Can demons fall in love with humans, Veeky Forums?

Can demons fall in love with humans, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0PazXYvWs4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pic related, but I'd say no. Demons are creatures made out of pure evil, what they might call love will turn out to be only a sick, twisted pantomime of honest emotion. If you're okay having an abusive relationship with a cold-blooded sociopath who'll never truly love you, then have at, I guess?

Huh, I must have pushed cancel instead of open when I selected the pic.

Evil love.

This. Love can be fucked up.

Evil is at its heart about selfishness, where Good is about selflessness, sacrifice and all that. Neutral being something in between where you pretty much mostly care about yourselves but not really too much at the expense of others.

Spoilers, but say, Joel in TLOU would be very much evil. Even if that's not a romantic love, it's still love and sacrificing the many for the few.

If demons truly are personified evil, then of all the extraplanar creatures, they'd be the most likely to fall into love, selfishly disregarding everything but them and their loved one.

Angels would be the opposite, with a utilitarian end-justifies-the-means the few for the many outlook.

Of course, this depends on the setting, but much like SMT the chaos/law paradigm or selfishness/selflessness portrayal makes demons and angels a lot more interesting and cool than just 'lets go burn down an orphanage'.

Depends on the setting.

depends on how the setting portrays demons, are they literally oozing raw evil or just assholes who get kicks from burning down an orphanage?

I'll say yes, but it's something ultimately twisted and awful, OR it's a redeeming quality that might well be the catalyst for the demon spiritually mutating into something that's not a demon anymore.

Sepends on the detting.

Demons would have to be real first.

Love too.

yes

but for devils that is usually expressed as a desire to own you, a selfish love where they still want to make you happy, but all of your happiness must come from them. They want to monopolize you, every smile must be for them.

Depends on setting.

maybe? It would not be a healthy relationship

1, Depends on the setting

2, If you want to bait people into posting hot, sexy demons the you should post a few next time.

If you're going biblical, the devil was never a force of evil. It was Dante's Jesus fanfiction that made demons out to be so evil.

At their root, demons are just angels that sided with Lucifer, and apparently did in fact fall in love with humans, as one of the reasons why God flooded the earth wasn't just because it was tainted with sin, but the children of man and angels were being born and god was pissed that man found a work around for his apple punishment thing.

Hell even the story of the white of Babylon was just Christ fags being butt mad that the Romans didn't like being told they couldn't jack off, had to chop off the tip of their dick, and couldn't have their kick ass gods of war, building shit, unparalleled beauty, wisdom, wine Band getting shitfaced, et cetera.

By the book, demons, angels who opposed the authority of God for some great fucking reasons, could and actually did fall in love and did do the do with women.

Devil's on the other hand, completely different matter compared to demons.

demons can fall in love, but more on the "you're mine" side of things.

I hope so

Defecting female demons is a favorite of mine

What would qualify as 'love' (as opposed to lust or simple infatuation) might vary from culture to culture, but from a Judeo-Christian lens, survey says 'not likely'. Granted, canonical scriptures don't speak at length about the exact nature of demons, aside from the fact that they are 'dark spirits'. But when they are mentioned, love (be it romantic or platonic) is not a byproduct of their involvement in mortal affairs. Your heart won't skip a beat unless the demon makes you endure frequent seizures.

Such a being might THINK it feels love, but that might realistically translate into something more possessive. And that was a deliberate choice of words on my part.

The young mage got kicked out of academy and disgraced, because he summoned a demoness and offered the soul of his firstborn for a favor, the favor being to have a child with the demoness.

Over the course of the game it went from a one-sided hateful ex wife style estranged relationship like two divorced parents juggling custody of the child back and forth between the mortal plane and hell, to at the end kind of a mutual understood love. And when finally the mage died and obviously his soul went to hell, it wasn't tormented too much. The demoness would maintain it's because of the child sticking up for dear old dad's soul and guilting mom into going easy, but we all know it's because she ended up with a soft spot for that hopeless fool.

But that's a dragon.
And she belongs to Anne.

Yes, but it's almost always the yandere kind.

