/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 24 (1d26)

Reformed Pasta edition
Land's Graviton Raider subedition

Backwards hands, assassins when? Angelus seminar, salty Tau,10,000 dudes is not enough to take a planet. Leman is a special boy. And a hell of a load of people checked how awesome various HH pictures were. Newfags, Newfags errywhere. No 30k xenos ever >READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for Leman being more autistic than Dorn and the Lion

Fuck, always somebody manages to get a new thread up as I'm about to post mine. Shouldn't spend so much time on my summaries.

You say that, but what you mean is that you like Russ less than those two.

Hey, I made it into the summary. That never happens. Yey.

What was your summary? Always really nice to read those, for some reason.

Even my dog is better at judging people's mood than me and Leman Russ

>I have no idea what I'm doing edition
>Warp be crazy; Custodes HQ only wear capes and nothing else at all, nothing at all, nothing at all...; X marks the aquila; blackshields = deathwatch?; my favorite thing is best thing; ya'll cowards need to post more models; ignore Goldie fluff, hide Goldie fluff; Angelus will keep /hhg/ great; battle-brothers don't leave battle-brothers hanging; this is 40k General, right?; HH seminars on youtube; I give this summary an awesome score of 27,5%. More at

Which legion/30k faction do you feel is most OP in the current game?

Nightlords

I hope they get nerfed in Angelus

Is it the talent for murder or the 5+ cover on first turn? Overall their units and ROW aren't great compared to others. Unless you just hate their fluff which is understandable.

He was joking, TSons are pretty strong, but only OP if you go balls-to-the-wall with them, but then so are IWs.

The problem with 1kson is that they are a psyker focused legion in a game with very little anti-psyker

It's like if nobody else could attack in melee WE would be OP

Lascannon to the face is pretty effective anti-psyker in my experience. Can't do psyker BS when they're dead now can they :^)

I mean, SoS exist.

And what do traitors do? Also allying in SoS is a cop out we have 17 legions that have never required anyone to change their list but because of 1ksons we all have to ally In some hooter hitches or else you stand no chance

>being traitors
>auto assuming you're going to lose because the TSon player paid 100s of points for a few mastery levels.

Something I saw in another thread got me wondering. The rules all speak of Flying MC's in the singular. What happens when a squadron of Flying Monstrous Creatures gets shot and has to take a grounding test? Do all the members of the squad have to take a test, or just one? Can you down an entire squadron with one lucky shot? If not, and it's only one, what happens to the MC when it's grounded and the others are not? Can you only assault the one that fell over? Can it pivot and redirect the entire squad when transitioning from glide to swoop? I think I'm catching a case of the retard.

See, normally this is a moot point because until now, there has never been a Flying Monstrous Creature squadron, not even for Tyranids. But the Vultarax Stratos-Automata can be taken in squads of three...

My guess is one goes down, similar to if a vehicle squadron loses one to Immobilize.

See, thousand sons by themselves have enough drawbacks to be balanced-cost for a praetor with mastery levels, negatives to leadership without ICs, pinning from perils-but none of that matters when Magnus takes the field since he will never die so that problem will never occur, he improves their leadership by existing and he can cast without basically ever taking perils, meaning that all the 1ksons balances are ignored. Magnus needs to be warhound-tier in cost and then maybe he'll be balanced
I would take the grounding test per model, and if it does get grounded then detach it. Something worth emailing FW about

Template them. Full psychic retard TS force is still infantry and still dies to same anti infantry shit.

Also flyer spams just shits on that kind of lists

I want a playable Rangdan army. Guys were hardcore and we know nothing about them.

Well a FMC that gets grounded can swoop again on its turn. It's only an issue if it gets charged, in which case it ought to disengage from its squad

There's no rule precedent that says a squad can split like that. In fact, the closest precedent we have is , where an immobilized vehicle will count as destroyed, which means there's a 33% chance to instantly kill a vultarax if the squad takes at least one wound.

