/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Bogdanoff Supremacy Edition

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whats-the-deal-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
When did you take the BogPill and how has it affected your game in world-altering, irrevocable ways?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gET11yaesmM
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/793173-the-horror-show?p=1063730#post1063730
sendspace.com/file/zpv5xl
cautionarycolours.tumblr.com/post/158514839726/unsurpassedtravesty-prokopetz-pursuant-to-a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bogpill?

>Technocrats bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with True Fae
>Possess Malfean>like abilities
>Control Council of Nine with an iron but fair fist
>Own constructs & chantries globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient Verbena blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities in the Horizon despite the Avatar Storm (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities within the Technocracy
>First Paradox>Free designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
>both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Autocthonia
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Celestial Chorus. Who do you think set up the meeting between the chair of Prime & the Templar high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Chorister's leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
>They learned fluent Enochian in under a week
>The Syndicate entrusts their tass reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space>time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>Have achieved Sphere mastery and are the only known practitioners of Sphere level 11, AKA the BogSpheres.
>In reality, they are timeless Archmages existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

So....... Bogdanoff supremacy?

Bogdanoff Supremacy. You might ask yourself... "Are we living on borrowed time?"

We always were, friend. We always were. The revelation of the BogSpheres is proof of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=gET11yaesmM

God does nothing about the Unnamed because God is the kind of father who loves his child despite being a mass murderer. He might even be proud of him.
>Rip the universe to shreds
>That's my boy

Unless God is an Archmage.

In which case

>Like father like son

>You know what they say dear, archmages will be archmages
>When I was his age I was destroying 5 universes every week and no one complained

Furries: the yiffening (werewolf apocalypse) question.
We're all rank one, have had some pack issues and my character thinks the pack alpha is useless. He doesn't want to lead but someone needs to and he doesn't trust any of the others to question the alpha. The alpha also happens to have lost the wolf at the last session and there was 2 weeks of downtime. How do I go about taking alpha? If he doesn't have the wolf back can I just assume the alpha position on the grounds that he isn't fit to lead? If I challenge him he will pick anything but combat and beat me.

Or God was just curious to see what would happen and let things roll on anyway.

I mean, does he ever interfere in things directly? Other than Hunters getting Imbued, I suppose.

Quick question- given that diablerie isn't accepted in the Camarilla, is there any reason NOT to start with as high a generation as backgrounds will allow, 8th? It seems you're really crippling your potential otherwise.

You'd get ate by a Cammie expecting to get away with it, it's a more valuable resource than you'd be equipped to defend against a 12th generation ancilla. And then an elder would blackmail him with it. They aren't morally opposed, they're pearl-clutching.

Requiemfag here. How does this stuff work? When you are say 12th gen and you eat 9th gen do you become 9th gen or just jump one point lower? And what is power difference beetween say 8th gen and 12th gen?

RAW is the diablerist jumps one point down, then there's just as much text encouraging ST fiat about jumping multiple steps if the gap between him and victim is more dramatic.

Could you give me any ideas for a one night game with a group of different supernaturals? My group is having an old member back today and I'd like to do something epic and special

No there isnt. Is the godstat of the game.

Make the master of challenge of your sept or sept alpha, if there isnt a master of challenge, to set a fair challenge between you guys.

This is not a automatic win though, loosing the wolf is a major drawback but it doesnt automatically make the alpha useless.

alien invasion, UFO parks itself over a city and occult empowered aliens begin wreaking havoc. Are your PC's bad enough dudes to save the city? why are they here? etc and soforth...

are they actually aliens? can the normies see them and the ship? if they're not, then what are they?

What the fuck is Bogdanoff?

More like Unnamed = oWoD Antichrist

The weird science asshole splats teamed up and kidnapped them to experiment with sewing their different asses and mouths together.

Aliens is usually just the scientific term for spirits/umbrood.

If you're Awakened, you encounter spirits in the Umbra, but if you're Enlightened, you encounter aliens in deep space.

>Masquerade Violation

yes, and?

Feedback requested on character for a new Horror:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/793173-the-horror-show?p=1063730#post1063730

*character sheet

To answer the other user about the Nephandi, I love them because they're pure nihilistic evil. You can't negotiate or threaten them, or they're letting you do it to manipulate you better. Because theses assholes are intelligent (which is usually rare among nihilistic villains), and they know how to best play their cards.

