How exactly are you supposed to beat pic related without magic?

How exactly are you supposed to beat pic related without magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?261519-Necro-Staff-Pick-D-amp-Dish-The-city-built-around-the-tarrasque)
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15760526/
youtube.com/watch?v=HE9Y--Oz3Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=BX6KrC-PHcQ
5e.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm
zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2015/03/MOP operation_0.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By acquiring 40k technology.

Or launching it into the void. It has no way of really moving through space, so it just floats for all eternity.

A hole and/or cliff.

Use a force more powerful than any magic. Namely, Plot.

Or use alchemy to manufacture gunpowder, ammunitions, explosives, and large weapons of mass destruction and aircraft to air raid the tarrasque.

Final option, climb upon the back of the beast and target sensitive weakpoints until you kill the beast of nature, and as you gaze upon the massive corpse you've created, wonder to yourself on who is truly the villain in this situation.

Lead an expedition to delve deep in to its asshole and carve your way to its heart.

Guts, determination and the power of friendship.

You just haven't found the right magic, user.

You're not.

Statting it was a mistake.

Don't you literally have to cast Wish to kill it? So you can't.

Unless you define "beating" it as just driving it off or trapping it somehow. I remember an old thread about a city that based its economy on mining the regenerating, unconscious body of a Tarrasque. (link: forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?261519-Necro-Staff-Pick-D-amp-Dish-The-city-built-around-the-tarrasque)

Also, this thread had some thoughts: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15760526/

It can drown, which keeps it permanently unconscious for as long as it's submerged, so the easiest way would be to lure it onto a bridge or boardwalk over a deep lake or ocean and then collapse the structure. A problem of logistics and engineering, but by no means impossible.

Goddamn it.

Call in a saint to do the job.

You punch it really hard

Bring a lot of friends. It's designed to be end-game content to begin with.

And then it gets up and eats your face because none of that shit fucking works.

Iron Heart Surge

M-maybe hit it really hard...together?
youtube.com/watch?v=HE9Y--Oz3Vc

Get a virginal maiden to sing it back into slumber.

Kick it in the nards.
youtube.com/watch?v=BX6KrC-PHcQ

You send a bunch of bards at it and have them roll for diplomacy: one of them is bound to hit 20.

Quivering Palm.
>followed by Wish

Suffocate it after dropping it in a pit.

Capture it and get it to an atmosphere without nitrogen. That or capture all the nitrogen in the atmosphere.

Punch it so hard it breaks orbit. Then it's no longer your problem.

dude is house-sized and has 3 int.

you can lure him into a bad spot, like a bridge over a canyon, and have him fall into a hole

>b-but 90 jump roll

when's down drop as many rocks/cement and stuff as you can on him, it's completely menageable for a small medieval kingdom to accomplish it. you have to seal him and if you fear he'll eventually break out of his prison, then you can keep on building shit on him treating it as if it were fucking cernobyl.

when's down at 1 eternal hp for suffocation you could set up a massive siege weapon out of his prison to deal the last points of damage when he breaks out.

Caesar would kill him.

Back when I ran 3.5 I had a reputation for setting up situations where PCs had to use their heads as opposed to simply combat in order to get out of tough situations.

So I threw one of them at them when they were all around 6-7 and gave them absolutely no hints as to what they were supposed to do.

They spent 3 sessions running from it across half the kingdom that they were in, while it tore every region they had been through for the last 6 levels to shreds. Eventually they made it back to the capital of the area. Still had no clue what to do. It took a whole session for one of them to bother actually using his distant relation to the royalty in the area to get the military to help out. Several hundred level 5 fighters make a joke of the thing.

>tfw playing as a monk rip-off of F/GO's Dantes in my next campaign

Plot probably does work. I mean, it's got the force of the DM's assent behind it, and the DM technically has absolute power over everything within the reality of the game (except the wills of the player characters).

I love scenarios where the players need to think outside their character sheets, both as a GM and as a player.

How, exactly? It regenerates faster than the fighters could damage it, and is not bound to stay in one place and trade blows.

>unbeatable monsterâ„¢
Boring

Drowning, and of course, any other form of suffocation.

And why did nobody take action before that? I'd imagine that the army wouldn't just sit on their asses while the kingdoms gets torn apart.

You're not supposed to fight it without magic though.

It never happened user he's just pretending to feel smart at the expense of non existent players.

This
The army of an actual competent kingdom would have moved much sooner

Their combined body heat.

A kingdom of bee people

Inject it with AIDS.