Yandere succubus latching on some compeltely unremarkable mortal is my magical realm.

No, it's a ruse always smite the demon.

This... Is actually a really strong point.

Fuck, now you've got me thinking about a yandere succubus bbeg.

>succubus BBEG deliberately creates a difficult but not impossible adventure to train the unremarkable mortal into a legendary hero

Depends on the setting and the definition of just about every word in your question.

Easy answer, No. Demons are being of complete evil cast out of heaven's light. Love, actual love, is based on said warmth. Demons fail.

Lookin' to make a Beowulf for top-tier babbys?

Certainly, the Abyss holds worse fates.

No. Demons don't have any real emotions, everything you see is a carefully constructed facade meant to further some objective. They drop one mask and switch to a new one the moment it's not useful anymore.

SECONDARIES GET OUT

SEE THE SILVER SKELETON ADVENTURE YOU FUCKING LOSERS AND MAYBE SOME PLANESCAPR FOR DAT REDEEMED SUCCUBUS

MALCHANTET IS MARRIED, THO HER HUSBAND AN OMNI-KEK, GRAZ'ZT IS IN A HATEFUCK RELATIONSHIP ORCUS HAS SO MANY CHILDREN IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY

D&D SUCCUBI ARE MADE OF CONCENTRATED SHIT TASTE BECAUSE MALCHANTHET A BITCH FOR SLAANESH BAD TOUCH KIND OF PLEASURE

READ YOUR FUCKING ECOLOGIES AND DEMONOMICON OF IGGLWILVS

May I recommend Night's Master by Tanith Lee. Demonic Prince falls in love with gorgeous human female. It's a series of books, title above is the first book. They are pretty good stories too.

I think that if its possible for angels to fall and become evil, then there isn't really any reason why a demon can't rise. So, I'd say it probably would depend on the setting, but I wouldn't rule them out.

I'd say they can, but a demon keeps what it loves. If it falls out of love, it will kill what it loves so nothing else can love what it did.

>ORCUS HAS SO MANY CHILDREN

Is there a list or something of them?

>Joel in TLOU
Firefly go and stay go. First damn thing they do with Ellie, the only known immune person in the world, is fucking try and cut her skull open to access her brain. This is ignoring the fact that they would never spread the cure properly anyways, using it as a political tool to try and topple the government.

>Demonic Prince falls in love with gorgeous human female

>female

Nope. Night's Master begins with the Demon Prince having an incestuous love with his adopted son.

They have a daughter together (Azhriaz) who was definitely hybrid Human-Demon in terms of powers. I'll admit it's been more than 2 decades since I read the book, but I do seem to recall a relationship with a female at some point.

Azhriaz isn't in Night's Master. She doesn't come in until the later books of the Tales from the Flat Earth series.

That's my mistake then, I read it the first time as an omnibus of all books, so they do blend together a little bit. :)

I just hope they continue the re-releases of the books, I bought the first 3 re-released ones, but they stopped when Tanith Lee died last year.

There is no difference between a man and demon beyond alignment, I am sure a chaotic evil demon could fall in love with a chaotic evil man

Only if it's bad romance.

ga ga ula-la

>what is Re:Zero

Demons are just fallen angels

Angels fall when they reject God

God is love

So by making a demon fall in love, you can convert them back to being Angels

>not wanting to play around with an extraplanar deadly demon girl that head over heels for you and submit her to your will while still having her as a demon
There's nothing better than overpowering something that's normally far beyond your ability. Bonus points if she's willing to give up on evil deeds after a single night of dicking.

I always loved the trope of a succubi being a virgin who brags about all her fake "conquests" but panics if you actually try to dick her

Only in the anime world, OP.

So what's with the bits about endless torture in hell?

I don't see why not.

GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEA

Almost!

Eludecia the Succubus Paladin

she fell in love with an Angel

Said Angel thought she was hot and that redeeming her would impress his peers and boss

So she set off on the way of the Paladin

And now every day is a challenge to not fall back into her old ways

I don't see why not. Sure demons would admire one another's horns, smile with fangs, how they enslave souls, taste of decor. You know those sorts of things.

