Why can't space marines have girlfriends or boyfriends?

why can't space marines have girlfriends or boyfriends?

Why can't Veeky Forums get its shit together and put an end to these dark times controlling the board

Because boyfriends would be gay and girlfriends can't handle their gene seed

5/10 Got me to respond

An answer is that there is negative expected value associated with it. And when you consider how the concept of the imperium is to as minimally brutal and repressive as necessary so that humanity doesn't die, you must minimize unnecessary negative value.

They can't have boyfriends because degenerate behavior such as that would be noted and they wouldn't allowed them be space marines because of how mentallly ill faggots are.

As for girlfriends; its simple, it's forbidden nor is there any point in them having wives or girlfriends. It'll only cloud their judgment just as the Jedi

1) They have no desire for them.
2) They literally only have like 1 hour of free time a day. One of the books shows a daily schedule for space marines and almost 24/7 they are either praying or training.

>boyfriends
>implying their battle brothers aren't their boyfriends
How else are they meant to have strong bonds between each other?

All emotional fulfilment a Space Marine needs or wants is given by muh battle brothers and service to the Imperium.

Even if an 11/10 threw herself at a space marine's penis he'd still rather purge some orks.

The force of their ejaculation would tear apart any human partners. This is why space marines all participate in large gay orgies with each other. They are the only ones who can survive space marine sex.

Because they all have crippling autism.
Every single one of them.

>All emotional fulfilment
What about physical fulfillment? Can Astartes not enjoy sexual pleasure?

Because you keep feeding the troll and don't sage enough.

They're shackled by the corpse emperor. Join us and follow Slaanesh, we have Eldar waifus and literally perfect cookies

Why are you assuming they don't date each other?

>geneseed causes autism

>Restricted interests: Interests or fixations that are abnormal in theme or intensity of focus, such as preoccupation with a single television program, toy, or game.
Kind of describes a space marine's attitudes towards heresy and xenos doesn't it.

these pleasures are truths brethren!

>Implying tg doesn't want a lamenters husbando to take them on romantic date and be a perfect gentleman

Depends on the chapter. Some chemically geld their Marines, some are vaguely implied to still fug, although that one Space Woof might just have fucked 12 women in one night as a human.

The only ones who could pull off having real relationships are Salamanders and even then it'd often be a tough, long distance thing and could seriously impare them in combat. So for the sake of preventing potential partners and the people they protect from harm it's better to stay single.

oh boy, not that question again...

you forgot the parts, were both of you get heavy unfortunate

You don't need a gf when you live for killing and there's no shortage of shit to kill.

They could but choose not too? Besides how can a boy have a boyfriend, silly.

1/10 your ignorance hurts me because I've seen it before and you're asking in an infantile why.
Space marines were designed to be functionally asexual. The exact methods vary but to a man they cannot get it up for any reason.
For the romance part well see . Add to that the conditioning to make them fanatically loyal to chapter, primarch and emperor and there you go.

I have always chosen to believe that this is what they do in their free hour.

cos the game is for kids, and parents dont want little timmy reading about battle brother boyfucker

Same reason that angels in Judaic religions can't. It corrupts them. Get over it.

It's not a question of can they, it's a question of will they. Hypno Therapy is necessary to teach a Space Marine to take full advantage of some of their weirder implants, like the Susan Membrane, as well as how to consciously control others like the Mucranoid.

But the hypno therapy doesn't stop once they can handle their new shit. It keeps going, drilling into them their loyalties to Chapter and Emperor. Loyalty to the Chapter, of course, includes protecting it's gene seed. The therapy replaces the basic human instinct to produce offspring with pass on my gene seed, or make sure my brother's gene seed makes it back to the chapter. Speaking of brothers, that's why there are no BOYfriends, specificlay. A space marine chapter really IS one big family, and incest if super fucking heretical. But basicly, a scout marine/ freshly raised battle brother is going to be a Leandros, with a pre programed rigid as fuck worldview that only time and personal experience can make more flexible.

Also, these guys spend their entire lives, damn near every waking second of them, engaging in tactical drills, trianing exercises, weapons drills, the kind of shit that elite spec ops IRL do when they're prepping for a big mission. But space marines do it all the time to cover each and every conceivable scenario they might encounter in the 41st millennium. Dosen't really
leave a whole lot off time for a social life.

They have roughly 999 boyfriends OP

What if it did?
What if a spess mehreen recruit had autism and had geneseed on top of that?

Fuck off /k/, we don't want your semen filled cookies and brownies.

Technically the free time is I think for fully Codex-compliant chapters. Space Wolves obviously differ for the most obvious example, Salamanders clearly have time factored in to spend time among Nocturne families for another, Blood Angels probably have extra time for painting, artwork and similar...

They become a Primarch, user.

>the real reason Dorn, Perturabo and Lion were so autistic was because they were super autistic to begin with

>Why can't Veeky Forums get its shit together and put an end to these dark times controlling the board
Because rather than ignoring this thread, you chose to post in it.

I just bumped it from page 5. That's how little I care.

Because they're walking weapons and basically warrior monks. Their only love should be their battle-brothers and the Imperium.

Even Salamanders are more of Clanleaders instead of having lovers and stuff.

They do not leave their families behind, that's it.

What if the 11/10 was a black pariah that can make said ork's weapons blow up in their faces?

I vaguely remember some distant implications in a Space Wolves book that implied that Space Marines are so mentally altered through psychoconditioning and their geneseed implants that they still can enjoy sex with a woman - they just don't really see it as something that is necessary in their existence. After all, their entire existence is war. Why would you need sex when you can kill, slaughter, murder and die in the eternal wars?

How close are Ultramarines to the civilizans of Ultramar? I mean, they have the least weird recruiting methods out of all the other chapters so I would think families can count how many sons have been accepted into becoming Space Marines or at least becoming a chapter Serf.

No explicit reason why they can't.

But a shit load of reasons why they don't and won't.

Does Loken's relationship to the remembrancer count?

This. Sex just has no value for Astartes.

Well, I wouldn't go so far. It certainly has value to Space Marines.

It's just kind of like with heroin junkies. Give a heroin junkie the choice between sex and heroin, and the heroin junkie will choose heroin.

That doesn't mean the heroin junkie doesn't want sex. Just means that he prefers heroin over sex.

Maybe but you also have to look at the Chapter culture as well.

If they go by the Codex they are alloted some 10 minutes of personal time. Where in the Space marine's life do they have time to do just casual things? Typically they are busy training or doing something else related to their chapter, I don't think you're really going to see a Space Marine put on his good robes and go out on a night of the town.

A combination of Duty and their brainwashing/mental programming killing their sex drive and need for emotional companionship.

Because their hearts belong to the Emperor.

Largely because they are indoctrinated into fighting for the Emperor as their primary purpose. They might have fully functional sexual organs, as I wouldn't see why they wouldn't want that extra testosterone, but they are more programmed to have almost zero sex drive.

They still hold close relationships with their fellow marines, and even their families depending on chapter (like Salamanders.)