JumpChain CYOA Thread #1395: THIS ONE'S FOR YOU JUMPER! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Ostrich
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon
youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tron System Jump
Suggestions welcome
docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing

Rank your current jumper

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System

Somewhere between 3 and 1, I guess. Not sure how much over 300 quintillion years of training and technological and magical advancement can get you.

Casually 8-A, with set up time 5-C is possible. Maybe 5-B in very special circumstances.

Which jumps have item customization tables like the Nanoha and MCU2 jumps?

About to do a build for Shokugeki no Soma.

Is there anything I should watch out for? Or can I just tiptoe around the Plot? I just wanna learn how to cook real good y'know?

It's a cooking battle academy that's mostly all about competition in the beginning. Later it gets real fucky as some crazy dude takes over the current administration in order to make his ideal world where only the gourmet elite are allowed to cook or own restaurants. Long as you keep up with everybody and keep your head down, you can probably just get by with being ignored and learning from the best of the best.

Kind of. There's many events to essentially cull the herd of students, so you'll have to be a decent chef to keep up with the plot. If you do keep up, there's a thing in later chapters that might still be a problem, but if you're smart you can tiptoe around it no problem.

Well, given that I'm Usagi's equal, and the VS Wiki ranks her at Low 2-C, I suppose I'm at that level as well. I highly doubt either of us are actually that strong, though. VS wiki power levels are bullshit.

if you dont rock the boat everything should be fine.

however dont annoy the administration since they can expel you for things like "having the wrong shampoo"

...well, this will be an irritating time. Especially since I'll be importing my companions as well, but eh, what can you do?

Pretty much all of Red's jumps have item customization tables, that thing is her baby.

Mmmmm, tough to say given I'm an exceptionally fine tuned wall breaker that hasn't been really super pushed yet, but I suppose somewhere in the 7-B range? I think at the point I'm at I could bust through the defenses of someone on that level. If I was being super conservative and using only previous feats though, I'd still say Jumper is a solid 8-A.

My Jumper is probably around Tier 4-B after taking all the Dragon Ball jumps and being Sailor Saturn in the Sailor Moon revamp.

After my current jump 5-B

>VS wiki power levels are bullshit.
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Ostrich
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon

You guys clearly can't into powerlevels

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just staring in horror at the build I just made, which makes me wonder.

Jumpers, what's the least number of Perks you've taken in a Jump?

I just finished my Shokugeki no Soma build, and I've taken only three Perks.

Well, in some jumps they have 1000cp perks. So the lowest was probably 1 for me. May I ask what you took?

Current Chain's lowest low was 4 Perks. I think I've had Jumps in past chains where I've only taken one or two after focusing most of my points on companion empowerment and imports?

So Jumpers,

did you ever visit the black library of eldar fame? or any other legendary place in warhammer?

>Note 4: Logically, a lower-dimensional character should at best have as much ability to affect a higher-dimensional character as a drawing on a paper has to punch you in the face. However, mostly due to lack of story logic, mere 3-dimensional characters sometimes triumph over forces that are degrees of beyond countable infinity above them. It is usually due to Plot-Induced Stupidity.

These guys are really smug about bullshit that isn't remotely true. A two dimensional wizard casting a death curse on you is just as deadly as a three dimensional wizard doing the same. They care way to much about dimensionality when the really strong characters are all playing concept ball.

Two in Code Geass because a Geass is so expensive.

Visualization, Shokugeki Learner, and The Young Asura.

The problem is, the other perks either gave me a shortcut to knowledge (I wanna actually learn about it dammit!) or stuff I already knew how to do or was well practiced in.

The rest was spent on the Ingredient Stores, the Ultimate Spice Rack, and Companion Imports.

9-C, but with a 6-C (at most) weapon on hand.

Probably in the 4 or 3 range, possibly even the 2 range but operating typically in the 9 to 7 range to be less boring.

1-B currently, 619 jumps in.

