What would be a good RPG to run a Fire Emblem-based game? I considered Song of Swords...

What would be a good RPG to run a Fire Emblem-based game? I considered Song of Swords, but not every schmuck is wearing any armor (like Dorcas) to stop a sword blow. Perhaps a HP-based RPG like DnD could work.

Someone came out with a fan-made Fire Emblem RPG called Tides of War, but I've never seen it played.
Part of me has considered developing a Fire Emblem Heroes-style game with a reduced number of stats and taking advantage of the XP system to buy attributes and skills with.

Fire emblem RPG. Check da archive, I've seen it somewhere there

Are these the same RPG? I'll check them both out.

Strike! was made for squad sized tactical combat, but isn't exactly the same flavor as Fire Emblem.

There are like six different Fire Emblem systems out there, with varying degrees of success.

Some of them go way too far to simulate the game mechanics and just introduce a shitton of tedium

Some of them base themselves on D&D and go full retard

I think this was the reasonable one but I can't remember.

There's a Fire Emblem PDF around-

Aaaaand speak of the devil, exact one I was going to point out.

Fun fact, way back in 2012, in /feg/ on Veeky Forums at the time, I started up a group for the sole purpose of running that exact PDF with people. It got called: /FEG/ P&P. While us ragtag misfits never really could figure out a way to have all eleven (thirteen of us at the time) of us be able to play, let alone get it working or make it more time friendly, we still have the group well and alive with eleven of the thirteen members still present.

Maybe you should have tried play by post, it seems like a vastly easier way to run than as a classical TRPG.

Maybe! But this was also a little over four years ago at the time. We tried Roll20 but that didn't help, we tried straight up editing and making a plugin for a standalone program to help, and it didn't really pan out as the person doing it had to go ship out.

Shit thread Kuro

Lovely thread Kuro I love you

I have no strong feelings about this thread one way or the other Kuro

I don't get the joke Kuro.

Kuro is the new Colette!

Who the fuck is Kuro ?

Kuro is love.

Kuro is life.

It's time to Kuro.

Go to bed Yonda

Go to bed Kuro

I am really confused. Is this some short of meme ? Are Yonda nd Kuro tripfags ? Plz explain further.

I'm confused Kuro

>Not knowing Kuro or Yonda

>>>/reddit/

Shut up, Cosmo.

Please stop bullying Kuro.

I pound Yonda's ass on the daily with my bbbbc
(big bountiful beautiful black cock)

That sounds more like something Yonda would about other people than something other people would say about Yonda.

>>>/ribbit/.com

Who's Kuro?

Kuro

Am I being trolled right now?

Not Yonda

Kuro is a secret club member, you need gold pass to know identity.

Only for a set of Kuro payments you can get the platinum version.

Please delete this thread.

In an effort to save this thread from further derailment, I am going ruin everyone's fun by revealing that Kuro, Yonda, and Cosmo are members of a private fa/tg/uy Discord, and that Kuro recently expressed interest in a Fire Emblem RPG on that Discord, strongly implying that this is his thread.

This person is my girlfriend.

It's past your bedtime, Yonda; get some rest.

It's alright, we had our fun

>Yonda
>Cosmo

I think I know you faggots. Weren't you in an animu Traveller game a while back?

Who are you?

Just someone that was around in that cringefest at the time.

I've personally considered Iron Heroes for it in the past, since it lets you get the feel of super-skilled martial dudes. Main issue is that mages don't carry so well in it in comparison, so it might be worth porting in the 3.5/PF Wizard/Sorceror/Kinetiscist for that.

Otherwise though, you've got Berserkers (armourless meat tanks) for Fighters like Dorcas or Charlotte, Weaponmaster's for, well, Swordmasters, Armigier's for Knights/Great Knights/Generals, etc, etc. I think it covers everything pretty well.

And note, I'm talking specifically about simulating the tone & style of the game, not the mechanics, because that's a terrible idea.