Pathfinder General /pfg/

Myriad Uses of Fresh-Baked Bread Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/monsterCreation.html
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's your favorite way to make a map? I'm getting ready to roll out my own campaign and I'm just bottlenecked on making a map that looks decent.

Would you rule that breadcrumbs can be used as pocket sand?

Of course!

Breadcrumbs are too soft and chunky to be good pocket sand, you need something fine and abrasive.

The ideal pocket sand is glass powder.

>Potato Soup breadbowl
Dang that does sound good right now.

Anywhoodle, Reposting this into this thread.

Here is my attempt at an Unchained Armorist for SoP, because the original kinda sucks.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1NyV2ScbDMk7WHwLQt8z8MVfBQfBsiVa3pykH_tcTGMY/edit?usp=sharing

Once again, ANY and ALL critique, criticism, and commentary is appreciated, as well as any other cool ideas that you think would be neato for the new Armorist to have.

You'd need an awful lot of breadcrumbs, user-I'm not sure you could handle that much bread.

Russian black bread, set over a kiln and macerated roughly should be pretty ideal pocket sand.

Fantasynamegenerators has a decent map generator tool. Open up GIMP and do some themeparking.

What about panko breading?

Did anyone save a copy of the Legendary Kineticists 2 playtest? The book isn't in the trove yet unfortunately and I was a dummy and didn't do it myself.

Got you, user.

Do Dhampir have functional taste buds with which to taste fresh bread?

>Warning: Weapons Grade Autism

What if we made some sort of level-independent metric for dpr? I've seen just the numbers of various builds, but numbers are hard to intrinsically grasp. "Rounds to kill an equal CR monster" is alright, but doesn't quite grasp the reliability and randomness that can accompany that number. Basically, I want to see some sort of "Probability to one-shot an equal CR" with optional "two shot" statistic as well. Eventually forming a large enough sample that we could get a z-score like number to say how autistic we all are.

How about it, /pfg/?

Of course, after all a slice of piping hot sourdough is the perfect pairing with a nice glass of Ulfen red.

I'd say it depends on the bloodline, though my gut instict is that, while they do they are either slightly muted, or over active in that the like to revel in the sensation of tasting any new thing

3pp Bread Bloodline.
Alternative skill modifier: Craft (baking)
Alternative spell-like ability: Conjure food (usable 3 times per day)

So I don't come here often, but I'm looking for some advice to try and make something that doesn't suck.

Right now the basic idea of the concept is a natural attack using skinwalker (Probably witchwolf) to hit fast and hard. However, I'm not exactly sure how to make this build work out without lagging behind a lot of other things in most games, let alone be impressive at hurting things. I'd prefer to avoid initiating, but most big name third party should be fine.

So far, ideas have been things like a ridiculous psion using metamorphosis and share pain.

I've also considered some options such as barbarian, or ranger with the natural weapon combat style, but 'm afraid that my 2 claws (And extra bite, if I spend a feat on an extra transformation feature) just wouldn't hold up. Is there any good way I could keep this idea from sinking?

user, that idea sound very crumby

Lunar mystery Oracle is good for this. Take the Gift of Claw and Horn revelation for more nat attacks and nail people with crazy full attacks all the time

Firstly, consider being a Ragebred instead of a Witchwolf; you get Gore and Hooves as your natural attacks, which are MUCH rarer and thus can be applied alongside the commonly-gained claws and bite.
Secondly, try out a Beastmorph Vivisectionist Alchemist; you'll have a good amount of skills, plenty of utility with your formula choices, your damage will be high thanks to having a ton of sneak attack dice, and you get Claws and a Bite to work alongside your other attacks.

If your GM allows Spheres of Power, the Mageknight (Resizer) or Shifter classes might be up your alley.

Beastmorph Alchemist.

Double claws works with boar style, i think.

Have you considered that UC Monk archetype from the Alteration sphere handbook? Afterall, I think there are Monk options that allow you to do flurry and use your abilities with natural weapons
Also, NatAtk Barbarian still isn't a bad idea either, or you could even go for a Bloodrager if you want to as well.

