EDH/Commander General

Remove Riff Raff Ediiton

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>>Thread question
What song represents your deck the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qZx97eHDSX8
youtube.com/watch?v=OffF0e2h4TU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g
youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
youtu.be/7DljgSrTbNE
youtube.com/watch?v=LByiVlc6czA
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/babys-first-xenagos-edh-deck/
youtube.com/watch?v=dp7gm_mRA4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w
youtube.com/watch?v=W0QxN6Il6q4
geekdad.com/2015/08/magic-gathering-arena-planeswalkers-review-giveaway/
youtu.be/eIri9YLHpOg
youtube.com/watch?v=XRU1AJsXN1g
youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=26wrvblgGP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What song represents your deck the best?

youtube.com/watch?v=qZx97eHDSX8

Being the dumbass I am, I mistook "existential despair" as an actual card and googled it. Pic related was the first result I got for it in images. Is this a sign, /edh/?

Sounds like it'd be a card

youtube.com/watch?v=OffF0e2h4TU

>Crovax, Ascendant Evincar

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

It's meta on soo many levels.

youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Great, looking forward to all the crap songs blogposting

YOU FOOL YOU'LL SUMMON HIM

>No Ajani
>No Garruk
Seriously, fuck Nissa and fuck Gideon. I don't like Jace either, but he seems to be the Wizards pet boy so I understand including him. Is the only reason because they're only monocoloured walkers with more than 1 card?

(OP)
Pls, no more autism.
youtu.be/7DljgSrTbNE

>it's another EDH /mu/ edition thread

Reminder that songposting is the worst kind of discussion, and it doesn't even get (you)'s

>Monowhite EDH
My Aryan

youtube.com/watch?v=LByiVlc6czA

Alternate questions.

>What is the most annoying thing that has happened to you in game?

People discussing theme songs for their decks

blame Jojoanon

These guys are right, we should complain about Braids/Rofellos being banned and stax/MLD being unfun

is that real?

reposting and asking for suggestions
no budget restrictions
casual
no inf cuz am baby
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/babys-first-xenagos-edh-deck/

Guess before you check the spoiler pic
youtube.com/watch?v=dp7gm_mRA4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w
youtube.com/watch?v=W0QxN6Il6q4

>52212213

Nihil stone melts players if you go the discard route. Otherwise, Serra avatar/ascendant, ajani, other life based fuckery like aetherflux, or just the crushing despair of slow inevitably.

you goof'd, user

And then someone else needs to come in and talk about how Stax makes them "enlightened"

Then we can argue about whether Tazri is Tier 1 or unplayable garbage

Nuke thread, start over.
New thread when?
Relevant capcha

make new bread please
sage for saging sake

OH BOY DO I LOVE TELLING THIS FUCKING STORY

>Lgs weekly EDH tournament
>In a 3-man pod
>Fat jew guy and fat 2/10 chick
>Fat jew guy is playing Kambal like the jew he is.
>Chick is playing some shitty mono-back deck like she does every week
>Jewie plays Serra Ascendant turn one
>proceeds to beat both of our faces in for 6 turns while neither of us could draw removal
>Jewie and the fat chick just start talking about Bob's Burgers and flirting while her cuck husband runs around the store trying to contain their shit-spawn because they can't afford a babysitter but playing magic every week is in the budget
>Cast tooth and nail entwine while they're literally watch Bob's Burgers on Jewies new phone
>"Okay so I win?"
>Finally get their attention
>Jewie STPs my Mikaeus
>okay.jpg
>Jewie is at 97 life from Serra ascendant
>I'm at 5 life
>Fat chick is at like 20 something cause he stopped hitting her to hit on her
>Fat chick plays Sorin Markov
>Think that she'd make the correct play and make Jewies life total 10 to fuck him

>She makes my life total 10 then goes back to watching Bob's Burger clips with him

>mfw

I fucking hate this game.

worst edh thread ive ever seen

>is that real?
It's very much real

geekdad.com/2015/08/magic-gathering-arena-planeswalkers-review-giveaway/
looks like heroscape with a magic coat of paint, which could be neat

>Playing my ultra casual B/R Wort goblin tribal deck
>4 player game
>Against Numot, Ulamog and Ghave
>I'm mana screwed bad, can't draw any red mana
>finally topdeck 2 mountains, sitting on 5 lands on T7
>Attack Numot player for 6 dmg since he had no blockers up
>He gets visibly upset
>Numot player casts Numot, equips greaves and swings
>Ulamog player has Eye of Ugin
>He destroys both my Mountains

The Ulamog player won 3 turns later while I was Draw&Going

>One particularly annoying cuck at our table is a level 1 judge and gets free judge promos
>He regularly trades them for notably more expensive cards and makes $3000+ decks at regular
>We still trounce him regularly because we simply don't like him or his attitude
>He bitches and moans every single time he loses
Judges are the biggest faggots alive.