This is why you never take squadrons if you can help it.

You can charge one model, the model is part of the unit, therefore you have charged the unit.
Making them squadrons was a mistake.

So the other two cease Swooping and suddenly transition to Glide?

I think taking them in squadrons would be good, because it guarantees one popped spartan a turn, and you can shell whatever the fuck was inside without losing any efficiency. But this whole FMC Grounding problem is really making me wonder.

They're the Slaugth from FFG RPGs allied with another species called the Khrave which ate bone marrow.

If you want to follow the chain of technicalities, they're locked in combat because the unit as a whole is, and will have to change modes because they can't move at the next opportunity.

Swooping models can't be charged, but the model that was charged wasn't swooping.

>blackshields = deathwatch?
i already regret asking that

But there's no rules for a squad that's half Swooping, half Gliding. The two have never mixed before until now. Can you charge a mixed squad like that?

There are rules for it: namely, they must stay in coherency and their maneuverability is restricted to that of the slowest member.

Yes, but are they thrown into Glide the moment the Grounded model is charged, or at the start of their next turn? Are they forced to take part in the combat from the first blow, or do they get to dictate their involvement until later? And if they aren't forced into the combat (and would be forced to Glide at the start of their next turn) and the Grounded model dies, are they still forced to change modes?

I ran white scars bike list with two Knights at 3000 points and I still outnumbered my TS opponent

Suffice it to say that they pay out the fucking ass for mastery

But did you win though user.

The Rangdan are described as being capable of infesting planets, being something more difficult than the sporks to remove after fungal growth all over planets.

Supposedly they also had advanced technologies.

In other news, does anyone know where it is hinted that the Tyranids where fleeing from some intergalactic threat?

Is there any generic RoW that focuses on footslogging PA infantry?

As much as I hate Leman- no one is more autistic than the lion

No generic ones, sadly. Legions like the Death Guard and World Eaters have rites that support footsloggers, but none are generic. Blackshields can kinda do it, but they're a seperate army, not a legion. What legion are you doing?

so are blackshields a viable thing?

SoH. I was planning to add a bit of AdMech I have, but sadly the Long March prohibits ally.

Holy fuck why are Blood Angels so popular?

Someone botted the poll

IN terms of armies I encounter, alpha legion seem to be the most popular

It's spooky

It was in a fluff bit from one of the old codices where a Magos was speculating on why the Nids had crossed the void between galaxies.

It think it might have been the same Magos who was chastised for trying to claim every odd xenos beast was a Tyranid organism.

Mary sues are always popular.

>hurr muh legion is sekret loyalists with lots of primarch clones and make up all other factions and have lots of OP deus ex machina assets and gambits going on all the time.

>Nids are running from Orks
>We wuz Bosses 'n shiet logic

>Implying orks will ever be relevant

>Calth
>the Beast
>Armageddon
>Crimson Fists battle

>what did orks do at calth?
>died to the imperium at its weakest
>lost once already, will lose again
>failed to wipe out a single chapter

Not looking so good.

>phantom Ork force forced greatest legion to march to its execution grounds

The rest are self explanatory and disprove your point quite effectively. Nevermind how the super ork horde coming out of that nasty fight with the Tyranids are obviously going to come crashing down on whats left of the Cadian sector looking for a fight with Abaddon's Black Crusade.

Not like it matters. If one NPC race takes out the other, then they just be extra chaff for the imperium or chaos to wipe out later. GW already said that chaos is the true threat.

not that I like it, but they were pretty clear

>not like it matters but let me just move this goal post a bit not like it matters but I moved it over here

You haven't proven they are relevant. They get destroyed at every major engagement. They win a few battles, but they never win the war. They lost while at their strongest historically, to the imperium at it's weakest. Fucking tau have made more gains.

I guess Horus wasn't relevant to you either.

