How accurate is this?

How accurate is this?

I'd move 40k up a notch, personally. The video games have given it significant exposure outside the tabletop audience.

40k is normie territory. LotR too, after the movies. Discworld is nerdling, BSG is AT MOST nerdling, and probably normie. Cyberpunk is nerdling because it's entirely possible to have got into multiple works across multiple media without being a nerd.

>other anime

This covers stuff like mecha, cyberpunk and seinen action series too though, which are a lot more accessible to mainsteam culture than the usual anime full of otaku bait.

>fapping to tiles
Gets me every time. I wonder where tileanon is these days.

I detest "nerd culture" as much as I do "gamer culture" and all that crap.

Some of the stuff I like is pretty mainstream these days (and honestly always was, like Star Wars) and other stuff isn't as much. As far as Veeky Forums related stuff goes 40K is the most mainstream, popular and well known thing other than D&D. But I'm not going to let that stop me from liking it. I'm about as into this shit as one can get while retaining a small level of normalcy to keep me from being a complete neckbeard.

I hate that I'm even supposed to be worried about whether or not I'm going to be called a casual for enjoying Elder Scrolls lore just because somenormies have played a couple of hours of Skyrim, or have seen The Avengers once or twice. "Nerd culture" is absolutely cancer.

only in bongistan

Liking internet irony culture is nerdling, not supernerd.
Lovecraft is nerdling, it is everybodies favorite crossover material and has lots of pop culture exposure.
Why is Dota not right beside League of Legends?

so are these things supposed to be where you have the most points, or how your deepest point is?

I got the most points in nerdling, but liking power metal makes me a supernerd i guess.

Back in my day level 2 was maximum nerd.

A government needs to kidnap him and study his brain.
I can understand most things, but 100% tile, no organic that you could possibly make any logical or illogical leap from into finding it sexually attractive and still finding it attractive is fucking weird.
It would be like if someone got off from unrefined/uncut/unaltered crystal.
Literally can't understand it even in a "I would fuck that airplane" context.

Swap LARPing (Being active and social while being nerdy is not 'Supernerd' level.) with Dwarf Fortress (It's a text-based turn-based strategy/minecraft/dungeon simulator which isn't even out of Beta - anyone actually playing it for fun is hardcore nerdy).

>tfw enjoyed train simulator
>tfw listened to Alternative history hub for a short bit because I thought it was actually fun to listen
>tfw enjoy cyberpunk, diesel punk, and atom punk thanks to Fallout and Deus Ex
>tfw love Hearts of Iron
>tfw Wh40k
>tfw read HP Lovecraft as a child, and almost mistook Yu-Gi-Oh for Mi-Go
>tfw enjoy DF and it's Firefly equivalent Rimworld

Also
>Internet irony culture
>not in super normie/autistic 13 year old that likes Ifunny category
>implying -punk isn't the normiet of the normie in the 21st century
>implying WW2 wargames haven't gone absolute normie
>implying Furries shouldn't be higher in the list or put in another list completely
>implying Cartoon Network shouldn't be in the "Are you fucking kidding me" section (modern day)

Alms it everything in Nerd but Toho should be bumped up

>Power Metal
>Supernerd
pick one

You know, there's a huge difference between "liking LOTR movies" and "having read every book + silmarillion," or "played skyrim" versus "hundreds of hours into Daggerfall and Morrowind and can discuss ALMSIVI philosophy in depth"

Charts like this are pretty stupid and elitist, saying "my stupid hobby is more obscure/cooler than yours"

Bottom one isn't even real, just a troll that got a lot of people.

IMO, the "irony culture" thing is a mixed bag between 13-year old kids who are just learning about the internet and find it unironically funny, and those who have stared into the abyss for far too long. Take a look on [s4s], those folks are behind more layers of irony than most mortals can fathom, and find our reactions to their apparently childish behaviour as all part of their insane and twisted schemes. It honestly scares me a bit.

These days all layers on any site boil down to "lol I troll you because I got any reaction at all".

Why is WHFB down at level 5? Also I'd put dnd a level lower

Cyber punk is mainstream as fuck, almost every new science fiction movie coming out these days pays a homage of some sort to blade runner.

>basic nerd
>love power metal
fuck

>Creating your own scientifically accurate furry species
shit
I just did research on cloaca and sperm storing species. All to justify female Kobolds having more colorful scales.
Go on without me. Save yourselves. It's already too late for me!

40K needs to go way higher, and stick a "Lovecraft" up one level above actual Lovecraft for the dude cthulu lmao crowd.

>mfw alternate historical wargaming
I want my Yamato vs Montana fight, dammit.

>normies play 40k
normies play 2 things: sports and drinking games

>Sonichu

Looks like I'm on the same level as the tile guy.

Nah. Level one stuff too but mostly this.

