The bard's player actually brings a guitar to the table and is going to sing songs about our adventures

>The bard's player actually brings a guitar to the table and is going to sing songs about our adventures
oh hey that's pretty cool

>He knows like, three bars, has zero grasp of meter and absolutely sucks at singing but he's our friend so it would be a dick move to tell him to cut it out
Nevermind this is hell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UqU7W8LdRd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Talk to him about it

I'm DM for a group, and we're about to start a side campaign so I can actually play.
Planning to play a bard and bring a recorder to play, so the party can know the annoyance they put me through every week.

>tfw your friend is still better than I am

I never learned how to tune the thing in that high school class and haven't been able to practice properly on my own in years.

Anyway, just let him down gently.

>I have a problem with another player in my group
that's unfortunate

>Instead of talking about it out loud to him like a big boy, I'm going to whine and throw a temper-tantrum about it on Veeky Forums
Sure, you do that

>knows three chords
If it's good enough for The Clash, it's good enough for you.

>Typing the equivalent of "aww shucks" is now a temper tantrum

Fuck off with your bitching.

The Clash were actually very capable musicians who had much more skill than necessary for bare-bones DIY punk.

>Listening to literal garbage.
I bet you don't even giggle when you hear the lick.

Maybe he'll play better when he levels up

Lmao

I won't bring my guitar until I learn how to play Classical Gas

By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do.

It would be totally awesome if that's where he's going with this, but probably not.

Jesus shit titty fucking christ on a cracker. balls.

This, motherfuckers, is the approach you need to take.
Manning up, consolidating your balls, or what the shit ever can be done with a positive attitude.
fuck.

"It was a lot of fun at first, but I'm getting some complaints how it's affecting the game's time and pacing. Maybe we should back off on it for a bit and then bring it back later."

>The monk player gave long, flowery names to all of his techniques.
huh.
>The monk player assigned a macro to call out the names of his attacks whenever he rolls them
yeah, this'll get old.
and that monk was me

"For the sake of timing, all performances must be under 10 seconds. Maybe send us a youtube link if you're working on a longer piece..."

So, if I'm a bard, can I play an electric guitar? Because I'd like to imagine myself as that guitarist on the war rig in Mad Max, that's what I think a bard is.

>He knows like, three bars, has zero grasp of meter and absolutely sucks at singing but he's our friend so it would be a dick move to tell him to cut it out.

That sounds like my old assassin character. Zero musical but he still carried a lute to keep up appearances. Turns out the folks who hire bards are often subject to assassination attempts.

>ywn play in a group with a talented songwriter who puts your adventures in space into song
youtube.com/watch?v=UqU7W8LdRd4

>but he's our friend so it would be a dick move to tell him to cut it out
If he really is your friend, you should be able to tell him that he sucks in a slightly joking manner

>positive attitude

You naive fool.

That's why my bard plays on a horn.
I can just go "toot-toot" and it's a fairly reasonable representation of it.

/thread