The single model takes a grounding test, and that single model can be assaulted. As long as it remains in coherency it doesn't auto-die, but only it swings in the combat, the other two cannot swing or strike blows just as if they were outside of 2" in an assault or challenge. The important thing here is that the 7th brb does include stuff for the edge case of 'models unable to fight' it's just so damn rare that only hordeguard players and turboautists know about them

Horus actually crippled the Imperium with his actions. He ultimately failed, but he got shit done. And even with that crippled imperium, the orks couldn't finish the job. In fact, after the Beast came through, they started up the forges of war and became the imperium we now know. Add in a little Goge Vandire and boom, you have your modern imperium. I guess you could call the Beast relevant in that his failure created a stronger imperium than before.

>npc race
>fully playable army with decades of codex support, fluff and models

I guess everyone except the ultramarines are an npc race because they only serve to hold the line for/be shot by the blue man group

Now you get it!

Cameloline can be put on more than just cloaks right?

Was thinking of doing my Recon squads power armour like this instead of giving them cloaks.

>Can it pivot and redirect the entire squad when transitioning from glide to swoop?

I like the mental image of a bunch of flying robots just u-turning at ludicrous speeds because one of them fell over.

swooping MCs are only forbidden from charging/being charged.
If they do end up in combat (through this loophole) they will act as normal. So they will fight and can be attacked.
If the combat doesn't have somone killed or falling back they'll have to stay put as any other engaged unit would, regardless of if the grounded mini survives or not.

I don't see why not. Are you doing to do just the armor plates or the cloth as well?

This is in fact straight Codex canon.

>>phantom Ork
You can kill Blackfang, murder Urlakk, slaughter the Beast... Burn all Ullanor down, and it still won't bring Emps back. Him, or any of the Primarchs. And that was our business. Waaaagh. We bought our daily fungus with teef earned for killing. Maybe us getting killed was just balancing the scales.
You know, Ullanor was never the heaven we wanted it to be, but I was still happy to have warred with everyone there. It was such a short time. Such a hypocritical fight. But while I was on Ullanor, I was happy. So I hope I'm not the only one who looks back on those days with happiness.
There's little to remember other than hatred and rage... But of course, this is you, thinking orks think in Gothic. It is no mystery now. I am just a phantom, a fragment of the mind you have lost. The real me died a long time ago.
But even so... more so... I can tell you what you are really feeling. The real emotion that is locked away at the bottom of your hearts. Let it fly out. Let it guide you. Make war. I think it's my job to tell you that... That is why I exist.
So this tape is the last one. Once you are done listening to it, I am one phantom limb that will be gone for good. My flesh, my bones, joining the marmol on the parade boulevard. But do not forget... As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not a phantom limb, or a phantom anything. As part of your hearts. I will always be your angel of doom. So I know exactly how to finish.
Say Waaagh!

Do you guys know any huge sword bits? Bigger than average chainsword/power sword, preferably without specific legion/chapter symbol.

Nice try. You won't get your paragon blades easily.

The Tartaros terminator sword looks pretty good.

FW Legion Praetor swords?

Hmm. Anyone know how bigger the terminator hand is than PA marine one?

Anyone run Master of Signal with Rapiers by any chance? Do you join MoS with Rapiers for BS+1, or let MoS join other squad and deploy somewhere else for better LoS?

i used the cataphractii terminator sword for my librarian, chopped the handle off and pinned it to a regular hand, the termie hand will look significantly too large

The Fall was always prior to the Great Crusade and still is. The Fall is when the Eldar become decadent - their psychic exposure to the Warp creates Slaanesh, but Slaanesh was never, ever, even from RT-era fluff, born until the end of the Age of Strife - the Warp storms that were created before then were all "blown away" by Slaanesh being fully born.

If you want to think of it in sane terms, psychic energy buildup caused the Warp storms, Slaanesh coming to awareness/being born created a focal sink for that energy (the souls of Eldar), meaning it couldn't cause excess Warp storm activity any more.

