What tabletop game do you think had the most potential during devolopment...

What tabletop game do you think had the most potential during devolopment, but ended up being complete dogshit come release

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GURPS

Pathfinder. Through "potential" is the wrong word - it's more like "promise".
> Hey, guys, we've heard you don't like 4 edition. It's not like 3.5!
> But you also don't like 3.5, because it's broken. We get it.
> So check it out - we'll release a system that is FIXED 3.5! Everything is gonna be great!
And then it turns out to be just as bad.
If not worse! Since 3.5 was accidentally bad, while PF devs made those choices knowing exactly what they're doing.

oh come on man
there is enough shit pouring on ME:A on /v/ and Veeky Forums already

Exactly. The threads there suck. If I want to talk about this fucking abortion and actually enjoy the conversation, I'm gonna have to do it on an actually good board, like Veeky Forums.

>good
>tg

Man this sucks. I've been a fan of Mass Effect since the start but seeing all these screenshots and clips just fills me with dread about it.

You now know how it feels to be a Star Wars fan.

good, relative to Veeky Forums. "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king," and all that jazz.

You can blame EA for that 100%. They put a green-as-grass dev team behind Andromeda without any support from more experienced game-devs.

There weren't any experienced game-devs left. Nearly everyone quit because of how horrible the working conditions were during the development of Dragon Age 2, and do you really think that the team that made Inquisition would do that much better?

>do you really think that the team that made Inquisition would do that much better?
Have you SEEN this shit?! This is a lot worse than a bad or mediocre game like Inquisition. This is a level of writing and animation that's so atrocious, it's more comparable to Sonic 06 than it is Mass Effect 1.

mass effect has always been a shit role play game

is the only answer. They had all the work 3.X's devs had been doing to try and fix its disasters. They had the Complete classes and Tome of Battle all ready to steal and mix up and make into a new core set out of. But they just doubled down on every flaw 3.X had and strutted around like they'd invented the hobby.

Are you trying to say that a game made by current Bioware's B-team had potential?

They aren't the best role play games, but personally I find them very interesting space/action/RPG-lite games and for some reason they just have charm to them that I can't avoid.

It had a chance. Not a god one, but still.

The original games had a certain earnest appreciation for the sci Fi genre you just don't find in games that often. It was obvious the creators loved space opera and as a bonus they were good at giving us likable characters. Best way I can describe it is ME was kind of like the Wing Commander of shooter RPGs.

But this game. It's shaping up as just a paint-by-numbers Chosen One spehss adventure with a bunch of cringey fan fiction-tier characters who wear their personalities on their sleeves. It's sad.

Bullshit. There was nothing left of the "space opera" by the time Mass Effect 2 released. The rot started there.

I think tg is one of the least cancerous boards on this site and that people here are generally nice and friendly

I thought the whole point of ME2 was a lower focus than ME1. They've already introduced you to the grand rather optimistic future, so they focus more on the seedier side and regular people, hence all the overheard conversations of people going about their daily lives.

Going by what I've heard from other boards - e.g. white europeans are extinct in the ME future and everyone's an indistinct brown POC - then it's worse than cringey fan fiction tier.

I don't know if that's exactly the case. There are multiple white people aboard the ship.

BUT if you want to customize your FemRyder instead of using her preset, the lightest skin color option is basically Latina. The devs say it's because of difficulties with tone sliders. I normally wouldn't be convinced but considering this game does seem like it has legitimately bad lighting issues I actually can believe they dropped the ball like they said.

>white europeans are extinct in the ME future
But there's already white people in the ME games?

I find it strange that you can't pick your character's race in Mass Effect considering how you can pick out of 4 in DAI

Shepard being human actually was an integral part of the story though.

Dude, it's a generation ship that's been flying for, what, 300 years with a very limited population? At some point, all the faggots that go on about "muh racial purity" and only drew from a dwindling gene pool that already started out small would start popping out inbred toad-babies.

I thought people were in cryo for the whole flight

I was meaning more of the new one. Though if it ties into the plot then i'll be fine with it.

They were in cryo during transit, so no. All the white people and characters you could make in the prior games would make it over just fine.

>No white people in the future
WOW so progressive and brave bravo!
>No black people in the future
*autistic screeching*

So far all I know about the plot is shortly into the first mission Ryder gets the title "Pathfinder" which apparently means he can smell Earth- like worlds or something.

Bear in mind that user is wrong. There are multiple white people in ME:A. The default appearances for Downy and Manlet Ryder are white. In fact from what I've seen the only non-white human is the black dude.

Exalted

Which edition?

Anyone tried the D6 Mass Effect system?
How is it?

It's just the Character Creator, if you chose not to play the hot garbage of the default characters, does not allow pale skin and one of the leads did say a bunch of racest stuff about white people.

Apparently forgetting that there are plenty of pale asians and american aborigines.