Why is it possible for angels to fall? They're literally made of good.

They can make you think they fell in love. 100% of the time it's a scheme or trap.

You know what? I've seen people talk about it, but I've never actually seen the kids.

Iggwilv and Graz'zt's kids are present in multiple adventures, one wants to fuck her daddy, one a vampire at the end of a quest, and also PC players as there is a feat for being one of her kids, Graz'zt was part of the Pale Nights litter in an attempt to create a king of the Abyss she could marry (And she literally fucked Nyralathotep to do it, notably funny as she's the D&D proxy for the Nameless Mist which birthed Nyralathotep, which means Nyralathotep by his Elder Evil Proxy alias fucked his mother to create children so his proxy Obrintyh mother could fuck and marry them, and THIS is why Graz'zt has the extra digits, because he is some kind of Special Inbred, despite being the physical embodiment of BBC and was general successful in his duels against Orcus before Demogogron showed up after the Queen of Chaos lost her part in being relevant.

As for Orcus, Check these sources out for his possible children, if not there, then probably the tennebrous stuff in 2e

The Monster Manual specifically says that some Angels can 'fall' and become able to make decisions of their own that determine their own personal alignment. Regardless, fallen angels are a very common fantasy trope. If that's possible, then I don't see why a demon could gain self awareness and sympathy.

couldn't*

Because once upon a time, a bunch of Angels got irradiated by pure CE, Making LE an energy type, which is why The Abyss has it's own type of hellfire, the 9 Hells has it's own, the abyss has the vile darkness table, and the 9-er is it taint? might be, but there's other stuff.

Also, angels are the sort of "blind good" they can't actually think outside the box so to speak, in D&D, (At least before 4e-5e) Good evil, law and chaos are literally tongue in cheek forces that manipulate everything on a sepiant metaphysical level, and it's why sometimes there are world breakign cliches, or moments of clarity that would make sense, if not for this thing that feels like it's shoehorned in, there isn't really a moral grey, because being TN means you go about preventing all the other alignments from getting one upperhand over the other.

Except for deities, which can make saves against alignment restrictions, which explains why Garl Glittergold got away with what he did, why Pelor gets grey knights and Paladins of tyranny can exist, Why any remote form of independant character that exists ends up a vestige, elder evil, sealed away in an inescapable prison, or worse.

Also, following the Ashradorn questline that leads him to becoming a Vestige, you may notice the entire plotline to that quest was actually subtext for Ahriman, Primordial creator next to his sister's securing of Aetheist souls to devour with the Ban on the Unborn, and you may note this with the Lillends that are imprisoned with that one deity, who share relation to the Coatual, and because the deities suddenly turning on him was Ahriman/Asmodeus pulling his strings.

What I mean to say is, True freewill does not exist in older D&D, there is quite literally a cosmic force that pushes or outright prevents it, and because of this, things of a nihlistic otherworldly nature end up CE creatures of malignant intent, because to the Alignment system, that's how it filters cosmic bullshit.

>despite being the physical embodiment of BBC and was generaly successful

I knew the British Broadcasting Corporation was evil!

daemonettes can.

>had to chop off the tip of their dick
I thought that was just the Jews that circumcised themselves?

Those are daemons, not demons.

You know what I meant. He even wear's Armour for it when fighting, he literally has cocksheath armour as he fights Devil May Cry style with him looking all anime as he does it. There was even a quest where you go to save a goddess from him who hasn't been seen for a year, and she's apparently fine and Graz'zt has no trouble with you taking her but his crazy daughter who wants his dick tries to kill you just to impress him so you have to go through her.

The BBC is evil though, I live here and they put on noting but trannies and grossly absorbant progressive shit all day long.

To be pendantic for a while, the Nameless Mist is what Yog-Sothto came from. Nyarlathop is one step removed from Azatoth himself (makes sense sinc'e he's probably literally Azatoth's soul or part of it), making him literally older than space and time.

