Possible Amonkhet Leak

Dusk (?) - 2ww
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures with power greater or equal to 3
Dawn (?) - 3ww
Sorcery
Consequence - Cast this spell only from your graveyard, then exile it.
Return all creature cards with power less than or equal to 2 from your graveyard to your hand.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/601481/get_a_translation_possible_spoiler_for_amonket/?sort=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These are the ugliest split cards I've seen. WHY DO THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ANGLES

Jesus that formatting.

It's happening.

Why? Why not just make it two different cards? Who thought this was a good idea? If this is real, I am off the hype- train.

>why not make it two different cards?
Because it being a spell you can cast that turns into a different flashback spell once it hits the grave is the entire point.

>English card name starts with D
>210/269

Real nice "leak" we have here.

Then just give it Flashback and "If this card is cast from the graveyard, then [new effect]" It takes up just as much space and doesn't look ass- ugly

That's true but the post I was responding to wanted Dusk and Dawn to be two separate cards which is retarded.

OH I GET IT
It's shaped differently to differ it from split cards.

Could be Sunset and Sunrise instead

How about Sunset/Sunrise?

cards with unique frames go to their own part of the list

Isn't the bigger issue that it's a white card with those numbers?

Pls no

One can be casted from your Hand, the other only from the graveyard, guess which.

Also possible the "split" cards are in a separate section of the numbers like double faced cards are.

Consequences is almost "Flashback, the return".

Anyways, that card makes almost the current meta obsolete and it is pretty ugly. I hope it isn't really such true... althought it is looks like it is true.

The current meta is unbelievably dogshit so good I hope it does.

Is it that fucking hard to just bring back Flashback Wizards? Is it that fucking hard?

There are specific cards that reference Flashback. JUST GIVE US FLASHBACK YOU RETARDS.

That card would nullify stompy and zoo decks so, it will just replace shit with shit

It's different from Flashback though you mong. It can't be returned from exile like flashback cards can.

Can't let players use Runic Repetition or Quiet Speculation user. That would just be too smart. Too smart for Wizards.

Remember market research says returning old mechanics is too confusing for new players. Can't have old players tell new players about how new cards with old mechanics are worse than the last time those mechanics showed up.

Wut?
It isn't different from flashback at all other than formatting.

No, instead we tell them how new mechanics are functionally the same as old mechanics.

They said they can and will return mechanics, it's just that they wanted to try something new. Flashback is a popular mechanic, it will come back

It's a completely different spell in the graveyard. If it's in your grave and an effect is preventing you from casting the first half, you can still cast the second half. There are two different CMCs

Flashback doesn't change it into a different-named card and Flashback doesn't change what the card does. Even the 'Increasing' cycle you just posted just makes the card stronger, it doesn't change the functionality.

>try something new
So let me get this straight. Complexity creep is not allowed for commons, but we need to shit up the rulebook with Chroma and Devotion and Consequence and Flashback because why the fuck not.

Let's not fuck around here. Stupid novelty sells better than streamlined exploration and fulfillment of a mechanic. We're going to be stuck with worthless pieces of parasitic shit like Vehicles and Aetherborn and throwaway junk like Constellation and everyone's going to suck Wizards' dick when they bring it back five years from now.

I'm sorry you hate keywords user.

Do you complain about every keyword that could have just been a variant of Kicker too?

what the fuck is this formatting? Why not just add an alternative cost like unearth and then a clause "if ~ was cast from your graveyard, do this instead."
this is fucking stupid if it's real. The fact that the formatting is shitty and inefficient makes me think it's fake or wizards is going to start adding shitty gimmicks to every set that make the cards look weird.

>different spell in the graveyard
Not exactly. The game would see both Dawn and Dusk in all game zones, but Dusk as the addendum "Cast only from the graveyard"

>Two different cmcs
I'll give you that one, but only half. That makes it slightly different from Flashback, but not different enough to warrant a new mechanic, unless for some reason a major theme is "CMC Matters"

Does this look better or worse than the Kamigawa cards you had to turn upside down to read?