I thought everyone who played Bioware was white

Honestly, the whole "you can't be white" thing is the least offensive part of character gen. Scott Ryder has the proportions of a dwarf. As in an actual fantasy dwarf who lives underground.

I do know about how one of the lead devs is blatantly anti-white. But as I said earlier in this thread I can genuinely believe they're serious when they say the skin tone thing is a technical issue. The game clearly has a lot of issues with textures and animations.

The legend that is Curry Thunder

Same, in terms of content it's pretty reasonable, better than a load of places like GiantITP forums and in terms of attitude it's nicer than some mainstream websites.

The only other place I've found like Veeky Forums is /r/40klore, which I suspect is probably an outpost of Veeky Forums for work hours anyway.

indeed

Pathfinder. Oh, Paizo, you broke my heart.

I don't know why you'd have any expectations. BioWare hasn't made a good game since Zeschuk and Muzyka left. Probably never will again.

>ME:A
>mea
>mea culpa

But that never happened. The team that made DAI was mostly the same as the team that made DAO. Same with ME3 and ME. The MEA team is a bunch of new hires.

>We'll have a year and a half/TWO YEAR LONG BETA TEST AND WE'LL LISTEN TO EVERY PIECE OF FEEDBACK YOU GIVE US!

>Somehow, fighters get worse
>And wizards/sorcerers got STRONGER

Came here to say this.

Pathfinder

>Empty levels are no longer a thing.

>Martials get a bunch of useless powers that are generally worthless.
>Mages get a bunch of useful powers that break the game further.

Like who the fuck designed the divination wizard?
>"Oh, I get a 1st level class ability that gives me insane initiative bonuses and makes it so I can never be surprised."
Not to mention shit like "sacred geometry"
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry/

Sacred geometry was outsourced. Basically, PF has its main books which is made by the PF devs, and then a bunch of sidebooks that are made by... I do't even know. Either way, QA is less strict on those. If you can imagine such a thing.

Rule of Cool's Legend

Wait, what? Did that actually get released?

>Mass Defects Andromeda Initiative was secretly just a Golgafrinchan emigration scam

>white europeans are extinct in the ME future and everyone's an indistinct brown POC
>implying this is unrealistic or bad

To be fair, expecting any modification of 3.5 would not be built around class inequity and magic supremacy is like buying a dog and being confused that it can't drive a car.

This. If nothing else at least it's realistic.

It's bad if you're white and have to listen to other Americans spew hate over the European invasion of Native Americans while completely ignoring the Muslim invasion of Native Europeans

Also sorry black culture is shit. I prefer my Mass Effect characters to have fathers (and we're not counting Jacob's dad and his island of rape-babies)

>What is "cultural genocide"?
Glad we're moving the goalposts when it's not convenient to our narrative anymore. Notice how they don't list the currently happening "Palastinian genocide" on that list? I wonder why *cough cough* Palastinian genocide is literally just cultural genocide *cough cough*

>Notice how they don't list the currently happening "Palastinian genocide" on that list?

Because it's not actually a genocide? Of course, I wouldn't expect the kind of person that you are to spell Palestinian properly, so I won't judge you on that one :^)

It it wasn't for the fact that I was born after 1e came out, I'd say Shadowrun.

I'd say whatever you're spewing is irrelevant and for you to enjoy your daughter and or grand daughter getting stuffed full of colored cock, but you probably won't reproduce.

Maybe a niece or grandniece?

Yes. It is released. Game's not bad, but a nightmare of planification for any GM. I really really like the [keyword] system in it.

Take a while getting used to it, but works really well.

D&D 5e, they ripped out so much good shit from the playtests for literally no reason.

Fat chance, Tyrone. I live in a white country that will stay that way.

DESU, it's more like society committing suicide via gynocentrism. What is frustrating is that a lot of people were told not to have too many children because of the impact humanity has on the earth. Replacing ourselves with arabs and blacks don't solve that, but keep our countries bankruptcies at bay. For now.

Personally, I don't care, in two or three generations, along most of the Caucasians, feminism will die. Überwomen are in the kitchen, happy, and with a lot of children.

Huh, something changed "to be honest"' abbreviation for "DESU"... intriguing. Testing again " DESU "

Sure buddy. I hope you look back on this Veeky Forums post in like 60 years and feel a little embarrassed.

>Humanity surviving without whites
Kek, no, Blacks will die out without their welfare paid by us

It's cute that you think that the result being talked about is that whities will somehow disappear leaving blacks instead of whites getting knocked up and leaving mixed race people.

>implying feminism is just a Caucasian thing

Stereotypical black people are practically matriarchal.

Well I have a son, and if he wants to fuck niggers that's his choice. I'll make sure to explain why that culture and thinking is subhuman and once he's old enough explain how modern society distorts anthropological evidence to fit a "one race" narrative.