The latest Val's jumps were one hell of a drug.

Wouldn't a 2D death curse only kill a planar intersection of you? I mean, that would probably still kill you if it hit the right spot, but the 2D wizard wouldn't have any control over what part of you his plane intersects.

I doubt it would even be able to kill the cells that it hits.

Hmm. Good point, it would only be able to kill those organelles it intersected with, too, and that would be relatively few. If it were a blast of force, it could cut you in half, but something as abstract as a death curse would be much harder to make work in higher dimensionality.

If it's something like avadra kadavra where it has to make physical contact? But if the mechanics of the spell are just "set the state of (person) to dead", why would it care about any quality of the person it's targeting?

Can you replicate the Master of Masters just using in-jump powers?

It would need to be a pretty powerful curse to do that. I doubt even the wankest version of Avada Kedavra is able to do that. It's like claiming that you can kill an entire forest by using a gun. From a 2-D perspective you wouldn't be able to target the human as a whole because you can only see a fragment of them.

Because the spell would only propagate along a two dimensional plane. How would it reach out and affect the parts of you outside that plane? The body isn't a discrete entity, it's an assemblage of smaller parts. You can't just "set person to dead", because death is not a distinct state on a cellular level. A spell that just outright killed you without causing any physical damage would need to inhibit processes throughout your body. It can't do that if the spell is confined to a single plane. I mean, it could do some serious damage if that plane happened to intersect important bits, having a thin line right down your body stop working could cause a lot of problems. But it couldn't just "set you to dead".

it wouldnt even harm you, because there is no way for a lower dimensional being to harm a higher dimensional being.

How did you become a "12-dimensional being"? The only thing that comes to mind right now would be the third magic.

I'm not sure about that. It depends on if the two-dimensional entities can interact with force carrier particles acting perpindicular to their universe. Like, if I can push my hand through the two-dimensional world and it phases through everything there like a ghost, then you're right. But if I can't, if I can exert force on those things, pushing them in or pulling them out of their plane, that means that the two-dimensional objects could in theory cut me. Slide between the atoms of my body, intercept the force between the bonds, cause atomic dislocations. I doubt it would end well for them, I'm not sure how to model getting crushed between two higher-dimensional objects but I imagine it would destroy them. But they could cause me some small degree of damage that way.

So what happens if you take Gastronomy and Young Asura both? Does your cooking just continually get better until you can flat-out change people with your food?

Yeah and there's no distinction between living and non-living on an atomic level either. If all magic worked purely on a scientific basis, you could never have a spell that allowed you to shapechange living beings but not non-living objects, because there's no difference between the two. But lots of magic systems have that kind of spell. Conceptual magic doesn't necessarily interact with real world physics. You cast the "turn someone into a frog" spell to turn a human into a frog. You cast the same spell to turn a dragon or an air elemental into a frog. But you can't use it to turn a human corpse into a frog corpse, because the spell isn't a formula for re-arranging atoms in a particular way, it's a spell for inflicting the concept of "is a frog" onto the concept of "this particular living thing."

The spell doesn't need to propagate to other dimensions, because it isn't traveling in the first place. It's forcing a statement to be true.

Can someone explain to me why they apparently classify the Emperor as an extradimensional being? Like, I'm pretty sure 40k takes place in a single universe.

Wanking interpretation of the Warp based on a quote of a codex where it says that in the Warp Tzeentch can create 9 dimensional constructs.

The idea behind gastronomy, or rather the medicinal cooking, being able to actually heal the sick and infirm is a rumor stated in the series. The actual cooking that we see can raise a persons energy levels a good deal, and made a normally timid man burst with energy, though, so who knows what the upper limits are.

