What's your favorite obscure 40k character, who may not exist in the current edition, but had rules?

What's your favorite obscure 40k character, who may not exist in the current edition, but had rules?

Pic related for me. Captain Invictus, the last time an Ultramarines 1st Captain did anything useful: which was die to a man against tyranids while sporting a sick plasma blaster.

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/Tyrannic-War-Veterans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Solomon Lok, who perished in the Inquisition's version of Jurassic Park

Lukas the Trickster, dude could take out a Titan simply by being stepped on by it.

How is Uriel Ventris after all this time?

>Marbo is not in the IG codex anymore

Dammit all I want is our Rambo back, people made so many great conversions for him, arguably encouraging more hobby creativity than anything else in the army and they took him out of the book, WHILE HE STILL HAS A MODEL.

Yes I am mad.

Doomrider

/thread

Naaman. If I could chose one without rules, it would be Cloud Runner.

I love that metal termie, great for conversions, like pic related.

Epic! I browse 1d4chan too!

I don't know enough about 40k lore to know whats abscure or not but I really liked Tuska's lore.

>and some says he still kicking ass to this day.

I believe back in 2nd ed, they had rules for Brother Cleutin. They most certainly did have Nuadhu Fireheart.

Not him, but what's the deal with the backlash against 1d4chan I keep seeing on Veeky Forums? Is it just because it's full of memes? Or do people just read 1d4chan and nothing else and then think they're informed?

Both

Some people unironically spout the memes and it's pretty outdated in some areas, to the point of giving straight up bad advice sometimes.

>ctrl+f
>No Cortez

> Nobz: Nearly three times more expensive than a normal Ork Boy, but with +1 Wound, +1 Attack, and +1 Strength. However, like the Warboss, they get access to the shiniest wargear available to the Ork army, from Power Klaws to Kombi-shootas to 'Eavy Armor. Great in both close combat AND shooting. Best used as bodyguards for your Warboss. This massive Orky beatstick will likely cost several hundred points, and isn't going anywhere fast without something to cart them around. However, this mean, green pain machine is quite cost-effective by many armies' standards

> Gorkanaut: New big walker. It's pretty well armored with 13/13/12 and 5 hp, has 2 rokkits (meh), 2 twin link big shootas, a scorcha, and the Deffstorm mega shoota, which pumps out a whopping 3d6 s6 ap4 shots a turn. This loadout is very nice on the overwatch, with lots of dakka being supported by a template. Also is s10 ap1 with 4 attacks and rampage in CC, so it'll shred most things it comes into contact with. Overall, it's an infantry wrecker. Has a 6 man transport capacity with no assault vehicle or firing points for...reasons, so don't use it to transport anything that wants to assault or shoot.

It's just not been maintained well and has kind of degraded due to lack of a singular editing voice. It's not unsalvageable but this kind of entropy is fairly normal in unmaintained but changing systems.

Shittiest Space Marine model ever produced

But he was pretty cool

>Shittiest Space Marine model ever produced
Not in a world with Dreadknights, Santa-Sleighs and melee Centurions running around.

Naaman! Heroics on the captain Invictus tier...and he's a scout sergeant! Respect.

Good old dickfingers.

Moriar the Chosen.
While we got Cassor the Damned as a semi-replacement, it'd be nice if the OG had rules again.

It's a ruin of a long forgotten ancient civilisation.
It's become a grognard graveyard.

Nuadhu Fireheart
Chariot rules in the BRB make it easy to represent him properly, modelwise GW could update the vyper kit (maybe with a new variant, so you could have normal vyper, op nuvyper and Nuadhu in the box) or just design him with a fancy custom ride (just don't make it a sleigh)

I don't know the crunch well enough to know how wrong that is, but I'm assuming very

By what I gather it's basically become so ingrained in newfag mentality that it's often the first and last place where people go to know the lore, without taking into account that it's full of memes and clichés (that often are wrong). People then proceed to get mad when official fluff doesn't conform to either.

I'd like to get the Last Chancers back in their original form, where each model had their own story and special rules.

The third Ork god.

Makari wouldn't count as obscure, would he?

>not Two Heads Talking

fucking heretic

I mean, it is a wiki. You could just edit it.

White Scars Dreadnought.

"Before his internment within a Dreadnought, Honoured Temajin served as part of the great Kyublai Khan's Honour Guard. However, whilst locked in a duel with a fell champion of the Black Legion, Temajin was shot in the back by a Legionnaire's plasma gun and laid low. Whilst many White Scars find the prospect of being confined within the metal sarcophagus a horror, believing their soul should be allowed to roam free, Temajin has vowed to hunt down and enact revenge against the coward who shot him."

