media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previously, on /5eg/:
Does your party have a name, /5eg/? Assuming, that is, that you actually play DnD, as opposed to shitposting here.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12550821
youtube.com/watch?v=xn6hhrX34Pw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post homerules that buff the shit out of your favorite op classes/archetypes in order to piss off austic hekanon

Should I include !Japan in my game?

Stop trying to defy me.

Unarmored Immortal with bestial claw is the best. Thanks Standard Array!

Because it's unrealistic for armor to hamper gestures to the point of fucking with simple spellcasting, wearing armor that you are not proficient with now no longer affects spellcasting

Warrior of sunlight.
EK can use their dash as arcane charge.

No D20's.

Yes.

>Does your party have a name, /5eg/?
One party has been labeled the King's Chosen after the late king put his trust in them. The other has no name outside of being called Chucklefucks by me every session.

strawpoll.me/12550821

Remember, this is a multiple option poll.

The options in those poll were gathered from the most highly voted options from other polls.

>Not making your spellcasters do the worm and belly dance to heal light wounds

GTFO NORMIE

Is an encounter with multiple treants more dangerous than its XP value would suggest? Considering that each is essentially 3 monsters.

>Needs Str to hit, Dex for defense, Con for defense and Int because he's a mystic and all his powers are Int based
Are you crazy?

Is playing a drow reskinned as a dhampyr allowable? I seem to remember them mentioning that you should feel free to reflavor things as long as the mechanics stay the same.

>Does your party have a name, /5eg/

We're the DUSK HUNTERS!

>Is playing a drow reskinned as a dhampyr allowable?

Fighters Action surge gives bonus actions back as well.

i can barely move my fingers in leather gloves dude

Kind of a meta rule, but anytime my character drops to a third of his health I backhand the motherfucker who's responsible.

Keeps party backstabbing to a minimum and makes sure the DM targets the other guys.

They have very little in common
That said, if your DM says ok you can play a drow reskinned as a rust monster for all I care

Every martial gets sneak attack

Check out the Plane Shift things for vampire PCs, that'd probably help.

>Every martial gets sneak attack
Nah senpai, check this: rogues can sneak attack with any weapon they are proficient with.

Right now we're the Huggermuggers, after a board game one of the guys' parents had in the house we were gaming at.
It's the only one that's stuck, particularly for two reasons:
1) There's not much funnier than villainous mooks shitting themselves in fear knowing that "the Huggermuggers are in town"
2) It can be used as a silly, tenuous euphemism for rape

Every martial gets fighter extra attacks, fighters get extra action surges

The treants already have that ability figured into their XP etc -- supposedly.

>SoA
>Sort of Adventurers

Wizards, like all classes, get their class and archetype features earlier.
They don't get accelerated spellcasting progression. Spellcasting improves every other level, there's not much waiting for power there. You can go quite a while without anything emblematic to your class or archetype, though.

>Do what the class and path tell me to do
>Crazy

What makes college of lore so good?

How do we make the indomitable feature more interesting?

>They have very little in common
Darkvision and sunlight sensitivity, refluff the elf meditation as a vampiric trance, perception proficiency, fey ancestry fits perfectly as undead ancestry too, and the weapon proficiencies are a bonus. The only thing that doesn't fit perfectly is the magic, but since I'm playing a warlock too, I can just right it off as additional sorcery.

It fits pretty well.

Ability to steal spells, mainly.
> Steal ranger's swift quiver
> Become Wilhelm Tell

Just replace Indomitable with another saving throw proficiency or two. Or replace it with advantage on saving throws the Fighter is proficient in.

>b-but that's op fighters stronk
Paladin's Aura of Protection.

Some kind of bonus against the source of the save? I kind of like the idea of a counter or sudden retaliation against a creature or object as it's open.

Saw this pic and had a thought. Can Awaken work on inorganic materials?
If I play a Rock Gnome Bard, could I make a little 9-style clockwork toy, then cast Awaken on it to have my own little 9-bot?

...or an army of them?

Was he related to Simon Says?

Eh that should probably just be a standard thing for all classes, if anything, fighters don't need or deserve the tendency to be exalted above all other martials

I don't know, user, why don't you read the spell text and tell me?

...do you seriously not know who William Tell is, or were you just making a stupid pun?

>Burgerland education

Not him, but you wrote WILHELM Tell

okay, so hear me out.
what about a little bonsai tree artfully shaped into the form of a person?

What about a character who makes bonsai trees as a hobby, and when he thinks they're done he awakens them?

Ah.
I'm but not still didn't notice it though.

Is it just me or does the Mystic not have much to gain from feats? All the obvious feats to buff someone like GWM aren't really useful on them in the slightest.

Is that a bad thing? It could be designed, to force players out of the meta into trying other feats.

Neither does the Monk and yet people still play them.

This isn't 3.pf, feats are completely optional

I'm just thinking that because they gain nothing much from feats maybe that helps to balance out the fact they're so powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=xn6hhrX34Pw

has anyone ever played as a shadow monk? how did it work out? multiclass into assassin rogue, yay or nay?

>Neither does the Monk
And that's why he's behind in damage than literally every other martial
>and yet people still play them
People also played it in 3.PF

Is MAD as hell, as MAD as monk, they can't spare feats on effects, they need all those +2

I played 3
They all died in the first or second session, so now that I think about it, only one was an actual shadow monk at the time he died

You can homerule it but the spell grants sentience, not life. Trying to awaken a carved bonsai tree would be equivalent to trying to awaken a piece of wood laying on the forest floor: it's already dead.

shadow monk is the most *teleports behind u* class out there

I honestly don't think the multiclass is worth it. It's 3 levels of Ki and monk abilities gone for a Critical hit, some bonus action stuff and some skills.