And also the Eye of Terror was blasted into reality, which would have severely relieved the 'pressure', since we're mixing metaphors anyway.

armour plates and cloth.
but probably leave some of the smaller details like inner joints or bare metal sections of bolters in dull plain colours.

I'd basically features to be somewhat still distinct for aesthetic purposes.

So, I gotta say that I really like how warp talon lightning claws look on MKIV armor. Sadly as NL, I don't think I'll ever be using them because of Chainglaives, though shred is nice.

Also I'm still having fun with magnets

>Brother, watch how fast I run!
>Sir, that's a ridiculous pose
>No it's not. I've seen the picts of master Naar'toh. He's really fast!

I got you Senpai

That's a dreadknight sword isn't it?

That thing is too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough.

It's sword-like, so that's all they need for it to be a sword. Space marines use flags as melee weapons.

Indeed. It's more of a heap of raw adamantium.

>80 replies
>no DG user progress report

Is he dead?

Now he just looks like he's pelvic thrusting. While creepily staring his brother in the eye.

>I am the Night Lord... of the Dance

Choke those psyker fuckheads with phosphex

But user, traitors have a great, cost-effec-pfahahaha.

Ahem.

Traitors have a great, cost-effective counter to psykers in the mhara ga-pfftheheheheh.

I can do this. I can do this.

Right. Here goes. Traitors have a great, cost-effective counter to psykers in the mhara gal dreadnought, so I don't see what the problem is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So what're the Mechanicum Custodes counters? May well be playing them today, so I was wondering what the hell to bring since I haven't exactly read their army list in detail. I presume Intercepting Artillery is as helpful as ever? Don't have many bloops, so not worrying much about the Instant Death brigade. Apparently it's a 4k doubles match, me and Death Guard vs Custodes and Custodes because they want to test their new armies out.

Didn't WB have anti-Psyker RoW or something?

Getting some tamiya clear red for an AoS scheme but also considering a thin layer over my thousand sons just to lend the armour a deeper red since it's a little flat. They are mephiston red with an evil suns highlight. Will probably test it out but does anyone have any experience with it over a non metallic surface?

Word Bearers are my favorite legion and I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and dive into playing 30k.

Anything I need to know about playing them / building a list for them?

Read pdf related. They put cameleoline paint on their armour, be it power armour or carapace. Sure it doesn't make the giant killing machine invisible, but he blend in shadows more easily.

And just the fact that the novel is great should make it a must read.

They can't be loyalists. That's about it.

Erebus (almost) a must for Legion restriction reason I heard.

Why a Reaver so fucking shit damn it.
Why a Reaver look so awesome damn it

>Why a Reaver so fucking shit damn it.
Vets got buffed so now they can't compare.

Sorry for being 40kid - but is Assault less suicide-tier in 30k? I love Assault Marines and would love to focus a list on Assault instead of Shooting.

Okay, bought four boxes of Custodes and two Dreadnoughts! That should tide me over until jetbikes and terminators come out, right?

Also how do you guys do Hetareons and alternate spear weapons?

Oh actually question, if you use a Vexilla, what unit should carry it?

>Hetareons
Alternate colour scheme, blingy bits, fancier bases
>spears
Magnets in arms, probably. We'll have to wait for FW to release weapons for them. Or just kitbash shit together out of eldar and Grey Knight guns, but it'll probably look bad and super-blocky compared to what FW will put out

Honestly, i would only construct two of your four boxes into your dudes of choice, and wait for FW to inevitably release upgrade packs for different weaponry/heads/whatever. A HQ, 3x3 basic dudes and two dreads is a decent force to ally in or ally stuff to until you get your toys from FW. If i decided to do Talons thats how i'd do it, probably bringing Valdor or a non-shield-tribune depending on how serious the game is, a Het squad for him to roll around with, msu shield dudes to remove PA and hold objectives, each dread, as many jetbikes as will fit and then either a suborbital strike wing or Big E Himself

Whats the best way to run Templar Brethren?