Why is D&D 5e losing the cuteness war to Pathfinder? Seriously, who'd want to play a game without cute girls...

Why is D&D 5e losing the cuteness war to Pathfinder? Seriously, who'd want to play a game without cute girls? When will 5efags man up and demand fluffy ear races?

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Using ice cream to shitpost
You should feel ashamed.

>Using a shitty show to shitpost
Seems fine to me.

>cuteness war
You seem to have fundamentally misunderstood what's going on here.

Pathfinder is a containment game for furfags and pedos that keeps them away from games for people with good taste.

Say what you will, but the mute chick has got it going on (at least in fanart).
Too bad 'cute girls' is used as an excuse for basically every flaw of the show, to the point where the fanart tends to be much better than the actual material.

they're only cute in the fanart though.
the actual in show art is awful.

Pathfinder is for paedophiles.

Every pedo I've met playing tabletops was a pedo I met playing Pathfinder. Believe it.

What show?

Where did op go? Did he abandon the thread when he didn't get the replies he wanted?

Or is he still around, giggling because he DID get the replies he wanted?

I run 5e games and have turned down many 3aboos

Girls are for boys, women are for men.

Dnd 5th ed is mainstream enough to actually have a budget for making a proper tabletop game. This makes it better than a whole lot of other tabletops

RWBY
Sort of a dark action fairy tails thing. Texan CGI group making an anime. MC is red riding hood with a sniper rifle/scythe.
First seasons were pretty terrible except for fight scenes and waifus.
At the tail end of season 3 the story went from "harry potter" straight to "Game of thrones" and in season 4 they switched to a new animation program so it actually started looking decent.

It's posts like these that make me think that chinese moot should just end it all.

Monty died before he could do good, full character art of everyone. Only the titular team have official artworks. Everyone else just has concept arts and sketches done by various people in the art team.

We avoid pedobait races for the same reason that we don't leave food sitting out: we don't want to attract the vermin.

I want to marry a woman!

Ruby is fucking garbage

>furfags

Pathfinder just likes cute anime girls who have animal ears. That's not furry.

My favorite hobby is informing special snowflake creators that heterochromia is a defect often associated with inbreeding.
So their waifu is probably literally retarded.

So why should I pick up a pathfinder book aside from having moe blobs as characters?

Telling them their wifu is retarded doesn't work for some people. Hell some people flat out know it.

How do you know so many pedos?

Not that user, but you would be fucking surprised. There are two in my party, and I'm often wondering why I haven't reported them to authorities yet.

Are they really pedos or just retards making jokes about anime lolis?

Little girls are for geniuses.

The animation itself might look better, but I still dropped it two episode into season 4 because the fight choreography went to utter shit. Without Monty doing the recoil based fighting shit, it just became DBZ floating for no reason, and velocity no longer matters in the slightest.

They ruined literally the only interesting thing about the show. Their unlikable characters, piss poor writing, and mediocre voice acting isn't enough to carry the show.

One is a literal, honest to god pedo, complete with being in those secret chatrooms they have. I'm not sure about the other one - it kinda sounds like he's just joking, but... You know how it happens.
It's an open secret, many people know it, not only in our group, but for some reason everyone is strangely okay with it. Maybe it's because they're harmless. Or seem harmless.

I'm a pedo. I make jokes about it with my friends. They know I wouldn't ever actually do anything though so it's never really been an issue. Also, I play 5th edition and Warhammer 40k.

>I make jokes about it with my friends. They know I wouldn't ever actually do anything though

Hey me too buddy, but I don't really play anything Veeky Forums, I only come here for the art and off topic threads.

Just watch ep6 and 7. It's the only redeemable fight scenes from the season.

Having been following at all, but that sounds depressing. Watched first season for the fight scenes, and they were spectacular. I honestly liked the somewhat simple art style, and the animation was honestly really good in the fight scenes.

Keeping it simple but impactful, makes it a lot better than most high budget anime.