NEW THREAD

Quick, post your favorite cheap bullshit "I win" cards!

IRL it looks like a shit. The quality of minis is terrible

Rakdos is fun

People that focus others for dumbshit like this or shit that happened in past games should be executed.

Judge's with a superiority complex are faggots, I've played some great EDH games with a chill lvl 2 judge tho.

Let's not start this whole "Made a new thread cause the current thread was kinda shitty for the first few posts" trend please.

Obligatory

All your other r9k and pol shit aside

God do I hate when people bring their ill-behaved kids EVERY FUCKING TIME

Like, now and then, sure- sometimes the sitter falls through, stuff happens, whatever. And I'm fine when people bring their kids and they're not screaming hellspawn. But there's a guy in our area who would bring his two sons, both under the age of 6, every fucking time. And they would pick cards up off your board, they'd pick your deck up and look at it mid-game, they'd run up and down the shop screaming at the top of their lungs. Every time.

>STP on a 5/5
>Puts you at 5
So you were dead

>gets free judge promos
not how it works

This is literally just a bad Fireball though.

Fireball only shoots one guy. This one shoots everybody.

>playing sliver overlord vs karador jeleva and niv mizzet
>turn 9 have armageddon in hand and coat of arms
>float all mana then cast Armageddon and coat of arms
>*autistic screeching from karador player*
>swing and kill karador playor and jeleva
>karador player picks up his cards and stomps out for a smoke brake
>Niv miz player topdecks a island casts curiosity on niv miz
>combos out and beats me
I wasnt mad i lost i was annoyed that the 40 year old karador player had a temper tantrum and stomped out like a child

It still costs a shitload of mana and requires you to be at a higher life total than everyone else.

Why would you ever play this over Exsanguinate?

Or you can pay one black mana more for Exsanguinate, which doesn't require you to be at a higher life total than every other player, and doesn't put you an inch from death if someone has 2 blue mana ready

youtu.be/eIri9YLHpOg

There was an amount of turns between STP and the fat chick playing Sorin.

They're just actually the worst parents I've seen before. She just runs up and down the shop screaming and knocks shit off of the shelves and counter. We usually smoke out front between games too and the dad would let her just run around out front of the shop with no shoes on while we're all smoking.

I was in a game where a Circu player Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Crank milled us all out and some guy in his late 30's started swearing at him while he picked up his cards and stormed out while saying the whole event was shit.

>weekly EDH tournament

Stopped reading there. You deserved whatever shitty thing that happened.

>Kresh
>Thromok

Lmao @ you're liyfe

hurr how dare I go to my lgs and actually play the fucking game. Fuck off retard.

Easier to splash :^)

Reminder:

NEW THREAD

do you really think a billionaire has any shits to give about Veeky Forums?

Joke

Your head

>unironically being OK with being fake news

well memed good sir! I shall gild you for this great comment

>Fuck Gideon
I can understand hating Nissa, but Gideo is basically the only somewhat relatable character in the gaywatch. Chandra can go suck a dick though.

People can play EDH however they want. No sympathy is available, however, for someone who plays a multiplayer format so unsuited for competitive play as EDH in a tournament setting. Take the bitching elsewhere.

>Remove Riff Raff
no

Mine, preferably

>I don't like the discussion topic so I'm going to be a fucking baby about it instead of just waiting for the topic to change.

People weren't even answering the thread question anymore, you passive aggressive mongoloid.

>he plays EDH with anyone but his friends

>Being a pedo

youtube.com/watch?v=XRU1AJsXN1g

It's hardly competitive, it's just an organized event for people to come and play EDH at the lgs. I don't understand why all you autists are so afraid of going outside and playing the game with new people.

>not pub stomping lgs fags
Plen tier

>EDH tournament

b&

>I need a confidence boost by beating people trying to enjoy an EDH experience with my netdeck

Your picture works here.

Enjoy the vacation, kiddo!