They list Ed from Ed Edd and Eddy as a 3-A. I don't think they follow logic

Alright. Was just wondering if the evolving cooking would do something with that since the idea of curing cancer with a homecooked meal is entertaining to me. Or turning a bullied overweight nerd into a tall and mighty amazon with a meal regiment and an exercise program.

casually 5-C, 3-B with limiters off and all super modes activated

But a "frog" is an assemblage of atoms. All you're saying is that this particular spell is designed to only work with specific assemblages of atoms and ignore others. It's still based in the world of matter, even if its processing is dealing with abstract concepts. The particles have to move around still, the end result is something made of matter. It's imparting a conceptual blueprint over the thing and causing the particles to rearrange to match that blueprint, but they still rearrange. Unless you're saying that the spell turns things not into frogs but into the Platonic Ideal of Frog, made not out of matter but pure monadic concept. In which case...well, yeah, if that's what you're saying you've got me there. But if not, the spell is still working in the field of rearranging matter. A death spell designed to work in the realm of two dimensions would only be able to reconfigure two-dimensional things into two-dimensional "dead" configurations. Trying to extend it up into the third would have limited success at best.

Besides some artistic choices the series is essentially pretty mundane, so it wouldn't cure cancer by itself although it would be the best thing to feed a cancer patient to help their recovery. As to the spoiler, that's technically possible already, except the height part. Unless you feed them growth hormones or something.

Minor update I meant to do but kept forgetting.
Changelog:
0.2: Rival no longer has a loss condition built in, and may become a companion if you win the final showdown with them.

I'm going to be going back and updating some of my older jumps, mostly for typos. Heaven's Lost Property rework soonish.

Alright, one last autistic question then. Would it be a good foot in the door for stuff like that if I ever found a way to do supernatural cooking later in the chain?

watch One + One = Ed :Season 2 Episode 4.
he has the feats for it.

Pebble in shoe Ed vs Emperor of Mankind when?

Probably. It might depend on where the supernatural aspect is coming from (you or the ingredients), but it should help you along and make it more effective as long as you have enough knowledge of what your putting into it.

So after reading some discussion from last thread I was wondering. Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing can permanently make you into a dragon, right? Can the axe one make you into the Nemean Lion?

Turing you into a dragon is Juggernaut Drive, which constantly eats away at your lifespan. It is most definitely not sustainable. You might find a way, but the normal turn into dragon method is not something you want to be doing long term.

Alright, thanks again for the jump. It really made me giddy to build for it.

Oh really? The way people were talking made it seem like it could permanently rework your body into that of a Dragon's because you have a dragon in your soul.

No problem, glad you liked it

No such ability has been indicated as possible in the series. Then again, canon Regulus Nemea is a strange case, it's actually unsealed. Something weird happened after its last host died, now it can shift back and forth between lion and axe at will. It serves Sairaorg as his personal Sacred Gear because it wants to, not because it's bound to his soul. So maybe a Regulus Nemea that was part of your soul could turn you into the Nemean Lion.

No, Juggernaut Drive turns you into a dragon, but Ddraig can also just turn Issei into part (and presumably, though he's never tried it, whole) dragon forms just whenever. Divine Dividing's never been shown to do that, but Vali is much more circumspect about keeping Albion's power under his complete control, so he wouldn't want to do it, anyway.

emperor of mankind can't even unfuck one damn galaxy Pebble in shoe Ed all the way

>Well, given that I'm Usagi's equal

Does this mean I have to find a way to companion YOU too?

You're wrong on two counts, there. Firstly, Boosted Gear can just turn Issei's body into a dragon's, its how he was able to hold onto the holy water and crucifix he used to defeat Riser. A dragon's arm isn't susceptible to them like a devil's arm is. He hasn't really used the ability much since, I think he turned his arm into a dragon's again at one point in the later novels to fight some...I want to say Grim Reapers?

Secondly, Juggernaut Drive totally is sustainable, it's just very costly. You can fuel it with regular mana instead of life force, but it takes a huge amount. That's how Vali's able to keep up with Issei even after Issei got all his Evil Piece upgrades. He just got swole enough that he could use Juggernaut Drive safely. It's still draining enough that he has a time limit on use, but if you could get mana regen fast enough to cope with the drain...

