More or less gets a bunch of Fallen arrested and jailed in the Imperial Palace...

>more or less gets a bunch of Fallen arrested and jailed in the Imperial Palace, where all the inquisitors on the planet will discover the hidden secret behind the Dark Angels

Why do the Eldar want the Imperials to find out about the Dark Angels' hidden secret and go after them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Johnson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Plot twist: The Inquisition ain't even mad about the Fallen becauae LITERALLY EVERY LEGION HAD TRAITORS. What they do get pissed about is the Dangles being team killing fucktards to hide it, keeping pet Xenos on their space fortress, and that said space fortress is literally just a chunk of a daemonically corrupted planet.

Oh and they got prison full of heretics in their fortress too

>LITERALLY EVERY LEGION HAD TRAITORS
That's what happened. That's not what the history books say though, nor is it what many Inquisitors are trained to believe. Plenty of Inquisitor's understanding of the Heresy is immensely colored by retellings hundreds of years after the fact. It's no different from the actual Inquisition, which used plenty of unsanctioned religious documents written by whoever they wanted as evidence against those who opposed them. Truth is irrelevant.

Dark Angels going full (non-chaotic) traitor when?
Can't wait for an awakened Lion to show that Wannabe Emperor Guilliman his place.

1st Legion = Best Legion

I thought the whole deal was that, unlike the Scars or others who had traitor elements, the actual bulk of the 1st Legion was either traitor or misinformed, which made the loyalists the actual minority.

I don't know this, it's what I heard.

They are the only legion to have their entire homeworld be overtaken with heresy, which would cause many to question the loyalty of the rest. In addition, the 1st legion is known to be excessively proud (like their Primarch) and they have already killed quite a few allies to keep their secret.

I don't get why the Fallen are a secret. Every legion had traitors.

the irony is that keeping their secret is making things worst for them

>In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium honesty is the best policy

The reason no one cares about the White Scars is because no one cares about the White Scars even though they survived the Horus Heresy decently unscathed and fought in the siege of Terra. Fucking White Scars need more love.

because the entire Legion is an Oscar Wilde gay joke, and they needed a better 'secret' so that the dev's didn't get called out on it.

>No special units or strategy besides going fast
>No one likes painting white.
>Dull lore despite their heroics on Terra.

Not really a mystery why they are a stepchild chapter.

I still think they'd be much more popular if GW made them Samurai instead of Mongols.

>I still think they'd be much more popular if GW made them Samurai

Holy shit fund this

And no that shitty Victoria Lamb chapter doesn't count

I like this idea. A chapter based loosely on Bushido would be welcome. As I've gotten older, my taste for hate-fueled, retribution dealing angels of death has waned--not completely disappeared, but it's certainly diminished.

You don't even need to go completely weeb with it. Some marines as warrior-poets would be pretty fucking cool, desu senpai.

>Chapter tactics heavily rooted in ranged cavalry formations
>+1WS+1BS to everything on a bike

uh

I don't necesarily see how those things are super relevant. Khan himself was always written as way more collected and refined than his brothers, from what little I've read. Aren't the White Scars still angry roid-lords like all the other space marines, though?

They're just nomadic bikers doing their own thing. They like doing their own thing so much that their homeworld had to send an emergency distress call asking for anyone to come back and help save it from a destructive invasion.

>Something something fucking white people mixing up asian cultures.

I think the plot twist will be that the warp rift that destroyed Caliban whisked away the loyalists, and it was Luther's followers who formed all the second founding chapters - which is why they're so scared of their secret. They go around hunting the "Fallen" because they might reveal that they're the real good guys.

Which Ultramarines turned traitor?

Your super special traitor smurfs. Thats the only reason why the clause "and there were traitors in every Legion btw" exist.

I'm not sure we've seen any - but there was a little line in one of the FW black books saying that every legion had marines on both sides. Word Bearers is the one that's hardest to believe.

The black books are written as in-universe artifacts. Clearly the narrator made a mistake. No son of Ultramar would betray his legion.

Being gay is extra heretical though

>oscar wild
You be retarded, m8

White Scars are already culturally Pan-Asian. The Mongol elements are just the most prominent.

>Leandros

not canon

Why did Cypher want to see the Emprah?

Go fuck yourself, Leandros. You stupid fucking faggot. Captain Titus did nothing wrong. 1v1 me you little bitch nigga codex thumper.

>Titus did nothing wrong

The fallen are the space marines who didn't go traitor, that's the twist.

>keeping pet Xenos on their space fortress
If anything they are probably abhumans or mutants.

No the Watchers are very much xenos, and possibly a race that predates the Eldar.

>roll for bluff

To slay his mortal body and free his soul to be reborn as the Star Child and become stronger than ever.

>Some marines as warrior-poets
WSs already are.

It's pretty fucked up when a chapter called Sons of Guilliman goes full traitor.