Ragebred skinwalker is a great way to stack up a lot of natural attacks and make them work for you. With a couple traits and feats, you can be rocking 2 claws, a bite, a gore, and maybe a little extra.

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/monsterCreation.html

That's got all you really need to turn DPR/attack numbers into effective CR to beat.

For anyone wishing for some arabian adventures, there's still plenty of time to get your apps in for Legacy of Blood and Flame.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

Ragebred could work, I was definitely hoping to go wolf for the flavor, but if I desperately need more attacks, it could work.

Beastmorph looks okay, but as I understand it, it takes on qualities as per the beast shape spell, my goal was to stay humanoid, and preferably to have attacks that didn't run ona limited duration per day.

These options could work, I'm not the msot up to date on spheres. Shifter seems like a good option, almost the only one that has good permanent attack options. The monk archetype is neat, I'd prefer for it to be available somewhere other than a playtest. My biggest concern is running out of juice, which was why I thought about going skinwalker.

Let's imagine I did change my flavor and went with ragebred, what feats/traits were mentioned for getting permanent claws/bite?

Do the deeds gained from Swashbuckler VMC function using your character level as your Swashbuckler level?

>The monk archetype is neat, I'd prefer for it to be available somewhere other than a playtest.
The books been published for a while now user

So how classically spooky is the Gingerbread witch?

That's what I get for not following things. That's definitely a doable set of options. thanks. I suppose that just leaves a 1PP build, or the egoist to think about in case somehow, spheres is out and/or psionics is in. (Not building this for a current game, but as an idea to be ready when a game comes along that catches my interest)

Interesting point. I'm going to say character level - 2, since precise strike is on the table and I would still like there to be a reason for someone to take Gunslinger or Swashbuckler as their main class if they so desire.

>Taking swashbuckler
>With PoW allowed

Oh I'm laffin

Checking it now, and there are only two initiators out of about a dozen apps.

I'm guessing that anybody who actually has your attitude got scared off by the lower, non-gestalt power level.

>There's already a Virtuous Bravo and a Mouser

What 1PP options exist for maximizing Disarm? My GM has banned PoW saying it's too OP, so Fool's Errand is no go.

To be perfectly honest? If NOBODY that gets in actually has it that sounds perfect. The problems come when it's mixed in with normal "martial" types, because it will blaze past them at sanic speeds unless it shits itself in the foot to handicap itself.

Thanks famalam

So what does one do if you want to not invalidate other martials, and not just "5ft step/charge and full attack"

That lady has too many chromosomes.

I wonder how many bonus feats it'd take to bring swashbuckler up to par with stalker.

>lady
I love this meme.

Find a role that the other martials haven't filled, and work with them so you complement each other. Build yourself to a particular set of combat maneuvers that someone else hasn't focused on, for example.

I guess you could go for battlefield control, but unless you actively build to avoid dealing damage, you're at bare minimum going to have the same damage as a full attacking swashbuckler just sitting in your pocket.

I'm not the swash user or anyone with an app or anything, just a nigga looking to have fun as a martial guy without shitting on his friends.

Roughly how many genies will be encountered?

She's a lady, wooah wooah wooh!

Source?

More than a handful.
Frequency will start low and then ramp up.

If you're PoW and someone is playing a normal martial? With great difficulty. The martial guy likely only has full attacks, while you have an entire toolbox of shit PLUS full attacks

>NPCs - Don't Post
>first post is Lost: Sad Girl, Last Seen: In Dark Souls

WELL I GUESS I'M MASTURBATING TODAY.

Homare.

And you felt the need to share this with the class because?

CAT STOLE MY BACKSTORY

HOW DID AN NPC STEAL MY BACKSTORY.

My apologies my penis has tourettes. I won't do it again.

What about non-pow, but still fun, options?

And why didn't the GM use the version with a transparent background? For shame GM. For shame.

She's unnervingly close but not too close to my backstory too, because much like in my backstory people die and some things are sad.

It probably won't be nearly as egregious as PoW vs Non-PoW, so go for it.

Wait, does this mean Bonfire Blades are a thing in Puella Labia Dentata?

