're better off buying a cheapish deck and modding it to hell with Data Trails than buying a shiny one right off the bat. Hell, if you need to go bargain bin get a Transys Avalon/Evotech Himitsu and shove an attack dongle into it, it'll do until you get an actual deck in-game if you haven't got enough scratch for one at char creation.

Alright, got a bug.

If you take a rank in Improved Ability: Skill, it doesn't matter the skill in this case. But the max cap on how high the rating can be on the power is determined at the time of taking it.

So, if you take it when you have zero ranks, you can only get 1 rank in the power, even if you immediately raise the skill itself up to R6, you still can't edit the actual power rating.

However, once moved to Career mode, this no longer appears to apply. Granted, Career ALSO removes any restriction whatsoever on how high it can go, despite being intended to be capped at 1/2 your actual rating.

Getting creative with your devices is good for your bank, too. If you can get a commlink with excellent firewalls, you can slave your deck to it and that's one more stat on your array you can gut and reallocate into other stats.

Get a way to boost initiative, even if it's just developing a jazz habit. Enough for 2 passes is good, getting to 3 reliably is often prohibitive.

Find a way to hit 21 or higher for initiative, get agile defender or whatever the AGI full defense quality is, pump your RC to 5 and use long bursts.

And don't forget, edge is never a dump stat.

Is there a way to make the matrix and decking parts of the game move along quicker? We just started playing, and it currently feels like decking and hacking is the majority of the planning phase, while everyone else just seems to twiddle their thumbs waiting for results.

What action is it to jazz up in combat? Complex?

I am honestly not sure, but I figure pumping an inhaler would be relatively simple.

Not all of the powers have their activation costs added, that part's just a proof of concept.
Well that's interesting. The binding is clearly working as it's part of the same segment of code that applies the maximum for total magic, but the skill code seems to make it fail out early. Odd. Good catch, I'll look into it.

As far as what's changed, technically pretty much everything. There's not a lot of code that was left untouched; the major changes are the alterations between how the properties for powers get calculated; previously, a power would just have a Rating. That Rating would be compiled from FreeLevels and the BaseRating, but since it wasn't stored safely, weird things would happen. Specifically, mentors and qi foci broke things quite excessively. My major worry is supporting existing characters; I'm not entirely sure that all existing powers and foci will be translated properly; they MIGHT work if you use Reapply Improvements and all the characters I've tested so far have worked more or less properly, but I still don't trust it.

Oh, there's also currently a bug where the label for PP shows up as the PREVIOUS value; I haven't sorted that out yet.

Is there anything else I should take for a junkie? Currently have narco, nephritic screen rating 6 and drug tolerant.

Get pharma grade drugs
and before you ask: No, they aren't implemented in chummer5 yet

I built a decker without a deck. he was the first Johnson. His deck was stolen and he hires the group to help him get it back.
he was quite skilled with a pistol.
Seven Samurai quote ; "We have no money to hire samurai!" "Find some hungry Samurai."

Rip off something incredibly famous and specific and then claim never to have heard of it when called out.

>What's a 'Metal Gear?' I'm telling you, 'Revolver Ocelot' is a completely original name.

Since Wired Reflexes and Move By Wire both work with drugs you can afford lower rating versions, at better grades, while maintaining your 'competitive edge' at a far cheaper price than the Synaptic Boosters.

As for the essence cost, unless you're a social build, magic, or going for full body prosthesis it's not really an issue.

Complex Cha+Performance [Social] vs Cha+Will. You're probably taking a hefty penalty to your pool, but if allowed you're still getting +1 initiative per 2 hits.

And sometimes style and being able to break out Flamenco Sketches is worth the extra effort.

Now, the drug is most common found in a single shot inhaler, so probably just a simple action if you got a good popper. If you didn't it may be a complex action to shake up and then inhale. But that works to about the same as if you had to retrieve the good popper and then use it (depending on how you had it stored).

Can you turn ally spirits into great forms? The ritual applies to every form of bound spirit, doesn't it?

>make all your hairs into monofilament wires

>And in other news, a man walking down the street sneezed and shredded his head and shoulders. Police have determined the cause to be suicide, because nobody with the slightest hint of self preservation would have done that. Trideo at 11.

Why is the Aztlan flag spattered with salsa

Why

Lunch accident just prior to the flag unveiling ceremony, and the washing machine was broken.

Better question: What asshole designs a flag with a gradient?

Shadowrun flags are almost/entirely garbage, it's awful.