It could also be used to have differently coloured spells on the same card, while flashback cards like Ancient Grudge are one color only. They could also be different types, like a sorcery that you can recast as an instant.

Damnit Rosewater...

Yes. Because they print cards like this and they are reduced to utter uselessness for lack of support. Same with Rage Extractor, with Start your Engines, and Quiet Speculation. Same with useless shit like Dwarf and Aetherborn lords.

Cards like that could possibly be engine cards. But they never will be because Wizards just forgets about them.

That would be an interesting use of this mechanic. However, I do think that would be deemed "too confusing for new players".

Better because they're not permanents and you only have to worry about one half at a time

Flashback gives you the same spell again and this ... Consequence I guess, gives you a different spell. Which is neat. It's basically a slightly different Flashback.

It's not like this has never been done before with all the mechanics that were basically Kicker but slightly different.

The only problem I have with it that it manages to look worse than split / fuse cards, because it's not aligned. Just make it look like split / fuse cards and one of the cards gets Consequence from them, bam, done and with a formatting that's already established

Fuck NWO. You could do some much crazy shit with some of these new mechanics, but they get limited so badly.

It's the whole problem with single keywords, like how snakes and naga have no mechanical overlap despite it being completely arbitrary which one a card is labelled.

NWO order basically only effects common and uncommon. It they wanted to do it at Rare or Mythic they could/can.

Kinda playing Devil's Advocate here, but it's probably set up like that so the top part is aligned the same way a normal card is. Then you could put the card in the graveyard sideways so you can see the Consequence spell without going through your grave

I could do the same with a regular split card though

Not everything need to add to the blobs that are elf, goblin, and Merfolk decks.

Yeah, except I'm not talking about archetypes that already exist but the potential for new archetypes that are not explored because Wizards doesn't give a fuck.

The moment I saw Aetherborn I saw a stillborn tribe.

I agree. There could have been some really fun cards, especially recently. Meld for instance could have been utilized more.

Yes, but they won't. They'll want all the Consequence cards to be thematically linked, so no supertype changes and no color changes. They've been so afraid of pushing the limit on what they can do with a mechanic and exploring design space, that they arbitrarily limit themselves and "Play it safe".

Yeah, I'm sure the perpendicular split was for visual clarity in terms of which is the "first" spell and which is the "second". But it sure is ugly. Still not as annoying as Kamigawa flip cards though.

>Yes, but they won't.
Perhaps. But again, it wouldn't be because of NWO.

Yeah, they've been trying to make the "two cards in one" thing work for some time. I think the Ravnica split/fuse cards were okay though, although your argument with the "which part is which" makes at least some sense

Why does every mechanic or tribe need to exist outside of Standard or Limited?

Having Aetherborn as a viable tribal in even just modern would be fucking sick.
That's my opinion and your wrong if you disagree

Talking to you has been a waste of time. Thanks for defending Wizards' mediocrity.

Good argument champ, do you get mad about no new Thallids being printed too?

>tfw shitty wotc refuses to support Homarids after their release

How does snapcaster interact with this spell

I'm 90% sure if you flashback it, you flashback the original card, not the consequence one.

Does no one realize the bottom is formatted like that, so it can stick out of the side of your graveyard and be be easily readable? Yeah it's kinda silly but I think that is the intention here, top for hand and bottom for yard.

That is a great question. One that will be answered when judges get their set notes shortly before the set releases.

Yeah that's eactly it. Anyone who has played dredge understands the struggle

Show me precedent of this that isn't multi-colored or colorless.

I actually think you could target either, but targeting the consequence spell is completely pointless since you can cast it without snappy and it's exiled either way.

So functionally, Snappy just lets you flashback the first spell.

>parasitic
>vehicles
You don't know what parasitic means do you?

Holy shit Veeky Forums is awful at Magic. Seriously, Reddit is embarrassed for you guys.