You do know that out of the entire Lovecraftian patheon Nyarlathotep is the only one that LIES right? Like, just to conceive of that entire concept in that he states he's Azathoth's will, but, like the rest of his kind he's hyperintelligent, and learns faster than anything, entire concepts, ideas, possiblities, and all that above come to Outer gods and Great Old ones like breathing- right?

Now, take into the account that everything but this thing is brutally honest in what they are and what they do, and bad shit that goes down around them is just incidental of their greatness and larger than life status.

And this is the one, not just the one, but one of the first, that was smart enough to come up with the concept of LYING, and it's M.O is usually to travel everywhere at once assisting with it's siblings and spawns generation of cults, across alien cultures and worlds stars etc- everywhere, and doing it's work across fucking everything that is ever is and shall be.

And that all of this plays into blowing everything up.

And this is the only one of their kind that according to oh-so inferior beings that have been in contact with it, only to fall down a spiral of eldritch stairs of despair, because it *Might* enjoy it.

It, kind of paints a really nasty picture, like, remember when Hastur was not a dick, but now suddenly gets metasized by everyone saying his name like that Biggie smalls episode of South park because he didn't get along with his half-brother who is more important than him, being sort of dead but not really just sleeping?

You know that shit in Bionicle with the Makuta? What if that nasty little shapeshifting cunt was basically the OPPOSITE of that, and he's taking everyone on a wild ride?

I wish.

>ABAZUL!!!
>Yes, my lord?
>I'VE BEEN TOLD YOU'RE DATING A HUMAN GIRL!?
>Merely a ruse, o parangon of darkness; her trust will only make my inevitable betrayal taste sweeter.
>HMM, CLEVER THINKING ABAZUL. CARRY ON.
>Thank you, my lord.

fifty years and eleven grandchildren later.
>ABAZUL!!!!
>Soon, my lord, just wait a bit longer.
>YOU ALREADY SAID THAT LAST YEAR. AND THE YEAR BEFORE!
>I'm entering a tunnel, my lord, I can't hear you.

Sure why not

Apparently most of his children is incestuous in nature, with getting women of a dynasty he helped found pregnant.

My bard's 20 cha says yes, yes they can.
And they will.

But user
that's the BEST kind

Demons could I suppose, but their 'love' would be obsessive, dangerous, and unpredictable. I think it would be mostly out of a desire to 'have' someone instead of a desire to help them, which is more lust than love. I suspect that it would be quite unenjoyable to be on the receiving end, especially because they would be almost certainly abusive.
Devils, being champions of Law in addition to Evil and more often fallen angels with an evil bent, would be much more likely to have a respectful and truly loving relationship with a mortal, though they would probably break it off after some time or attempt to convince their lover to become a devil as well. Plus, devils might tend towards chastity for the reason that his enemies can't use a past lover against him, or specifically treat relationships as short term flings, not understanding how a human couldn't 'get over it'. I imagine devils treat most agreements as contracts, so they feel obligated to hold up long-term relationships but not short-term ones.
>You are now thinking of a human who became obsessed with a devil and tries to force the devil to love them despite the fact that their arrangement was deliberately short-term

Accidentally read that as defecating female demons.

Yes.
If she looks like then fuck yes.

Typical infernals in my campaigns can and often do, but the mortal (or whatever) must initially possess something that interests them. Power, freedom, virility/fertility, etc. They enter into a contract with whatever terms, and that particular creature later piques the demon's interest unexpectedly. In the situations I've made, the demons are always possessive and very hard to get rid of.

This poster has pretty good reasoning.

This user, too.

t.Pathfinder module writer

It never mentions torture in the traditional sense, apparently eternal separation from God is "torture". Burn in hell is just a metaphor made cause hell is apparently all hot, but if we don't have a mortal body we can't get burned...

I had an idea for a campaign where the party has to rescue a holy warrior priestess that was bound away in a pocket dimension with a demon that she's been locked in eternal struggle with for over a thousand years. Her church views her as a saint and a martyr, and they've asked the party to free her from her suffering and beat the demon once and for all.
When they finally break into the pocket dimension loaded for bear, it's not a battlefield, but a super peaceful lake with a cabin, which both the demon and priestess share. It turns out that they got exhausted of hundreds of years of constant battle, and formed an uneasy truce which after a few hundred more turned into a relationship.
As a result of being trapped in a few square miles with the only company being someone who's trying to turn you to their side, each of them have drifted in personality and become somewhat equalized, even passing each other. The demon is cheerful and serene, while the priestess is bitter and disillusioned, especially about her church taking this long to send someone to check up on her.
Then they both get out and all literal hell breaks loose.