Why washe arrested then? that seems a rather nice thing to do

I'm going to be honest there. As a Dark Angel player, what the fuck are they even doing anymore? They more they dick around with Cypher, which is a result of them not actually having a real plan and making it up as they go along, the more I fucking worry they're going to just up and do something stupid to the Chapter.

>They're actually CHAOS!
>The Fallen are the real loyalists!
>The Inquisition finds out and attacks them!
>The previously anti-Chaos little aliens are now CHAOS!
>The Lion comes back and is actually the TIGER!

Just fucking end me now.

>>The Fallen are the real loyalists!
Relax user.
Meanwhile looks like originally Caliban was populated by googles.

>Delights in slaughtering loyalists
>Seeks to slay the greatest beast in the lion's name
>His blades represents his enduring loyalty
>Seeks mighty Imperial champions to slay
How these people form a group together?

By the emperor how loyal

> unscathed
user read path of heaven.
They got the shit beat out of them even BEFORE they got to Terra.
No shame.against them, as they were the only loyalist legion actively fighting 8 other Traitor lwgions, while Dorn FORTIFIED HIS POSITION and Ultramarines, DA, AND BA played Imperium 2, electric boogaloo for a way to pad out the series by 20 books reasons.

All I can say for sure is the Watchers are not Chaos, since their very presence repulsed the Changeling.

If anything I'd say the bigger Heresy of the Dangles is the fact that they consort with Xenos.

>Caliban was populated by googles
wtf pls be shopped

>I'd say the bigger Heresy of the Dangles is the fact that they consort with Xenos.
They are on same boat with Ultramarines then.

Also the fact they are a bunch of teamkilling fucktards because of this.

Please, everyone knows Guilliman is just using the Ynnari with his Great Strategic Genius. He probably predicted Ynnead's birth thousands of years ago, hid the Croneswords and prepared events for his rebirth and has some sort of bomb planted on every Craftworld he can trigger the moment he's finished using them.

Nah, nu-Guilliman=Ynnead.

Ok, I didn't sleep much so I'm maybe reading stuff wrong, but is just me or do that people seem to be a mix of loyal and traitors?

>Thinking a Warp God could possibly match the power of a Primarch
Nice try heretic.

REEEEE THE FALLEN ARE ALL FUCKING TRAITORS AND NEED TO BE KILLED EVERY FUCKING SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Yes, but that's not my point, my point is why would an band be formed by loyal and traitors? why aren't they stabbing each other?

At this point I've completely given up on GW's codex fluff as everything's made as stupid as possible.
Basically don't take anything literally, just make up your own stuff, anything not memetically grimdark is probably better than whatever the "designer studio" comes up with.

>No special units or strategy besides going fast
Going fast is the best strategy.
t. Evil Sunz Player.

>GW made them Samurai instead of Mongols.
Nah, we already have Mantis Warriors/ Emperor's Shadows/ Probably a dozen OC Donuts.

Sanguinor? Dante?

Because there is no guarantee Emperor will come back.

Maybe they are working on something equally important to both loyalists and traitors.
Restoration of Caliban perhaps?

As a fellow DA fan my sides would be in orbit if it weren't for the arse clenching fear that GW will pull something as retarded as this.

Probably has to do with reawekening the lion.

And then we suddenly find out that Dangles have in fact all this time been at legion strength and all the divisions were just done to divert attention that they are an army of 1000000.

>Girlyman wants to secede from the High Lords' leadership because he knows they are corrupt and inefficient
>Reborn Lion sides with the HL simply because Cypher sided with G-boy
>marines VS marines ensues
>GW wins

As bad as The Unremembered Empire was, one aspect of it that I did think had some merit was that The Lion was perfectly prepared to throw down with the Smurfs if he thought that Guillman had any intentions that were less than completely innocent. I wouldn't mind seeing that relationship coming back and seeing if the Imperium would schism around the two Primarchs in a cold war of sorts.

>Lion's Imperium VS G-man Imperium
>arms race ensue
>the two empires scramble even more for new planets to support the race, making Macharius' crusade look like a slow advance
>everyone else get rekt

If Guilliman is pissed of by the Imperium's state, the Lion will go full Hitler on the High Lords.

Emperor is totally coming back.

They brought back Guilliman to sell Loyalist monstrous creatures, once he sells like hot cakes, then all sorts of old primarch and above tier characters will come back along with shitloads of new ones created or "discovered" from some STC or secret Emperor vault, or sanctioned by Roubute's order.

Like how Cawl is a total beatstick who popped out of the blue. I can't wait for more "Saints" and stuff like Perpetuals or Thunder Warriors to come out of the woodwork so GW can sell more OP superhumans for the other factions like the Inquisition or the Imperial Guard etc.

The watchers are cool dudes, and some Xenos are okay. Like the watchers.

>some Xenos are okay

>its another "I've never read dark angels fluff but I think they are closet heretics" episode

Which is why the Imperium kills any and all Eldar Harlequin they see on sight right?