The displayed transformation was just having the gauntlet always active unless drained of power, from the looks of it even if that was applied to his whole body he would be stuck in Scale Mail instead of turning into a proper dragon.

His flesh is that of a dragon, the appearance doesn't matter. I assume the user was interested in the underlying biological changes rather than the surface details.

Had an idea, but I need some help.

Is there a perk that allows me to seamlessly fuck around with the Canon of a Setting? Like say, replacing one Chiba Mamoru with a Jumper?

Also, while we are on the subject of food, which other Jumps other than Shokugeki offer stores/sources of food for a Jumper and his companions?

So why not just buy the dragon race option?

There's a perk in Kamen Rider Kabuto that makes you the protagonist of any setting you go to. Does that work?

The user last night said he liked the fluff of a human becoming a dragon and asked if it would make sense to wank it as that having happened if he took the Dragon race option since he had rear that happened to the MC. People responded that he could just take one of the Sacred Gears with a dragon in it and that would give him the option to become one.

Oh. Fair enough.

On that last bit, it's not so much that Vali got swole enough to use the Juggernaut Drive, because while he and Issei did, the truth's a little different.

They both changed HOW the Juggernaut Drive worked for them. Issei changed his based on the Evil Piece system, the Crimson Cardinal is his version of that, based on the Queen Piece, and it taps into his Stamina rather than his Life Force. While Vali has the Emperio Juggernaut Drive, that uses his Magic.

That would just make him Sailor Moon.

On the subject of DxD, can you use Boosted Gear to double you power a couple of times and then hold it there? Or will it continuously boost your power until you hit your limit so long as you're using it?

I assume you can stop boosting whenever you want, otherwise they would always just boost until they overload themselves.

>Heaven's Lost Property rework soonish.

Can't wait bro also vid related is basically my kenshin build youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE

You can hold it, it was only automatic in its earliest stages when Issei didn't have good control over it. Eventually Issei gets enough control, and the time between boosts reduced so much, that he'll start and stop boosting with individual actions. Like "okay, going to punch this guy now, trigger five boosts all in a row real fast".

Isn't that because Scale Mail removes the cool down between boosts/divides?

Yes. But when are you ever not going to use Scale Mail? It's awesome magic dragon armor.

Before you are strong enough to use Scale Mail?

Well, then the issue of starting and stopping Boosts at will isn't really that important, is it?

Lots of min/maxing and having taken every possible extended duration option in the chain.

>Grab all scientist and genius perks in the chain, or have a companion grab them when possible.
>Get all the magic systems, then get I Cheat (DC Occult) and Dark Wisdom (Overlord).
>Have all meta-magic perks, since you can remove things like casting time, spell requirements, strengthen your magic just by adding more mana and even mantling exponentially growing spells forever as long as you can pay the initial casting price.
>Anartist (SCP) can definitely help, specially if we take a look on SCP-1831.
>Get a First Generation Treeship (Tenchi), The House of Mystery (JLD) and the Tower of Fate (DC Occult), and study their properties.
>Get reverse engineering perks (Worm, Hive Queen Quest, Sekirei).
>Get perks to scientifically replicate natural and supernatural effects: We Can Copy Nature (Hive Queen Quest), Occult Practices (Soul Eater), Sufficiently Advanced (SCP).
>Get Amazo's Backup Memory and Starro's Tech Notes (Young Justice), Hydra-Blueprints (MCU).
>Get a Madness Wavelength (Soul Eater) related to breaking barriers: Freedom, Chaos or something like that. Get Border of Impossibility (Infernals) and Pioneer of the Stars EX (Fate/ Servant Supplement).
>Get the Flask Plan Experiment Data (Medaka Box), Gene-ius (X-Men movies) and Metaphysical Biology PhD (Evangelion).
>Get Dimension Lord (DC Occult).
>Get Hiveminded (Libriomancer), Omnidextrous (Overlord) and Memory Partition (Tsukihime)

The last ones are probably the most important of the whole for me. Basically, I had Portal and Link in my Warehouse along with the ForceWall, so I only sent hiveminded bodies outside the warehouse while I 'focused' on working on one of my hiveminded bodies and gathering materials. While I was adventuring, partying, killing and saving the day, I was also experimenting and studying hard in my warehouse. From time to time one or more of my companions would come to help me.