Also mixed here; mother was white human and father was nigger. Never met him. Stereotypes exist for a reason

kek

Have fun when he turns against you and starts taking BBC up his tight boihole, my insecure friend

ME2 had so many great old-school sci-fi yarns in its missions that it literally had one centered around a ship called the Hugo Gernsback.

That's fine, enjoy your shitty Mass Effect

>Stereotypical black people are practically matriarchal.

"Patriarchal" implies "father figure present."

*cough*

Holy shit that's hilarious

You're like the racial equivalent of that asshole that can't stop raving about those darn homosexuals, but cries himself to sleep at night because they just can't stop getting erect over hot sweaty men.

Like most racists, you appear to be illiterate.

FantastyCraft and Legend did a pretty good job of it considering that their base was 3.5, especially with the latter's base being PvP 3.5.

I think there's a codex entry in the first game that says something like blue eyes and blonde hair are more rare in the future, but that makes sense since they're both recessive genes. Other than that I'm not sure what you're talking about

They listened to every piece of feedback their players gave them. You know, the players who consisted of dedicated 3.X fanboys who didn't want to accept that their system had moved on, and believed Caster Supremacy was a feature and that no puny jock should be able to compete with someone who can SHAPE REALITY WITH THEIR MIND!!!!!!

Meanwhile, all the sane people left D&D like the sinking ship it was.

Which is why NEXT/5e turning out to be a fairly decent system surprised everyone.

Having seen the clips I think it might be fixable shit with the inevitable 0-day patch - it looks like they've either not properly set into place all the mo-cap animations yet for Ryder or there's a bug with how the animation system is handling its coordinate systems.

What's funny is some of the problems look suspiciously like the weird face and animation problem my version of The President from Saints Row 4 got when I played Gat out of Hell and it imported the look from SR4 into GooH.

(the flipside to all that is that, and given that it's fucking EA, we might be looking at another VtM: Bloodlines where the game is just not ready but EA is gonna push it out regardless, and the devs are gonna get the blame for it.)

ME1 sucked though, ME2 was the only good game in the series.

It isn't even a joke how badly Paizo communicates, their employees regularly insult huge portions of their playerbase on Twitter and their official fucking forums, they've deleted great posts that try to help them fix their broken and bad archetype playtests, straight up lied about upcoming products etc.

Ayo, hol up! Readin' be racis n' sheeeit.

>mea culpa
Implying Bioware or EA would ever have the decency to apologize for their opus.
Nah they'll be too busy running around blaming entitled gamers and racists and homophobes and whatever else gets them the most money from their hugbox.
If you paid real money for this you have no one to blame but yourself.

>Blacks will die out without their welfare paid by us
Quick question there pal, are you from a net contributor (IE Blue state) or a net receiver
(IE Red state) of federal tax dollars? 'Cause if you aren't a contributor you're no better than those you seek to put down, since your entire state only functions due to the handouts you get from the feds.

Newfag

That's Veeky Forums's answer to everything.

>5e
>decent
The real surprise is that people think that.

Yet very few of those black matriarchs are screeching 3rd wave feminists. Pink haired hipster glassed "feminists" are a by-product of bored little (heh, most are actually quite large) white girls that are trying to deflect attention from the fact their families are well off, and they have lots of idle time due to not needing to work their way through college.

5e did simplify out a lot of the bad parts of 3.5 without really changing the feel, and generally feels more accommodating to concepts without requiring some special feat or prestige class or whatever other loops to jump through. Every system has its flaws, but for the kinds of things I'd use DnD for it's my choice out of the lot

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the stereotypical grandma that's raising all her children's kids while their real parents are screwing around or in jail or whatever. Not to be confused with people who are loud on twitter or tumblr or whatever you're bitching about

5e really serves no purpose these days. There are many other systems that do what it does infinitely better. In fact, most people who play 3.PF and 5e play them out of habit and not because of their design.

Slave labor freelancers paid for by the Paizo devs and released as Paizo products. Don't make it sound like it's third party.

hey,

fuck what
and
said,

i like you,

you make sense, and to be honest, i have met a lot of mixed people who put up the middle finger at BOTH races.

keep the torch burning, and watch for the man in green who will appear at your doorstep bearing gifts of power and unity and purpose....

He says with no examples...

Is it too late to ask for that '/pol/ is the new furries' screencap? I really need to save a copy for myself to use.

People say this sort of thing, but the examples used tend to be kind of sketchy, like Fantasycraft or Savage Worlds or something that have their own problems that often to me are even greater than the ones they were complaining about in DnD. I've played tons of systems, but I still go back to DnD for most fantasy games

At this point everybody here has likely encountered multiple "have you tried not playing D&D?" replies to complaints over something, with the OP asking for alternatives and Veeky Forums providing them.

>There are many other systems that do what it does infinitely better.
You're only supposed to make that shitpost about GURPS. Nice trips though.