JumpChain CYOA Thread #1396: Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OO5y2O_hv3I
docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does output/power scale directly to the amount of mana you have in Fate? With the Dragon Core are you automatically 30 times more powerful than Rin?

For the Astlan jumpmaker if they are still here could we choose to have our demon form look different to the base red muscled guy with horns if we buy the perk that makes us an Arch Demon?

I don't care about the Death Knights, but are you keeping that Dreaming In Green perk you posted ages ago? The one that gives each jump an Emerald Dream?

Not usually, no. The amount of power invested into a spell, on the other hand... That is to say, more powerful spells require more prana and spells that use more prana are generally more powerful. There's no passive metamagic-type base spell-enhancer, if that's what you're asking.

If you're talking about Magic Circuits and Mana, yes, as far as I'm aware the more you have the more you can use at once. Kinda like with most magic systems really.

Rin's a really good magus in terms of skill on top of being one in terms of amount of magical energy. You'll be stronger but it's not a flat 'x30' better because she has skill to help her use that power better. You'll have thirty times more to use but that doesn't mean you'll use it as well as she does her 1/30th.

Er, as points out, this is on a spell by spell basis. More mana just means you have more to use, not that everything is innately more powerful.

>get this confused with the Green Dreams from ASoIaF
>oops

Ah, so that is to say you're more powerful in that you can cast more powerful spells, but you can't just shove extra mana into a weaker spell to make it stronger?

Also, I think I remember you saying the effects of Average One/Blue Blood Circuits (twice/thrice as much magical energy, spells are twice as strong, magic is twice as easy to control) apply to all your magic and mana, not just that from Fate?

So I've finally found enough time to start work on the Stellaris Jump again. This time I've finished all the capstones which I would like to see some feedback on, as well as starting on the starting tech section.

Pretty sure there's also quality (of your magic circuits) and skill components.
You might have 30 times the raw power of Rin, but she's also got the magic crest (I don't think that's taken into account in the magic circuit calculations?), and she might have strategies that can leverage her power, like gems prepared in advance, that sort of thing.

Well here we go it's WIP but take a look feedback welcome

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the mana from a fucking dragon heart would be pretty damn high quality.

No, that's what we mean. You can cast more powerful stuff by putting more mana in, you don't cast more powerful stuff just because you have more mana, regardless of whether you spend it or not.

Mhm.

The crest's circuits are taken into account yes. Her gems are generally the equalizer since they contain years of power from her.

Well, you think you can, but that's because you're using more energy to make a spell stronger. Pretty sure Rin's Gandr shot is more dangerous specifically because she juices it up with more prana? But it's an active expenditure. Your spells won't just be more powerful unless you specifically put in the energy necessary to do so, at which point you may as well just use a better, more specialized spell.

Jumpers, what kind of foods do you introduce to the different worlds you visit?

For the sake of fun, I'm planning on invoking the classic "scary monster gets befriended by kid that gives them food" trope in one of the more normal jumps soon, as the scary monster. Are there any perks that would help with getting that ball rolling?

Awesome, thanks Val.

Magically genetically modified meat.

>pic
I remember that thread.

I recently introduced the Naruto world to various Italian pasta dishes.

>that pic
Disgusting.

What's in those syringes?

Abhorsen_user? still there?

What is that thing that looks both disgusting and delicious?

Pizza
Ice Cream
So many different kinds of Baked Goods.
Candy.
Potatos and various Potato-based products.

ID Crafter is so messily written. You really need to make it clearer and easier to understand.

Freedom doesn't feel fitting at all in it's effect to mention fate and destiny. I think you should redo this to revent you being mind controlled or something.

What is Biodigital Jazz even meant to be?

Digital Archive should not update in future jumps, or if it must, be limited only to public information. 250cp to get all digital info in futuristic jumps is utterly insane.

In general this jump is messy as fuck. It really needs you to go over and redosome of the descriptions, I didn't both pointing out most since most of the jump needs an edit like this.