GM wills it

Get a bigger monster to fight it

>Or launching it into the void.
How do you intend to launch it into the void without magic?

What did they do, throw 5000 acid vials at it and then drag it into a lake?

You throw it obviously.

That was a thread? Because a guy is kickstarting a whole supplement based on that idea...

>le natural 20 maymay

You can't throw that high without magic.

Anything is possibly with enough strength and the right tools. Give me a sufficiently long lever' and a hole to stand in, and I shall move the world.

You aren't. Pretty much NONE of the high-CR monsters are supposed to be beatable without at least some magic.

>Several hundred level 5 fighters make a joke of the thing.
DR 15/epic + AC 35 + regeneration says that several hundred level 5 fighters would be completely useless.

mana conversion to stamina isn't magic
Any dragonslayer could also take that out with low/medium difficulty.

a) Necessary tools for that are unachievable without magic
b) You wouldn't have enough STR anyway.

The back side of its legs seem like the place that will house it's tendons.

Target tends cripple it then stay away and throw big rocks at its head from a distance.

The tarrasque eventually stopped thinking.

> hurr durr epic feats of strength are unrealistic in my high fantasy world.

>hurr durr I'll whine and complain until GM bends over to my tantrum

Not in my games, dipshit.

Is...Is that...No it can't be.
But could that possibly be a
MOTHERFUCKING
JOJO
REFERENCE

This is why nobody likes you

+5 Vorpal Scythe

Don't project.

This guy gets it.

>the power of friendship
But that's magic already!

Call Khorne and tell him you found Mr. Snuffles, his house pet.

>Khorne roars you to fuck off and that he himself let Mr. Snuffles out for a walk

What next?

Don't tell him that but a god of the warp is quite magical.

Khorne hates magic though.

Kill yourself you fucking Barneyfags.

Someone actually draw Khorne walking a Tarrasque or something, it sounds cute as hell.

Tell Khorne that it's very irresponsible to let a pet wander all by itself because I could get hurt or lost.

it*

>and extreme violence

Lure it on top of s volcano

Wouldn't work - even if you have a stone, it doesn't use Hamon so can't generate strong enough eruption.

No you had it right the first time.

Crunch-wise, the Tarrasque is link related :
5e.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm

>Damage immunities :
>fire
>poison
>bludgeoning
>piercing
>slashing
>from nonmagical attacks

So you can't win without magic.
Even making it fall from a cliff would only be a minor inconvenience
>At the end of a fall, a creature takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it fell, to a maximum of 20d6
>bludgeoning

The Tarrasque basically slips, crashes in the ground, shakes its ugly head and searches a way back up.

Find a bottomless hole and push it down. Or a deep hole and push it down with a concrete chaser.

Get a donkey and put it inside a pit then throw dirt on it

Either the pic or if too high-tech, this:

zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2015/03/MOP operation_0.jpg

In either case, have two others on stand-by.

>Bruteforcing a puzzle monster.

Ya'll are unimaginative faggots.

Explosives. Lots and lots of explosives.

murder via thousands of soldiers, then corpse's internal organs with dirt.

we get a very large box held up on one side by a tree thats ted to a very angry group of giants

The puzzle is how to brute force a puzzle monster. You are the unimaginative faggot.

THE UNENLIGHTENED MASSES

Why would you want to?
If you're out of magic, I recommend the Joestar family secret technique.

By making it someone else's problem. So get a suicidal horseman to lead it to your enemy's castle.

Dumb The Hub PST morning lineup poster.

Assuming each level 5 fighter has no magical equipment, 20 strength and some way to attack it with a greatsword at once, the tarrasque has enough armor class where they would need to roll a natural 20 to hit. However because it has DR 15/epic most of them will need to roll a second 20 to confirm the crit, or get above average on their damage roll, to do any damage at all.
Even if somehow there are enough of them to eat through its 800 or so hitpoints before it regenerates any damage they do there would still need to be a person capable of casting wish to keep it down.
In short you're retarded

It's almost like Khorne is a massive retard or something

Those villagers in France managed to pull it off without any high level mages around

>Necessary tools for that are unachievable without magic
Says who?

Gravity

Clearly they were peasant wizards!

Everyone knows that Veeky Forums DMs are the worst

Why is it a bad thing to need magic to defeat a magical T-Rex on magical steroids?

Regeneration for the one in the picture, it will just come back and knit its bones back together.

[citation needed]

But it literally LET them kill it.

You just need a big ass catapult, or maybe a slingshot.

Literally won't cut it though

I'm the fucking DM, I decree that it is now dead.

Running?