I also quite love their core concept, the fact a human can Awaken his Soul to the realisation that his will can reshape the universe but there's no great Answer. He's still a sack of rotting flesh stranded on a rock in an uncaring universe, and whatever he does is insignificant. And so he descents, and seeks to bring his realisation to the masses.

It sure is quite edgy, but I think it's the fact that they're in MtAs, a game where you have so much power that you'll least expect a villain like this that makes me love them. And the fact that players almost too often underestimate them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Scelesti in Awakening like that as well?

Vampires: Observe, but do not engage. Threat level minimal.

Let's not mince words here: It's pretty damn obvious that vampires exist. Every city on the planet is choked with bloodsuckers, and most aren't as subtle as they think they are. In the largest cities, they've reproduced and spread indiscriminately Andrew Eldritch clones and Lestat wanna-be's are as common as black T-shirts and bad fashion sense. No matter how many witnesses the "Kindred" intimidate, coerce or manipulate into silence, tracking the vampires in a city with high technology is child's play. Video surveillance - heat signatures = presence of vampires. You do the math.

Despite the ease in tracking them, the Technocracy has grossly underestimated the role of vampires in the real world. Technocrats do not consider most of these "blood cults" to be threats. More importantly, they have no reason to know about millennia-old Ancient Ones waiting to emerge. Not like the Book of Nod is not available in paperback form. On the other hand, Watchers have seen evidence of the Camarilla in action. Vampires usually police their own kind, and sects that don't believe in the Masquerade are set upon by their brethren. Thus, the Technocracy can afford to regard vampires with ridicule. If the techies knew the truth, they'd mobilize their troops a bit quicker....

The only thing the Technocracy really requires concerning these creatures of the night is information. Just as any good police department wants to be informed of the largest gangs in town, the Union surveys and monitors local blood cults. Lacking the firepower to take them all down, the Technocrats merely watch and wait.

The Union attitude toward vampires may change, though, with the recent awakening of a beast of incredible power in the badlands of India. The Technocracy was forced to apply "Operation Ragnarok," the approval of any level of resource allocation and losses, in order to stem the advance of a single vampire!

I love how the Technocrat books are written as if from the perspective of a beleaguered, tired of your shit bureaucrat who's still ultimately an idealist at heart.

I think, but I've yet to read MtAw, I couldn't stand the font/layout of 1e.
I've still bought a PoD after discussions with DaveB about Hellblazer more than a year ago gave me enough trust in his work, but I've got too much books on my plate. It's one of the next I read, though.

Hey, what was the name of that Pacifist Blog thing. My friend is morbidly curious and I can't remember it for the life of me.

Would pic related work?

The Plain

It can, I know I have the basic framework for it that I helped develop and play test a bit years ago, but that one got nowhere near done.

I wonder where my design notes went off to.

How would you build pic related in the CoD? I think he could be a Horror of mid Potency, but also Integrity to represent his human mindset. He'd also have a Merit that lets him Risk Willpower, earn Practical Experiences and use the Code, effectively making him a honorary Hunter. His Right Hand Of Doom is a Relic that can summon a Rank 6+ Abyssal or something like that. But what Compact or Conspiracy would he join?

>But what Compact or Conspiracy would he join?
The Lucifuge are probably literally the only hunter group that wouldn't kill or dissect him for being a god damn monster. Hes too inhuman to fit with any of them.

Do you have a PDF or book for it?
Finding it isn't exactly easy.

I dunno, the BPRD sounds more like Task Force VALKYRIE to me. And Hellboy is only inhuman in appearance. He thinks and feels just like you and me. But giving him Integrity might not be suitable, as that trait represents both mental stability and the soul's health. I am not sure if Hellboy has a human soul, or a soul at all.

Given that the BRPD is staffed with monsters its own Tier 3 organization might work best if you want to use the rest of the Hellboy shit. But pretty much every hunter group lacks a lot of nuance and is driven to kill or other wise abuse and hunt monsters, and hellboy, no matter whats in his head, is very clearly a monster.

I don't have it on me i'm afraid. It might be somewhere in the pastebin. The book is called hurt locker.

Half human. Through a witch. But his soul's still good enough that England recognizes him as Arthur's heir and lilies grow where his blood spills.

Hurt Locker

Enjoy!

sendspace.com/file/zpv5xl

This is true BUUUUUT they also introduced expanded rules in the V20 black hand supplement.