94. CATastrophe
Race: Usami, Age: 20, Origin: Merchant
Perks: Spliced, Trustworthy, Rabbit's Foot, The Appraiser, Number Crunch, Hot Buns, Social Creature
Shinies: Snorkel Mask, Biggest Boat, Biggest Seafood Banquet
Drawbacks: Cat's Got Your Tongue

It's not all that hard to sell stuff without speaking. You just need to emote facially and work with signs. Somebody tries to underpay for something, you dismiss them. Someone tries to overpay for something, you roll your eyes. The key is to always look like you have something better to do, and begrudgingly accept money, rather than be grateful for it. Basically, be a moody bitch and have stuff that people want. A little flirting never hurt either, and that switches things from "Moody Bitch" to "Playing Hard To Get".

I have enough adventure perks that finding stuff to sell isn't too hard. I've probably plundered half the hemisphere's worth of undiscovered earless bases by the end of the jump, and the amount of information I have to shove into my warehouse for later perusal is staggering. I know I know the words on these files, but I don't know the words on these files. It's frustrating. I also have tons of robot parts and even some hacked models on the ship for sale. Fuel cells for the stranded, tracking devices, a staggering amount of genetic data, and some things I think might be bombs, but may also be prototype cloud seeds. The boat itself is more a shop than anything else, with the whole top deck covered in stalls.

The Biggest Seafood Banquet is probably going to be used to feed the poor in other jumps, because it's an insane amount of food once every 24 hours. Beach parties are nice and all, but feeding people is damn useful too. Especially people I have traditionally used as eyes and ears. Getting people gossiping or building a good reputation, food is useful. Also, I fucking love shellfish.

If nothing else it provided a very entertaining pic.

I think it's coffee ice cream with caramel injections and glazed deep fried cones.

Caramel.

I want my perks based on genociding impure alien scum

Okay to humor the question, yes. It's going to be a Druid perk, unsure whether to make it the capstone or the 400 CPer.

Still trying to replace Death Knight capstone.

>caramel
Fucking madness.

Looks cool. Is there going to be a drawback for an extended stay? It seems like the kind of thing you'd want to be around for a while.

Gelato and deep fried bar foods and other yummily unhealthy dishes

I could be BORING and responsible and introduce healthy dishes but nah

although I do introduce slime plort food too, which can be healthy :3

Does Wish Granting essentially double the cost of a spell or is it even more than that?

Wow, I completely missed the opportunity for that. Now I feel bad.
Yup, up to 500 years, though I'm debating making it a thousand.

Jumpers, I'm curious about something. Something harmless, for a change.

Tell me about your wand.

It's several times more then the base cost.

user we just talked about this nearly all last thread.

No 0cp Civ import famm?

Well other than some weirdness it seems to be shaping up well.
I think the language on the science capstone is a little heavy handed though.
Maybe change it around to say you're always able to advance technology instead of gushing over how limitless it is. Functionally it would be the same so this is really just an opinion, but I feel its way too direct as is.

Question though. Does taking leader as a drop in give an actual background? Because its kind of weird to be in charge with the leading based perk tree while being a total outsider.

Also is there any chance of you unrestricting trait purchases over 3?

Prolly depends on what you're trying to do/how big you're trying to do.

We just had a thread where everyone said this.

And this gives you power over me?

Are there any pics on what the first ISs looked like? I looked on the wiki, and all I can find is mook-suits. But since they were initially designed to be operated in sea and space... Well, I can imagine they were a bit more modest.

Now I'm imagining Bane's lines, but in that weird nasaly Voldemort Voice.

General boost to necromantic prowess that makes us on par with the Lich King.

Done.

I would have hoped for Voldemort's lines in Bane's voice. Damnation. Seriously, Voldemort's voice kept me from taking him remotely seriously as a villain.

Rowan and phoenix. Carried it openly while using wandless magic for everything instead. Also used a lot of outside-context magic.

>professor explains magic can't create nutritious food
>Create Food And Water

>each of voldemort's horcruxes
>Trap The Soul

>dementors attack while freeing innocents from azkaban
>Undeath To Death

>voldemort and his immortality fetish
>Miracle ("be forever a little boy squib")
>Greater Bestow Curse ("attempting evil acts will rob your strength")
>Plane Shift ("the world without shrimp and magicals")

Snerk.

The original prototype looked more or less like a diving suit. Though they had already gotten all Mecha Musume by the first production model.