Oh boy, another dogshit set.

I don't know man, an artifact that requires creatures to function is pretty much the definition of parasitic. What if the next set has no creatures?

>Who thought this was a good idea?
The same guys who thought having a second card on the back was a good idea

I call it Unlegions.

>cutting the artwork space even more
nice design there

I'm just so confused why Aetherborn couldn't also be Elementals, especially since they're pretty much Elementals in fluff.

How they can say they want to broaded creature types while releasing shit like Najas, Aetherborn, and Surrakar baffles me.

So where's the rest of the pack, if this is legit and not just fake?

we can dream

Allegedly, this was pulled from a MM3 pack.

>sorcery that you can recast as an instant.

You could do some really fun stuff with that.

>Red ritual that generates mana and then becomes a burn spell with a mana cost equal to the ritual's generated mana
>Spirit that turns into a healing spell.
>0/1 seed that turns into a treefolk when they die

I expect WotC to fuck it up, but the idea is sound. These should have been dual faced.

>implying they would spoil something for europoors, much less Italy, the niggers of europe

>Italy
>Not Greece.

>it probably won't work with creatures due to the wording
>no white pharaoh that can be recast as a black mummy legend

The only reason Greece being broke was news is that it was actually news. Italy being broke, corrupt, and stupid is par for the course. Why the fuck do you think so many of them came over here?

How the fuck did this get approved by the visual design team? That shit's jarring

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a creture that goes to the grave then you cast their spell from the grave.

But not a creature on the consequence half

Because it didn't. Reddit has already figured it out, Veeky Forums, Jesus.

Source fag

Google: It's not just for finding Minion pics anymore

The only thread I see is

reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/601481/get_a_translation_possible_spoiler_for_amonket/?sort=new

And no one seems to have a definitive answer. There seems to be equal parts scepticism and enthusiasm. Unless I'm just missing something.

>Top, Pla. Cost on top. So you play it as normal.
>Bottom, play from graveyard.

If cards are splayed out in your yard from left to right the cost is easily visible.

Huh. Pretty smart design even if it's fake.

>Dur hur I don't display card in my yard that way
That's nice. You will.

That's actually pretty cool. I like it a lot. The WotC design team has been doing a fantastic job the last couple of years. Especially head of design, Mark Rosewater. Many people say he is responsible for many of the faults in the game, but most current problems are development problems. People should stop blaming him for so many things that aren't his fault. He really is doing his best and most people really enjoy my work. Rock on, Maro! You are a cool guy!

WotCStaff

What are you talking about? The beveling? It's the same as normal cards.

Mechanically it's a pretty sweet card, but holy fuck is it an ugly as fuck looking card. Really hope it's fake.

Could this work with creatures?

Like when it first comes into play it's rather weak but when you cast it from your graveyard it's very powerful.

It's a pretty neat mechanic -- surprised pseudo-Flashback has never been done before -- but god damn does it look like shit.I really hope this isn't real.

MUMMY

So, now I can obliterate BG Delirium battlefield if they beat me in the early game, and return half of my creatures from graveyard as an instant when the usual control player taps out trying to use his winning condition.

Mardu is happy

Boom//Bust came after all the red cards, but wasn't separated from them. So unless they changed the numbering scheme, I dunno.

>It doesn't have Fuse
>It looks like THAT

Better. This actually makes sense seeing how most players stack their graveyards. In a straight line this pokes out the relevant card. But, the kamigawa rotate cards sucked nuts.

I was trying to formulate why I thought it looked bad when I realized that it's actually this entire part.
The bevels on the regular frame taper off into a black bottom, making the text box look like it's resting naturally on top of the border. This shit leaves a gap of white background between the text box and the border, making the text box look completely out of place and just slapped on there.

And here's the card that comes AFTER all the red cards in that set with non-standard borders. A regular-ass green card. Because cards are numbered WUBRG, multicolored, artifacts, lands.

So, can we stop talking about this fake spoiler, now?

Derp forgot image