The Sabbat leadership keeps the fuckery down to a dull roar. If they want to go string up grandma from the local skyscrapers, give them a visit from the local templar and their flunkies. Beat one of them to the edge of torpor and then top him off with blood from their favorite ghoul. Remember, Sabbat are only allowed to destroy one another after Monomacy or a court judgement and those aren't always granted.

cautionarycolours.tumblr.com/post/158514839726/unsurpassedtravesty-prokopetz-pursuant-to-a

Kindred can hear your dick whistle

Glorious!

How awkward

For humans and vampires both, especially if the latter can "get it up"

why cant't vampires be mages? I want an abomination mage

Because God hates vampires.

Why did god create vampires then?

A prank to make Caine suffer gone too far

Caine doesn't deserve this

Not everyone deserves God's gift of Magedom.

Caine doesn't need magedom though

>A prank to make Caine suffer
God literally blessed him, there are no downsides to Cain's "curse"

If a mage's Ascension is indeed reuniting with God as speculated, then God's curse could be interpreted Caine and his descendants never being allowed to join with God.

would a [formerly] jewish werewolf [based on Larry David / Jerry Seinfeld] work better as a Strider or a Glass Walker?

Black Spiral Dancer

You know they'd be Wyrm aligned pack. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

White Howler

Too much self important hubris to be BSD.

silver fangs?

They technically can actually. Look up liches. I think black hand talks about them.

False.

The lich "royal sorcerers" of the east aren't actually Kindred. They are mages who have frozen their progress and achieved a state of immortality.

Archmages are, quite evidently, on par with God if you take into account 9-10 dot Spheres.
Perhaps, as others have already mentioned, God is merely an ascended mage, or the sum total of the Avatar collective, ready to receive new ascendants. Individual mages being individual shards of God.

One has to wonder if the "God" that cursed Caine was in fact the supreme extradimensional consciousness that the Chorus speaks of.
According to Werewolf, Jehovah is but a grand and powerful Celestine whom was responsible for Vampirism.

The cosmologies conflict, but Ascension seems to have the best frame for it, with Apocalypse as a close second. They both go out of their way to try and clarify a few things, while Masquerade tends to ignore it all.
Of course this ironically angers fans of Vampire.

>while Masquerade tends to ignore it all.
>Of course this ironically angers fans of Vampire.
I hate cross-overs so I like this

How would you try to shatter the Masquerade in a hunter campaign? Anybody have experiences of partially or completely destroying the Masquerade

I was thinking about releasing a Werewolf or a frenzied Vamp in a OJ Simpson tier trial that is being broadcasted to the world.

Oracles/Archmages, Exemplars/Archscientists, and Aswadim are all basically different names for the same thing, right?

>crossover cosmology
You went full retard.

You don't, because it's easy to explain away.

Vampire? PCP fanatic unleashed by terrorists.
Werewolf- WHEW BOY I hope you enjoy Lunacy! Everyone watching is going to go legit insane for a bit- mass death ensues, people freak out, but not, because nobody remembers, about the werewolf.

Also this is the BEST way to get horribly murdered by all the folks who like the masquerade- read; every supernatural. Have you ever seen a mage, a vampire coterie, and a werewolf pack argue over who gets to murder a guy? You will soon.

if you want to break the masquerade it's better to set up a vampire, that and you run the risk of turning the werewolf into captain america during the end of marvel's civil war even if they do get off, or making them out to be The Hulk at any time ever [a berserker that proves more dangerous to the people trying to hurt the Average Joe than the actual Average Joe provided you don't make them hulk out]

> because nobody remembers, about the werewolf.

Wait even through digital media people are affected by that?

>You just went full retard

You're the bigger downy here if you can't acknowledge something so blatant.

>>Werewolf- WHEW BOY I hope you enjoy Lunacy! Everyone watching is going to go legit insane for a bit- mass death ensues, people freak out, but not, because nobody remembers, about the werewolf.

>when you realize that'll cause so many people to dramatically fail their lunacy rolls and become wolfblooded
>enough that many MANY more werewolves will be created because of it

wait, why havent the forsaken taken the route of creating a viral video to make more werewolves? it would be like that shitty two part of doctor who ep where he killed the Silence

Arch-scientist always sounds so silly. You'd think that the Technocracy would have a better name for their most powerful Enlightened, kind of like how they call "vulgar magic" Inspired Science (thought they do refer to it as vulgar science too).