Biodigital Jazz is how Kevin Flynn describes the ISO's and I am still working on the capstones
For Freedom as a program it is your fate to continue doing your task until you become obsolete

I used the super secret version of the jump with the component import option and had mine made with sapient pear wood.
It moves around like a snake, and can bite people to give them splinters.

Sapient pear wood splinters that may or may not move inside your body trying to reach your heart and kill you. The trial was inconclusive.

With Disgaea as my first Jump, as a Prinny/Gunner, what are my odds of triumphing over Priere if I do the DLC during the last year of the Jump, with only the experience and training over those nine years?

Wait, why change it?

>Disgaea as my first Jump, as a Prinny
>anything that isn't exploding

Dood. 100%, you just need to work your inevitable explosion(s) into your victory method.

Then have Freedom be something about defying your programming, not defying fate. Make it so that you can't be controlled with stuff like your coding or biological means of control like drugs and shit. "immune to fat eand destiny" just makes no sense off of one line as compared to other ways to handle that perk.

And don't use the in character descriptions of stuff, it's really out of place when you haven't done that anywhere else and it's so messily done.

youtube.com/watch?v=OO5y2O_hv3I

Zero percent or less. You are trying to fight a super bonus boss as a joke character. All she has to do is toss you and you explode. Doesn't matter how much you grind.

It's coming.
For the science, yeah I guess I could tone it down a bit,

On the question of leader, the Drop In text already has fluff for it so that's why it's free.

On the traits, I'm not too sure about that, there will be a future Genetic modification option so you could add it.

Wands suck. You should always use a staff, they're way more versatile.

Random thought: to stick with jumpchain's CP unit, you could call them Cycle Points.

>Carried it openly while using wandless magic for everything instead

>Choose some combination for a wand that is terrible for magic.
>Use overpowered and OCP magic with Wand
>People make duplicate copies of the wand
>trying to tap into the power of the wand
>Their spells explode.

That description isn't staying its just there for now as it is really the only time they are described still trying to figure out what to do for that capstone

Look just in last thread.

>Not using the bo staff of the Monkey King as both staff and wand.

Formatting and presentation wise, type out Drop In, Charter Mage, Free Magic, and Ancelstierran. This is something you could have just pasted in. Using a unnecessary abbreviation key is just laziness.

Also, from previous jumps comments, organizing the perks by origin instead of cost is more liked and lets people get a better handle on a background. Like have a Drop In perks, then the Charter Mage perks etc. instead of the 100's, then 200's and so forth.

The X only stuff needs to be available for all, and discounted to that bloodline. One, in case someone wanted that ability without being in the associated bloodline for some reason, Two, because Perks are benefactor offerings, and can belong to someone on whom they make no sense. Three, some the the perks are plausible by someone outside the bloodline. I am sure some Necromancers are just as talented with the bells as an abhorsen.

>No. Clarify this to be any ability you have, not anything from any past jump.
Disagree. Also note it costs CP, based on the cost of the CP ability you are making into a bloodline. A CP perk that only effects stuff you got from a jump itself is perfectly fine.
I would make a note it is based on the cost you paid, so something you got in the jump for free can be included in your bloodline for free, like your origins 100 CP perk or Magical potential in some jumps.

>Think of Life (800, discount DI)
>Sayrian Energy (800, discount CM)
>Return to Chaos (800, discount FMS)
>Science and Nothing More (800, discount A)

These are your 600 CP perks, just 800 CP. All that does is make your 1,000 CP count for less. Please keep to the regular standard.

>When Worlds Collide
Don't limit to just your pocket dimensions, & personal realities. There are many settings with more than one world/dimension like Marvel, DC, Hero BBC where you should be able to use this perk to make boarders between places. Like making Detroit share a border with Hell, & see if anyone notices.

Whatcha smokin', Hitler?

>It's coming.

Can't wait user

Is that from Rogue One?

Acacia and Phoenix Feather.

Super tricky, loves subtle spells, sometimes it does its own thing, slow to give loyalty but once it does, it will help me move the world. Which made it all the more sadder when I left it with Hermione a day before I left.

Eh, true. But I still prefer spells that can be cast by hand.

Yes. The whole scene is awesome.