Oh, slightly related. I am no longer considering re-picking up Familiar of Zero or doing Re:Zero. So if anyone wants to make/redux those, that's in the air unless Reborn changed his mind on the former.

So that just leaves Final Fantasy and the remainder of Kamen Rider on my plate. Unless a claim I am looking forward to is dropped, my list is just about empty on things I want to make or claim.

How many Kamen Rider jumps are planned?

Kamen Jumper wanted to do Faiz (Heisei Part 3).
I'll be doing Hibiki as a self-contained jump. (Heisei Part 5)
Me and Digger Will be doing Den-O and Kiva (Heisei Part 7) and then the Expansion Pak of Neo-Heisei Part 3, which is going to be stuff from Ex-Aid that we missed the first time around.

Eh. Probably 7-A but I usually account for personality/morals when thinking about fights, so more like 9-A.

I have a quick DxD question for you, if you don't mind.

If you're a Dragon and take Reincarnated: Devil, do you lose any of your dragonness? And where would that said Dragon stand, magically speaking, if he also took A True Hero and Magician? Sorry if the questions seem obvious, but the wiki is ass.

Hey Heavens, do you have any plans to make Final Fantasy 2 after you finish Final Fantasy 1?

In order: Not really, judging from how it works for humans, and you'd be an amazingly scary magic combatant. Adding the innate power you get on top of willpower plus a mana boost and a significant efficiency boost? You're probably going to steamroll quite a few opponents in contests of raw power.
Not currently. Maybe I'd do 4 or 5 if no one picks those up? It's not a huge priority for me right now, though. Kinda want to cool down for a bit.

Goddamnit. I was actually looking forward to that one. Figures.

Just go and claim the rest of the Final Fantasies. There's no one else that seems keen on making them. A jump for 15 would be nice too.

Thank you. It looks like operation Dragon Wizard is a go.

But we already have a jump for 15.

No, we have a jump for the movie prequel to 15.

After this I hope you take a long deserved rest bro you deserve it for about a week or 2 until you decide you want to do more

We don't have either of those you assholes.

Sorry, user. I guess if no one else tries it, I could try again in the future, but there's no sense in holding onto the claim if I'm going to be slow about it. Light Novels have been really weird to make jumps of, for me. Was it Re:Zero or FoZ you were looking forward to?
I mean, I -could-? But I kind of want to focus on ones I've actually played, which mostly boils down to 1, 4, and 5, and don't really want to do 2 or 3. We have the rest available already and I stopped following it after 10 until I played 14.
Fight on, brave user!
I want to say you're wrong but I really can't. I do want to write more, but I feel the impulse to start my chain over once a jump I really wanted comes out, since retconning it changes a lot of the story. Main reason I make jumps is so I can jump it myself...but I also feel really weird and annoyed about jumping my own stuff? It's a vicious cycle.

There is something vary lewd about that maid, but I just can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Uh, no we don't. The drive has a folder for the Final Fantasy jumps and it isn't there.

Silly user, dragons are Sorcerers. Not nerdy wizards.

Someone must not have uploaded it. But yeah, Dirge dropped a Kingsglaive jump once. Might have been after he started posting on SB, which is why people refuse to allow it on our drive out of fear for being tainted.

I'm casually 3-A. I can go up to 2-B if I become serious though. I also have a lot of hax on top of raw creative and destructive power.

I've been pretty powergamey this chain and I'm at over 500 jumps.