So, what if I ran a lewd game, but each PC was required to be a worshipper/follower of Folca?

I meant what are my non-pow, still fun options?

God, I am bad at saying what I mean.

So obviously PoW tried to balance themselves with the introduction of archetypes for classes that weren't originally PoW, but if balance is really an issue why not just give every class access to one school of disciplines that fits that class's "style" (so for instance Golden Lion for Paladins), then if they want access to more than one they can just take the archetype that gives them more?

I'd assume you were a troll and tell you to fuck off.

Hello FBI

If so, then that means there could also be BONFIRE MIMICS!

Barbarian can keep up with PoW if you do chained and the usual leap/pounce/superstitious/CAGM madness

I mean, that depends on what you want, man. A lot of the time "being a martial" boils down to "point self at thing and hit it until it dies", because that is usually all you're allowed to be good at. Fighters can, with some shenanigans, get access to a variety of spells thanks to Advanced Armor/Weapon Training, but I'm no expert on that.

That's a waste of a lewd game, if you want my personal opinion (which I know you do) I'd suggest a game set in Hermea, where we play high-PB, high-level badasses who retired to the island to breed and journey north to Azlant and tango with the Spire Elves.

And to make things even more interesting? The breeding pairs are chosen by popular shipping committee in the thread.

So what 3pp can I use to be good at hitting things until they die and also a few tactical options like spells, and out of combat stuff like skills?

Warlord is great, since you can get all the social skills going.

You sound like you want to play a half casting gish, not a martial, my dude. Though, have you looked into the Vigilante at all? Especially Jolly's books? Legendary Vigilantes and Legendary Villains: Vigilantes?

>guy asks how to be not PoW and still have cool things
>suggest PoW to him

G E N I U S

I once smuggled in a potion of invisibility by pouring it on a sponge cake.

It was a stupid plan, the breaded potion worked, but it was still such a stupid plan.

Fuck you, Steve.

Is review user gonna cover LoBaF?

You almost had it, and then you lost it.

Seriously, /pfg/ is TERRIBLE at shipping. Leaving pairs up to the thread basically ends in three things: idiotically ill-fitting ships in the hope that someone gets killed, one character getting forced (usually by their player) as the world's greatest stud, and some assholes pulling for ships to break up or get invalidated just because their NTR fetish has consumed their entire lives.

The sponge cake didn't turn invisible?

I have looked at some of the vigilante stuff and am aware of some of jolly's stuff as well. Was there ever a non-vancian warlock-y option?

On a scale of crumby, half-baked plans, I have to put the "exterminate the vampire cult with holy watered wafers" the dumbest idea I've heard.

One would hope so.
I'll probably start offering reviews fairly soon, myself.

ReviewAnon (original edition, no namefagging) is on the case.

Going to be a day, though.

nah, but there was absolutely no use to put it on a cake. We were to give a political prisoner his last meal, then bust him out later. Frankly, we could have just served the potion with his cake. There was absolutely no need to pour it on a perfectly good cake.

I rolled a nat 20 making that perfectly good cake!

Someone made a sphere version, though it doesn't quite play nice with Jolly's iteration. Don't have it handy unfortunately.

>tfw want to apply, but realize I would probably not have time to play
>applying with the cat would probably create endless shitposting anyway
It was fun to think about at least

Like an actual cat a la Dragon 2?

>crumby, half-baked plans

I see what you did there.

Did you have Craft(Baker) or Profession(Baker)? This is important.

RIP IN PISS MEMEC@

Do it! Working with your DM to help make your character better fit a setting is one of the best parts of character creation!

>c@posting
Am I in /xivg/?

Yes.

Might as fucking well be.

Can we start saying "remove c@s"?

Do we have an issue with au ra too?

DAMN CRUEL FATES IN DENYING US THIS MEETING, THAT WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE CAT FOR CURSE OF SCHEDULES AND TIMING.

Remove dogs too

Foxposting > Catposting >>>>>>>>>>> Dogposting

Homebrewing some insanity mechanics. How can I flesh out the list a bit more?