It's tough, isn't it? I've always wondered how you people cope knowing that no one will ever help you, and even psych experts will report you because of mandatory reporting laws. You're stuck with the least sympathetic disease around. That's gotta sting, right?

well yeah, to be honest, it isn't illegal to be pedophil, as long as you don't do it with a child

I have a legitimate question, honestly this is not bait. I really need to know;

Why is it that when I look at 3.5, 4e, 5e, etc, I generally get the sens of "I'm reading threads written by people who like fantasy" - you know, armor, hand drawn art, things that might belong on the cover of some swords and magic novel, but when I look at the threads written by pathfinder fans, I see almost exclusively lolis, animu, furries, etc?

Why is pathfinder the game for weebs? Does it have anything to do with the game itself, or has the fanbase somehow just segregated that way? I play 3.5 so I'm in the dark about why pathfinder, a game that by all accounts is pretty similar, looks like it's populated entirely by twelve year olds?

Not him, but here's one way to determine the number of pedos in your group.

>Get your players birth names.
>Go on to the various sexual offenders watch lists sites.
>Ctrl + f.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium

Both /pfg/ games.

Kill yourself as quickly as possible.

Yeah, the fights in volume 4 were garbage.

Expect for when we get to see the adults play.

I don't want to revel in self pity too much, I can understand why people feel the way they do about this issue, something that makes me feel really bad is learning about some kid that got hurt by an asshole and how everytime that happens society just becomes a bit worse overall.

>all pedos have commited a sexual offense before and are on the list

Nice meme, just keep believing that.

Would you submit to an experimental procedure that purported to cure you if it involved a combination of advanced surgery and drug use?

Official products that are anime, I guess I can see how it attracted that crowd. Thanks user, I think I get it. I don't like it, but I get it

Any chance of getting superpowers accidentally?

And lose that rush of looking at cute little girls? nah.

Huge chance, but the superpowers run off of the blood of cute little girls.

> "I AM LOLIMAN, THE CRUSADER OF KAWAII, ALLY OF CUTE, AND SAVIOR OF POMF."

Man, even the fights when Monty was alive weren't anything spectacular. His previous works were far superior.

Because 5e is populated by guys who believe that they are the legitimate heirs to a gaming tradition and they must be as Gygax's table was. Pathfinder players embrace their system's ability to make cartoony, over-the-top characters and so they make cute girls among other things. Before you call me a pathfag, understand that I fundamentally dislike the game's mechanics and how conceptually disfunctional it is.

>Why is pathfinder the game for weebs? Does it have anything to do with the game itself, or has the fanbase somehow just segregated that way?

PF devs enable them and the SJW's, they want their game to be so open to all types that they have scared off the normies.

T H I S
H
I
S

I can't even imagine the amount of mental gymnastics needed to reach this conclusion. So because I don't want to make anime girls in D&D that must mean I'm a stuck up asshole who believes himself to be the heirs to a gaming tradition?

heir*

Technically speaking, they aren't.
It's /pfg/ that is providing all the art from nonofficial sources while official art from Paizo is the same it's always been.

Well, there is technically the fact that PF's official artwork tends to be a little more shiny animesque/vidgame inspired, whilst 5e's art does tend to be drabber and more realistic - and also, in some cases, more hideously fugly, as per the infamously awful 5e Halfling art.

Those aren't official, those are just /pfg/ ran games that won't ever get off the ground.

Git outta muh board Tumblr.

Every character except maybe Juane is fucking garbage circa season 4.

Literally the only thing the show has going for it at this point is cute anime grils.

Oobleck and Port are miracles of the universe damn it.

>First seasons were pretty terrible except for fight scenes
Can this meme stop? Not everything has to be edgy grimderp. The first 2 seasons were the setup and the first half of the story in season 3.
>in season 4 they switched to a new animation program so it actually started looking decent.
Seasons 2 and 3 looked fine, like, on par with animu game cutscene quality

>unlikable characters, piss poor writing, and mediocre voice acting

He's right, though. The entire franchise is amateur hour at best, only watchable if you find the sort of 'baby deer trying to stand' style of craftsmanship charming rather than merely bad.

Eh, I'm a fan of the world building

The main cast is better developed than most anime and is on par with most western TV. The villains are actually super interesting if you'd pay attention for once, the main fire chick is basically sexy r63 Solidus once you get into her motives.