How would you stat a 6th world equivalent to the vintorez?

Basically, shorter range sniper rifle, integral silencer, 10-20 round magazines, hits about as hard as a smaller caliber rifle but the ammo has AP out of the ass to compensate

I was thinking of going for reusing AK-97 stats with Single shot and technically burst, +AP and a smaller mag with a very illegal availability tag, under the longarms skill.

Everything you just posted is really, really wrong.

>Everything you just posted is really, really wrong.
Huh?

If there's a more fun thing than playing the team's sole moral compass and sacrificing yourself for the team or the greater good in the dark 6th world, I don't know what it is.

Because the azzies have the subtlety of a dead vole
neo-confederates, it would seem.

Is it worth taking cybertechnology if I plan to take cyberlimbs? Or should I just leave that sort of stuff to my street doc?

Leave it to your street doc.

Leave it out. There's no rules for taking damage/repairing cyberlimbs so it's almost certainly not going to come up at all, and odds are good you won't have the LOG to use it anyways

Sniper Rifle, uses Assault Rifle concealability and ranges

Only fires APDS Rounds (calculated into Damage Code)
9p, -8 AP, 15(c), SA, 16F, 15k Nuyen
Integrated Suppressor and Smartgun

I'll take it for flavor and for substituting knowledge skills, but it's worthless mechanically.

There isn't really rules for keeping gear on your person short of "the GM gets to decide if you are being a fuckbag about it". Gear Access and Holsters give you explicit rules about hiding and quick-drawing your gear but that's about it. The GM is gonna assume you have pockets for most things.

It looks okay without the salsa

Either make non-combat decking a breeze/handwave half the rolls as "you're competent enough to do it" or give your players incentives to use non-decking as part of their planning phase. Give your players ranks in Computer for them to do some of the data searching them-damn-selves, you shouldn't need a hacker to do a google search for you. Give the building a Spider while in planning phases so the Decker will tell the team "Yeah hacking that is gonna get me killed" and then have them find a matrix advertisement for a third shift spider being needed for the building so they can stake it out and then during the run not get the decker killed participating. Say that their matrix security is either nonexistant or top-notch and encourage astral scouting or physical scouting. Say that there's paydata in a closed host in the basement that they have to physically get the decker to.

Decking runs best when it's working in tandem in the midst of the turn order. Having your party storm a bank, one initiative phase at a time, while your decker disables their guns and the mage shoots spells is SR as it was meant to be. The decker will have a lower lethality rate since he's not soloing the building/spider/etc, and your party won't be sitting on heir ass waiting for him to finish so they can have fun. So force the whole party to help the decker do recon - those cameras on the building every faggot wants you to hack for him are on a closed system, you'll need to get the decker inside so he can hack them and then keep people away-busy while he does.

Not really, although it could be redeemed.
Remove the complex symbol inside the octagon, the red outline around the octagon, and change the curved line between the green and grey to a straight line going from the lower left to upper right corner, and then you might have a nice flag.

>Remove the complex symbol inside the octagon
Do you hate the IRL Bandera Mexicana too?

I took it but my streetsam has 7 logic so I've actually got a use for it. Take 1 point for flavor so you can say that you perform daily maintenance on them and stuff, otherwise not really useful.

I actually hate it even more than the azzie flag, as the IRL mexico flag is hard to differentiate from the italian flag at a distance, which defeats the entire point of a flag.
Seriously, if the only way you can differentiate your flag from that of another nation is by slapping an eagle on, you need to redesign your flag.

....Why does you sammy have 7 LOG?

Because her main role is breaching and that required Demolitions.

So I figured I'd make an ex-EOD street sam.

I was kind of intending to sass you there but you doubled down on it.
I might not agree with you but I have to respect your strongly-held opinions about Flag Design.

so the decker can't make fun of him for being slow, why else?

One of my players was telling me that the supplements for 5th are super hit or miss. How true/untrue is this and which ones are the superior ones that I should pick up? I'm GMing if that matters.

>How true/untrue is this
Complete lies It's more miss than hit

Pick up the ones for each "class" ideally. Rigger 5, Chrome Flesh, etc.

Let's just say that there are reasons /srg/ promotes the piracy of Shadowrun materials (and not just because of Bathroomgate).

Are there any 'Warlocks' in Shadowrun, in the sense of an awakened character who bargained with some external power for their magic, or for more powerful magic?