40k is not level 1
It's probably gotten to level 3 level of obscurity, but the general populus still gives you funny looks when you say "Ave Imperitor" at a Trump rally. Where as everyone knows the Vulcan salute.

Star wars should be moved to level 1
Shonen should be moved to level 3
My little pony make me think that this should be a 2 dimensional grid plotted against "Level of autism"

Lovecraft is total normiecore.

>unrefined/uncut/unaltered crystal.
Well hold up now. What kind of crystal are we talking about here?

Like sure, getting off to diamond or corundum, that's just weird. But I can sort of get the appeal of, say, gypsum. And I think anyone here could appreciate a good beryl.

I prefer them uncut.

Explain Train Simulator to me. What is the appeal?

You get to play with choo-choos. What's not to get?

Is it a comfy simulator?

Choo choo!

Alternate history is the bomb.

>yugioh more normie than mtg
Don't fucking lie to yourself. There are fucking professional football players who play MTG. You know how many football players played Yugioh past elementary and middle school?

Fucking zero.

>There are fucking professional football players who play MTG.
Are there more besides Kluwe? Who--last I heard--wasn't in the league anymore?

i dont know lmfao I don't play gay tcgs

Yeah seriously, that shit isn't nerd, I was into that before I found plastic crack.

"Catan" needs to be at the depths of the bottom.

>Actually worshipping the Warhammer Chaos Gods in real life
You may be taking the piss, but I do know a guy who does that.

>but the general populus still gives you funny looks when you say "Ave Imperitor" at a Trump rally

I imagine they would even if they knew. You're not going to find many at a Trump rally actually wanting anything resembling an imperial government.

This.

Depends which Catan.

what have you got against LEXX?

Well it's either Catan or "Catan".

If it's at the bottom of the briny deeps it's "Catan".

Would move dota up to the same level as league of legends. Dota was created for people who were too casual for Warcraft 3.

Does worshipping the Outer Gods qualifie myself as a Supreme Nerd Overlord?

As comfy as it gets.

Where does the Dresden Files fall into? Both the novels and the game.

>LotR
>Nerdling
Lmao, as always these charts are fucking shit.
>train simulators on deepest level
Was whoever made this even trying?

>alternate history
>supernerd
I'll fucking deck you one

No, you're just a faggot

>Why is Dota not right beside League of Legends?
Because apparently Dota dates back to Wacraft 3 days and LoL is played by much much more people wit ha gameplay that is casual with no skill required while Dota apparently has some skill needed.

>no space station 13

>/mlp/ at nerdling and not lvl 1
>LotR not normie
>Wacraft not normie
>treating Nintendo games as one
>2hu is casual normie Tier

Why would /mlp/ be level one?

The only people that like it are either literal little girls or fat fedora nerds. It's pretty nerdy, not normie tier.

But most of your opinions are retarded anyway, not just that one, so maybe you should just shut up.

>opinions
>dressed as facts

People really are dumbing down.

I feel like original Star Wars and Star Trek deserve to be a bit lower. Warhammer Fantasy should release just be any tabletop game that isn't 40k or X-wing.

If someone asks me what DotA is I'll usually say 'Do you know LoL?' 9/10 it's a yes

Maybe in 2012, but MLP and "brownies" aren't really that relevant anymore. Back when it became a thing in 2010, it exploded, especially here, considering it started on /co/. The show's been running for almost 7 fucking years now, the shock value is long gone. Nobody has really cared that much for MLP at all anymore. The fandom is dying, and the ride ended for a lot of people myself included. Nobody fucking cares anymore, it's went from Furry-levels of huge to basically dead. It's not even the same show really anymore. It's gone out of fashion. I don't even know if they have cons anymore. It's basically disapeered. We aren't getting newscaster reporting or bronies shitting up cons anymore, my local annual con stopped having MLP shit a few years ago.

It's dead, it's fucking a very low tier at this point

I prefer the charts that make me feel like a Normie and not someone who's lost all sense of control over their life

The size of the community isn't about nerdiness or mainstream popularity, in fact its the opposite.That's why the chart, and most of these charts, are inherently flawed. The deeper something something is, the more obscure and beneath the tip of the iceburg. That's the point of the image.

Did you know that Kids Next Door still has a small, dedicated fanbase? Nobody in that club can be a child anymore, they're all adults now. But yet they hang on. How is that less nerdy then skyrim? The answer is that it IS far more nerdy, and therefore would be lower on the tract.

MLP or 'brony' fandom would only be getting lowered in the iceburg due to its smaller community of more and more autistic social outcasts, not less. You obviously don't understand what the graphs and positions are supposed to mean. It's not a fucking ranking system where you put your favorite shit at the deepest level and shit you don't like in the normie zone, faggot.

Ahh. I see what happened. When you said 'level 1' I assumed you meant the very top of the iceburg, not one level lower into nerdom below normie.