Now that I think about it though a Goblin Monk could be pretty cool.

Well, Nomadic step now allows you to do that without having to rely on shadows

But bonsai aren't dead, they're carefully trimmed as they grow so that they are grown into specific forms. The tree is still alive.

Radically different classes without much overlap.

Sorry, meant for

Playing through Curse of Strahd with irl friends, and we cleared out the winery today. Was a lot of fun.

I adopted the vicious female druid from the second floor. I'm a big fuckin dragonborn paladin, and I'm her new dad.

Irrelevant both options can be teleports behind you

Are you sure want an artificially shaped bonsai tree given the ability to speak?

I can only imagine it moaning about why you shaped it into some kind of horrific and warped wooden parody of the human form and to please kill it and put it out of its twisted misery.

This sounds like the greatest pet tree ever.

Have you met a woman called Muriel Vinshaw yet? No spoilers - she has a very, very minor and unimportant part in the adventure, but for some reason in every story I've heard, DMs made her a major character.
So did I.

We are the "Spears of the Emperor" even though we all agree that that's just the shitty name the Emperor gave us. we just can't be assed to think of a better one

Name doesn't sound familiar, but then again we blazed through Vallaki pretty quickly with the intent to come back later. And we were turned away from Krezk, obviously.

I have a Shadow Monk in STK but it's a multiclass Fighter who wears armor and swords-n-boards. Basically I spam Silence, stuns, and *teleports above u*. It's good fun.

Be extremly careful, 7 of you are going to betray the other 4

>Group of 7 + DM that gets together every saturday
>DM asks everyone to put their cell phones in a bin in the center of the table
>I refuse because I'm not in preschool
>game goes on, two of the five people that complied check their phones from the pile during game
>DM says nothing when they do
>1am rolls around, we all tidy up and start getting ready to leave
>DM gives everyone who left their phone in the bin the entire night two inspiration die to use at their discretion
>I barely touched my phone the entire night and get nothing

Is this allowed?

What are the differences between ranger and ranger revised?

that's a fair point. Maybe an evil druid.
Maybe he leaves them wandering wretchedly outside his home as a warning for intruders.

Why is the only Mystic archetype so low?

Are the other players retarded?

Does anyone ever just play a sub-optimal character just for fun?

I'd say so. His rules mean that he can do whatever he wants. If you don't want to play by his rules then don't play his game.

Also just put your fucking phone in the thing and don't touch it. Is it that hard not to look at a phone for one night?

...allowed by who?

One sucks, the other doesn't

is this bait? can you not read user or are you having trouble spotting the differences? They're pretty well documented.

because fuck the mystic

also it came out last week you goose

He's most likely asking for the core changes and how they effect the class. I can't be assed to type them out personally.

Try not to take everything literally.

chances are if he brought a rule like this in it's cause you fucks are paying more attention to your phones than the game and wasting his time. it's already hard to manage a group of 7 as one person.

Speaking of OP, how do I stat the Other/White Walker in 5e?

>implying anyone here has played a Mystic except me

>Implying we didn't start a new game 3 hours ago and we're currently having a break for drinks

Soul Knife's fun and not unbalancing anything at level 2 at least.

>tfw starting a new game and GM won't allow mystics because people online are saying its broken

one of them plays a barbarian that might be clinically retarded but he's got at least his grade 12 in real life. rest are fairly smart. why?
this is the only game that isn't full of sjw/gender issues at my college. It's not hard, I just don't think other people should be rewarded because they're boring and no one wants to talk to them.
by wizard or whoever the fuck is the authority on this game
I'm texting when it's not my turn and nothing important is going on. I shouldn't be penalized because I don't want to listen to our necromancer trying to convince the village clergy he wants to help people in his own way, or how the barbarian is hesitant to rage because he accidentally some family member during one before he met us. has nothing to do with the campaign.

>Is this allowed?
Rule 0, so yes.
If you're pissy about not getting inspiration or whatever just put your phone in the bin. If you're not gonna be using it, not like it matters.

This is actually not allowed. I would get in contact with WotC and tell them what your DM is doing so he gets his DM license revoked

>DM knows I can break literally anything
>ask to play Mystic (version 2, the 10 level one)
>gosh I dunno it looks really overpowered
>finally convince him
>wind up being the most useless character in the party

Oh, you're one of THOSE players.

Yeah, everyone at that table is annoyed by you.

>I'm texting when it's not my turn and nothing important is going on.
How do you know nothing important is going on if you're looking at your phone.
>I shouldn't be penalized because I don't want to listen to our necromancer trying to convince the village clergy he wants to help people in his own way, or how the barbarian is hesitant to rage because he accidentally some family member during one before he met us. has nothing to do with the campaign.
>It's not hard, I just don't think other people should be rewarded because they're boring and no one wants to talk to them.
Sounds like you just don't want to engage with the other players, in which case why don't you just play Skyrim or some shit.

Has anyone played an Artificer yet? I'm thinking of playing an alchemist but I'm worried that all I will be doing is alchemist fire/acid all day every day

>I shouldn't be penalized because I don't want to listen to our necromancer trying to convince the village clergy he wants to help people in his own way, or how the barbarian is hesitant to rage because he accidentally some family member during one before he met us. has nothing to do with the campaign.

it does though. as a DM I kinda get where he's coming from.

>Gundren's Rowdy Boys

You're asking if Wizards of the Coast has an official, ironclad rules on the conditions when cellphones can be used at the d&d table?

Just do it. Tell us results.

That's a fuckin slap on the wrist, man. I sell fake DM licenses for $20 a pop

>Sunlight sensitivity
>On DAYWALKERS
wat

lol

Multiclass is fine, as long as you don't go beyond level 5 or 6.

Generally, any class with extra attack can be multiclassed fine with rogue.