>Disagree.
Wait,what? You want the perk to be able to give you anything that exists in any past jump regardless of whether you have it or not?

>You want the perk to be able to give you anything that exists in any past jump regardless of whether you have it or not?

goes to reread perk
>Pick any one ability from a previous jump
Huh. I guess you could read it that way. I was assuming it meant an ability you already possess, making it from just something you possess that could be a personal talent or outside context ability granted by benefactor fiat into something that can be inherited.

Yeah, I'm still here. In order:

Typing out drop-in, charter mage, etc. seems fine. I'll do that.

The X-only bloodline stuff started with the Clayr's sight being exclusive, and extrapolated from there. It does sound like that's not necessary, though, so I'll swap them to discounted instead.

Jumper's Lineage seems to be somewhat contentious, in that another person said it should have a flat cost instead of scaling previously. I'll have to gather a wider opinion on it, I think.

800 -> 600 should be fine. I'll make that adjustment.

When Worlds Collide, in its initial incarnation, was...incendiary. Your proposed change still doesn't come close to what it was originally, but I'm hesitant to make changes on it. You're not the only person to mention it, though, so maybe I'll include it in the version I post tomorrow, and ask for feedback.

Oh, that was your objection to that perk! For some reason, I thought you took offense to explicitly mentioning the existence of prior jumps. Now I see that I phrased it badly before.

Hence why I said 'clarify' not change, because it was something I could see people using that way, intentionally or not.

Ok cleaned it up a bit. Still missing some perks
Be aware Still pretty WIP

docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing

Can you buy more than three species traits?

So, after watching....20+ hours of streams and trying my friend's copy, I've become obsessed with this game

To cope with this desire to play a game I probably won't own till 2020 at most reasonable ballpark, I'm gonna go ahead and toss my hat in for this.

to assuage your fears, 4/11 syndrome powerlists are complete, for Double Cross. After doing 1/1/1/1/2/2/2/2/4/4/4/4/6/6/6/6/10 for 11 syndromes I think whatever jumps I do from now on will feel like a breeze. A breath, perhaps.

Is that you Bancho? Or someone else using a voice to text thing?

Does non-shit anime even exist?

Why does Fusion missiles need blue lasers?

I've really enjoyed Demi-chan wa Kataritai lately.

Go ask /a/, Veeky Forums isn't the place for stirring that shit up.

I'd say it's 1/10 that are actually good, but the good ones really kill it. Fullmetal Alchemist was really great as an example.
Moe garbage belongs in the trash however.

Neat! Breath of the Wild is really good, I would eagerly welcome a jump of it. Also, cool to hear that work on Double Cross is coming along nicely. Rock on, best bun.

As much as in any other medium.

>Ok cleaned it up a bit. Still missing some perks
>Be aware Still pretty WIP
Nope But i do use text to speech

Was the Vanquish jump posted in thread?

Various breads and cheeses, if they're so savage they haven't developed good cheese and bread yet.
Is alcohol a food? Alcohol, mostly fruit based.
Chocolate, because life isn't lived until you've eaten it.

Yes. Several times. It didn't get much attention, though, the jump is pretty clunky and as such not many people made builds.

>Breath of the Wild jump by Digger

Yeah, but there were several complaints that weren't addressed. It was hardly "accepted", but I guess that doesn't really matter anymore so long as it's posted.

Fullmetal Alchemist
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
One Punch Man

They're all decent.
The first is a bit heavy on drama and feels.
JoJo is full of fabulousness and insanity.
OPM is… just amusing. Quiet chuckles, not out-loud laughter.

You haven't even played it and yet you're going to make a jump for it? What are you, Dirge?

There was a time when such a thing was more than mere legend. It has long since passed.

Should definitely watch Eiken.

Not gonna lie, user, for some reason that combination of pic and post made me lose my shit

I fuckin' love you guys

With the Level One and Mana Burst Perks, how does our growth rate compare to that of the Protagonists? What would I be capable of doing with a Year of practice, if I keep actively searching for threats that could pose some level of challenge (through the use of Item Worlds, for example)? I'm not overly familiar with the Disgaea series, but don't the plots of most of the games resolve over the course of a few weeks at most, or am I mistaken?