Chaotic evil = Demons
Lawful evil = Devils
Neutral evil = ?

Lawyers

Politicians

Daemons

This

Fighters of the Nyhtmons

>5e has gotten this bad that people are actually making threads this dumb.

Yugoloths.

Satans

That's Evil Evil, somehow they got evil on both axes.

Man.

>blaming 5e for shitty threads
God Tier logic and reasoning, user.

People

Undead

Yugoloths. Read your fockin source books mate

evil animals

Satan wasn't that bad in the Old Testament, he was more the sarcastic middle-management that was told to stress test the product and then got bitched at when the product broke down.

Satan never actually nuked a city for example.

So America is worse than Satan?

But not worse than God apparently. We weren't the first to nuke a city and we haven't figured out how to flood 3rd World Countries yet.

t. Amerifag.

The old testament is seriously fucked if you ever sat down to read it, with the mindset of it you get from the mass media. The entire book of job is god torturing one dude because satan told him it would be funny, and god had nothing better to do.

The proper names are baatezu for Lawful Evil and tanar'ri for Chaotic Evil, user.

Yugoloths are Neutral Evil, as was said.

That faggot Greg that won't pay back that ten dollars he owes ya

Not to mention that total bro Jacob who straight up wrestled a blessing from God.

(You)

Do Yugoloths just exist because they needed a Neutral Evil fiend?

Yes.

deendeefags

That scene gets infinitely better when you remember how horrifying angels are.

neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment

oo-AAA-aaa!

You can call them demons and devils now. You won't get your house burned down.

Satan isn't a single figure. Satan just meant "adversary" in the Bible, so was applied to any malicious spirit that was the problem at the time.

On a related note, Lucifer was never the name of the Devil, either. Lucifer was a mortal king and only mentioned once or twice (I can't remember now), and had no connection to the title of Satan. It was only until later ages that it was added as part of the surrounding myth and lore.

Yugoloth. In 3e they were called daemons, but Wizards of the Coast realized that was stupid, as it would be pronounced the same way as demons.

Huh? I always pronounced them "day-mans" rather than "dee-mens"

More and source?

Yeah, but some people eat glue & cant handle that, plus they really should have named them something more phonetically different to begin with

Spirits.

Nah, he wrestled God and won, then God cheated and crippled him with magic, before relenting and finally blessing him.

God is a cunt

In other news, avocados are green and apples are tasty.

Angels look like humans. You're thinking of other heavenly beings like Cherubim and Seraphim.

>God is a cunt

I'm always slightly baffled at things like this. Assuming God is real, how could one possibly have the capacity to determine whether what he did was right or wrong, given our utter lack of knowledge compared to literal omniscience?

Fine, I figured it was obvious, but if you REALLY need to me to include an explicit qualifier:

[From our human perspective] God is a cunt

Oh. I've had people say things like that with total sincerity, so I just sort of assumed. I should have remembered what happens when one assumes.

That's literally lawful evil.

They use the law. That's not the same as they respect the law or they believe in the law.

>REMOVE PRIMES

>THE PLANES BELONG TO THE PLANARS

Fuck. Image related.

Different user, but sure.

Satan wasn't a title, it was a verb. 'To satan' can be literally translated as 'to gently redirect from the right path.' The word first appears in Balaam's story in Numbers.

That being said, Satan the individual (as Christianity sees him) was based on an individual from Judaism. That person was Samael, the angel of death and God's accuser. When a soul dies and is judged in heaven, it is Samael that acts as prosecution, while the individual's guardian angel (or God himself; I don't remember exactly) takes the role of the defence. The most notable difference between Satan and Samael is that Samael is subservient to god, and did not rebel against him like how Satan did.