The watchers are anti-chaos, they saved The Lion, and they're cute little robed figures. Anti-Chaos, Helpful, and Cute are the three features necessary to make a good Xenos.

>It's another "I've never read the fluff and don't understand shit about the imperium" episode

I fucking wish they did. Fallen were fun at a point.

Then they became all the Dark Angels are about. Then Dark Angels started regularly team killing for them. Then almost all other Legions got their own traitors making them no longer unique.

It went from Dark Angels having a secret nemesis that appears from time to time and who's reveal would doom them to them being retards that constantly dig their own hole and constantly running into some guys no one would care about anymore. And it's not even their fault they got stupider and stupider but because the writers couldn't fucking come up with something smart for them.

>trusting beings called The Watchers

What the fuck are you doing?

Their love will crush you like a mace

>Why do the Eldar want the Imperials to find out about the Dark Angels' hidden secret and go after them?

Probably because the 'hurpa flura durpa durp I hope no one figures out we have TEH FALLEN!!!1!' shit is getting in the way of them being an effective fighting force. Just get it out in the open and be done with it.

>Girlyman wants to secede from the High Lords' leadership because he knows they are corrupt and inefficient
he literally kicks out all the high lords he doesn't like and replaces them, assumem the role he played post battle of terra in the book user

>i get my fluff knowledge solely trough memes

No space wolf traitors

Other anons have suggested some interesting paths they could take the DA without absolutely ruining them, but I'd personally love to see their unique relationship with their successor chapters come into play. It's hinted that they have very, very close ties and interwoven command structures to the point where they're more of a legion than a proper collection of related chapters.

bamp

Not a full chapter. One squad.

>Team killing
>Race mixing
>Fortress is in Middle East (daemonically corrupted)

Jesus Christ. The Dark Angels are the JEWS!

Unremembered Empire tied together a lot of plot threads that had been on other tracks, and the VI Legion contingent stole the scenes they were in.

Plus Curze got to go apeshit and play Space Murder Batman all across town, and that was always fun to see.

Can't find the citation, but in one of the Forge World books, Bligh wrote of a company-sized element of Space Wolves wearing "the mark of the Serpent's Eye" that massacred a loyal planet, presumably on the Warmaster's orders. So there was either a small breakaway faction or some Alpha Legion false-flag fuckery.

Except Luther is kept Prisoner by the Dark Angels and constantly tortured you retard.

Why is it that in every DA thread involves people who mostly know fuck-all about the First?

We know for a fact that's not true from a decade's worth of books and codices. For fuck's sake, actually read the novels on the subject before making a comment on a subject you are clearly, grossly ignorant of.

I always thought the only reason the White Scars became a thing is because they were the pet army of the editor of the UK White Dwarf around the time 3e released, and they basically got written in to the lore because of that.

Unless there's 1/2e lore about the White Scars of course, in which case my whole theory is moot.

>subjugated a dozen imperial worlds
>knows only hate
>seeks mighty imperial champions to slay
>revels in his corruption
>renews his oaths to Luther ever new dawn
>delights in slaughtering loyalists
>eviscerated many great imperial heroes

>"THEY'RE TOTALLY LOYALISTS YOU GUYS!"

>I don't get why the fallen are a secret.

Literally how a fucking lightbulb works is a secret in 40k, known only to the elite cadre of the Adeptus Mechanicum - and even then only like a some top radical faction actually understands why it works. The rest think it's because the omnissiah's will is manifest through the spirit of the holy mists entrapped within the flourescentine magnificence of his blessing.

The fucking Horus Heresy happend in 40k times 10,000 years prior to the setting. That's five times longer than the shit in the bible comparatively to us. So even the people who only really know vaguely, except for the Chaos dudes who were around 10,000 years ago - but whatever they say is heresy. Which is sort of a grand joke in 40k, because Chaos can be telling you the honest objective truth and it's completely heretical and you'd never believe it.

>Oscar Wilde
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Johnson

Or, you know, they decided it would be a cool reference for the chapter with a dark secret and catholic trappings to be named after a poem written by a catholic about struggling with a dark secret. And their chapter master, who struggled with temptations of chaos but ultimately stayed true to his father is named after the author of the poem who struggled with temptations of sin but ultimately stayed true to his religion. Which is why despite the Lion's desires to be Warmaster, he responded to the Demon offering him great power with 'Loyalty is it's own reward."

No. It's just an elaborate gay joke.

This would be GRRRREAT.

all we know is hes called the stig.jpg

The Rock is a gay bar in Nottingham.

I never said they where subtle or even good at it, but it's obvious as shit.

I think you missed the point.

I am reasonably certain that the point he was trying to make is that those qualities well represent samurai tactics.

>Meanwhile looks like originally Caliban was populated by googles.
I don't get it.

/pol/ lingo. Belongs in it's containment board.