>Queen Marchesa

She is by far my favorite deck but she is flat out banned by everyone at my LGS. I'm talking the owner strongly advises me not to play her in the tournaments because he received complaints about me and the deck banned. All it is is a simple punishment deck that makes you pay life for doing anything. It doesn't even really win. It just pings people for low damage. There are others in the store running bullshit combos that go off on turn one or two and no one cares. Whats with the hate?

This is a blueboard though. No age restrictions.
Eh, I stopped being interested in the lore after RoE, I can't remember any particular reason to hate chandra other than being bland and cliche incarnate.
Still, Ajani is my boy. I feel like he wasn't included because he's been in Naya colours in total and isn't monowhite.

what was it? gore? pizza?

> having friends

Kid saying he was 17

Yes, it's because of the MTG Movie in the works.
Magic origins shifted focus to those 5, in order to make it more movie-friendly. Nissa was the only other monogreen planeswalker besides Garruk. I would've prefered Elspeth to Gideon, but they killed her off too.

The worst part is that they kept Chandra. Chandra still has no personality after 2 blocks as a main character and 1 all about HER AND HER FAMILY. Koth would have been a way better core-red member. He was around for 1 block and has way more personality than they'll ever give Chandra. Plus if you're a faggot who cares about identity politics, he's black, he gets double diversity points.

I do like what they did with Gideon, but I would have prefered Elspeth. But the idea of Koth and Gideon bro-ing it up sounds great as well.

This is nü-Chandra, it's painful to read tbqh senpai.

>playing Magic

This card is interesting. I feel like making a Rakdos deck with a terrorism subtheme.

Master of Cruelties, Palace Siege (Dragons), Underworld Dreams, Megrim, No Mercy, Tyrannize. What else could I use to inflict untold horrors upon those who dare challenge me?

>This is a blueboard though. No age restrictions.

>Existing

Yeah, but less diversity points because can't have more dudes than chicks. If wizards makes it canon that Urza comes and genderwalks the man out of Koth so he becomes a strong black lesbian woman (male) then you get some mad diversity cred.
Jokes aside, I have no idea why choose Chandra over Koth. Why hasn't Chandra been killed yet?

Veeky Forums IS blueboard though.

youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
Or
youtube.com/watch?v=26wrvblgGP0

global rule friendo

>desperately want to buy some MM17 packs and some singles, because I have a new job and lots of money
>because I have a new job and lots of money, I never have time to go to my flgs
What do I do anons? How do you regular adult anons find time to have fun and buy magic cards?

I'm guessing because they didn't want to go back to New Phyrexia yet, as Koth isn't giving up there. Also, they probably they wanted to keep as many of the lorwyn 5 they could.

They also can't kill her off because if they kill anyone off, it will be Gideon. Also, she's the tumblr appeal and they're giving her weird sexual tension with Nissa.

>play on cockatrice
>playing xenagos with avg cmc of over 4
>leovold and rashmi
>cast turn 4 managorger
>bop leovold dude over the head with a 16/16 managorger
>get an enchantment removal spell through mana drain and force of will
xenagos was a forest
>rashmi opponent scoops when I play the third
>leovold guy sees that I have a 20/20 managorger before doubling and he's at 22 life
tfw avg cmc of over 4

And today on things that never happened, user rambled on about nothing thinking he was cool.

Yes, but "you must be 18 or older" applies to the whole site, not just the red boards.

>Filthy Acts Performed For a Reasonable Price

You literally don't have 15 minutes to pop into the store and buy a few packs?

Good. Let Chandra and Nissa fuck, so Chandra ignites Nissa's home tree and burns her dead along with all the veggies and knife ears. Then Chandra can kill herself out of depression. Liliana could raise them and let them do catfights in a ring while other walkers place bets.

this is why these threads fucking suck.

You can't talk about anything edh related without getting flamed by some faggot but posting your commanders fucking theme song is an acceptable post.

>Butthurt: The Post

Huh, I must be retarded or have missed something. Isn't there a +18 marking on the boards separated from blues on the main page?

If I had posted some song with 'god' or 'revel' in the title, I wouldn't have even gotten a (you) though.

And for the record Rashmi guy countered Leovold and Leovold guy was playing a ton of 'everyone draws' cards.

No user, what was your story even about? How xenagos is super cute and you beat some big bad decks? Good for you, either make your story compelling or don't tell it. No one gives a shit that your pile of online garbage beat some more garbage online decks through blind luck.