On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring is Elemental magic?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring is Elemental magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Season-02/Episode-26-The-Blind-Bandit?id=728
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Like, 10 being the least boring? Like a 6 or a 7. I think elemental magic is cool because of its broad range of applications. It's a flexible discipline but still themed in a cohesive aesthetic. Even ye olde pyromancer can have some cool knowledge about combustion, thermodynamics and of course demolitions to provide some utility in addition to pure offensive power.

Chaotic/10

See. I like elemental magic. As said. And in the case of the pyromancer I've had mine do some off the wall type of shit. performing things that other schools of magic are capable of with a fiery twist or two. He would scry though open flames. Try to discern the future through signs in ash and such, and was super happy to summon flaming dancing girls for a performance or two. shit's fun

>On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring is Elemental magic?
>Magic that is Elemental?
Not very boring: 3/10
Fire magic, water magic, etc.
I can dig it.

>All magic is divided into Elements
Pretty Boring: 6/10
Been done far too often, that's all.

It gets more fun when you start incorporating what other cultures besides the greeks viewed as the normal 4 elements.
Japanese have wood, metal, fire, and wind. Other cultures have had earth, sky, sea, and blood. Or lightning, magic, man, and fire.

Broaden your horizons and it can be like 8 or 9/10. If you always use the same elements constantly then it's probably 3/10.

not at all

the show itself was generic so i dropped, but ware the feats done with banding any good?

What's your first language?

>AtLA
>Generic
You wot?

It had exclusively generic ingredients until the last season, it's just that the ingredients were handled pretty well and it was written with lots of care and love.

You should give it another shot, I'm sure there's subs in your native language.

Like most magic it is only as boring as people make it. If it is only good to shoot things elemental stuff like a fireball then yes it is quite boring. If it can do other stuff that is more abstract like water/earth healing or fire/wind granting you bravery then it can be very interesting.

>caring about whether something is "generic" or le original

Is 10 the most boring or the coolest in this scale?

the fight at the end of 'The Blind Bandit' is pretty good as it's essentially a 7v1 all earthbender fight where everyone involved uses a different style of earthbending

Doesn't hold a candle to Tenzin's last stand in LoK. Say what you want about that show, that scene was fucking gold.

link to vid?

i meant to say 'boring' but i didn't want to offend anyone.

can i start from the last season or do i need to watch everything?

Well, boring is all down to execution. You can be as tropey as you want or as "original" and weird for it's own sake as you want, but quality is determined entirely by how well you execute it.

>link to vid?
couldn't find a specific video but, kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Season-02/Episode-26-The-Blind-Bandit?id=728 this is the episode, fight starts 18:00

The animation was lazy, the writing was subpar and the characters were dull and lifeless.

yes, generic != boring this is why i used 'generic' instead. shows can be generic and fun, the first few eps of avatar ware just childish.

thank you, ill watch it now

X, a variable dependent on the creativity of the user.

When I said "say what you want about LoK" it was meant to be rhetorical. I don't actually care what you thought about it.

And it doesn't change that that scene was awesome.

>ware
You keep missusing that word. Sure you don't mean "were"?

Just ignore it, he's probably a native Arabic speaker or something.

thank you, ill remember it for future references.

well that was quite fine
...not to offense or make light of your efforts, but for now ill stick to anime
(solid fight but was expecting more)

Bitch I will fight you. Elemental is the best.

Bonus points for non-standard arrays, but nothing too crazy.
Personally I run with a Light-Dark Fire-Ice Water-Lightning Earth-Wind octagram and the hidden element of void/null/tao in the center.

>Can't speak English
>Thinks A:tlA was generic
>Thinks the animation in A:tlA isn't as good as whatever fotm weebtrash he's watching
Begone from Veeky Forums you weebtrash.

>can't read english
>Thinks watching avatar doesn't makes him a weeb
>thinks anime is about graphic quality
you make avatarfags look bad.

I like elemental magic, as it is a big part of being a wizard classic. Specifically fire, lightning, and cold. Air, earth, and water make very little sense outside of Avatar

Wrong image, though he is killing her with lightning magic

I prefer Rock-Paper-Scissors as the base for my elemental magic.

17/10
I prefer numeric magic.

>very little sense
Because you're not looking at it properly. The "proper" building blocks are coldness vs hotness and wetness vs dryness. However, these don't exist independently, but in combination with each other. The four elements are just the furthest part of each corner, such as dry and cold earth, or wet and hot air. There's also aether, which is notable for not having any of these terrestrial qualities, as well as naturally moving in circles rather than lines.

"Classic" Wizards have almost nothing to do with elements.

What are some of the basic common or memorable spells?
>Teleportation
>Invisibility
>Telekinesis or Levitation
>Conjuring things from nowhere
>Haste/Slow
>Turning people into animals
>Seeing the future
>Fireball

Out of all those, only ONE is a classic element. OG Wizards don't care about elements, elemental magic in that way is a modern concept born from autistic fucks who want to quantify every single instance of supernatural ability and wonder in a setting into rules. Elemental magic is the opposite of creative, in fact it stifles creativity.

>3.5 wizards
The most memorable archetype of a wizard is generally an old dude shooting fire and shit from his fingers, preferably while yelling something weird, e.g gandalf, I.e Odin, the oldest wizard of all

> On a scale of 1 to 10, how boring is Elemental magic?
Depends on the available elements.

That's the modern one, ancient cultures would probably think people who communed with spirits and did divination were the most magical dudes around. If you're going to have wizards separate from clerics, though, your interpretation is probably the better choice.

im 13 and what is this

The World Ends With You, a video game.

>The World Ends With You
oh that one, no wonder it looked familiar
i gave it a chance but it seemed like one of those games that uses real time mechanics so i left it

anyway i stoped using emu ds after my psp got into working order. thanks for the spoonfull anyway.