For the sole purpose of making the world a place where her husbando can cum inside without worry?

I dunno, can demons fall in Veeky Forums with love, humans?

>demons can fall in love
>human ends up betraying the demons trust
>human permamently banishes the demon on the insidious whispers of an angel
>demons face when

The bible is surprisingly opaque on that. Most of the mentions are just in passing during other theological discussions, and a lot of them directly contradict other statements (sometimes in the same book.) A lot of people confuse what people have read into less-than-stellar translations for the actual texts themselves.

tl;dr Neither Milton nor Dante is actual scripture.

Watch and then you tell me

youtube.com/watch?v=0PazXYvWs4U

About 99% of the "common knowledge" about the bible is essentially fanfiction

Why do I feel compelled to have a side quest dealing with things like this now? The idea of some creature or outright a demon truly being changed but some paladin or angel convinces the party to kill/exorcise it on the grounds of "it has to be a lie, there is no way this creature can act differently."

Because its a sappy romantic role reversal with just a touch of grimdark and maybe a sad noire ending when the demon never gives up on the human and hopes he will sin enough to go to hell and be with her again.

Demons are the literal incarnation of evil itself and should be struck down with great prejudice. Any tingling sensations they may cause to your dick are a trick to stray you from the path of good. Do not fall for their tricks, you idiot.

The Earth got flooded because mankind was collectively going batshit insane, by the sound of it. The Nephilim seem largely incidental.

Fallen angels are an odd case, because there's every indication that they're not a monolithic force and have their own agendas. Some of them might even be benevolent, but none of them are "good," because all of them opposed God's rule.

Not sure where you're getting the bit about the devil not being a force of evil - if you're including any of the New Testament, it's pretty obvious he's a bad dude. He doesn't rule Hell - he gets imprisoned there - but he's absolutely vile.

Double-check the New Testament - Hell is described in a whole lot of awful ways, but active torture isn't one of them. It's always a suffering that occurs "naturally" - your worm never dies, you cry for water and no one brings it, lake of fire, weeping and gnashing of teeth (probably in self-loathing) and so forth. In other words, Hell is a state of incomparable misery, but no demons with pitchforks tormenting you. The general consensus is that it's because of separation from God entirely. If God is justice, then Hell has only injustice, if God is peace, then Hell has only conflict, if God is love, then Hell has only hate, and so forth.

Tl;dr - Hell isn't a torture chamber, just a place with literally no redeeming features at all

>Hell isn't a torture chamber, just a place with literally no redeeming features at all
So it's like Veeky Forums, except you cannot close your browser and you can never go to sleep.

This is disconcertingly accurate and is making me reconsider my life decisions

You'll change nothing though

You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

DELET THIS

>I'm dead and in Hell RIGHT NOW

That explains a lot.

Its shit

Is that worse than a run-in with the Great Old Ones?

You know those images that move because your brain is haing trouble understanding them?

Now imagine that but it's now causing you to hallucinate, you're hearing voices in your head, one is your own, the other you don't know, and ringing sounds similar to a concussion if you've ever had one, nausea, and you just generally feel ill, on top of being near imminent worse than doom.

At least with lovecraft, it's monumental fear and loss of chemical brain chemistry and control, and agonisign death, with no hell at the end, because that's it for you.

Unless you've become proxy to- er, a lot of cosmic parasites/impregnated with horrors that will kill you internally on birth/somethings inside you or some shit.

Honestly I'd probably fall in love with a cute demon, even if she wasn't interested in doing anything with me but eating my soul.

>Honestly I'd probably fall in love with a cute demon, even if she wasn't interested in doing anything with me but eating my soul.
Good news user, the quickest way to a succubutt's cold black heart is her stomach