>even in death i still go fast

I always liked Chenkov. In reality I'd hate that style of command in real life, but the way I play is like that. More meat for the grinder.

An entire faction.

Roghrax Bloodhand, that lunatic Khornate who steered his fleet into Hive Fleet Kraken because he needed the biggest, juiciest skulls.

Nobz is a little enthusiastic about their staying power, but it's not inaccurate. Compared to, say, a jump unit of Assault Marines, vanilla comes in for roughly the same cost, has similar equipment, but has greater staying power even if it takes wounds. Give 'em a bosspole and you'll get marginally better results from Mob Rule.

Catch them on the charge and you'll get 40 S5 hits: even against power armour that's still worth it, and though you'll lose a Nob on that charge before he can hit anything (and maybe more to overwatch), you'll still be averaging 4.5 unsaved wounds. Second round is slightly worse for you, but no better for the marines at all - you lose 1, they lose 2, at which point they're down to 3 and you're still on 8. Third round you wipe them.

If we're saying basic Nobz are overpriced, we're saying jump marines are too, and you know what? I fucking remember terminator squads starting at 300 points and getting easily countered by massed gretchin, so don't start with me.

Gorkanauts... yeah, they're kind of eggs/basket, but they can indeed fire overwatch so against certain opponents you're only worrying about range - but you can easily wipe a lot of squads with a single volley from the mega-shoota. Sure, I get it, it's pricey and it's hard to find a use for it because it's not a super-heavy and it's not an assault vehicle, but it's not a Rhino either, it's a Russian doll for your mega-armored boss and a couple of nobz. Since they're slow anyway, it actually makes sense to put them in something that can take even more of a beating than they can and still shoot back.

Oh wait you're one of those "we should have monstrous creature as standard for warbosses and gargantuan creature for special characters and they should still be able to join units, which by the way should have I10 as standard" fags, aren't you?

Maybe you should stop complaining about players who are enthusiastic about Orks.

they were shit

deal with it

This guy.

I have a kit bashed one, he's not great rules wise but I like his character.

lol whatever youngling. You don't know much about the Rogue Trader. Multi melta on a trike bitch.

Wazdakka Gutsmek. Mother fucker launched his bike of da apokalypse off a cliff and punched a titan in the face.

Duke Sliscus. A coked-out dandy who was kicked out of Commoragh for being too FABULOUS, but keeps getting let back in because he's just so FABULOUS.

Oh yeah, that one time dark eldar had more than 2 characters for a month or two.

Good times.

>obscure
>gets posted on Veeky Forums every other day.
Pick one.

I remember the original Grendel story.

Fuck that character, I am so god damn sweating neckbeard triggered that they canonized it in Dark Heresy.

This

I really like Leman Russ

>had a model

Fuck you, I won't do you what you tell me.

Duke "Stole your bitch, stole your fleet" Sliscus, aka Poison For Breakfast, aka Duke "The Duke" Sliscus, aka Duke Fancy Pants, aka Duke "Say My Name" Sliscus

Alizebeth Bequin, Queen of all untouchables

Can't touch this... nah nahh nah nahhh nah nah nah naaahhh

We had Vect, Lelith, Drazhar, Urien, the Decapitator, and Kruellagh all the way from 3rd to 5th edition.

5th edition dropped Kruellagh, and brought in Duke Sliscus and Baron Sathonyx.

7th just cut everything except Lelith, Drazhar, and Urien, but we've never only ever had two characters.

Pic related, from back when the Eldar were spooky space chinks.

StoryofEisenhornslife.jpg

The funny thing is she's still a fairly important character in the fluff and pops up quite regularly. I'm honestly surprised GW haven't given her a model and a new set of rules by now.

Asdrubael Vect. May he return one day in glory.

He will be mutated chaos eldar by that time.

>tfw no Castigators

If I ever decide to become the sort of scum who runs Webway Portal + Wraithguard (Spooky D Flamers edition) I'm at least going to convert some of those fuckers. I'd also try to find something to represent (spoilers for Path of the Archon) the power of a mother fucking sun blasting my enemies

He looks like a retarded autist.

She got her prophecy stolen by some former farseer turned dark hussy.

Her goddamn god of death is busy playing diplomat with mon-keigh that she despises.

Ironic as fuck.

I don't understand why they took him away. I hope he comes back in the next one, and with some official art. He's a fan favorite.

Klovis the Redeemer.

Not an important character by any means, but he seems fun.