The Black Magic tradition in Street Magic mentions they 'are prone to striking spirit pacts with greater spirits and dark patrons', but doesn't really say what those entities they're making pacts with ARE.

Spirits, you mong.

Aspected Summoner

Yes. Read street grimoire, spirit pacts.

From the last thread their is noise reduction clothing ( I guess up to rating 6) but you have to be facing the object in question.
bloody business pushes it to 2078
>for because
and does each team member need to buy a PI tac? And is the device boost to firewall for rating 2/3 the commlink/deck/rcc device rating or the pitacs rating?

I'm an autist about my dice and my DM is going to have us all try shadowrun soon.
I've started looking into the stats a bit to make my char and it looks like I'm going to need a few need sixes. The store is kinda far though, so I wanted to ask how many is enough to be sure.

Also I've only skimmed over them since I don't plan on making a decker but an adept instead, but the matrix rules look like they could get heavily time consuming FAST. Should I ask my dm about this?

I'll also take any general adept advice you feel is good for rookies.

Polite picture bump.

Depends on your group and game edition. Generally, I'd say Dice pools above 20 are EXTREMELY rare, though, so maybe consider seeing if you can scrape up that amount.

>but the matrix rules look like they could get heavily time consuming FAST
I don't know if it gets better over time or depending on what your doing, because we only just started playing, but it does feel like decking takes up a bunch of time compared to anything else

Just get one of those 36d6 sets Chessex do and you're set.

In all seriousness, you're going to want a diceroller app rather than actual d6s unless you really want physical dice.

If you get actual dice, get like 30+, just to be safe.

The biggest roll you'll probably run into is soak, so have at least your Armor+BOD or your Best-Skill+Attribute give or take a few dice.

It does get easier when both sides (player and GM) understand rules and general difficulties, and the decker has a couple of developed strategies to slap down marks and use them instead of fucking around in cyberspace, marking this thing or that one 'just in case' and not sure how to get from Points A to B.

Thats unfortunate. How bad do they get?

Most of them are written in character. It's a mess.

Bleh. Is the only issue how they write it or do the actual mechanics/ setting shit they add suck ass too?

Well, the good books have good stuff in them. Run & Gun, Run Faster, Chrome Flesh, and Street Grimoire do have some good stuff in them.
I don't really read the fluff, it's abysmal.

All the rules and shit are scattered around too, it's maddening to try and find anything sometimes.

Figures. How is the older edition stuff? I'm thinking primarily for setting purposes (since I don't really have the time or will to translate anything mechanical to 5th)

They focus too much on fluff that is rendered uncertain and blurry by unreliable mary-sue narrators (read: self-inserts of the writing staff that get paid not in money, but in permissions to self-fellate themselves in published material) and the editing is utter garbage. If not for wikis and chummer the average person wouldn't be able to find half the things they needed without spending thirty minutes scanning the Table of Contents and back page Index.Furthermore spelling errors, mathematical inconsistencies, and gear statting that makes absolutely NO fucking sense in-universe is the them of practically every sourcebook to be published by CGL.

The older editions didn't have as big of a problem with this, however it was easy for players and GMs alike to drown in fluff. But fluff was (for the most part) organized neatly and didn't require new errata every month. And the rules were a bit more complex and bloated in certain aspects (and not necessarily for the better). That being said, I've been playing SR since second edition and I still prefer 4th and 5th over the older stuff.

Check the Sixth World Almanac(4e) for general details on the setting's timeline and places. If you want detailed information on specific countries check the Shadows of ... (3e) books. For information of criminal syndicates check Vice (4e). Check Attitude (4e) for information about culture, music and reasons for shadowrunning

Everything else depends on what you want to know

>mathematical inconsistencies
What are you referring to? Ain't doubting you, I just haven't noticed anything funky

Good to know. Thanks

Best example: Speeds of vehicles
The guy in charge used simple numbers for the speeds, but afterwards they added kph numbers to them without asking him
which means that with the fastest car, and a spirit with movement power you could have a vehicle that moved at ~12000c
that's right, approximately 12000 times the speed of light in a vacuum
this is also a good example for this: reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/1napj6/everyone_is_dead_san_francisco_is_a_radioactive/

Perhaps "mechanics fuckery" would have been better to use. Some of the worst offenders are the Availability system as a whole with fairly innocent or ubiquitous items being illegal just because, or the infamous speed-of-light bike which has been mentioned in /srg/ more than a few times because of how fucking stupid it is.

just to clarify, the "speed of light" bike is in the link here