The world is actually pretty interesting as it's a mix of Final Fantasy tropes and fairy tales.

I'm not sure why it gets so much hate when 90% of the flaws are shit that you find in nearly every other animu. Not even its own "fans" on /co/ like it.

Hey, we back on the general like it, we just think it's shit. They're not mutually exclusive.

>ironically hate-watching something and mocking everything about it is liking it
This is news to me. Keep on wearing those shit goggles.

>ironically

That's where you're wrong bud. I enjoy it because its campy laid back. Or at least it was before PLOT fucked everyone over.

You can still think something is only of passing quality and still enjoy it, and I recognize the situation behind its production and the issues it brings to the show.

On the topic of foodfights, I will admit that the rest of /co/ hating the foodfight scene is retarded. That scene was amazing.

Anything the /co/ general hates is generally amazing.

That Pathfinder fag was lying /5eg/ rarely discusses Gygax except when someone brings him up in a shitpost, and then more shit posting correcting facts and either agreeing or disagreeing with Gygax's ideas ensues.

>Other things are bad too therefore it is good
Wonderful logic you got there.

As a 5e player, I'm honest curious as to how you've come to this conclusion.

What exactly does pathfinder have that 5e doesn't?

Nothing but bloat.

>bad
wew. my point is that I see more autistic screeching about minor nitpicks in RWBY when nobody bats an eye when they're in other anime

On the good(ish) side: races that 5e hasn't touched upon, a lot more monsters

On the bad(ish) side: a hell of a lot of classes and class archetypes that often feel pretty redundant - see Crusader class, Bloodrager, Skald, Magus, Investigator, Slayer, Pugilist...

see:
that's literally what you said.

3.pf is so bloated there's literally a published class for PF called the Bloatmage

Seriously? that's hilarious!

It's essentially a Blood Magic PrC who decided that if you can tap magical energy in blood, then pumping more blood into yourself would make you more powerful, and proceeds to swell up like an engorged tick.

I did not need to know that, but thank you anyway.

why not just make your own anime races

Hey I play a reverse trap tomboy monk in 5e. We even have a trap half elf paladin

Probably because nobody is delusional enough to think those anime are good, or that those anime have redeeming qualities.

Except RWBY is good

RWBY was awful up until the back half of Season 3, which shocked me with very competent writing. Haven't seen Vol 4 yet, so I can't comment on that.

Whens the japanese translation of 5e dropping? they usually change the art to be more moƩ

What's the best system for a RWBY game?
Posting best boy

So everyone that likes something you don't is a Pedo now?

Pathfinder, didn't you read the thread?

In my experience not even actual furfags like pathfinder. It's usually 5e or 13th Age.
Or in my case OSR games.

There's a connection of being geek and liking little girls. Probably something to do with autism. Google "star trek pedophiles" for a funny story.

>Pathfinder just likes cute anime girls who have animal ears. That's not furry.
The irony being what you posted isn't even a Pathfinder Kitsune, nor do ANY of the animal races in Pathinder even vaguely resemble "____ with animal ears" except for maybe Mary Sue Tieflings/Aasimar.

THIS is a Pathfinder Kitsune. Sometimes they change into a full human shape, but otherwise they're entirely furry and by canon lore they usually can't even retain their human-like shape for extended periods. But I guess weebs gotta weeb, and I'm happy they're mostly contained to Pathfinder at this point.

Surprisingly, though, the Bloatmage was actually one of the earlier prestige classes Pathfinder published. That was back when the world seemed to actually have its own flavor rather than just shoving in kitchen sink tropes.

>games for people with good taste.
I agreed with you up till this point cause that sure as hell doesn't covered dnd

So, pathfinder is basically FATAL lite?

>wearing goddamn heels to battle
She deserved it
They all do

Considering all the rape and monster birth, pretty much, yeah.

Considering there's a succubus that's made of shit in the monster manual, I'd say that's a pretty apt description

Look, friend, there's nothing wrong with liking RWBY.

It's just not okay to think it's good.