We could start a petition kek. GW might listen if, for example, a large portion of TheDarkCity and Veeky Forums's DE cohort said they'd buy the model.

>He will be mutated chaos eldar by that time.
Shiggy Diggy, GW.

And this really fires me up, because Ynnead and Slaanesh are just sides of one coin, that is the Eldar's cuckoldry with the gods.

Asdrubael Vect is a symbol of freedom.

Ynnead brought back BobbyG uncorrupted so Dark Gods and primarchs tremble.

Jesus Christ, my dick!

What happened to 40k art? It's so generic these days, like MtG art.

Its full of cucks who think -4 str is a violent meme.

Also this Only good reads are the old copypastas from tg

>Ynnead brought back BobbyG uncorrupted
Yeah, he might as well be a puppet of the mon'keigh's corpse-god.

This
Its like, if you went to America, wearing a powdered wig, ordered a thanksgiving dinner at McDonalds, and asked where the nearest sock hop was.

Emps is unconscious, he doesn't give shit about his sons and cares only for SoB's. Only Eldar and their god care about Guilly.

5th also had Malys

>he doesn't give shit about his sons and cares only for SoB's
A fathering example.

Ultramarine Tyranic War Veterans. Not a singular character, but they were the best part of the Ultrafags. Too bad they were retconned out.

>Be GW
>Write cool thing
>People like it
>Remove said thing in a later edition
>Completely erase it from the entire setting
>Repeat

Why.

Those still exist and GW still sells them.

Zodgrod Wortsnagga and his SOOPERRUNTZ!

man, I wouldnt even be angry with gee dubs if they just included legacy or conversion rules for dudes they struck out like they did for fantasy, but just straight striking them out of everything because they lost a lawsuit really angers me.

Because GW is like Marvel, they want to make their fans mad for rage bucks, not please them. Anything good is a failure.

Hate what they've done to him in the fluff, he counts as obscure as the real him has basically been retconned out of existance

God I wish he had some decent rules or didn't cost so much. Running him in a squad with an autocannon and sniper rifles would be fun if he wasn't so expensive and shit. Also Straken, fuck I love him, but he is so expensive and really difficult to use.

What lawsuit did they lose?

This is the biggest pile of steaming shit they ever rewrote. Making him a stupid ass perpetual negates HIS WHOLE MANLINESS FOR SACRIFICING HIMSELF FUUUUUUUUCK.

One with chapterhouse, basically told them they couldn't copyright shit they don't make a model for.

>Not an important character by any means

Nigga, this motherfucker is going to revive the Emperor and personally kill Khorne.

The fucker already cured Nurgle's Rot.

Tuska

Pt 2

Saint Praxedes

A Sister of Battle cannoness with a statline comparable to a Space Marine Chapter Master, a honking great hammer and a fun special rule. When she charges an enemy unit, she knocks them off balance and halves the enemy WS for the turn while buffing her unit's WS by 1 that turn.

Killed in action leading the SOB on that planet evacuating refugees from a Tyranid invasion. Killed a hive tyrant, then died mutually killing a second to buy time for more refugees to escape.

oh lordy, GW and their female figures.

he was great, shame they had to edgelord the fluff and have ghazkull kill him.

Fucking new Guard book, no more rambo, no more chekov no more al raheim. :(

Solar Macharius. He had an awesome model and interesting rules. His lore was interesting and he was actually a normal human leader that did things.

Wait I love Macharius, when did he get a model?

15 years ago?

He dressed like an absolute doink though

Early 2000's? there abouts he came out.

Geez that does not do him justice.

I never found him very compelling he's just Alexander the Great, unless there was some story i missed where he had something interesting about him

Still nice that a humie could do something in 40k

Tobias Maxilla, the extravagant rogue trader who occasionally gives aid to Inquisitor Eisenhorn.

I shed a tear when he died protecting his friends from rival inquisitors.

Squats were actually just a unit in 40k. An army list was posted in a WD but this was stated to be a fan project. GW were planning on giving them a fall army but this project was squatted.

They existed in Rogue Trader, they also existed in the 2nd edition temproary army list/background book Codex Imperialis. But never got a codex.

I like it.

It would be better if they remodeled it so the scale doesn't look so chubby, though.

You can't retcon something that never existed in the first place. Ollanius Pius was NEVER anything more than an in-universe legend, mentioned once in Rogue Trader and never again.

blacklibrary.com/all-products/Tyrannic-War-Veterans.html

>I never found him very compelling he's just Alexander the Great
Then they got William King to turn him into an OC and it turned into complete garbage. Sometimes it's just better to just leave the obvious allegory characters be obvious allegories.