What would be a better, more Technocratic sounding term for a Scientist who gets archsphere levels?

Also, to answer your question, Exemplar is a level of Archmastery and Oracles are individuals who willfully stop their ascension to guide others.

Leads me to another question now that I think about it: Could an Archmarauder exist? Now there's a scary thought.

More or less, with a few differences.

Exemplars are evolved Archmages, essentially becoming the so in-tune with their craft that they become the very embodiments of their chosen Spheres.
Oracles are the enlightened ones, Archmages that found the keys to ascension but turned back in order to guide the rest to their ultimate goals.
The final variant are those that form themselves into Celestines, which is the spirit rank Gaia and the Triat hold, and possibly even God if Apocalypse is to be believed.

The Aswadim are the Archmages and Oracles of the Nephandi.

It could be on every screen in the world and still become a promotional stunt for a years-long film project that didn't exist yesterday, now cancelled and its marketers sacrificed for the legal trouble they caused.

>Could an Archmarauder exist?

One already does. She is the Medea of Greek myth, so completely insane that Paradox doesn't even touch her.

Because having a ton of werewolves that are utterly untaught and no grounding in forsaken culture is a recipe for disaster. They'd get eaten up for cause havoc rather than being useful.

I still better some Ironmaster shitter will try it though.

>What would be a better, more Technocratic sounding term for a Scientist who gets archsphere levels?

Probably something boring and understated, like Distinguished Doctor of Enlightened Sciences, or just postdoc for short.

What if a dickhead archmage were to introduce the werewolf gene in all normal humans resulting in everyone being Kinfolk? Do werewolves just chimp out even harder for no goddamn reason? Does consensus change in any meaningful way in lets say 50 years when werewolves and gifts become common knowledge?

Everything he does is effectively erased immediately as if it had never happened- he gets a slapping from other Archmages, nobody else noticed anything happened.

That's how archmages work buddy. Accomplishing nothing- with great power.

I would asume the Traditions would flip their shit because potential new Awakenings might be stopped by everyone being fluffles instead.

And the Technocratic Union would go full Imperium of Man with "Operation Purity" where they try and save the world from horrific universal mutation through introducing Enlightened Retrovials into the water supply to try and "fix" everyone's genetic code.

So what if it's got a 2% death rate? That's better than a 100% mutant rate.

>Technocracy will prevent furworld
They really are the heroes of WoD

>Ascension seems to have the best frame for it, with Apocalypse as a close second

I would argue the other way around.

In WoD cosmology, mages all operate around the basic concept of a sympathetic reality that can be manipulated to conform to individual will. This implies that their perception of reality in and of itself is at some level ersatz delusion.

Werewolves however conceive reality in terms of animism, and as such are capable of actually perceiving ding an sich.

As much as I think it's dumb, philosophically speaking WtA cosmology holds the most weight.

This is oWoD we're talking about here.

Ascension Archmages don't give a fuck compared to the ones from Awakening. The Pax Arcanum doesn't exist in the oWoD.

I completely disagree. WtA is far more limited in its world view than Ascension.

>This implies that their perception of reality in and of itself is at some level ersatz delusion.
That's not how it works. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong. No one is delusional, other than the Marauders. The Union isn't more right than the Traditions, it's just their Paradigm lies in the vast majority of things.

Agreed. Ascension goes further than any other line.

Just because Ascension doesn't have the Pax Arcanum doesn't mean you won't get your shit pushed in by other Archmages for turning the world into a furry's wet dream.

>headcanon

Gee, then why do all those evil mustache twirling Archmages run around then?

Stop trying to apply things that don't exist. You can if you wan to, but it's not a thing in Ascension.

Because despite being evil mustache twilers, they haven't done dick to motivate others to fuck them up?

At least, before you actually start playing the game, which is where that kind of stuff should be considered?

Other archmages could intervene, but it's not a global rule like Awakening.

There's far more leeway in Ascension to break reality without consequence.

>Because despite being evil mustache twilers, they haven't done dick to motivate others to fuck them up?

*cough* *cough* Voormas *cough*

If there are archmages capable of rewriting reality running around, and they're NOT bound by the Pax...

Why does the world function as if they don't exist? Why AREN'T they making changes? Why is it that these allpowerful, unstoppable-save-each-other beings have little to no impact at all?

It's because they're shitty fluff, that's why.

A cute Thyrsus appears

Leave ruining the game to me